PDA

View Full Version : I just read that Arks were the bad guys in (PSO1) Episode 3...

Jim
Jul 23, 2013, 05:12 AM
I never played it. Is that true? Are the Hunters dead or something?

EDIT: I've also seen it spelled "Arkz" when referring to Episode 3

blace
Jul 23, 2013, 05:13 AM
If you mean episode 3 in PSO, yes and no. In episode 3 its Arkz and Hunters, the former being a rebel group on Ragol and the latter taking place on Pioneer 2 after becoming independent from Coral. However, this is PSO2.

The story for episode 3 is that it takes 20 or so years after the events of episodes 1 and 2. Using a type of germ to make weapons and creatures in a card form.

Meji
Jul 23, 2013, 05:16 AM
They also spelled it "ARKZ", so it's not the same.

Jim
Jul 23, 2013, 05:27 AM
If you mean episode 3 in PSO, yes and no. In episode 3 its Arkz and Hunters, the former being a rebel group on Ragol and the latter taking place on Pioneer 2 after becoming independent from Coral. However, this is PSO2.

The story for episode 3 is that it takes 20 or so years after the events of episodes 1 and 2. Using a type of germ to make weapons and creatures in a card form.

Interesting. I might just go back and play Episode 3 now.

They also spelled it "ARKZ", so it's not the same.

I did notice the difference in spelling, but it's too similar to be completely unrelated, even if there's only a meta-connection there.

blace
Jul 23, 2013, 05:32 AM
There's also the lack of any correlation between the two games and their settings, as PSO had the background story of a colonist ship seeking refuge on a new planet to call home after war ravaged their home world, whereas PSO2 seems to be revolved around scientists/mercenaries scattered throughout the universe.

Keep in mind that episode 4 takes place almost immediately after episode 2 and years before episode 3. Episode 3 is more story driven than exploration and that the material they use is linked to Dark Falz, whom you have destroyed back in episode 1. Spoiler aside, it can be considered as a non fundamental part of PSO's story, it also places your character in a position of a rookie and is non-playable aside from roaming the hubs for both Arkz and Hunters.

gigawuts
Jul 23, 2013, 08:07 AM
They've actually confirmed ARKZ and ARKS are completely unrelated entities in one of their livestreams IIRC. PSO2 is meant to be connected to PSO1, but only technically in a "this happened now let's move on" Night of the Living Dead sequels kind of way.

EvilMag
Jul 23, 2013, 08:19 AM
Watch, when episode 3 comes next year, the plot twist is that the Arks is the same one in PSO Episode 3!

yoshiblue
Jul 23, 2013, 12:17 PM
Or the events that lead to the creation of Mobius and Shadow. :p