PDA

View Full Version : new coast VH field?

jooozek
Jul 23, 2013, 01:59 PM
http://sadpanda.us/images/1750421-UQ5DFP2.png

why are lv 55 enemies dropping this kind of shit in that new coast VH field?

NoiseHERO
Jul 23, 2013, 02:16 PM
>new enemies

>drop OLD weapons from normal mode

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 23, 2013, 02:17 PM
Because Episode 2

...For some reason

Jakosifer
Jul 23, 2013, 02:17 PM
Because PSO2*

Zenobia
Jul 23, 2013, 02:19 PM
I dunno man I dunno, but lemmeh tell ya its kinda fucked up LOL!

Mysterious-G
Jul 23, 2013, 02:20 PM
Perhaps because despite this, coast might as well have the best droptable in the whole game as of now? I get it, these drops you got are sh*t, but goddamn if there aren't some really, really sweet items dropping on that map.

jooozek
Jul 23, 2013, 02:26 PM
Perhaps because despite this, coast might as well have the best droptable in the whole game as of now? I get it, these drops you got are sh*t, but goddamn if there aren't some really, really sweet items dropping on that map.

aside of the katanas and bows everything is outclassed by old AQs

Z-0
Jul 23, 2013, 02:31 PM
Well, Flame Icarus is like 9 S-Atk under Jinrai, the Rod is like 26 attack under Amaterasu, the sword is 8 S-Atk under Dragon Slayer, the Flame mechs are 17 R-At under Pandora

etc etc etc

Yeah they're outclassed although not by much, but everyone is just playing Coast because that's what everyone is doing, there's no capsule requirement and it drops Agito, which everyone seems to have a boner for. Plus I believe the Coast drops are easier to find than the AQ rares, however...

AQs are still far, far more rewarding, especially since they increased the drop rates on 56-60 enemies, AQs give more experience and the affix drops can sell for a pretty penny and are not particularly rare. Have you seen the prices of 1 slot power 3 weapons lately? Those drop all the time in AQ (well they've gone down now, but not too long ago they were 50,000). The stones can be used for cheap cubes as well.

It's a shame hardly anyone is playing AQs, I want to make meseta. MPA is extremely unrewarding because the EXP is nothing like AQ, and you will get nothing out of it unless you're lucky.

MetalDude
Jul 23, 2013, 02:35 PM
Pretty much waiting on an AQ Coast (maybe Den down the road?). I just can't stick with MPA-ing.

Z-0
Jul 23, 2013, 02:36 PM
Personally I'm just miffed that many, many, many good items are being concentrated in one area, so that it's all anyone wants to play. This happened early game, when the focus was primarily on Floating Continent (unless you wanted Ardillo), and I thought we got past this with Advanced Quests, with all AQs being decent to play (except Sactum :3), which at least gave the game a bit more variety.

Maenara
Jul 23, 2013, 02:51 PM
It's not all that worse than everyone spamming Border Break and before that, Ruins.

yoshiblue
Jul 23, 2013, 02:52 PM
Think they got a different team to do EP2?

Totori
Jul 23, 2013, 03:54 PM
Think they got a different team to do EP2?

Completly unlikely, it's just drop rates. Games everywhere have them messed up like that.

jooozek
Jul 23, 2013, 04:00 PM
It's not all that worse than everyone spamming Border Break and before that, Ruins.

you know whats funny? i dont recall getting any hard mode garbage on either of those

gigawuts
Jul 23, 2013, 04:01 PM
RIDULTIVS

RIDULTIVS EVERYWHERE

Aeris
Jul 23, 2013, 04:03 PM
Lol, reminds me of sanctum now when you get so many crappy rare drops.

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2013, 04:04 PM
Because SEGA has no goddamn idea what they're doing. That fully dawned on me when I got ~8 Hard Mode rares from one instance of Lv. 60 Falz (Hands and Elder). Why the hell are those even in the drop charts for Lv. 60 enemies? Good Christ.

MetalDude
Jul 23, 2013, 04:17 PM
It sort of makes sense in AQs as far as pyroxenes go but beyond that it's obnoxious. The allure of seeing a shiny red item kind of disappears when you can almost instantly recognize it as trash from its weapon type.

Emp
Jul 23, 2013, 05:49 PM
Pretty much waiting on an AQ Coast (maybe Den down the road?). I just can't stick with MPA-ing.

Get used to it. Bb is dissapearing real soon iirc.

angrysquid
Jul 23, 2013, 05:56 PM
Well hopefully with BB taking the leave MPA-ing will return to what it used to be..
Maybe it is just me but I rarely find an actuall MPA... most of the times it is just 3 or 4 actual players with their bots or locked with no info in the description.
And when I set the option to join Bots-restricted quest I end up 1/12 ..

gigawuts
Jul 23, 2013, 06:00 PM
Anyone else think free fields should more closely resemble BB? Points system, quest cleared after a little while, more hectic, etc.

NoiseHERO
Jul 23, 2013, 06:02 PM
But seriously

>ep2

>all new monsters

>all new field that's supposed to represent ep2, even being a PSO1 ep area throw back

>every new enemy in said new field is new, nothing recycled, cept for the part of em being reskins

>drops normal mode existing rares from day 1 episode 1

>????

>F2P SEGA

angrysquid
Jul 23, 2013, 06:05 PM
Anyone else think free fields should more closely resemble BB? Points system, quest cleared after a little while, more hectic, etc.

With the little addtion that you can still proceed to boss area with the boss inside even when you finished the quest from getting the points... imo

AgemFrostMage
Jul 23, 2013, 06:06 PM

What's wrong with Border Break spam? The quest has monsters of every type and can get many client orders done at once. Also cover in case of bosses from buildings and crates. Only thing I don't like is Persona appearing too often =(

AgemFrostMage
Jul 23, 2013, 06:07 PM
With the little addtion that you can still proceed to boss area with the boss inside even when you finished the quest from getting the points... imo

Going to boss, you're too funny ^_^

MetalDude
Jul 23, 2013, 06:42 PM
Going to boss on BB, yeah, but both Coast bosses are worthwhile for their rare variants in that regard.

If they'd fucking drop their discs for once, Christ.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 23, 2013, 06:45 PM
Going to boss on BB, yeah, but both Coast bosses are worthwhile for their rare variants in that regard.

If they'd fucking drop their discs for once, Christ.

Org blan is my favorite boss in the game he's so fun and cool. I don't like fighting the serpent too many ways to die and his rare didn't drop nabarta but the stupid rifle skill.

Jim
Jul 23, 2013, 06:50 PM

Yes. This.

It could also be a good idea to have no door to the boss at all. Instead, you'd have to find the boss in the MPA. Would fit the game feel of exploration much better, and would give you the chance to find the bosses more than once in a run.

gigawuts
Jul 23, 2013, 06:56 PM
I would REALLY like it if the passage/teleporter/whatever to the boss was better hidden and MPA's had more going on in them, with the focus on exploration instead of speedruns - but for that to happen droprates need to be more fitting for runs that would take that long.

Sanctum handles layouts a bit better, but with the same kinds of droprates as bosses you can run to in half the time it winds up becoming incredibly tedious to try to get a drop from free fields runs there.

The Walrus
Jul 23, 2013, 07:02 PM
Org blan is my favorite boss in the game he's so fun and cool. I don't like fighting the serpent too many ways to die and his rare didn't drop nabarta but the stupid rifle skill.

I'm like the exact opposite of you, I hate Org Blan with a passion and love Bal XD

gigawuts
Jul 23, 2013, 07:09 PM
Org is a massive dick, Bal's my bro.

MetalDude
Jul 23, 2013, 08:59 PM
I don't particularly hate Org. GU completely ruins him. It's those fucking adds that make me want to punch holes in the wall. Gonna kill whoever it was that decided the sharks should be more obnoxious reskins of gulfs.

Zenobia
Jul 23, 2013, 09:20 PM
I'm like the exact opposite of you, I hate Org Blan with a passion and love Bal XD

I don't hate the boss but those freaking sharks lord talk about flipping out.

BizarreJuju
Jul 23, 2013, 09:25 PM
Gonna kill whoever it was that decided the sharks should be more obnoxious reskins of gulfs.

They are my most hated small mobs over Predicarda. However I enjoy killing them for their potential 10* drops, oh boy~

I don't really complain about the old drops however. I just sell them all at the counter.

Macman
Jul 23, 2013, 09:34 PM
Since there's no beach AQ yet, they need to throw in other random garbage to take the place of red weapons to taunt you with.

BizarreJuju
Jul 23, 2013, 09:43 PM
Would also be nice to have Beach Tacos~ (Probably need to wait for next map)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 23, 2013, 09:55 PM
I don't particularly hate Org. GU completely ruins him. It's those fucking adds that make me want to punch holes in the wall. Gonna kill whoever it was that decided the sharks should be more obnoxious reskins of gulfs.

Preaching to the quire.

From the makers of the banther+gulf football team, they bring you synchronized stunlock swim team.

Fuck those guys...

FacelessRed
Jul 23, 2013, 10:00 PM
Preaching to the quire.

From the makers of the banther+gulf football team, they bring you synchronized stunlock swim team.

Fuck those guys...

Hah, I laughed. So true... so so true. However if you have absorbtion on as a hunter... 1 over end is +50-80% hp ;D

ReaperTheAbsol
Jul 23, 2013, 10:22 PM
I hate those sharks! Hate 'em, hate 'em, hate 'em!

yoshiblue
Jul 23, 2013, 10:34 PM
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa159/ismarc92/Avatares/Kefka_Admin.png: I hate those sharks! Hate 'em, hate 'em, hate 'em!

Preaching to the quire.

Quote of the year material.

gigawuts
Jul 23, 2013, 10:35 PM
All y'all need some kanran in your life.

MetalDude
Jul 23, 2013, 10:39 PM
I was actually going to bring up Braver's Kanran as something that really helps. I find myself having so much less trouble if I periodically use it when fighting Org. It completely shuts them down. Anything outside of that and I want to kill myself. The only redeeming feature while playing GU is flipping and Infinite Fire being so mobile that I jump around like a spaz and avoid most of the damage.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 23, 2013, 10:41 PM
All y'all need some kanran in your life.

#1 reason I play braver right now.

When in doubt (and being attacked by fish and sharks like a boy band member by a fan girl mob), spam kanran as if it were DA. (well, not quite; save some PP if you think they'll live long enough to get back up again)

jooozek
Jul 24, 2013, 10:51 AM
anyone notice how shitty the lambda katana and bow attack power are comparing to other (vh) lambda "tigredor" stuff and 10* items?
like lets say, tigredor and ridultiv go from base 274/301 to 403/441 respectively for the lambda version while katana and bows go from the base version attack 262 to 306 on lambda versions
for comparison with 10* items, worst 10* rifle (excluding falz stones) has 363 base, worst launcher has 410 and worst katana has 358 base and worst bow has 429 base
what is going on here? and we all know that the currently worst katana/bow are entry vh items just by going by the amount of dex required (worst 10* gunslash requires 300 dex)

gigawuts
Jul 24, 2013, 10:53 AM
Given the generally low atk of katanas, compare it to a double saber instead of a rifle.

Not saying you're wrong, I haven't checked any numbers myself, but katanas do tend to have lower atk from what I've seen while casually equipping items.

jooozek
Jul 24, 2013, 10:55 AM
lambda failnaught outpowers base on noise blower so there

NintendoLight
Jul 24, 2013, 11:12 AM
SEGA!