PDA

View Full Version : a winner of a TA run

Remz69
Jul 23, 2013, 04:26 PM
so i completed the TA (in 19 mins, not in 30ish if you were wondering) but the game decided i didn't........... --__--
and i also discovered at the same time that i can't take screenshots for some obscure reason ( they come up as a black screen)
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/965864DSC00176.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=965864DSC00176.jpg)[/SPOILER-BOX]

if this is frequent i think i understand why people don't do TAs even though they want money
anyone know where the error came from so i can try to think of a way i can make sure this never happen again ?

jooozek
Jul 23, 2013, 04:34 PM
if you pressed print screen to take a screenshot it should land in My Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pictures
either way, if you are that slow you should find people to run it with, makes it much faster
solo TAs are generally for people who are fine with those slow times or are geared up properly and using all kinds of animation cancelling/knuckle dashing to cut the times
edit: oh, and you should learn all the shortcuts for solo runs, just find some solo runs with good times and they will have them

Remz69
Jul 23, 2013, 04:46 PM
thx for the imput
oh, screen shots are saved automatically, of course they are, i'm an idiot

i know the shortcuts and i know how to get around quickly as well, it's just that my burst DPS is not that good compared to people i see in videos

i'm ok with slow times however i'm not ok with wasting time, i spent 20mins on it and the quest glitch on me upon completion, that's a winner and i wanted to know if i could make sure it doesn't happen or if it's frequent because i haven't run many TAs yet and i certainly won't if it happens all the time

GreenArcher
Jul 23, 2013, 04:47 PM
The quest timer will continue to tick if you decid to sit in the boss arena for an extra ~20 minutes, but the game will still realize you cleared it at your original time for purposes of clear rewards/ranking.

Remz69
Jul 23, 2013, 04:52 PM
i'm pretty sure the timer disappear upon completion
but that aside, the pipe didn't spawn, and my CO didn't complete either, my only option was to abandon or go back to the de malmoth to get killed ...
edit: now that i think about it, i don't think you can even backtrack to the De malmoth (the only enemies i didn't kill in area 2)

NoiseHERO
Jul 23, 2013, 04:56 PM
if this is nab 1....

this is something that usually happens when you try to take a certain shortcut ( using grants to break the rocks changing the destinations of 2 of the 4 portals )

I'm guessing that's not what you did, but it basically means the game is seeing you missed something required to consider the mission complete. Which means you either DID miss something somehow or you got glitched.

Since this is a sega game glitched is highly possible.

Remz69
Jul 23, 2013, 05:13 PM
wait, that shortcut is totally intended right ? whatever i'm not taking it ever again, what's 2 mins when you risk 20 by using it
anyway thx for the imput

NoiseHERO
Jul 23, 2013, 05:17 PM
wait, that shortcut is totally intended right ? whatever i'm not taking it ever again, what's 2 mins when you risk 20 by using it
anyway thx for the imput

Wait, normally when you go around the donut part of the map, and then breaking the rocks, to change the portals to make the shields go down, that part is intended.

But you can break said rocks way ahead of time and skip a lot of monsters you have to kill if you use grants to break it from behind a forcefield. >_________>

That sounds confusing.

TL;DR there's the intended shortcut of lowering the side forfields that block the rockbear and the shortcut that fucks up the whole mission. but I'm assuming you didn't do the latter and your mission got screwed up anyway.

Remz69
Jul 23, 2013, 05:28 PM
oh ok, yeah that's not what i did and i did get screwed anyway
i'm assuming it's not happening too often since no one said a word about that... hopefully
either way if it's a frequent issue i'll learn that the hard way since i need the money anyway :(

oratank
Jul 23, 2013, 06:31 PM
go with random party 40-60 min for 5 VHmap

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 23, 2013, 07:01 PM
I thought the fixed the grants thing, my teammate said it wasn't working

BlankM
Jul 23, 2013, 07:04 PM
Its patched.