PDA

View Full Version : I just need to say this right now....

Masakan
Jul 23, 2013, 08:07 PM
If we don't hear any REAL news about an english release before the end of the year. Then it doesn't matter if they jap server is available or if they bring it stateside at all.

I'm not playing it.

This whole thing just reeks of a sence of incompetence, and general laziness. I understand if they are having issues, but don't keep people in the dark about it.

Just something like "hey guys we are having some issues, so the english release is gonna take longer than we thought" just that would be enough.

But no they say it's delayed and then we hear nothing for 6 months.

I consider myself a patient man, but as I said they have till the end of the year to give any sizable amount of info, not even the actual game just tell us what's going on and I'll be happy.

I refuse to support a company that intends to keep its consumers in the dark like this. When they clearly have a wide playerbase eagerly awaiting it's release.

vantwan123
Jul 23, 2013, 08:12 PM
You best give up then.

Even if they DO release an NA version I don't think it will be very successful because those who really want to play PSO2 are already playing the japanese version, and those who had some interest in it probably moved on already, since it's been so long. Not to mention if they planned on releasing it in NA, then its pretty much mandatory that the content is up-to-date with the latest japanese version as well, and I doubt that would happen.

Vintasticvin
Jul 23, 2013, 08:17 PM
Not to be rude but "This thread again?"

The Walrus
Jul 23, 2013, 08:22 PM
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu2/FenrirMX/Cool%20Story%20Bro/Cool_story_broMiley.jpg

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 23, 2013, 08:24 PM
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu2/FenrirMX/Cool%20Story%20Bro/Cool_story_broMiley.jpg

Noc Codez
Jul 23, 2013, 08:35 PM
Go to the Offical forums and cry and moan about it. I really don't understand why people come to a fan site and vent.. Can we help ? NO can we pass thessg on to SOA ? NO..

Then why do it ? Lol

supersonix9
Jul 23, 2013, 08:35 PM
ew miley cyrus

Kion
Jul 23, 2013, 08:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/t8IHP.gif

Noc Codez
Jul 23, 2013, 08:45 PM
Lol @ kion

Gardios
Jul 23, 2013, 08:47 PM
In case OP doesn't understand the responses: There's nothing we can do about it, we agree on SoA being terrible at communication (and more) and the hype of the those not playing on JP servers has already died down for the most part.

Zorafim
Jul 23, 2013, 08:48 PM
I gave up when I heard 9 months. I learned from PSU. At this point, an english version of the game will be completely inferior to what we have. Feeling impatient? Then jump on B2 like the rest of us and enjoy the full game. Why bother waiting?

Laga
Jul 23, 2013, 09:11 PM
also if you have a problem with Japanese, theirs plenty of sites out there who have literal translations for everything in the game... my 2¢

Zenobia
Jul 23, 2013, 09:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/t8IHP.gif

Woot look at the win on this shit hell yeah!

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 23, 2013, 09:13 PM
also if you have a problem with Japanese, theirs plenty of sites out there who have literal translations for everything in the game... my 2¢

this times a million

Kion
Jul 23, 2013, 09:21 PM
In case OP doesn't understand the responses: There's nothing we can do about it, we agree on SoA being terrible at communication (and more) and the hype of the those not playing on JP servers has already died down for the most part.

I doubt that it's SoA's or SoE's fault. I think SoJ announced the game worldwide, made a demo for PAX, had a site made and just stopped talking to SoA after that. There really doesn't seem to be anyone in the loop at NA/EU, if they were I think they'd at least have some news or information to give about the game.

It's likely they could be short on staff on the Pso2 dev team to be able to support a different region, it could be someone at the main HQ who isn't passing information onto other regions. Or it could be a conscious decision that the Japanese version is performing better than expected, they want to put their resources into that and working on a different region would fragment them and cause their overall quality to drop.

One thing i see pretty often is, "why doesn't Sega release the game in NA, don't they like money?". Right now there are 3500 people using my chrome extension, there are 500 people a day visiting Arks Layer from over 70 countries, and that's only a portion of the English community. This is a small fraction of the population who is jumping through hoops to play the game. If the game were officially released, it would likely have the fan following, people who have been waiting for the game, more people who would try it based on being free, and likely more would jump from other online games to PSO2 because the gameplay is really polished compared to other online games. That being said though, it's still Sega's property and if they miss this chance, that's their responsibility, and their decision; you are not entitled to this game.

The another opinion that I see pretty often is that the English patch is too good and Sega thinks that everyone who wants to play is already playing. As I mentioned above, the current international players on JP pos2 are only a small population size, and likely many more would play. Also for the first year of the game it was mostly just Agrajag's team with a barebones English patch for the essential menus and information. I didn't get involved on the story patch until February this year, and Aida starting getting involved around March shortly after that. In order words, the original release date was Spring 2013, and the English patch was of no serious threat to any NA release.

Beyond that, while there are many people who contribute and expand the patch, there's mostly a small number of diligent core members (like 10 people) who work to get the patch out to everyone. Sega saying that 10 people working on a fan patch in their free time is a threat to their company is not something they should admit to. Also the patch isn't something that's taking away from their business either, all of the costs are fronted by people working on it, and all of the players are on the official JP servers paying Sega. Not to mention that given a chance to help out any official international release, i for one would be more than happy to help if they asked for it.

At this point, I don't think an international release is an option. Sega has shown time and time again that they don't support their products outside of Japan, so it's users beware as far as that goes. If they wanted to do it, they could pretty easily add more ships on the Japanese servers and just select a different address for a patch server to download the correct English dialog to the client (pretty much how AIDA's launcher works now anyways) and add foreign credit cards or paypal to their player site. But, don't hold your breath on that.

The patch now is getting pretty massive and where it was mostly Japanese with a few parts in English, not it's mostly in English with a few parts in Japanese. And there are more people working on a way to translate the item names in memory. So it's not perfect, but it's getting better and if you're interested in the game, you might as well try it. Otherwise please take your bitching elsewhere because it really does nothing to add to the issue.

Masakan
Jul 23, 2013, 09:47 PM
You guys completely missed the point, but honestly I don't blame you. To you guys it just sounds like I'm another whiny brat and that's perfectly understandable.

My problem is with the company itself and I'm starting to understand why people are so hard on them ever since the whole PSU debacle. That's all I'm trying to convey. I never understood why people give sega such a hard time. Then I see this and everything becomes so clear.

The fact that they can be so irresponsible, I can see why people think sega is xenophobic.

But yeah me complaining isn't gonna solve anything. Like i said, I'll give sega until the end of the year. If I don't hear anything by then, I'll just keep my eye on the English patch. once everything non story related has been translated then maybe I'll consider heading to the jap server once i get a better rig.

oratank
Jul 23, 2013, 10:10 PM
wrong thread

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 23, 2013, 10:11 PM
You guys completely missed the point, but honestly I don't blame you. To you guys it just sounds like I'm another whiny brat and that's perfectly understandable.

My problem is with the company itself and I'm starting to understand why people are so hard on them ever since the whole PSU debacle. That's all I'm trying to convey. I never understood why people give sega such a hard time. Then I see this and everything becomes so clear.

The fact that they can be so irresponsible, I can see why people think sega is xenophobic.

But yeah me complaining isn't gonna solve anything. Like i said, I'll give sega until the end of the year. If I don't hear anything by then, I'll just keep my eye on the English patch. once everything non story related has been translated then maybe I'll consider heading to the jap server once i get a better rig.

Just saying, you may as well now.

I'll admit, I wasn't a big follower of phantasy star due to being broke, and having dail up in middle school when I had a dreamcast, but hearing how SoA handled phantasy star releases over here from a friend was enough to get me out of the 4 month break from jp pso, and playing again in febuary.

Aside from the time invested into what I have now, I don't see a reason to play EN pso. Best case scenario, it'll be just as good. Worst case (and far more likely) it won't. That is how much I doubt waiting anymore is worth it.

Renvalt
Jul 23, 2013, 10:16 PM

Might wanna expedite that. It doesn't like you're getting your wish.

Also, what's with this mentality of a large amount of people that their favorite games "Must be in all English"? Sounds to me that it's not Japan that's the xenophobes here, you're the REAL xenophobe. Your refusal to learn Japanese just screams "xenophobia".

Sure, you could argue that "learning Japanese just to play a stinkin' game" is a feasible reason to avoid doing so, but think about it: doing it for that reason carries a whole bunch of other perks. Like, if you see games that won't get localized, you can now understand what the fuck they're saying. Same with anime - you can now watch it raw and not need to have your eyes focused on the bottom half of the screen so damn much.

But, I suppose this wouldn't matter to a guy who thinks that English-speakers are the most supreme race on Earth and should be catered to like gods. But, hey, what the hell do I know, right?

Skye-Fox713
Jul 23, 2013, 10:18 PM

I highly advise you to at the least set up a JP PSO2 account just in case so if anything dose happen you will have an account ready to go.

Freshellent
Jul 23, 2013, 10:23 PM
I like how this thread is turning out better than other ones with a far less 'serious' subject.

I'll say this though:

We are -extremely- lucky that this fanbase has enough people in it who are willing to put the effort they do into anything at all. I'm extremely grateful to be playing again despite thinking that I could wait for a NA release. At this point, it's quite clear it's not going to happen and I've accepted it.

It's sort of an insult to just ignore what they have for us here, to keep making these threads when you can just take the time to stop complaining and just start fucking playing.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 23, 2013, 10:28 PM
I like how this thread is turning out better than other ones with a far less 'serious' subject.

I'll say this though:

We are -extremely- lucky that this fanbase has enough people in it who are willing to put the effort they do into anything at all. I'm extremely grateful to be playing again despite thinking that I could wait for a NA release. At this point, it's quite clear it's not going to happen and I've accepted it.

It's sort of an insult to just ignore what they have for us here, to keep making these threads when you can just take the time to stop complaining and just start fucking playing.

Damn, I should be ashamed. This reminded me I forgot the simplest thing...

Tons of thanks to our translators from me.

Cyclon
Jul 23, 2013, 10:29 PM
If I'm allowed a friendly advice.
If you're legitimately interested by this game, and your two reasons for not playing it are one, japanese and two, Sega, well... this is a F2P game, you have no reason to lend monetary support if you don't want to, and if you can read and speak english like it apparently is the case, from what I gather the game is perfectly playable for you at the moment.
So, if you care, give it a try?

In any case... I actually share your frustration, believe it or not. First because not everybody is gifted with the ability to understand english, so these people are left behind, but also because people at Sega just seem to love making one mistake for every step in the right direction. It's just sad to see that time goes by and things don't change.

Masakan
Jul 23, 2013, 10:30 PM
Might wanna expedite that. It doesn't like you're getting your wish.

Also, what's with this mentality of a large amount of people that their favorite games "Must be in all English"? Sounds to me that it's not Japan that's the xenophobes here, you're the REAL xenophobe. Your refusal to learn Japanese just screams "xenophobia".

Sure, you could argue that "learning Japanese just to play a stinkin' game" is a feasible reason to avoid doing so, but think about it: doing it for that reason carries a whole bunch of other perks. Like, if you see games that won't get localized, you can now understand what the fuck they're saying. Same with anime - you can now watch it raw and not need to have your eyes focused on the bottom half of the screen so damn much.

But, I suppose this wouldn't matter to a guy who thinks that English-speakers are the most supreme race on Earth and should be catered to like gods. But, hey, what the hell do I know, right?

When the hell did I say I wasn't willing to learn Japanese? I plan to take a class while I'm in college so I would appreciate it if you didn't assume things without having a complete understanding of where I am coming from. If i wanted to play it I'll play simple as that. That's not the issue here.

Funny how in my little displeasure with Sega, people think I refuse to play because the game is in Japanese and we have a very well done English patch right here on the forums.

Maronji
Jul 23, 2013, 11:14 PM
No. Just... no.

I've seen some radical viewpoints before, but that's a pretty screwed up one you've got right there. How is not wanting to learn a language a trait of xenophobia? That's a hell of a stretch you're making there.

Sure, you could argue that "learning Japanese just to play a stinkin' game" is a feasible reason to avoid doing so[...]
There are so many things wrong with the rest of your post that I don't think I could reasonably explain my reasoning without being a complete and total asshole about it.

Take my advice: You might want to look over your post again and think about what you just said very carefully.

Funny how, in my little displeasure with Sega, people think I refuse to play because the game is in Japanese and we have a very well-done English patch right here on the forums.
To be fair, that's basically what you said. (EDIT: Well, you have to twist it a bit, but still...)

If we don't hear any REAL news about an english release before the end of the year. Then it doesn't matter if the jap server is available or if they bring it stateside at all.

I'm not playing it.
Might want to think about what you mean VS what you're actually saying next time. Just sayin'.

Noc Codez
Jul 23, 2013, 11:15 PM
Why you ask !?

Because there are many Baka gaijins that come to the forums and cry and moan that they don't want to learn Japanese and bla bla blah..

FerrickX
Jul 23, 2013, 11:18 PM
When the hell did I say I wasn't willing to learn Japanese? I plan to take a class while I'm in college so I would appreciate it if you didn't assume things without having a complete understanding of where I am coming from. If i wanted to play it I'll play simple as that. That's not the issue here.

Funny how in my little displeasure with Sega, people think I refuse to play because the game is in Japanese and we have a very well done English patch right here on the forums.

so because Sega of NA isn't going to release the english version, you're not going to play the one that's already available even with the english patch ?

and even if sega does release it stateside you're still not going to play it ? Where's the logic here ? Explain yourself

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 23, 2013, 11:22 PM
It's called not supporting a company.

Narrillnezzurh
Jul 23, 2013, 11:22 PM
No. Just... no.

I've seen some radical viewpoints before, but that's a pretty screwed up one you've got right there. How is not wanting to learn a language a trait of xenophobia? That's a hell of a stretch you're making there.

He's not wrong, he's just using the term "xenophobia" incorrectly. I don't know where you get off calling his viewpoint radical in any sense.

Zenobia
Jul 23, 2013, 11:26 PM
That right keep this up while the servers are down entertain me!

FerrickX
Jul 23, 2013, 11:27 PM
It's called not supporting a company.

in which is synonymous with idiocy.

So you want to play a game, but you don't want to support a company, for a free game that you wouldn't even need to pay, and even when (if) they comply to your demands, you still wouldn't want to play the game because you wouldn't want to support the company

that's the very definition of idiocy there

Cyclon
Jul 23, 2013, 11:29 PM
That right keep this up while the servers are down entertain me!We really are sad people.

Masakan
Jul 23, 2013, 11:32 PM
so because Sega of NA isn't going to release the english version, you're not going to play the one that's already available even with the english patch ?

and even if sega does release it stateside you're still not going to play it ? Where's the logic here ? Explain yourself

I was hoping I could just let this thread die out. But...

Alright I'll try to keep it simple so you can understand. Sega announced that the English version was going to come out in 2013 back in 2012.

We have long since past that point and all we heard from them is "it's delayed" and nothing since, and by the time they release it here(if they ever do) It would be too late, the Hype would be long since dead and anyone who was interested in it are either playing the Japanese version or moved on to play something like Tera or War-frame.

My Issue has nothing to do with it being in Japanese, and everything to do with Sega being completely incompetent.

Name most any other company, and they will be sure to meet the deadline they put out, and even if they didn't they would at least give a through explanation as to why it's taking so long.

Considering Sega's past history This leads me to believe one of two things.

Either Sega don't really realize what they are doing and are prone to making the same mistakes over and over again

Or they know they are essentially shooting themselves in the foot and just don't care.

It's a total lack of diligence, that's all it really comes down to.

Narrillnezzurh
Jul 23, 2013, 11:34 PM
Name most any other company, and they will be sure to meet the deadline they put out, and even if they didn't they would at least give a through explanation of why it's taking so long.

Blizzard Entertainment.

Maronji
Jul 23, 2013, 11:35 PM
He's not wrong, he's just using the term "xenophobia" incorrectly. I don't know where you get off calling his viewpoint radical in any sense.

Regardless of whether he's using the term correctly, calling people "xenophobic" because they don't want to learn a language? I'd sooner attribute that to laziness or simply just not wanting (or not having the luxury) to have to deal with the time investment involved.

Learning a language can't be done overnight. It requires some amount of dedication over a long period of time (the length of which can be different for everyone), and not everyone has the drive to learn a whole new language just to play foreign video games and watch anime.

Also, to be fair, I directly said that his viewpoint was "pretty screwed up". I might've suggested that it was radical (which would've been unintentional; if you can't tell, expressing my thoughts clearly and concisely isn't exactly one of my strong suits), but that wasn't what I directly said.

Masakan
Jul 23, 2013, 11:36 PM
Blizzard Entertainment.

Key word being "MOST"

Zenobia
Jul 23, 2013, 11:39 PM
We really are sad people.

Shh Cylon let me eat mah popcorn in peace C;<

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 23, 2013, 11:40 PM
Cylon Cyron

Cyclon
Jul 23, 2013, 11:43 PM
Shh Cylon let me eat mah popcorn in peace C;<
Since one major figure of this forum, plus another green lover happens to be named Cyron, that typo may be uncalled for what am I even talking about(-_-)
Edit: Summoning powers.

TC, if you think that even so much as playing a game is a form of support, well... I kind of agree with you actually. It's a bit of a shame, but whatever.

FerrickX
Jul 23, 2013, 11:52 PM
-snip-

your issue is useless, instead of taking something that is already there, you chose to keep barking and wait for something that's definitely inferior (unless if they're going to pre-patch the english version with Episode 2 right off the bat which is unlikely since its SegaNA) and choosing not to play it either even if they do release it. Its pretty obvious on who is going to benefit the LEAST out of this, and its definitely not Sega

Name most any other company, and they will be sure to meet the deadline they put out, and even if they didn't they would at least give a through explanation of why it's taking so long.

say hello to blizzard entertainment, and gearbox

end note: lol tera and warframe ?

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/rolling_eyes_neil_degrasse_tyson.gif

HIT0SHI
Jul 23, 2013, 11:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qAEPmWP.png

The only reason why I'm on the JP atm is because I was testing it as a beta, the idea was to know what who be on the US servers once they hit the shores but it just hasn't happened and will most likely will not come to us anytime soon if ever.

Considering that SEGA stayed quite since PAX 2012 and only recently filled us on info from about 3 moths or so ago of being delayed to an undersigned date, I have accepted by now that I would mainly play on the JP servers (vs the lack of content in the US/NA versions like on PSO1 and PSU:AoI) ESPECIALLY with the amazing support of the fans with the Eng. patch witch is not necessary considering that I've played before such a patch was available and I was able to play and understand very well the game by just going to PSOW, some PSO2 wikis.

Masakan
Jul 23, 2013, 11:59 PM
your issue is useless, instead of taking something that is already there, you chose to keep barking and wait for something that's definitely inferior (unless if they're going to pre-patch the english version with Episode 2 right off the bat which is unlikely since its SegaNA) and choosing not to play it either even if they do release it. Its pretty obvious on who is going to benefit the LEAST out of this, and its definitely not Sega

say hello to blizzard entertainment, and gearbox

end note: lol tera and warframe ?

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/rolling_eyes_neil_degrasse_tyson.gif

Enough. It's clear to me now that nothing I say is going to get through that thick skull of yours, No matter what I say you have already gained your opinion of me and will not even acknowledge that I may have even the slightest bit of reasoning.

You took what I said and radicalized it to make it seem like I'm some xenophobic gaijin, when in reality all you've done is make yourself look like a total clown.

I was hoping i could get a proper conversation going, but i simply don't have the time or patience for simple minded idiots like you.

I hope you never have kids, and continue to be the basement dwelling fat neck bearded waste of life you are and always will be.

Thank you for your time, Good day to you sir.

Yamishi
Jul 23, 2013, 11:59 PM
To OP, I hear what you're saying, and obviously people are a little short-fused about this sort of thing because these forums get a LOT of it. But if you want to play PSO2, come play it. I promise, the gaijin are friendly (for the most part), and if you don't spend any cash on the game, then you're using Sega's server resources and giving nothing in return, essentially sticking it to them! It's win-win!

That right keep this up while the servers are down entertain me!

Add a "pho" and turn the Z into X, and your name IS xenophobia.

Guys, I figured it out!

Masakan
Jul 24, 2013, 12:01 AM
To OP, I hear what you're saying, and obviously people are a little short-fused about this sort of thing because these forums get a LOT of it. But if you want to play PSO2, come play it. I promise, the gaijin are friendly (for the most part), and if you don't spend any cash on the game, then you're using Sega's server resources and giving nothing in return, essentially sticking it to them! It's win-win!

Add a "pho" and turn the Z into X, and your name IS xenophobia.

Guys, I figured it out!

Huh... that's not a bad idea actually.

FerrickX
Jul 24, 2013, 12:15 AM
-snip-

xenophobic gaijin ? no no no, you look more like a total idiot with logic issues.

Me, simple minded ? Funny, i should say the same to you, because seriously, I've been saying this again and again (in fact, i've been purposefully repeating it on all of my posts in this topic), the JP version is there, its free, its available to most users, and its very easy to register, there are english speakers, and there's an english patch that's very easy to install too, and yet you refuse it. If this isn't simple minded, i don't know what else

you don't want to support the company ? (even though its a different branch) Fine, don't pay anything, its a free2Play game, you're not supporting them financially just by playing it anyways

Kous
Jul 24, 2013, 12:33 AM
.....Gosh, Do I have to go through this again...............

The Japanese Version is there to play, but some ppl still choose to wait for the NA version. This is not ignorance, or being a Xenophobe.

Its being able to call something Yours. I personal play MMO's for the experience, not the pure game itself, even though thats a big part.

I want to be able to be able to communicate with normal people, that don't really takes PSO2 that serious, and If someone is gonna go through the trouble to get a English Patch, for a Japanese game, or go through the trouble to learn Japanese to play PSO2, probably isn't gonna play it casually.

Also to know your can communicate with everyone, and not have to go into a party and see people talking in a language you can't understand. Really some people just don't crave PSO2 that much to go through that.

MetalDude
Jul 24, 2013, 12:45 AM
Having connections prior to or going into playing JP PSO2 helps a ton. I know quite a few people who started with our team immediately upon playing because it'd be familiar territory where they could get instant english help.

FerrickX
Jul 24, 2013, 12:46 AM
-snip-

sure, its not ignorance nor is it xenophobe, in fact there are little problems (which include slower updates and lesser events and SEGANA) on waiting for the NA version to come, but after reading through TC's reasoning, i couldn't help but facepalm myself and wonder on how did humanity survive this long

ship 2 B-20 (which is usually filled with english speakers) has some casuals too who just play the game for the heck of it and most of the time the parties in B-20 are filled with english speakers too, so there's that language barrier solution

Shambertin
Jul 24, 2013, 01:22 AM
If you really wanted to play it you would be on jp servers by now stop QQ'ing and either play it or find a different game.

Cyclon
Jul 24, 2013, 01:26 AM
ship 2 B-20 (which is usually filled with english speakers) has some casuals too who just play the game for the heck of it and most of the time the parties in B-20 are filled with english speakers too, so there's that language barrier solutionI'd go farther than that; block 20 is pretty much the block where nothing gets done ever. So if you want a casual experience this is like THE place to be.

FerrickX
Jul 24, 2013, 01:28 AM
I'd go farther than that; block 20 is pretty much the block where nothing gets done ever. So if you want a casual experience this is like THE place to be.

lol i did mention "casual" XD

Shambertin
Jul 24, 2013, 01:33 AM
I'd go farther than that; block 20 is pretty much the block where nothing gets done ever. So if you want a casual experience this is like THE place to be.

i disagree lately me and a couple of b20'ans have organised 12 man beach mpa's in b20 hard mode and very hard mode. i think you need to be more social ingame and get to know players then maybe you can "get stuff done" as you call it.i solo'd untill about lv 40-45 the game is not that hard, bosses are a pain but can be taken down.

Cyclon
Jul 24, 2013, 01:37 AM
i disagree lately me and a couple of b20'ans have organised 12 man beach mpa's in b20 hard mode and very hard mode. i think you need to be more social ingame and get to know players then maybe you can "get stuff done" as you call it.i solo'd untill about lv 40-45 the game is not that hard, bosses are a pain but can be taken down.Yeah, it's more like a running gag really. I'm pretty sure there are good parties even there.

Zenobia
Jul 24, 2013, 01:41 AM
Yeah, it's more like a running gag really. I'm pretty sure there are good parties even there.

The good players who do play there with there nice affixes are sometimes nice enough to help them as well when they need or if we can.

Though when a DF pops up a lot fo those good players haul ass to a different block.

I also see a lot of MPA's being formed by some fo the good players who wanna do something.

Its cool to comment off of what you know from the past, but this isn't the past anymore B20 has mellowed out quite a bit.

Still awaiting the day we have common sense not to bunch those good players up as a whole.

Shad0owdruid
Jul 24, 2013, 01:44 AM
ll its way too late tbh .in my opinion even if the english version come out i wont play it and stay japenese one.Anyway our Sega is meh.... lol

blace
Jul 24, 2013, 01:44 AM
Most of the responses in the thread so far has been made on the short tempered end of it, mostly don't understanding the other hurdles needed to get through the hoops to get to the meat of the game.

I'm not bashing anyone for directly saying, "just play on JP servers", but that line of response isn't really helping with what the OP stated. The lack of localization information is what he wants and to be frank, falls on deaf ears as Sega representatives and community managers no longer look here for fan input.

Even then, I don't see how you people continue to spur on the ever raging torrent of "play JP servers because SoA is lol". I really don't understand the ever present need to look down on someone that would rather wait on a local release and support that, whereas those of us that are playing on SoJ's servers are paying more than needed for the same goods and are at the mercy of being banned for violating a part of the ToS.

Also, I would like to add on that a lot of the released content and clothing in this game are tie-ins with other franchises that have little to no renown here. Licensing those items for use here will be hell as it's promoting a product line or series that isn't native here or has any standing. Localization requires more patience to iron out the legality issues between the publisher and those involved in the final product.

TLDR: No real info from SoA and licensing issues are most likely reasons for no news.

Shad0owdruid
Jul 24, 2013, 02:57 AM
who the hell looker down on him? i just gave my opinion that i prefer japenese server . what did i say wrong ? xD

blace
Jul 24, 2013, 03:02 AM
I didn't say you, rather I didn't even name anyone.

It's pretty clear though for the first few pages.

FerrickX
Jul 24, 2013, 03:13 AM
I didn't say you, rather I didn't even name anyone.

It's pretty clear though for the first few pages.

but what else is there to say ? This is just another thread where a simple response of "Either play JP version or just wait for NA and stop QQing" would be enough

blace
Jul 24, 2013, 03:15 AM
And what do you propose besides the usual "play JP or QQ"?

Squall179
Jul 24, 2013, 03:42 AM
Not really much else can be said on the topic to be honest, Blace.

Until it either comes our or not in the NA/EU regions, we've only got JP PSO2. I'll play on JP until we get it. If we don't? I'll keep playing there, thats about all I or any of us can really do, is to decide if we are going to or not. No real point arguing over it one way or another.

*he points to the post below him* This, right here. Best solution. I'm a hypocrite though heh.

FerrickX
Jul 24, 2013, 03:43 AM
And what do you propose besides the usual "play JP or QQ"?

easy, 0 replies, the next time a topic like this pop up again, just ignore the hell out of it

blace
Jul 24, 2013, 03:44 AM
easy, 0 replies, the next time a topic like this pop up again, just ignore the hell out of it
Yet you went in with the usual reply.

Anyway, it's done and over with for the thread, the TC wanted it to die out, but we dragged it on longer than needed.

FerrickX
Jul 24, 2013, 03:46 AM
Yet you went in with the usual reply.

Anyway, it's done and over with for the thread, the TC wanted it to die out, but we dragged it on longer than needed.

hey i only started because it had replies to begin with, would've ignored it if it didn't have any replies

and also add in the factor that the game is under maintenance right now too

and the TC's logic was so stupid that i had to say something about it, hell i'm even more amazed of myself on not simply replying with a "go fuck yourself"

moorebounce
Jul 24, 2013, 03:47 AM
It's been over a year since it launched in JP and still no NA/EU release. There won't be a NA/EU release. Buck up and join the JP servers if you want to play it.

jooozek
Jul 24, 2013, 03:57 AM
It's been over a year since it launched in JP and still no NA/EU release. There won't be a NA/EU release. Buck up and join the JP servers if you want to play it.

and neither are the asian versions in 2014 coming out, right? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

FerrickX
Jul 24, 2013, 03:59 AM
and neither are the asian versions in 2014 coming out, right? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

by asiasoft...................

jooozek
Jul 24, 2013, 04:02 AM
by asiasoft...................

aaaaaaaaaand?

Sizustar
Jul 24, 2013, 04:03 AM

Gamania, the same Gamania that when releasing cosmic break, which had Gacha of full mech, they decided to break into individual pieces, the same gamania that put time limit on AC outfit for Elsword?

FerrickX
Jul 24, 2013, 04:05 AM
aaaaaaaaaand?

hellooooo false-advertisement and unannounced worldwide IP bans out of nowhere

jooozek
Jul 24, 2013, 04:06 AM
hellooooo false-advertisement and unannounced worldwide IP bans out of nowhere

and what does that have anything to do with morebounce claiming that just because there is more than a one year delay it will never come out with asiasoft taking two years?

Gamania, the same Gamania that when releasing cosmic break, which had Gacha of full mech, they decided to break into individual pieces, the same gamania that put time limit on AC outfit for Elsword?

read above

FerrickX
Jul 24, 2013, 04:08 AM
and what does that have anything to do with morebounce claiming that just because there is more than a one year delay it will never come out with asiasoft taking two years?

read above

because technically they're ip limited to the countries they cover and therefore doesn't count ?

jooozek
Jul 24, 2013, 04:09 AM
u wot m8????

FerrickX
Jul 24, 2013, 04:13 AM
u wot m8????

morebounce's point (the " Buck up and join the JP servers if you want to play it.") still stands true because the Asian versions ip block their games so that the citizens of their country can play on their server while everyone else should either proxy into it or play on JP server, because that's the only one that's available to everyone

jooozek
Jul 24, 2013, 04:14 AM
i dont even
morebounce claims that just because there is a one year delay the NA/EU will never come out
why do you even mention the asian versions? i only mentioned them to show that the amount of delay doesn't matter

NoiseHERO
Jul 24, 2013, 04:21 AM
Whether it comes or not stop waiting for it and you'll be cool.

FerrickX
Jul 24, 2013, 04:23 AM
i dont even
morebounce claims that just because there is a one year delay the NA/EU will never come out
why do you even mention the asian versions? i only mentioned them to show that the amount of delay doesn't matter

which means my argument was about the wrong topic and i do apologize, but a question does come up.

why DID you even mention about the asian release to begin with? Seriously, statistically speaking Asian regions rarely miss out MMOs from KR and JP to begin with

Shambertin
Jul 24, 2013, 04:24 AM
do you even lift?

Squall179
Jul 24, 2013, 04:25 AM
my my Wren, I don't think that they do. THen again, I bet you could one handedly lift a car. *he is going entirely by the avatar in use*

blace
Jul 24, 2013, 04:26 AM
which means my argument was about the wrong topic and i do apologize, but a question does come up.

why DID you even mention about the asian release to begin with? Seriously, statistically speaking Asian regions rarely miss out MMOs from KR and JP to begin with
Because it's been more than a year since JP release. That's what.

Zenobia
Jul 24, 2013, 04:27 AM

Beat me to it LOL.

KazukiQZ
Jul 24, 2013, 04:33 AM
Well, Asiasoft will bring doom to PSO2 world O_O

My estimate:
-Falz will be uber-strong, final bosses will be buffed to extreme level;
-Dudu will charge more meseta than before;
-AC items (or @cash, that's what Asiasoft using) will be even more expensive;
-From Japanese to English translation BUT very poorly done (Google translation, maybe....O_O);
-Bug here, bug there, and there too!
-Some other reasons people had already mentioned :3

Hope it will been delayed eternally. I mean, REALLY.

FerrickX
Jul 24, 2013, 04:34 AM

and so ? Its no surprise that the asian region will get it, just like every other mmos JP and KR-made that was released a year or more after its initial release

blace
Jul 24, 2013, 04:35 AM
Well, Asiasoft will bring doom to PSO2 world O_O

My estimate:
-Falz will be uber-strong, final bosses will be buffed to extreme level;
-Dudu will charge more meseta than before;
-AC items (or @cash, that's what Asiasoft using) will be even more expensive;
-From Japanese to English translation BUT very poorly done (Google translation, maybe....O_O);
-Bug here, bug there, and there too!
-Some other reasons people had already mentioned :3

Hope it will been delayed eternally. I mean, REALLY.
For the sake of the SEA region, Sega will step ip and prevent them from changing the game too much. More than likely, Sega will be the ones gouging the prices.

and so ? Its no surprise that the asian region will get it, just like every other mmos JP and KR-made that was released a year or more after its initial release
And? Still going to be other releases besides JP only. You can't deny any of this.

FerrickX
Jul 24, 2013, 04:36 AM
For the sake of the SEA region, Sega steps in and limits the amount of changes AsiaSoft can do to the game. More than likely, Sega will price gouge everything already.

here's hoping that the only thing that they (asiasoft and gamania) would only get the control over the AC shop and events

And? Still going to be other releases besides JP only. You can't deny any of this.

And? There's still a huge chance that we're not getting it, just like many other MMOs, you can't deny of this possibility either

also it being in asian region doesn't mean shit to any of us outside of the specified countries to begin with, so how does that help the majority ?

KazukiQZ
Jul 24, 2013, 04:41 AM
^Let's hope for that.

blace
Jul 24, 2013, 04:46 AM
And? There's still a huge chance that we're not getting it, just like many other MMOs, you can't deny of this possibility either

also it being in asian region doesn't mean shit to any of us outside of the specified countries to begin with, so how does that help the majority ?
Doesn't change the fact that there are other regions that are still getting the game.

Last I checked most chinese based MMOs allow foreign IPs.

FerrickX
Jul 24, 2013, 04:49 AM
Doesn't change the fact that there are other regions that are still getting the game.

Last I checked most chinese based MMOs allow foreign IPs.

doesn't change the fact that it doesn't help us one bit... well except if you understand Mandarin that is, but in general that doesn't really help at all

and asiasoft ip blocks, gamania doesn't but its in Mandarin

blace
Jul 24, 2013, 04:51 AM
doesn't change the fact that it doesn't help us one bit... well except if you understand Mandarin that is, but in general that doesn't really help at all

and asiasoft ip blocks, gamania doesn't but its in Mandarin

It's still an option for the chinese community that was affected by the mass banning.

Shayuna
Jul 24, 2013, 04:52 AM
well i hope for a english release. but i can wait. jp is fine. not perfect but better as not to playing right?

i know many mmo's wo need YEARS to come outside, like soul of the ultimate nation. this needed ... i think 3~ years to come outside.

FerrickX
Jul 24, 2013, 04:55 AM
It's still an option for the chinese community that was affected by the mass banning.

chinese commu, yes, but english commu ? well not much of a difference is there ? Other than listening to NPC speaking in Mandarin... which in itself is actually kinda interesting, wonder how it will sound lol

blace
Jul 24, 2013, 04:56 AM
Practically every game requires a number of years to see a release in any other region. I was surprised to see such a straight forward answer from SoA, a mere month after release for a western version.

Everything takes time regardless and usually the minimum for localising a game is around 2-3 years. You usually don't see worldwide releases for MMOs, because of the content for their regions.

fay
Jul 24, 2013, 05:10 AM
To be honest, the reason it's probably not released yet is because of the fan-base, and I'm excluding myself from this next comment.
Through PSU days, all I ever saw from the forums was moan, moan, moan. When ever SEGA did something wrong, the players were all over them like flies on shit screaming they can't do anything right. Then when SEGA did what they wanted by giving rewards and new missions or whatever, people STILL complained. The comments just shifted into things like this grind boost is ruining the market. What they should have said is this grind boost that we bugged SEGA into giving us is ruining the market. Basically the player base is bad. I have said this I started properly using the forums. The Phantasy Star series has definitely without a second thought got the most immature and childlike player base ever. All everyone does is moan. Now don't get me wrong. Not everyone is like this. 99.9% of people are.
It's not as bad since PSO2 came out, but there is still a large amount of moaning. For example, check out the maintenance extended 4 hours topic. It's just full of people complaining about the extra time. Get over yourselves. SEGA wants to catch any bugs when they see them. It's what companies do. If you can't keep yourself amused for 4 hours and NEED to be playing that game, then I say to you that you have no life. Go outside and enough yourself for a bit.

Back to my original point. The player base is why I think the game is not released. With all the moaning the players did to SoA, SoJ and probably trying to work out if it is even worth bringing out when all they will do is get more abuse from child like players which gives them more of a bad reputation.

FerrickX
Jul 24, 2013, 05:10 AM
Practically every game requires a number of years to see a release in any other region. I was surprised to see such a straight forward answer from SoA, a mere month after release for a western version.

Everything takes time regardless and usually the minimum for localising a game is around 2-3 years. You usually don't see worldwide releases for MMOs, because of the content for their regions.

normally yes, it would take a long time to get it localized, and that's why companies usually hold the news off until they have atleast started on making the localization, but in SoA's case, they announced it even before the game was made, and only to leave it with little updates and announcements (when was the last time they said something about pso2 ? March was it ?), so by now its unsure if they are going to release it or not

well it depends on the game and the company as to whether to make the game a global server or not and it does happen here and there

blace
Jul 24, 2013, 05:22 AM
normally yes, it would take a long time to get it localized, and that's why companies usually hold the news off until they have atleast started on making the localization, but in SoA's case, they announced it even before the game was made, and only to leave it with little updates and announcements (when was the last time they said something about pso2 ? March was it ?), so by now its unsure if they are going to release it or not

well it depends on the game and the company as to whether to make the game a global server or not and it does happen here and there
They announced it shortly after PSO2 launched in Japan. Still pretty ambitious and at PAX it didn't seem like the staff knew about it, but were forced into doing a quick translation for the game as a demo.

Come on, Sega has fallen over the years. It was more or less a clean up of what they showed at TGS if I recall.

Zipzo
Jul 24, 2013, 06:03 AM
Good day to you sir.

When did it become a fad to use this ever so polite phrase on those you're telling off? I can't wait for this "Good day sir" stuff to die, but it's so overused.

Kondibon
Jul 24, 2013, 06:07 AM
When did it become a fad to use this ever so polite phrase on those you're telling off? I can't wait for this "Good day sir" stuff to die, but it's so overused.

I'm pretty sure that kind of thing has been going on for as long as sarcasm has existed. It actually bothers me because when I try and be polite it just makes people think I'm being sarcastic. D:

NoiseHERO
Jul 24, 2013, 06:15 AM

Go fly a kite.

Chdata
Jul 24, 2013, 06:22 AM
I hear that Sega is notorious for the American side to be seriously neglected in comparison to the Japanese side.

It's funny how much American release of this game is being delayed. If you think about it, this is all they have to do:

Translate text.

Possibly dub new voices, even though that's not even entirely needed. (SSBBrawl Marth).

That really isn't a lot of hard work. Even the fans are doing it faster than an actual company with full access to their own game.

http://i.imgur.com/pNewdWV.png

AgemFrostMage
Jul 24, 2013, 07:06 AM

You don't understand why people give Sega the hard time? I tell you why:

1.Decrease in overall quality since the post-Dreamcast era

2.Sonic '06 do I need to say more?

3.PSU Japan was far ahead the rest of the world in content.

4.Sega says something, then doesn't deliver on their promises.

5.Threatening Shining Force fans.

6.Speaking of the above Shining Force Neo was not a real Shining Force game. Don't call a game with radically different gameplay Shining Force call it something else!

7.Many teams like the PSO2 team are great and make great games, but Sega management is terrible and they are limited by them.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 24, 2013, 07:10 AM
Keep in mind that IGG hosted Wonderland Online in the west and charged outrageous prices compared to Chinesegamer. The same would probably happen with Asiasoft and whoever gets the release for NA.

SakuRei
Jul 24, 2013, 08:01 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu2/FenrirMX/Cool%20Story%20Bro/Cool_story_broMiley.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

ew miley cyrus

Exactly... ugh... Miley :etongue: ANYWAYS besides that eww miley thing... Even for the SEA PSO2 which AsiaSoft will handle. I might try but I won't stay long on that game due to arrogant SEA players through the gaming world. Good side is most of the game is fully english translated but meh... I'd still stay in PSO2 Japan.

Maronji
Jul 24, 2013, 08:31 AM
If someone wants to join the JP server, cool. If they like to wait for the NA version (which, let's be honest, is never coming), that's their choice and they have the right to make it. We may disagree with it, but that doesn't make them stupid or anything - They just want something different than what we do.

Jesus people.
/thread (mostly, anyway; you know what I mean). Seriously, thank you.

Can we end this asinine charade now?

Masakan
Jul 24, 2013, 08:34 AM
http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv51/Rcajun/My%20Best%20Pics/Animated%20Graphics/EatingPopcornAnimation.gif

If someone wants to join the JP server, cool. If they like to wait for the NA version (which, let's be honest, is never coming), that's their choice and they have the right to make it. We may disagree with it, but that doesn't make them stupid or anything - They just want something different than what we do.

Jesus people.
And this is why you are one of the heads of the forum.
But you are completely right. Why can't more people understand this?

AgemFrostMage
Jul 24, 2013, 08:49 AM
http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv51/Rcajun/My%20Best%20Pics/Animated%20Graphics/EatingPopcornAnimation.gif

Jesus people.

I like the Japanese version when things become Americanized it isn't the same as the original. The Japanese voices are great and add to the feel, no need for dubbing. Stuff changes too much in America because of stupid parents complaining if a character swore. In one anime the original had a realistic gun color in the intro but in America they change it to orange to look like a toy. Sonic cartoon gunshots are changed to lasers, etc.

Skyly HUmar
Jul 24, 2013, 08:56 AM
And this is why you are one of the heads of the forum.
But you are completely right. Why can't more people understand this?

You gotta remember lol, this is psow ;p. And honestly man, the game got canned, there was no release date given and its getting delayed. Theyre going to probably say it's getting delayed a couple more times then can it.

If you really want to play the game, hop onto the jp server before everyone gets too far ahead of you content wise. Ship 2 block 20 is where most of the english players are.

IceHedge
Jul 24, 2013, 09:19 AM
I would argue downloading the game and making an account is a form of support. Playing it, well, maybe, assuming that Sonic Team is tracking how many hours of playtime are logged, but most free to play games I've seen base their success on the microtransactions and the amount of accounts made to play the game.

What I don't understand is this underhanded assumption that no one will want to play it when it comes stateside. I don't know how many others are in my line of thinking, but I'm specifically waiting for the US release of PSO2 and won't accept anything less. I'm not going to download the JP version because one, they've already stated it's against their TOS or they simply don't want foreign IPs accessing the game, and I respect that, and two, it's in another language. I play videogames for the accessibility, convenience, and fun factor, and if two of the three reasons I play them aren't there, then it's a no go.

I bought a new computer for PSO2- I am a huge fan of the series, I just respect laws and company's wishes. I can't wait for this to release, but disappointing news after disappointing news -is- a bit discouraging.

HIT0SHI
Jul 24, 2013, 09:50 AM
Sadly these types of topics have become a target for trolling and angst due to SEGA not keeping us informed for a year on the US/NA release, while the JP still gets constant updates back-to-back. It's quite a shame that the most of the community acts this way and continues to fuel the fire and cannot discuss said topics in reasonable and respectable manner. That said, if you so decide to come and play on the JP servers, Ship 2 Block 20 is where most of the Eng. community is in as said before.

FoxstepCEO
Jul 24, 2013, 09:52 AM
I want to make a simple statement, and conclude it with a question.

Statement: I've been enjoying PSO2, myself wishing it'd get a Western release. I am VERY VERY thankful for people who've put in hard work to not only translate what's changeable/win32-able, but also doing whatever coding/wtc. in order to make those translation files work. I've been doing mainly trail by fire/error and getting as much info from this site as I can, and has been incredibly helpful.

Unfortunately, I've noticed that in my quest/client order to figure stuff out, I look through threads for information, and quite a lot of them at some point or another devolve into arguments, many MANY of them being petty "That's what you said, and here's why you're wrong because you said it like this, and this is how I interpreted it and this is why I'm right". I personally would like it if there was less of that, somehow. Just something I noticed and hope there's more civil solutions to such situations. I'm sure all y'all are cool people, no need for that silly stuff.

And to address the OP, I'm frustrated with Sega SO much with you as well. Classic example. Virtua Fighter 5R. I love fighting games, and for Sega to release that game to everyone, after like, a year or more of it being in Japanese arcades, just makes me go "Ya know.......:-?" I tried to help get a VF scene started, and well, it barely exists on the west coast. So yea, I've been pissed at Sega, and I WANT to give them my money, but they have this medical condition of being allergic to it, it seems.

But I'll continue to support good games, ragardless, and that's why I'm still all by myself in Ship 1 cuz I'm a friggin' idiot and didn't realize to check where other Yank-anese-speaking folks are at. I feel that even with all the flaws this game has that have been mentioned numerous times by the veterans here, this game offers something that (to me at least) makes grinding and killing crazy fun with the fast-paced action that really makes any WoW-like skill-spam ORPG's quite boring, and hopefully Sega at least continues to add more content to keep things fresh as they can.

All that long-winded stuff aside, my question.

Question: Why Sega......why? :-(

Shirokami
Jul 24, 2013, 09:59 AM
I'm fine with the JP version, being with Japanese makes it interesting.
Even though I can't understand shit at times, I still like it that way, it's just like when I was 10 years old and I didn't know shit about english when I first got into MMOs.

Cyclon
Jul 24, 2013, 10:10 AM
I would argue downloading the game and making an account is a form of support. Playing it, well, maybe, assuming that Sonic Team is tracking how many hours of playtime are logged, but most free to play games I've seen base their success on the microtransactions and the amount of accounts made to play the game.

What I don't understand is this underhanded assumption that no one will want to play it when it comes stateside. I don't know how many others are in my line of thinking, but I'm specifically waiting for the US release of PSO2 and won't accept anything less. I'm not going to download the JP version because one, they've already stated it's against their TOS or they simply don't want foreign IPs accessing the game, and I respect that, and two, it's in another language. I play videogames for the accessibility, convenience, and fun factor, and if two of the three reasons I play them aren't there, then it's a no go.

I bought a new computer for PSO2- I am a huge fan of the series, I just respect laws and company's wishes. I can't wait for this to release, but disappointing news after disappointing news -is- a bit discouraging.You are making a very big gamble for reasons I honestly think aren't worth it, but apparently explaining why to you would be considered as the behavior of an asshole so.
I truly hope the game does come out in the US at some point and that you don't end up with nothing. I mean it.

snipI truly need to apologize to you, for two reasons. First, because I find posts akin to "this guy is right fak you all", no matter how they're worded or what random gif they contain to be massively DISRESPECTFUL to anybody with a different point of view and thus cannot bring myself to do the same, and two, because my frustration is making me turn this intentionally friendly comment into a rant.
But all in all, good post.

CloudChaser
Jul 24, 2013, 10:18 AM
AIDA, what would any of us on this site do without you and your translating posse^^
Wish I could help but i don't know how lol

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 24, 2013, 10:21 AM
Most of us would be fine. She isn't the sole reason the english patch exists.

If they like to wait for the NA version (which, let's be honest, is never coming), that's their choice and they have the right to make it.
-still not gonna let go how you left me in the big scary pso2 world all alone-

FoxstepCEO
Jul 24, 2013, 10:23 AM
Cyclon: Oh there's no reason to be sorry, and explaining the rationale was not necessary, I usually understand where both sides of whatever argument are coming from, and it just happens, mainly misunderstanding. :-P

I just wish I could somehow contribute something useful to the PSO2 community, as all I'm able to do is figure out which PA's tend to be the most effective in said situations. All the while, there's completely broken down guides of arts by level and race and I'm like "Good gawd I suck......I don't even know what I'm doing" Needless to say I'm slightly above-casual knowledge'd and trying to find the best way to be efficient. Got a few friends to download PSO2 and showing the the tricks I picked up, although I just wish I could convey the encyclopedic knowledge this place has to them and apply them myself, sometimes it's just hard to find good info when there's pages of people arguing sometimes. :)

CloudChaser
Jul 24, 2013, 10:25 AM
I hear that Sega is notorious for the American side to be seriously neglected in comparison to the Japanese side.

It's funny how much American release of this game is being delayed. If you think about it, this is all they have to do:

Translate text.

Possibly dub new voices, even though that's not even entirely needed. (SSBBrawl Marth).

That really isn't a lot of hard work. Even the fans are doing it faster than an actual company with full access to their own game.

http://i.imgur.com/pNewdWV.png

EXACTLY, just translate the text, we could give a shit less if language spoken was japanese. Personaly I'd like it better if it was still in Japanese. Sega, word to the wise, let the translators completely translate the game, buy the patch from them, leave voicing and audio as is. nuf said.

Niris
Jul 24, 2013, 01:03 PM
But it wouldn't be complete without wooden voice actors.

Chdata
Jul 24, 2013, 01:43 PM
I like the Japanese version when things become Americanized it isn't the same as the original. The Japanese voices are great and add to the feel, no need for dubbing. Stuff changes too much in America because of stupid parents complaining if a character swore. In one anime the original had a realistic gun color in the intro but in America they change it to orange to look like a toy. Sonic cartoon gunshots are changed to lasers, etc.

Of course, the newly released bikini/speedo's will instead become your own wearable Black bar censor!.

Infact, the old swimsuits might end up that way.

And dance6 will be removed.

Anyway, here is my further input.

I was looking forward to an English release just for the sake of convenience with translated text. Otherwise jp PSO2 is just fine. But ever since I read this:

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/30/sega-hates-us-proclaims-an-outspoken-pso2-blog/comment-page-1/#comments

and heard that JP versions of any Sega game have always been more up-to-date and cared for in general, it sounds like I'm going to just have to disregard an English release and stick with translation patch+jp version of the game.

Of course, I haven't been playing for the last half a year because I went back to TF2 and other games and since my computer broke down for a while, so I completely missed on hearing the English version got delayed, but I didn't care much because the only difference it makes to me is text.

Now I hear that SoA is generally worse than SoJ, I don't care about it at all now. Though, now in-game I get a little worried in-case there really are these Japanese players who can't stand gaijin to where I started using the JP E-trial/enemy names for my autowords for announcing ingame E-trials /a to everyone.

I'm also not someone who cares about dub vs sub while watching anime (I prefer dub because it's convenient because with my computer set up, I can't just lay down in bed while watching subs). But for the fight noises, I think this is one case where I'd prefer jp voices.

Masakan
Jul 24, 2013, 01:59 PM
Of course, the newly released bikini/speedo's will instead become your own wearable Black bar censor!.

I was looking forward to an English release just for the sake of convenience with translated text. Otherwise jp PSO2 is just fine. But ever since I read this:

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/30/sega-hates-us-proclaims-an-outspoken-pso2-blog/comment-page-1/#comments

and heard that JP versions of any Sega game have always been more up-to-date and cared for in general, it sounds like I'm going to just have to disregard an English release and stick with translation patch+jp version of the game.

Of course, I haven't been playing for the last half a year because I went back to TF2 and other games and since my computer broke down for a while, so I completely missed on hearing the English version got delayed, but I didn't care much because the only difference it makes to me is text.

Now I hear that SoA is generally worse than SoJ, I don't care about it at all now. Though, now in-game I get a little worried in-case there really are these Japanese players who can't stand gaijin to where I started using the JP E-trial/enemy names for my autowords for announcing ingame E-trials /a to everyone.
I'm also not someone who cares about dub vs sub while watching anime (I prefer dub because it's convenient because with my computer set up, I can't just lay down in bed while watching subs). But for the fight noises, I think this is one case where I'd prefer jp voices.

And that honestly might be the reason they decided to publish it through Asiasoft rather than through SoA. Still doesn't excuse anything but it would explain a lot.

jooozek
Jul 24, 2013, 02:02 PM
about psow: can't accept the fact that it's SoJ calling the shots and not SoA

CloudChaser
Jul 24, 2013, 02:04 PM
about psow: can't accept the fact that it's SoJ calling the shots and not SoA

Cold hard truth:/

AgemFrostMage
Jul 24, 2013, 02:08 PM

It is fine if you keep your head down and be discreet. Of course you need to do nothing to attract hate a certain group of Japanese nationalist in real life go around Japan where Koreans and Chinese are known to be and say get out saying nasty things. Of all the times Japanese have to be loud and obnoxious lol. Still not all Japanese are obviously like that but it happens.

Subs are better because English translations often kill what feeling the Japanese delivers. You don't have to understand Fourrier, Melitta or Brigita to like them, they have cute voices. Or Revelle, but she hates you in the beginning, but... the feeling isn't mutual then since you can tell she's actually nice.

FerrickX
Jul 24, 2013, 02:39 PM
And that honestly might be the reason they decided to publish it through Asiasoft rather than through SoA. Still doesn't excuse anything but it would explain a lot.

maybe its because Sega doesn't have any branch in Asia (that asiasoft and gamania covers) that they decided to allow asiasoft and gamania to take over so that doesn't really excuse SoA's lack of updates

that said, if SoA decides to go to third party MMO companies, i sure hope that its not aeria, gpot, OG, ntreev and nexon