PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to give me advice on AC scratch economics?

Jim
Jul 23, 2013, 11:58 PM
As soon as the servers come up, I'm gonna spend about 3,000 AC on scratches. I haven't been playing much until recently, so maybe you guys can answer some questions for me:

Is it generally more profitable to put stuff on the market in the first few minutes the servers come up, or will prices on things go up as the day progresses?

Do you find 200 or 400 scratches to be more profitable? Does the higher concentration of costumes justify getting half the loot?

Any other tips you might have on making more Meseta with AC scratch would be appreciated.

Yamishi
Jul 24, 2013, 12:05 AM
As soon as the servers come up, I'm gonna spend about 3,000 AC on scratches. I haven't been playing much until recently, so maybe you guys can answer some questions for me:

Is it generally more profitable to put stuff on the market in the first few minutes the servers come up, or will prices on things go up as the day progresses?

Do you find 200 or 400 scratches to be more profitable? Does the higher concentration of costumes justify getting half the loot?

Any other tips you might have on making more Meseta with AC scratch would be appreciated.

Either put it up in the microseconds after the servers come up, or wait until it's no longer available to put it up. Lots of people will do scratch for the duration of the tickets' availability, so prices will (usually) go down throughout the couple of weeks that the card is available.

Worth noting that the Gold scratch is 500AC, not 400, so it's more than double. And to answer your question, no, it's rarely worth it to go for the Gold AC Scratch. Some of the most valuable AC items in the game are makeover tickets, which you can only get through the 200AC cards.

Mewnie
Jul 24, 2013, 01:29 AM
Yeah, 500 AC per and all you get are male clothes. 3000 AC down the drain.

Shad0owdruid
Jul 24, 2013, 01:29 AM
I have to agree with Yamishi . the 200 Ac scratchis the one who in my opinion worth the most and u need to put ac item as fast as tthe server is up if u want some decent money but u will get undercut really fast that way too so tbh the more patient the more money u get u better wait to sell the valuable ticket u will get till its not available anymore , that way ( trust me i ddid it ) u will get ALOT of money

Sylphia
Jul 24, 2013, 01:59 AM
Most often, placing items for sale sooner is better than waiting. Some items will hold thier value for a year (accessories and certain clothes colors for example).

I'm guessing Yamishi is talking about evolution devices for your mag, not makeover tickets (este makeover) which aren't transferable. It's a toss up for me, gold vs standard AC, depends on the fashion available.

On a side note, I wish there was a place to see what lobby actions are what, since it's always a tough decision, sell lobby action XX for 5mil, or use it..... >.>;

Shad0owdruid
Jul 24, 2013, 03:02 AM
like u said*most often* but im talking about valuable and popular item that people need alot wich is better to wait ....for exemple: i sold a wedding dress when it was not available anymore and i got a bunch of million for it :)

Sylphia
Jul 24, 2013, 03:31 AM
Yeah that's what I was refering to really, the white wedding dress was 15-20mil until revival now it's 1.2 or so. Black maid dress is still 4-5mil, same with the wet white towel and a a few others. Ship2 btw. I popped over to ship 5 to meet a friend early on, talk about high prices on a not so populated ship.... ouch.

Jim
Jul 24, 2013, 06:19 AM
I dunno, guys, the prices are fluctuating so much right now, I have no idea what to list anything for. Suggestions?

blace
Jul 24, 2013, 06:28 AM
It's best to go with the current market price, unless of course you want to sell stock quickly, then undercut the competitors by a fair margin.

Jim
Jul 24, 2013, 06:31 AM
It's best to go with the current market price, unless of course you want to sell stock quickly, then undercut the competitors by a fair margin.

Yeah, it's starting to level out, so I feel more comfortable pricing things. It was kind of all over for a minute or two though. :P

blace
Jul 24, 2013, 06:33 AM
Things dropped from the usual 4-5 million range. I'm surprised the swimsuits dropped quickly.

Emotes and accessories are still up there.

Yamishi
Jul 24, 2013, 04:55 PM
Most often, placing items for sale sooner is better than waiting. Some items will hold thier value for a year (accessories and certain clothes colors for example).

I'm guessing Yamishi is talking about evolution devices for your mag, not makeover tickets (este makeover) which aren't transferable. It's a toss up for me, gold vs standard AC, depends on the fashion available.

On a side note, I wish there was a place to see what lobby actions are what, since it's always a tough decision, sell lobby action XX for 5mil, or use it..... >.>;

Yeah, sorry, bad wording on my part. I meant the accessory tickets, like hairstyles and such. Those things rarely drop in value once they're off of the AC scratch tickets.

Jim
Jul 24, 2013, 05:08 PM
For the record, I did 43 scratches and got just over 12 million Meseta for it. Not really too pleased, but as long as I get a million Meseta per $10 spent, i guess it's not horrible.

GreenArcher
Jul 24, 2013, 05:37 PM
Sounds horrible to me when you can easily obtain 1 million from 2 sets of VHTA. This is why I stay away from AC scratch.

Jim
Jul 24, 2013, 05:55 PM
Sounds horrible to me when you can easily obtain 1 million from 2 sets of VHTA. This is why I stay away from AC scratch.

Never done time attack, but yeah, I'm calling it: AC scratch is a ripoff.

Edit: For anyone who reads this thread and doesn't know, 43 scratches is about a hundred bucks.

Yamishi
Jul 24, 2013, 06:39 PM
Never done time attack, but yeah, I'm calling it: AC scratch is a ripoff.

Edit: For anyone who reads this thread and doesn't know, 43 scratches is about a hundred bucks.

It really sucks that you missed out on an AC Scratch from the 10th to the 17th that only had tickets in it. I did 10 scratches of that, used a couple that I really liked, and I'm now holding onto the rest until December or so when I can sell them for absurd amounts.

I'm sorry to hear about your low income. Really, it's just like gambling. If you got some of the really nice tickets, you'd be sitting pretty right now, but instead I assume you got a bunch of garbage. :(

If you did get any tickets that you didn't sell yet, hang onto them. Good things come to those who wait!

jcart953
Jul 24, 2013, 10:24 PM
Honestly in that Ac scratch I counted about 53 costumes all of which probably like 1-5 are worth at least 1 mil. Now unless I'm going crazy I swear there are times when there are far less outfits and more tickets. When I see too many outfits and very few tickets I will often never play AC scratch.

In addition you can check the hot topic tickets to gauge how much you can potentially get. In regard to clothing, white and black ones usually retain the highest value especially after the scratch is long gone. All other colors usually don't retain that much value and float around 100-800k value.