PDA

View Full Version : maintenance extended by 4 hours

jooozek
Jul 24, 2013, 02:08 AM
job done well SEGAC

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?mode=view&id=1874

yoshiblue
Jul 24, 2013, 02:11 AM
Would you rather have to option to complain now or later?

Wait time or bugs? Your call, sarge.

blace
Knowing Sega, it'll be both.

xxmadplayerxx
Hmmm what happened? this has been happening alot lately.

Alisha
Jul 24, 2013, 02:12 AM
haha epic fail sega

Kondibon
Jul 24, 2013, 02:12 AM
Not like I was planning on playing anyway... *tsundere pout*

Seriously though, they're really dropping the ball lately.

Would you rather have to option to complain now or later?

Wait time or bugs? Your call, sarge.

People wouldn't complain as much if they were making more accurate time expectancies for maintinences. I understand that shit happens, but 4 hours is a LONG time to extend a maintenance, which means something really serious came up, or sega is just terrible at time estimates.

MetalDude
Jul 24, 2013, 02:14 AM
How do you fuck up new scratch, a couple new items, and 10 new XQ floors?

How? Sega makes the impossible possible.

yoshiblue
Knowing Sega, it'll be both.

Heh heh.

EvilMag
Sega is still gonna break something...

blace
Jul 24, 2013, 02:15 AM
Not like I was planning on playing anyway... *tsundere pout*

Seriously though, they're really dropping the ball lately.

How do you fuck up new scratch, a couple new items, and 10 new XQ floors?

How? Sega makes the impossible possible.

It was a large update. Probably discovered more bugs with the recent patch seeing as they're slowly unlocking that content bit by bit.

MetalDude
Jul 24, 2013, 02:18 AM
A story quest on top of the rest of the stuff that's still not really substantial unless I'm seriously missing something here.

Unless they fixed a bug (feels like one) where rare enemy discs have piss awful drop rates at the moment.

Alisha
Jul 24, 2013, 02:18 AM
15 mb is large? wat

xxmadplayerxx
Jul 24, 2013, 02:20 AM
Drop rate 0.01% Fail rate 99% but im sure the extra hours will be worth it...

Kondibon
Jul 24, 2013, 02:20 AM
It was a large update. Probably discovered more bugs with the recent patch seeing as they're slowly unlocking that content bit by bit.

I can understand that kind of stuff but like I said, 4 hours is a long time, they might as well just add 4 hours to all their maintenances like Nexon did so it'll feel like it ends early instead of having everyone waiting until that moment when the servers are back up and disappointing them.

EDIT: For the record I'm not blaming sega for how long the maintinence is. I'd just prefer a longer maintinence time estimate with a chance for them to finish "early" than extensions on a normal length maintinence. It feels bad to be waiting for something then find out near the end you have to wait more. It feels GOOD to wait for something and then have it come early.

blace
Jul 24, 2013, 02:21 AM
15 mb is large? wat
Content update. That measly 15MB is to unlock that content that we already downloaded.

As I've said in my last post, they probably ran into a few bugs in that 5GB of content or they screwed up something server side. Take your pick.

ReaperTheAbsol
Jul 24, 2013, 02:26 AM
Time for bed. Hopefully the compensation is decent, not that I hate the usual compensations that are given out.

Oh who am I kidding. I love Triboosts as much as the next guy, but Sega needs to up the ante. Throw in some EX Cubes too, and maybe some RDR boosts as well!

Kondibon
Jul 24, 2013, 02:27 AM
Time for bed. Hopefully the compensation is decent, not that I hate the usual compensations that are given out.

Oh who am I kidding. I love Triboosts as much as the next guy, but Sega needs to up the ante. Throw in some EX Cubes too, and maybe some RDR boosts as well!

I take back what I said. I forgot they give us free stuff whenever this happens. They don't need to change their estimates. o wo

Kondibon
Jul 24, 2013, 02:28 AM
http://static1.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/4316057+_a2aae538862c875c10dd324f6304a0d8.png

Funnyjunk doesn't let you hotlink their images. Though I guess that's a better way to get the point across than those sites that replace hotlinked images with shock site pictures and dead kittens...

FacelessRed
Damn ... Looks like I'll have to actually do... life-things.

Daveach
yep, just found out lol

AlaskanKactus
Jul 24, 2013, 02:29 AM
I sleep through almost all of the maintenance anyways. I should be asleep now. Thanks for the update.

blace
Jul 24, 2013, 02:30 AM
You know, I'm not surprised by these extensions or emergency maintenance anymore. They always screwed something up regardless.

Daveach
Jul 24, 2013, 02:31 AM
welp. time to play another game / watch anime / read / sleep...

MetalDude
Jul 24, 2013, 02:36 AM
This just seems like a really ridiculous piece of content to extend for. I realize they may not be able to verify all of EP2's content as completely clean but the stuff they're unlocking is trivial sans the story quest.

Zenobia
Jul 24, 2013, 02:38 AM
Every update from here on out will be a extended maint for bugs I'm calling it now.

supersonix9
Jul 24, 2013, 02:39 AM
who cares, I get compensation

also gives me time to finally play The Witcher 2

MetalDude
Jul 24, 2013, 02:39 AM
Hey, again as long as the bullshit with discs barely dropping off rare enemies gets fixed, I'm totally fine with this extended maint. I'm just sick of doing 10 runs to find 1 rare boss that drops 0 discs (or worse, a ring of meseta which has happened way too often recently).

blace
Jul 24, 2013, 02:40 AM
Every update from here on out will be a extended maint for bugs I'm calling it now.
I'm going to bet on extended emergency maintenance every other week.

Kondibon
Jul 24, 2013, 02:40 AM
You know, I'm not surprised by these extensions or emergency maintenance anymore. They always screwed something up regardless.

That's why I was saying they might as well just add a few hours to the normal times. o wo

But no, I prefer compensation.

blace
Jul 24, 2013, 02:42 AM
That's why I was saying they might as well just add a few hours to the normal times. o wo

But no, I prefer compensation.
Whichever works I suppose. Not like I play much anymore, soloing everything gets boring fast.

Tetsuo9999
Jul 24, 2013, 02:43 AM
Yeah, they did that with PSU, and it was always up "early". Granted, I'm sure it takes more work to maintain and update this game, but I don't see why they won't just add more time to the maintenance instead of the way they're doing it now.

Is there a new katana weapon camo in this update?

supersonix9
Jul 24, 2013, 02:44 AM
lol free triboosters for all

Sylphia
Jul 24, 2013, 02:54 AM
I thought this was a 'NOT!" post... but.... oh well.

@tetsuo A sword surfboard camo, and a rod camo I think. I don't neccessarily mind the extentions to the maintenance, the emergency maintenance on a rare boost day is what is really dissapointing.

MegaMettaurX
Jul 24, 2013, 03:13 AM
At least it's not Nexon.

Kondibon
Jul 24, 2013, 03:17 AM
At least it's not Nexon.

Nexon has actually been really prompt about their updates lately. Sega is arguably doing worse than them right now, though I have no idea how good Sega's user support is...

Chou-Chou
Jul 24, 2013, 03:18 AM
At least it's not Nexon.

Nexon has actually been really prompt about their updates lately. Sega is arguably doing worse than them right now, though I have no idea how good Sega's user support is...

Since most of us live outside of Japan I doubt we get any sort of user support.

blace
Jul 24, 2013, 03:18 AM
Which is surprising considering the amount of hate they get for anything.

Doesn't stop us from trying.

~Aya~
Jul 24, 2013, 03:19 AM
my internal PSO2 update finish clock has awaken me~

now I can't go back to sleep... fml............................................... .................!!!!

Zenobia
Jul 24, 2013, 03:25 AM
I'm going to bet on extended emergency maintenance every other week.

I can dig this MOAR SEGAC MOAR compensations~!

Kondibon
Jul 24, 2013, 03:27 AM
I meant in general, not for us specifically.

Which is surprising considering the amount of hate they get for anything.
Nexon has piss poor customer support, and really did used to be bad when it comes to managing their games, so it kinda shines a bad light on anything they do regardless of how minor.

Tetsuo9999
Jul 24, 2013, 03:32 AM
Yeah, I got hacked on DFO and it took them over a year to respond to my ticket. I didn't even get my equipment restored; they just gave me a flat compensation of 100,000 NX, which wasn't anywhere near what I had spent on the game at that point. Since they left DFO to rot for months and closed it afterwards, I never want to deal with them again. I wonder how Sega handles stuff like that, especially since they seem to take the game's condition seriously by banning bots and whatnot.

UnLucky
Jul 24, 2013, 03:37 AM
I can understand that kind of stuff but like I said, 4 hours is a long time, they might as well just add 4 hours to all their maintenances like Nexon did so it'll feel like it ends early instead of having everyone waiting until that moment when the servers are back up and disappointing them.

EDIT: For the record I'm not blaming sega for how long the maintinence is. I'd just prefer a longer maintinence time estimate with a chance for them to finish "early" than extensions on a normal length maintinence. It feels bad to be waiting for something then find out near the end you have to wait more. It feels GOOD to wait for something and then have it come early.

Well if you always expect it to end early, that means for the entire time during the "extended" part, you're actively waiting for the servers to come up (on forums, refreshing a server ping, launched the game already, etc).

If you show up right at the designated time when the server is scheduled to come back up, but you find out the game has already been up for three hours... is that a good feeling? Depends on the person, of course, since you can either consider it a good thing that you can play when you decided to, but you could also regret not paying enough attention to when it "really" came up. Like "damnit, I could have been playing already!"

Though that also happens with the "unexpected" extensions. You either go "Oh, it's not up yet? Ok, I'll check back in a couple hours" or "DAMNIT I WANT TO PLAY NOW"

FacelessRed
Jul 24, 2013, 03:40 AM
All I know is, I decided to read manga, and now the website randomly crashed... FINE ! screw you then computer stuff I'll clean my bloody room (grumbles) I hate being an adult.

Gardios
Jul 24, 2013, 03:46 AM
They could always do it like Riot: just give no ETA but report current status, it's done when it's done.

That's probably it. Like that Sakura Endo bug that allows you to fly.

jooozek
Jul 24, 2013, 03:48 AM
That's probably it. Like that Sakura Endo bug that allows you to fly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF_D8Am55cQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF_D8Am55cQ

SEGAC

Not Crazed
Jul 24, 2013, 03:48 AM
How much longer till the maintenance finishes guys?

jooozek
Jul 24, 2013, 03:49 AM
3h12m

Not Crazed
Jul 24, 2013, 03:51 AM
From now?

Sylphia
Jul 24, 2013, 03:59 AM
3:02 , no wait, 3hrs 1 min, from now.

Hakudoshi23
Jul 24, 2013, 04:11 AM
I had thought about how long it would be for the servers to be down, which turned out to be between 11am-9pm(jst) (10pm-8am est)... That is 10 whole hours! Guess these things happen though, and hopefully within time, they will actually have a release date that does not get pushed back this time over on this side of the world.

UnLucky
Jul 24, 2013, 04:19 AM
9pm JST
5am PST
8am EST

Shambertin
Jul 24, 2013, 04:20 AM
isn't it 2 hours or am i wrong i googled timezones and 21:00 jst is 12 am my time which makes it less than 2 hours.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.co.uk/to/jst/

side note~ [i think this website forgot time went forward an hour]

Tyruka
Jul 24, 2013, 04:48 AM
Ew 5am?

-- in PST

Husq
Jul 24, 2013, 04:57 AM
isn't it 2 hours or am i wrong i googled timezones and 21:00 jst is 12 am my time which makes it less than 2 hours.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.co.uk/to/jst/

side note~ [i think this website forgot time went forward an hour]

No, GMT and BST are two different things

Squall179
Jul 24, 2013, 04:58 AM
LET THE COUNTDOWN COMMENCE.

1H3M Until Server explodes into flames

Narrillnezzurh
Jul 24, 2013, 05:00 AM
I think you're off by an hour there.

Noc Codez
Jul 24, 2013, 05:01 AM
8am est.. jesus 2 hrs more ? urgh..

Squall179
Jul 24, 2013, 05:02 AM
Nope!

Because the maint will be extended by three more weeks when the server complex explodes into plastic scrap and flames because of the Decepticon/Darker alliance.

*he has gone insane quietly off to one side, waiting, but now the Squirrel King is in Active Insanity mode*

EvilMag
Jul 24, 2013, 05:05 AM
Server comes up and a server announcement comes and says that Sakai has been kidnapped by the darkers, we must take the server down!

Squall179
Jul 24, 2013, 05:07 AM
PROBABLY!

THat or a Phantasy STar 4 era Dark Falz is latched onto the server cluster and they are fighting with it.

THats what is REALLY going on to take this long.

Bossfight.

blace
Jul 24, 2013, 05:09 AM
Nah man, they're getting ready to roll around in cash because of all that swimwear.

Squall179
Jul 24, 2013, 05:10 AM
In Real world Replicas of those speedos.

EvilMag
Jul 24, 2013, 05:10 AM
Nah man, they're getting ready to roll around in cash because of all that swimwear.

Can someone make a gif of scrooge mc'duck jumping in his gold but put in Sakai's face on him?

AcidBurnShell
Jul 24, 2013, 05:13 AM
Hey if you ever played WOW tues was all day down servers.

Gardios
Jul 24, 2013, 05:13 AM
If the majority of the players of my game bought costumes that are just a couple of strings, I'd roll around in the cash too.

blace
Jul 24, 2013, 05:18 AM
Can someone make a gif of scrooge mc'duck jumping in his gold but put in Sakai's face on him?
This work?
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee149/13lace/SakaiMcDuck_zps5b6c2e76.png

supersonix9
Jul 24, 2013, 05:22 AM
oh my lord

Kayarine
Jul 24, 2013, 05:27 AM
Server is up now.