PDA

View Full Version : about the new PBs

FerrickX
Jul 24, 2013, 05:00 PM
What do you guys think about it? I've just accumulated 8 Excubes and i'm wondering on whether i should trade it in for one of the new PBs or not

also what would happen if i change the Strike type PB to a Ranged type PB on a strike MAG ? Will the overall damage drop ?

Emp
Jul 24, 2013, 07:20 PM
Changing from strike to ranged to illios would not help. You would prolly dish less dmg as well. Ranged illios is best for gun users cause any normal attacks tells illios to attack whatever you attack from afar by sending a gigantic shockwave towards mobs(hits multiple targets, bad on bosses). Its best to stick to type of pb that your mag was raised for.

Definitely buy satk illios. Its alot better than default pbs unless u use techs. Fo and te stick to original pb cause they need pp regen.

FerrickX
Jul 24, 2013, 07:26 PM
ahhh that was close ^^", thanks for the info =P, so i guess i'll just get the S-atk Illios rather than the ranged one

yunamon
Jul 24, 2013, 08:32 PM
I'm using Illios Imega myself pretty useful since I normally rapid firing my standard attacks anyways.

strikerhunter
Jul 24, 2013, 08:51 PM
I'm using the range one, which I find most reliable since I run GuHu. Have to say, but I like the damage they dish out, overall damage is better since attacks are more accurate compared to the non-targeting PBs.

suzaku0zero0
Jul 25, 2013, 03:04 AM
Doesnt the type of PB also get stronger by ur own stats?
E.g. A range PB does more attack if ur a gu or ra cuz u got more r atk?

So wouldn't it be a waste if ur a HU or FI and u use a range ilios? U can do more damage with a s stk ilios?

mandraxx
Jul 25, 2013, 11:42 AM
I just bought the new PB blast, Ilios Proi, the striking mag. I have a striking mag raised, 101 s-atk, 50 dex, and some other stats scattered (I raised it not knowing what I was doing, but it turned out OK).

This may seem like a dumb question, but: how the hell does this PB work? Everytime I use it, the damn character appears, sits there with his sword and does NOTHING. I don't get it. If I attack, it seems it will sometimes attack, but rarely.

What's going on? Don't tell me I wasted 8 excubes.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 25, 2013, 11:44 AM
From first hand experience, strike and ranged ilios are amazing. Tech one looks like all sorts of bad because of that long animation eating the life cycle for single target damage.

I just bought the new PB blast, Ilios Proi, the striking mag. I have a striking mag raised, 101 s-atk, 50 dex, and some other stats scattered (I raised it not knowing what I was doing, but it turned out OK).

This may seem like a dumb question, but: how the hell does this PB work? Everytime I use it, the damn character appears, sits there with his sword and does NOTHING. I don't get it. If I attack, it seems it will sometimes attack, but rarely.

It works more than fine for me. As FI/HU it was kicking asses with 7k a swing on weakpoints constantly. Just go up to things and attack. It should follow your lead.

Doesnt the type of PB also get stronger by ur own stats?
E.g. A range PB does more attack if ur a gu or ra cuz u got more r atk?

So wouldn't it be a waste if ur a HU or FI and u use a range ilios? U can do more damage with a s stk ilios?

Yes. The only argument you can make in favor of using the ranged ilios as FI/HU is because of its reach. Thing is, you need to hit something in order for ilios to attack at all, which kinda kills the point since unless you're using a gunslash all the time, ilios and the summoner should be in melee range as FI/HU anyway.

Also, the swings from ilios proi seem to be able to hit multiple targets close enough together. Not as generous as the ranged version, but the splash damage is there from the looks of it.

Kitoshi
Jul 25, 2013, 11:49 AM

Try, ya know, attacking.

If you don't attack neither will your new shiny PB.
If you attack, so will the new shiny PB.

I use it on a 49/60 braver/hunter at the moment, does some pretty damn good damage alright.

mandraxx
Jul 25, 2013, 11:49 AM
Never mind, answered my own question:

PB anima only attacks when you attack.

I haven't tried using daggers from the fighters, but I imagine that the damage would be extraodinary. It seems, the more you strike, the more the anima strikes.