PDA

View Full Version : Questions About How Weak Bullet Functions

Evangelion X.XX
Jul 25, 2013, 02:13 AM
I don't know if these questions warrant a "New Thread" or not, but feel that other novice rangers may be wondering about the same thing.

I've been playing PSO2 about 10 months now but have never bothered trying the class Ranger until now; primarily I just main Hunter, sometimes Fighter, and now leveling up Braver from time to time.

I have several questions regarding how "Weak Bullet" works as I would like to provide optimal support to my teammates and players in MPA's in general.

My questions are as follows (I will use Quartz Dragon as an example):

1) If I apply Weak Bullet on Quartz with Rifle and then change my weapon to some other weapon, let's just say a Multi-Class Sword, does the effect of Weak Bullet still work?

2) If I apply my first Weak Bullet on Quartz's nose and then a moment later apply a second Weak Bullet to Quartz's tail, will both areas become weakened? Or will only the second area be weakened and the first area return to normal damage?

3) Does the effect of Weak Bullet stack (even more damage) if I apply more shots to the same area (I really doubt it though, since this skill would seriously become OP)?

4) Does the effect of Weak Bullet last forever until the target is dead or do I have to reapply it every so often (like 90 seconds, or whatever)?

Thanks for taking the time to read my questions, forum.

Esofor
Jul 25, 2013, 02:19 AM
1 yes

2 the last weak bullet applied is the only one to be in effect. one wb at a time

3 no

4 weak bullet lasts a certain amount of seconds i think maybe 20 or 30

weak bullets lasts for an amount of time, sometimes it goes away upon flinching (vol's face) or when you break the body part that you applied wb to

Kondibon
Jul 25, 2013, 02:21 AM
1) If I apply Weak Bullet on Quartz with Rifle and then change my weapon to some other weapon, let's just say a Multi-Class Sword, does the effect of Weak Bullet still work?Yes, but any bullets you had left will go away.

2) If I apply my first Weak Bullet on Quartz's nose and then a moment later apply a second Weak Bullet to Quartz's tail, will both areas become weakened? Or will only the second area be weakened and the first area return to normal damage? Only the second will be active.

3) Does the effect of Weak Bullet stack (even more damage) if I apply more shots to the same area (I really doubt it though, since this skill would seriously become OP)?No, I believe it either overwrites it or has no effect at all, I'm not sure.

4) Does the effect of Weak Bullet last forever until the target is dead or do I have to reapply it every so often (like 90 seconds, or whatever)?It only lasts like 20-30 seconds per bullet, I forget.

strikerhunter
Jul 25, 2013, 02:21 AM
1. Yes. However the ammunition stored of the other WBs will be lost.
2. No. Only 1 WB per target, new WBs will replace over the old ones Nor does it returns to the other one's location.
3.No, that'll be 81x damage. 3x3=9x3=27x3=81
4. No. It is a skill. When you trigger WB you load in a bullet. Amount of WB you depends on how many SP invested, max is 4. Each WB lasts for 15 seconds. A skilled RA waits for the current WB to warn off before applying again. At max investment WB's CD is 90 sec, if you patiently use all 4 every 15 sec then you only really have to wait 30sec before the next round of WB.

Evangelion X.XX
Jul 25, 2013, 04:42 AM
Thanks for all of your replies.

I have one final question which slipped my mind:

If a MPA, let's say the quest "Border Break," have more than one Ranger and all are actively using Weak Bullet on various parts of a boss, say Quartz Dragon (nose, wings, tail), wouldn't each of the Rangers overwrite the other's Weak Bullet's effect on different areas of Quartz, and therefore cause some sort of confusion as other players will not know where the Weak Point is? (Assuming that the other players want to target the Weak Point)?

Basically, I suppose Rangers can void other Rangers Weak Bullets, which can be a cause for annoyance and confusion?

I suppose this question is similar to question (2) which I posed earlier.

Thanks.

blace
Jul 25, 2013, 04:50 AM
One rangers WB will cancel anothers WB if it's the same target. Usually it's best to keep your other bullets in reserver in the case that someone elses has worn off.

Chdata
Jul 25, 2013, 07:49 AM
Weak bullet lasts 15 seconds.

Only one weak bullet can be on an enemy at a time no matter where it's placed. A new weak bullet shot by ANYONE will get rid of the old one. If you yourself shoot another bullet into the same spot, all that happens is that the 15 seconds restarted.

You can have up to like 3-5 weak bullets, and place separate bullets on separate enemies. Putting them on the same enemy is pointless. If you place a weak bullet, and switch weapons, because the target is still on the enemy regardless, your other weapons will work.

I believe you can also shoot one of your weak bullets, and switch weapons to something other than rifle, and still have your other weak bullets loaded while you attack with another weapon. Then you can switch back to place the next weak bullet.

Before a boss teleporter, you can load weak bullets and they won't disappear even if you go through the teleporter, so you can load them prior and enter the arena with your weak bullet button almost done recharging for another load of shots.

strikerhunter
Jul 25, 2013, 09:15 AM
Thanks for all of your replies.

I have one final question which slipped my mind:

If a MPA, let's say the quest "Border Break," have more than one Ranger and all are actively using Weak Bullet on various parts of a boss, say Quartz Dragon (nose, wings, tail), wouldn't each of the Rangers overwrite the other's Weak Bullet's effect on different areas of Quartz, and therefore cause some sort of confusion as other players will not know where the Weak Point is? (Assuming that the other players want to target the Weak Point)?

Basically, I suppose Rangers can void other Rangers Weak Bullets, which can be a cause for annoyance and confusion?

I suppose this question is similar to question (2) which I posed earlier.

Thanks.

Yes, the newer one will cancel out the older one. Normally, a well aware RA will notice that there is another WBer so will decide either 1.)Wait to see if other WBers will WB, 2.)Let the other RAs WB then, or 3.) (if planed) cooperatively use WB together.

Normally No.2 happens.

Cadfael
Jul 25, 2013, 09:42 AM
4 weak bullet lasts a certain amount of seconds i think maybe 20 or 30

Weak bullet will also be removed if it's on a breakable body part (Ragne legs, any of the dragons' horns and tails, etc.) and that part is broken.

Yamishi
Jul 25, 2013, 05:24 PM
I believe you can also shoot one of your weak bullets, and switch weapons to something other than rifle, and still have your other weak bullets loaded while you attack with another weapon. Then you can switch back to place the next weak bullet.

Unfortunately, this is false. When you switch weapons, you lose all of your loaded Weak Bullets, but still have to wait for the cooldown before you can load more.

UnLucky
Jul 25, 2013, 08:11 PM
You can have up to like 3-5 weak bullets, and place separate bullets on separate enemies. Putting them on the same enemy is pointless. If you place a weak bullet, and switch weapons, because the target is still on the enemy regardless, your other weapons will work.
You can only have up to 4. If you use the skill again, whether you have WBs in your gun or not, you will only get up to the max your skill allows. Lv1 WB will always give you only one WB maximum. Using lv10 WB when you're carrying 4 already will just mean you still have 4 and wasted your skill.

You can apply all your WB to separate targets to have them all take 3x damage, but they'll all disappear in 15s so it's hard to take full advantage of. Might as well do that if you're going to switch weapons, though, since you lose all WBs in reserve.

Valimer
Jul 25, 2013, 09:07 PM
Someone during falz arms was mad at me because I was missing 3 of my 4 weak bullets( I only have 2) and I was confused... why would anyone have more than 3 ranks in weak bullet? Am I missing something or is that one person an idiot?

UnLucky
Jul 25, 2013, 09:22 PM
You should only have less than maxed out WB if you're too low level to afford it yet.

More WBs means more targets taking triple damage, or the same boss taking triple damage for longer. Or you get more leeway for missed shots, since you can correct yourself (or others).

Lower cooldown means more targets can take triple damage, or the same boss can take triple damage all over again.

There is absolutely nothing else you could better spend those skill points on that can possibly augment your and your party's damage nearly as much as more WBs.

Yden
Jul 25, 2013, 09:23 PM
Someone during falz arms was mad at me because I was missing 3 of my 4 weak bullets( I only have 2) and I was confused... why would anyone have more than 3 ranks in weak bullet? Am I missing something or is that one person an idiot?

For more bullets and lower cooldown. There are many bosses with multiple breakable parts so with more bullets, you can break more of them in one use of the skill.

Gardios
Jul 25, 2013, 09:28 PM
And just for the record, that dude was an idiot regardless.

xxmadplayerxx
Jul 26, 2013, 01:13 AM
Even when you do miss the WB that guy should of been grateful to see Weakbullet at all, and most of the time rangers miss its because of weird latency issues. for example .. you have the target lined up, you shoot WB but for lantency reasons, the hand disappears and ends up somewhere else.. there for you miss and hit a finger instead

Chik'Tikka
Jul 26, 2013, 01:23 AM
For more bullets and lower cooldown. There are many bosses with multiple breakable parts so with more bullets, you can break more of them in one use of the skill.

exactly, many will say 3 WBs is adequate, but the RA with 4 WBs that actively uses them as much as possible will always get the invite back to play again+^_^+ i find having 4 is great, by the time the 4th one is shot and worn off they are often cooled down and ready for the next 4+^_^+

Yilette
Jul 26, 2013, 05:29 AM
I've been reluctant to wait the full 15 seconds between shots because early tests seemed to show that the loaded bullets would disappear after a short amount of time. But from what I'm reading here that seems to not be true?

Are there any easy ways of boosting your PP regen, and does the PPsave skill at the bottom of the right side skill tree work with WB? I believe it decreases pp costs by 20% at max and I was wondering if a PA spam build would work well with WB.

Alenoir
Jul 26, 2013, 05:38 AM
Loaded bullets will not disappear as long as you don't change to another weapon. They stay even after the cool down's done.

You can sub TE for faster PP regen while you're standing there doing nothing. (It pauses when you're doing any kind of PA animation.) The PP Save skill will work with WB, but you pretty much need to sacrifice 2 skills from the left side of the tree if you want those.

Sandmind
Jul 26, 2013, 12:38 PM
There are rangers who used their excube to get the force's default photon blast for the massive PP regen.

jooozek
Jul 26, 2013, 12:42 PM
if you were to raise a new mag you could use 16 T-ATK to raise a force mag on start and get pp recovery j

UnLucky
Jul 26, 2013, 12:55 PM
I made a 10 R-Atk/9 Dex/11 T-Def mag to get PPJ at lv30. You could also get 14 R-Atk/16 T-Def, or 14/1/15 to do the same.

Valimer
Jul 27, 2013, 01:55 AM
You should only have less than maxed out WB if you're too low level to afford it yet.

More WBs means more targets taking triple damage, or the same boss taking triple damage for longer. Or you get more leeway for missed shots, since you can correct yourself (or others).

Lower cooldown means more targets can take triple damage, or the same boss can take triple damage all over again.

There is absolutely nothing else you could better spend those skill points on that can possibly augment your and your party's damage nearly as much as more WBs.

OK, I was under the impression that there could only be one weak bullet at a time, so i thought having more than 2 would be a waste. But if the cool down rate is that significant at max rank, then it could be useful for dark falz.

Valimer
Jul 27, 2013, 02:01 AM
exactly, many will say 3 WBs is adequate, but the RA with 4 WBs that actively uses them as much as possible will always get the invite back to play again+^_^+ i find having 4 is great, by the time the 4th one is shot and worn off they are often cooled down and ready for the next 4+^_^+

Maybe I missed the explanation already, but from what your saying it sounds like each weak bullet shot is available slightly longer than the last, so for example Shot 1 is available for 10 seonds, Shot 2 is available for 15 seconds, etc.

Am I going somewhere with this or am I making things up in my head?

Chik'Tikka
Jul 27, 2013, 02:06 AM
Maybe I missed the explanation already, but from what your saying it sounds like each weak bullet shot is available slightly longer than the last, so for example Shot 1 is available for 10 seonds, Shot 2 is available for 15 seconds, etc.

Am I going somewhere with this or am I making things up in my head?

no, each lasts the same, but as they wear off you can apply another, by the time you finally apply your fourth you should be within 20 seconds of cool-down finishing, this means that when WB number 4 wears off you can just use the skill again and have the next 4 ready+^_^+

Syklo
Jul 27, 2013, 03:09 AM
Since valimer didn't get it the first couple of times, here's a concise explanation:

More bullets = more applications; can be reapplied to the same target after the previous WB has expired (or not, but that's killing a WB prematurely (ONE WB AT A TIME PER ENEMY)).

In doing so, the net cooldown is much shorter.

Valimer
Jul 27, 2013, 05:05 AM
Since valimer didn't get it the first couple of times, here's a concise explanation:

More bullets = more applications; can be reapplied to the same target after the previous WB has expired (or not, but that's killing a WB prematurely (ONE WB AT A TIME PER ENEMY)).

In doing so, the net cooldown is much shorter.

Thanks for the great explanation. Sorry, I have downs syndrome and have a hard time understanding things perfectly the first time.

I guess I was confused because it seemed like by the time my weak bullet wore off, I couldn't place my second one. I guess what your saying is if it breaks when an enemy is stunned or if a part breaks then I can quickly switch weapons and place another one.

Syklo
Jul 27, 2013, 05:41 AM
Thanks for the great explanation. Sorry, I have downs syndrome and have a hard time understanding things perfectly the first time.

I guess I was confused because it seemed like by the time my weak bullet wore off, I couldn't place my second one. I guess what your saying is if it breaks when an enemy is stunned or if a part breaks then I can quickly switch weapons and place another one.
What happens with higher level WB is you get more bullets stockpiled.
Let's say you load 3 weak bullets and use one. If you switch weapons here, those "stored" bullets are lost, which would explain why you couldn't utilise the others.

In short, if you want to make the most of the weak bullets you have, don't switch weapons until they're all used.