PDA

View Full Version : Do you think PSO2 could be coming over to next gen consoles?

HUcast_Josh
Jul 26, 2013, 05:49 PM
I mean, its already on the vita, so why not bring it over to Xbone and PS4? It could work, and it might attract more people to play the game. Also, and this is just speculation, this may be the reason why its postponed. Maybe they are working on console versions? :-?

jooozek
Jul 26, 2013, 05:56 PM
technical possibilites exist but all the signs are that no

Shirai
Jul 26, 2013, 06:02 PM
No.
But if it were to, it'd be best to go to PS4. Since at this rate, it's japan/SEA only.

RedRaz0r
Jul 26, 2013, 06:04 PM
Not happening. 0% chance.

Chou-Chou
Jul 26, 2013, 06:06 PM
Raptr post:
http://raptr.com/Arynos/news/51d0d954a384dfc7e9/recent-news-on-us-release-prospects-
X1 (Xbox One, its not even being sold in EU) would be out of the question as that is a NA only system its not made in Japan, PS4 would be more likely although I would prefer PS3.

Evangelion X.XX
Jul 26, 2013, 06:51 PM
Unless it's a really popular title that is well known even to the average Joe/Jane, then I highly doubt that they'll ever bring it to the consoles. I think consoles generally have "popular" games that appeal to a wide audience.

But then, even if they did bring PSO2 to the consoles, I'd still prefer the PC version since this game is made for it; I think it would be easier to patch too.

PC gaming is all around better than consoles, IMO, since you have more options to customize whatever you want... plus I'll never get used to playing this game on a controller, it just feels too cumbersome with the setup; but then if it worked for the vita then.... I guess who knows, it might work for the consoles too (if they ever bring it over).

Chou-Chou
Jul 26, 2013, 07:01 PM
Unless it's a really popular title that is well known even to the average Joe/Jane, then I highly doubt that they'll ever bring it to the consoles. I think consoles generally have "popular" games that appeal to a wide audience.

But then, even if they did bring PSO2 to the consoles, I'd still prefer the PC version since this game is made for it; I think it would be easier to patch too.

PC gaming is all around better than consoles, IMO, since you have more options to customize whatever you want... plus I'll never get used to playing this game on a controller, it just feels too cumbersome with the setup; but then if it worked for the vita then.... I guess who knows, it might work for the consoles too (if they ever bring it over).

I'm currently playing it with a PS2 controller (Dual PS1/PS2 to USB Adapter) and can never get used to the keyboard & mouse, the menus are so much easier to navigate through via PS2 pad and faster then using keyboard & mouse combo but "To each their own" as the saying gos. PSO2 does have great game pad support built into it.

Zyrusticae
Jul 26, 2013, 08:39 PM
I'd welcome a PS4 version if it meant the PC version got some graphical enhancements alongside it.

I can see it happening, but PSO2 itself is so far from a next-gen level game that I really don't see it happening unless SEGA makes a major investment into it. Maybe for Episode 3?

As for Xbox One, Microsoft's policies are so ass-backward that nobody will consider putting anything on there that uses cross-platform play. If they did put it on there it'd be segregated with its own servers (no PC-Vita-X1 servers) and the patches would always be behind the other versions. Blehhh!

Zenobia
Jul 26, 2013, 08:41 PM
I'd welcome a PS4 version if it meant the PC version got some graphical enhancements alongside it.

I can see it happening, but PSO2 itself is so far from a next-gen level game that I really don't see it happening unless SEGA makes a major investment into it. Maybe for Episode 3?

As for Xbox One, Microsoft's policies are so ass-backward that nobody will consider putting anything on there that uses cross-platform play. If they did put it on there it'd be segregated with its own servers (no PC-Vita-X1 servers) and the patches would always be behind the other versions. Blehhh!

^LOL this xbox1 is slipping so bad right now.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 26, 2013, 08:43 PM
I ought to bitch slap whoever voted yes

The Walrus
Jul 26, 2013, 08:46 PM
I bet it was the TC.

Emp
Jul 26, 2013, 08:47 PM
If it does, it will never be in english lol

~Aya~
Jul 26, 2013, 08:48 PM
They can barely manage to not screw up their game for PC/Vita as is... going to a console would be disasterous

Totori
Jul 26, 2013, 08:52 PM
If they went back to console's then the issues, they talked about with PSU might reappear. If they are considering a console, it's gonna be something PS related, either PS3 or PS4, I dunno.

Microsoft, isn't putting an Xbox One, overseas for a while, is what I heard. So I know they aren't even considering that to be an option for this game.

Zenobia
Jul 26, 2013, 08:57 PM
So if I vote yes will it separate me from all you loser 8D?

strikerhunter
Jul 26, 2013, 08:57 PM
I doubt it'll ever make it to the Xbone, JP weren't a big fan of the Xbox when PSU came out on it so doubt that Xbone will have any luck.

There is a slight shot for PS4 PSO2 since it came out on vita already, then again vita isn't a next-gen so it could not come to the PS4. I say it has little over 50% chance to be on PS4 by Episode 3 if not by the time of western release (whenever that'll be)
If it does comes out for the PS4 the main difference other than methods of patching probably be graphics. For those that uses ambient light on their computers, they'll lose that clay like looks.
Reasons:
1. Free online duh.
2. PS4 release is schedule for winter of 2013 and currently SoA said western PSO2 sometimes in 2013.<-------long shot and doubt it.
3. Game already uses controllers =X<------Who the hell makes a game on a computer supported by controllers from consoles when it doesn't even comes out for that console?

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 26, 2013, 09:01 PM
So if I vote yes will it separate me from all you loser 8D?
I will have to give you a spanking.

But that will only drive you to say yes wouldn't it?

CloudChaser
Jul 26, 2013, 09:03 PM

Lolz

anyways Xbox is an absolute zero SoA said that PSU was a "unique version of the series"

Metalsnake27
Jul 26, 2013, 09:04 PM
I say MAYBE for PS4.

For Xbox One... probably not.

Noc Codez
Jul 26, 2013, 09:13 PM
It's not going to happen plain and simple.. PC/PS Vita only...

gigawuts
Jul 26, 2013, 09:16 PM
I ought to bitch slap whoever voted yes

Come get me.

Masakan
Jul 26, 2013, 09:18 PM
I don't care how it comes here, as long as it comes here.

Emp
Jul 26, 2013, 09:23 PM

It wont come. Give up.

Noc Codez
Jul 26, 2013, 09:27 PM

90% sure it's canceled.. And if it's not then SOA is waiting for the south east asia release where it will have english in it.. then expect a shit port over to the US/EU.. Also US/EU is gonna be a year behind in content seems it's become common practice with SOA at this point.

blace
Jul 26, 2013, 09:30 PM
It wont come. Give up.

Your posts are starting to look like your pro Infinity PSPo2 movement. Except the game is free this time.

I said no, but I would like to point that Sony has, recent years, made it easier on third party developers to release and push out contents and updates at their own pace without needing to shell out additional fees.

That's where M$ had gone wrong and if I recall the 360 version of PSU was canned in favor of PC PSU in Japan.

Yden
Jul 26, 2013, 09:32 PM
90% sure it's canceled.. And if it's not then SOA is waiting for the south east asia release where it will have english in it.. then expect a shit port over to the US/EU.. Also US/EU is gonna be a year behind in content seems it's become common practice with SOA at this point.

Content being behind is pretty much the norm for most localized MMOs.

Zenobia
Jul 26, 2013, 09:38 PM

Yes for justice it is~!

Laga
Jul 26, 2013, 09:42 PM
I hope the hell not. these next gen consoles are completely disappointing me constantly, started with the Vita, 3DS (not so much), xb1 thanks to that crappy ass I cant have my games scare and I can't play it when I get deployed to Afghanistan or Africa so that's a hell no since I need internet at least once every 24 hours and PS4? whatever.

AlaskanKactus
Jul 26, 2013, 09:52 PM
I hope the hell not. these next gen consoles are completely disappointing me constantly, started with the Vita, 3DS (not so much), xb1 thanks to that crappy ass I cant have my games scare and I can't play it when I get deployed to Afghanistan or Africa so that's a hell no since I need internet at least once every 24 hours and PS4? whatever.

They got rid of the whole "log in every 24 hours" thing. Now you just have to log in once with an internet connection and you're set for offline life. Log in the day you buy it and you never have to worry again about constant internet connection.

Just letting you know lol
I don't really like the new consoles either.

Zenobia
Jul 26, 2013, 09:54 PM
Did they ever fix that are mobs shit cause I swear I don't see any if at all in Coast area like srsly.

AlaskanKactus
Jul 26, 2013, 09:55 PM
I highly doubt we'll see PSO2 on any next-gen consoles but IF we do than it will most likely be a PS4 exclusive. You know, since the game crosses over with the Vita.

If SoA is planning a console release then that would explain the delay. However, I would assume they would at least try to hype it up. Next-gen consoles are getting close.

Alisha
Jul 26, 2013, 09:59 PM
it could be amazing on ps4 if you could use vita as a touchscreen controller.

Laga
Jul 26, 2013, 10:13 PM
They got rid of the whole "log in every 24 hours" thing. Now you just have to log in once with an internet connection and you're set for offline life. Log in the day you buy it and you never have to worry again about constant internet connection.

Just letting you know lol
I don't really like the new consoles either.

ah... well, guess they saw that theirs about 1 million people, or less, that wouldn't buy the system for that very reason