PDA

View Full Version : (CODE) Emergency Maint

Noc Codez
Jul 26, 2013, 08:03 PM
thanks to bumped

PSO2 JP: Special Maintenance: 7/27/2013
This week’s special maintenance plans to fix an issue where the support partner’s data gets overwritten. This seems to occur when two or more support partners use the same partner console. Please refrain from placing two or more support partners on a partner console until the bug is corrected.
Players will receive a triboost+100% as compensation for this downtime.
Maintenance Schedule
July 27th @ 10:00 ~ 15:00 JST
July 26th @ 9:00 PM ~ 2:00 AM EDT (Auto Converted)
Maintenance Contents
To fix a bug that overwrites the support partner’s data.
Compensation Details
Full details after maintenance

So before we get 100 new threads on why people can't connect pls read first.

Chou-Chou
Jul 26, 2013, 08:05 PM
thanks to bumped

PSO2 JP: Special Maintenance: 7/27/2013
This week’s special maintenance plans to fix an issue where the support partner’s data gets overwritten. This seems to occur when two or more support partners use the same partner console. Please refrain from placing two or more support partners on a partner console until the bug is corrected.
Players will receive a triboost+100% as compensation for this downtime.
Maintenance Schedule
July 27th @ 10:00 ~ 15:00 JST
July 26th @ 9:00 PM ~ 2:00 AM EDT (Auto Converted)
Maintenance Contents
To fix a bug that overwrites the support partner’s data.
Compensation Details
Full details after maintenance

So before we get 100 new threads on why people can't connect please read first.

AIDA already posted a thread on the subject.

Noc Codez
Jul 26, 2013, 08:06 PM
Did he I didn't see it D:

Kuronee
Jul 26, 2013, 08:06 PM
This sucks. I was in the middle of Border break then I got disconnected. I wasn't aware of this maintenance :////

Noc Codez
Jul 26, 2013, 08:07 PM
Yea seen Aida post and it talks about the bug not the Maint.

yea it sucks but hey we get compensation thats always win in my book lol

Laga
Jul 26, 2013, 08:09 PM
you didn't notice the flashing yellow headliner at the top of the screen? that seems to happen to me a lot when I get too into it

Chou-Chou
Jul 26, 2013, 08:09 PM
Did she* I didn't see it D:

Fixed*

Its on the first page:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210900

~Aya~
Jul 26, 2013, 08:12 PM
a 30 minute 100% boost is never worth it as that's not very long and you may as well count this literally as a 0.001% boost to drop rates. The game doesn't reward effort nor do they intend on changing that. (I still love the game anyways.... oh god....) My best rare after 1k+ hours also happens to be a Ruin Charm. <3<3<3

MetalDude
Jul 26, 2013, 08:15 PM
Well, I guess I'm not too bothered since grinding was being a fucking bitch (a surprise to nobody).

ReaperTheAbsol
Jul 26, 2013, 08:18 PM
At least this makes up for one of the 100% Triboosts I've used lately, but a thirty minute boost is hardly compensation for five hours of lost gameplay. Oh well. Free item. Yippee.

vantwan123
Jul 26, 2013, 08:26 PM
a 30 minute 100% boost is never worth it as that's not very long and you may as well count this literally as a 0.001% boost to drop rates. The game doesn't reward effort nor do they intend on changing that. (I still love the game anyways.... oh god....) My best rare after 1k+ hours also happens to be a Ruin Charm. <3<3<3

I know that feel. I had a 20ish minute 12 man exit burst on coast mpa a few days ago where I used a 100% triboost and got 0 rare drops. Not even one of the shitty 8* drops that for some reason they added to the loot table.

A 100% boost to nothing is still nothing.

~Aya~
Jul 26, 2013, 08:34 PM
I know that feel. I had a 20ish minute 12 man exit burst on coast mpa a few days ago where I used a 100% triboost and got 0 rare drops. Not even one of the shitty 8* drops that for some reason they added to the loot table.

A 100% boost to nothing is still nothing.

exactly.. reminds me of my 405% AQ ruins run with not even so much as a red weapon~ With multiple PSE bursts/Cross bursts~

MetalDude
Jul 26, 2013, 08:37 PM
I use all my boosters for Falz now as GU since I don't care for anything other than GM (pipe dream, yeah) and the rates for everything else are bad enough that bursts will simply never drop them. You really can't depend on rares in this game at all.

~Aya~
Jul 26, 2013, 08:43 PM
I use all my boosters for Falz now as GU since I don't care for anything other than GM (pipe dream, yeah) and the rates for everything else are bad enough that bursts will simply never drop them. You really can't depend on rares in this game at all.

That is the sad truth~ What made PSO1-BB fun was that you got rewarded for working for your rares. Want a P-wand? go kill 1-500 rare lillies and you're most likely to get one within that. They had specific quests with fixed enemy spawns that made hunting rares or rare monsters worth your time. Even if the drop rate was terrible for whatever you were hunting.

They took that and more and threw it out of the window so that now the game becomes more of a chore instead of something fun and potentially rewarding.

studjuice
Jul 26, 2013, 08:50 PM
That is the sad truth~ What made PSO1-BB fun was that you got rewarded for working for your rares. Want a P-wand? go kill 1-500 rare lillies and you're most likely to get one within that. They had specific quests with fixed enemy spawns that made hunting rares or rare monsters worth your time. Even if the drop rate was terrible for whatever you were hunting.

They took that and more and threw it out of the window so that now the game becomes more of a chore instead of something fun and potentially rewarding.

I think you are making that sound way too easy. Finding the rare versions of one specific monster was hard enough, and then you had to hope that you had the lucky chance for it to drop a rare. At least that's how it was for me on the console, BB might have seen updates.

~Aya~
Jul 26, 2013, 08:53 PM
I think you are making that sound way too easy. Finding the rare versions of one specific monster was hard enough, and then you had to hope that you had the lucky chance for it to drop a rare. At least that's how it was for me on the console, BB might have seen updates.

It was very, very easy if you knew which quests to pick and which rooms to run straight for and then when to stop and restart said quest~

I've found many P-wands on version 1&2 + BB.

What i'm saying is that PSO2 is 100% rng on spawns and spawn locations, making it even harder to farm anything aside from bosses specifically~

Totori
Jul 26, 2013, 08:59 PM
The only way it was easy to find rare spawn's like that was to use the pipe trick. And well, that wasn't good, finding rares easy isn't a good thing in the least. PSO2 uses that RNG, to keep players playing, it might take longer (much longer) to find something but, hey. It's better than finding the strongest Rod withing like a whole day of telepiping back and forth.

EvilMag
Jul 26, 2013, 09:01 PM
The only way it was easy to find rare spawn's like that was to use the pipe trick. And well, that wasn't good, finding rares easy isn't a good thing in the least. PSO2 uses that RNG, to keep players playing, it might take longer (much longer) to find something but, hey. It's better than finding the strongest Rod withing like a whole day of telepiping back and forth.

I don't know, it feels rewarding almost destroying your console just to get a rare you want. lol

Noc Codez
Jul 26, 2013, 09:04 PM
The drops rates are horrible but what are you going to do.. Let's not talk about XQs now that's a pain and the ass

@Chou-Chou

You do know Aida is a guy right ? LMFAO .. You trying to be a smart ass kinda backfired on ya huh ?

Noc Codez
Jul 26, 2013, 09:30 PM
Yea ok Aida.. spoken to you many times in XBL when we were in UPPA.

UNLESS YOUR SOME OTHER PERSON USING AIDAS ACCOUNTS ON PSO2 AND ON HERE .

Which comes to mind when I met you in that MPA you didn't even know who I was.. hmmmm questions.. questions.. questions..

Noc Codez
Jul 26, 2013, 09:34 PM
That was my brother, I barely played any of PSU. I sent you a message, I don't blame you for being confused :p

Question though - How often do they end maintenance early? I was hoping to get some TACOs in before sleeping.

Awww boo.. well tell Male Aida I said get his ass on PSO2.. miss him :-).. And you missed PSU it was fun till the reskin fiasco/no more updates lol

Also LMFAO at the mssg..

Noc Codez
Jul 26, 2013, 09:36 PM
I'll pass it on. And sounds like SEGA hasn't changed much, lol.

Nope same old Sega..

Gama
Jul 26, 2013, 09:38 PM
well at least the reskins have diferent "interesting behavior changes that helps allot"

some reskins got terribly sad on psu tho...

also, how long till said maintenance is done?

ive been off skinning SAD2 HD

so didnt play these 2 days. i needed a break anyway.

Noc Codez
Jul 26, 2013, 09:45 PM
2am est

4hrs and 15mins to go

MetalDude
Jul 26, 2013, 09:46 PM

Rare enemies are completely pointless in this game though outside of discs. The point of rare enemies in PSO1 was to offer an alternative method of hunting that provided far better guarantees (like a Sange, Froozer, or Demo Comet off a rare enemy at 1/2 rate) over just trying to hunt the worse rate normally. Outside of 12*s like Lavis and Psycho Wand (and of course they're difficult drop rates, duh), there were plenty of reliable hunts in the game. As a Skyly, Red Sword and Chain Sawd could be hunted in the same EN2 alongside maybe running into a Mil Lily that could drop Sange or a Pouilly that could drop Demo Comet. That's two realistically huntable 10*'s next to the possibility of more if you're lucky that run. PSO2 has absolutely nothing that reliable.

And you didn't have to pipe either; it wasn't even an option in BB and it was probably better off that way in regards to the easier rare enemy finds as it made you at least do something productive.

Laga
Jul 26, 2013, 09:49 PM
I can give you some TACOs from Del Taco down the street if that's what you want

Gama
Jul 26, 2013, 09:51 PM
2am est

4hrs and 15mins to go

guess im back to skinning.

geez.

Gardios
Jul 26, 2013, 10:17 PM
Why is the server down everytime I want to play at 5am. What am I supposed to do now, sleep? D:

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2013, 10:19 PM
So, SEGA is giving a 100% Tri-Booster to 'compensate' for people that probably lost 10-11* gear? Ha. Haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr6ZxH2ySm0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr6ZxH2ySm0

Noc Codez
Jul 26, 2013, 10:27 PM
LOL @ Olaf

Hey Olaf we need to play more often with each other :C

Chik'Tikka
Jul 26, 2013, 10:40 PM
*gets home from work, after phone runs out of minutes, after brake line explodes while trying to get home (dodged a close one there), tries to log in to try and forget about terribad life, gets Error 649, explodes in a fit of rage and kills a nearby tree*+^_^+ dafuq SEGAC....

Gardios
Jul 26, 2013, 10:40 PM
So, SEGA is giving a 100% Tri-Booster to 'compensate' for people that probably lost 10-11* gear? Ha. Haha.

Tri-Boost is just for the maintenance. The compensation for the issue themselves has not been revealed yet.

SEGA has been compensating for the tiniest problems every time so far, you can bet that there will be a proper compensation for this.

Zenobia
Jul 26, 2013, 10:42 PM
*gets home from work, after phone runs out of minutes, after brake line explodes while trying to get home (dodged a close one there), tries to log in to try and forget about terribad life, gets Error 649, explodes in a fit of rage and kills a nearby tree*+^_^+ dafuq SEGAC....

Why you gottah kill the tree huh what did that tree do to you you...you....MONSTER!

gigawuts
Jul 26, 2013, 10:42 PM
I'm expecting 11*'s for everyone, providing some poor shmuck actually did lose 11*'s they weren't using to this bug.

I mean shit if I had a flame visit you can be sure it'd be on my support partner. No freakin' doubts.

~Aya~
Jul 26, 2013, 10:43 PM
I expect a personal apology from Sakai-forehead-kun himself

Wolf_Asari
Jul 26, 2013, 10:45 PM
If ya havent noticed, server is up

ReaperTheAbsol
Jul 26, 2013, 10:54 PM
Currently logged in~

DoubleCannon
Jul 26, 2013, 10:57 PM
all my stuff still on partner.. phew! sent partner off for more co's lol bedtime now

Shirokami
Jul 26, 2013, 10:57 PM
Server up

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2013, 11:14 PM
Hey Olaf we need to play more often with each other :C

Well, most times I'm just in a party with Gigawuts, and we have room, so drop me a line sometime. We'll probably be looking for AQ buddies soon for leveling our BR from 50 --> 60. ;-)