PDA

View Full Version : Subclassing?

MeruAmura
Jul 27, 2013, 11:07 AM
So I am a hunter, I don't understand subclassing much so bare with dumb question. Will I still be able to Just guard and use Hunter techs with Katana's if I sub a Braver?

Yamishi
Jul 27, 2013, 11:11 AM
When you have a subclass, you get the following things from them:

20% stats
Skill tree (including stances!)
Photon Arts

You do not, however, get access to their weapons. So you'd have to find a katana that is Hunter-compatible. HOWEVER! If you make Braver your main and Hunter your subclass, you'll get Katanas, but still get access to the stances and Photon Arts from Hunter. You will, however, have to find a Braver-compatible sword/wired lance/partisan, but it's my understanding that those are easier to find/buy than an all-class katana.

jooozek
Jul 27, 2013, 11:12 AM
first thing: the just guard thing on hunter tree applies only to partisan, sword and wired lances
second thing: just guard is built in katanas so you don't need if you don't plan on just guarding on hunter weapons
third thing: you can use skills from your subclass
fourth: PAs are only available if either your main class or sub-class can use the weapons for them

Kondibon
Jul 27, 2013, 11:14 AM
So I am a hunter, I don't understand subclassing much so bare with dumb question. Will I still be able to Just guard and use Hunter techs with Katana's if I sub a Braver?

Katanas can just guard by default but it's treated differently.

If by techs you mean PAs, no, you can't use Hunter PAs with a katana, you CAN use your subclass's PAs but you need an allclass version of their weapon if you want to use them.

What you have access to from your subclass is their PAs (or techs if it's force/techer), their skills from the skill tree, and 20% of their stats up to your main class's level.

You do not, however, get access to their weapons. So you'd have to find a katana that is Hunter-compatible. HOWEVER! If you make Braver your main and Hunter your subclass, you'll get Katanas, but still get access to the stances and Photon Arts from Hunter. You will, however, have to find a Braver-compatible sword/wired lance/partisan, but it's my understanding that those are easier to find/buy than an all-class katana.Actually Roundeet (ラウンディート) is a decent low end allclass katana, and you can get an allclass bow from the arks road. for higher level stuff though, the reverse would probably be better.

MeruAmura
Jul 27, 2013, 11:19 AM
-.- Honestly the main reason I asked was because of the Sword/Shield Sheath Katanas. The look of them is why I asked the question. I love making Tank/Defensive Characters. But thanks for the info on how it would work out. Not sure I want to remake into a braver just to do this though.

Yamishi
Jul 27, 2013, 11:34 AM
-.- Honestly the main reason I asked was because of the Sword/Shield Sheath Katanas. The look of them is why I asked the question. I love making Tank/Defensive Characters. But thanks for the info on how it would work out. Not sure I want to remake into a braver just to do this though.

You can make your main class Braver without having to remake. You'd still get to keep your Hunter tree and everything!

MeruAmura
Jul 27, 2013, 11:38 AM
You can make your main class Braver without having to remake. You'd still get to keep your Hunter tree and everything!

^.^ Ok Sweet. Just change at counter or?

MetalDude
Jul 27, 2013, 11:51 AM
Yeah, you can always change your class at the class counter. The only thing you can't change (without money or a full skill tree reset pass) are Skill Points.

Emp
Jul 27, 2013, 12:57 PM
When you have a subclass, you get the following things from them:

20% stats
Skill tree (including stances!)
Photon Arts

You do not, however, get access to their weapons. So you'd have to find a katana that is Hunter-compatible. HOWEVER! If you make Braver your main and Hunter your subclass, you'll get Katanas, but still get access to the stances and Photon Arts from Hunter. You will, however, have to find a Braver-compatible sword/wired lance/partisan, but it's my understanding that those are easier to find/buy than an all-class katana.

You get access to the wep classes of your subclass if the weps are all class. If you equip an all class wep that isnt listed for ur main class or subclass, u can still equip but cant use the pas for that wep.

MeruAmura
Jul 27, 2013, 02:27 PM
Woo lvl 1 again. But i can equip better armors...tit for tat

SquashDemon
Jul 27, 2013, 03:27 PM
Also of note, I'm kinda amazed no one noted this, Hunter Stances and Braver Stances can be active at the same time.

I.E. you can have fury and average stance active at once, and reap the benefits of both, they stack!

Math!