PDA

View Full Version : Mag for a "Jack of all trades" Dewman.

ChaosAngel92
Jul 27, 2013, 10:03 PM
Hello Pso2World.
I created a Dewman and I'm planning this to be my unique character in a long time.

I don't want to focus on a specific class, I want to try every one and see what comes to better to my gameplay.
Do you have any suggestions on what to raise on a Mag to make the most possible balanced stats?

NeverDT
Jul 27, 2013, 10:06 PM
if it's in your capability, I would recommend getting 2, one pure satk and one pure ratk. use satk with katana for mob killing, ratk with bow for boss fights. in the event you decide that you want to main either katana or bow, you're set up as well

if you're not sure, I would have to say go with ratk, you can use good katanas with dex only and it'll make gunslash more powerful if you end up preferring it for mobs

EDIT: DISREGARD THE ABOVE CAUSE I CAN'T READ BUT I'LL LEAVE IT THERE TO REMIND MYSELF HOW DUMB I CAN BE

Just go pure *atk for whatever class you end up playing first. If you want you can save your 1st mag until you've decided which class you want to go for. I say this being someone who has 3 mags on one character, one largely satk, one pure ratk and one pure tatk because I don't want to level another character.

ChaosAngel92
Jul 27, 2013, 10:30 PM
if it's in your capability, I would recommend getting 2, one pure satk and one pure ratk. use satk with katana for mob killing, ratk with bow for boss fights. in the event you decide that you want to main either katana or bow, you're set up as well

if you're not sure, I would have to say go with ratk, you can use good katanas with dex only and it'll make gunslash more powerful if you end up preferring it for mobs

EDIT: DISREGARD THE ABOVE CAUSE I CAN'T READ BUT I'LL LEAVE IT THERE TO REMIND MYSELF HOW DUMB I CAN BE

Just go pure *atk for whatever class you end up playing first. If you want you can save your 1st mag until you've decided which class you want to go for. I say this being someone who has 3 mags on one character, one largely satk, one pure ratk and one pure tatk because I don't want to level another character.

Don't worry about your dumbness.
I'll keep in mind what you said cause soon or later I will end up leveling Braver and I could use what you just told me.

As for the other one, the problem is that I keep switching classes like mad. I still don't have something in my mind, but I guess I will try to get another mag and make one pure satk and other ratk. Force class is something I want to save for later.

By the way, you are telling me to lvl up only and only that stat? No def or dex?
Isn't DEF one thing the Dewmans lack?

The Walrus
Jul 27, 2013, 10:41 PM
Base def doesn't really matter much since the requirements for the the later game sets were lowered a lot so they could be easily equipped.

NeverDT
Jul 27, 2013, 10:48 PM
Base def doesn't really matter much since the requirements for the the later game sets were lowered a lot so they could be easily equipped.

That's a big part of it. The 489 sets dropped to 360, and the 606 sets dropped to 500. (the sets that are now 500 are still very expensive and don't offer a WHOLE lot over the 360 sets so that shouldn't be a big concern of yours anyway)

Pure *atk will help you the most, primarily in being able to use higher end gear faster. it'll also slightly boost your damage as you slowly progress through the upper levels of your mag.

Metalsnake27
Jul 27, 2013, 10:53 PM
Yeah as far as I know... you really don't need Def for your mag at all.... after they changed the unit requirements, you can usually get most of the units by just leveling up normally. (Your sub-class also contributes)

Zyrusticae
Jul 27, 2013, 10:54 PM
If you said you were going to play Braver exclusively, I would have just said to max out Dex.

But since you're not, I suppose the only solution really is to buy two more mags to use for each damage type.

gigawuts
Jul 27, 2013, 11:04 PM
Bear in mind that at some point in the future they're very likely going to add more Class Mag skills. That might make dex mags very useful - but that's if the skills work the same on non-hybrid classes (i.e. extra stats for dex as opposed to some other stat). I'm not saying to do one thing or the other with your mag(s), it's just something you might want to know about.

ChaosAngel92
Jul 27, 2013, 11:29 PM
Thanks everyone for you suggestions.
Then I guess I will raise 3 mags (2 for now) for each type of damage.

By the way, can someone tell me why does DEX is ubber important for Bravers?

Metalsnake27
Jul 27, 2013, 11:31 PM
Thanks everyone for you suggestions.
Then I guess I will raise 3 mags (2 for now) for each type of damage.

By the way, can someone tell me why does DEX is ubber important for Bravers?

It just counts for their weapon stat requirements. (Except the 9* Katanas require S-Attack, idk about the Bows)

I'm going with a S-Attack MAG with some points of DEX on it just so I can equip things quicker. (Also because I put a point in Braver MAG already <_< ) You can go with a DEX MAG if you want, I'm not really sure about how DEX works though so I'm just playing safe and going S-Attack lol. Just got my MAG to level 100 today actually :D

Zyrusticae
Jul 27, 2013, 11:36 PM
Braver has a skill that allows them to apply 50% of their mag's Dex towards S-Atk and R-Atk. In essence, if you have a 150-Dex mag, you get the equivalent of 75 points of S-Atk and 75 points of R-Atk, which means your mag has the equivalent of 300 points(!) worth of stat gains with that skill. It does take 5 of your SP, but it's worth it as far as I'm concerned.

Metalsnake27
Jul 27, 2013, 11:42 PM
Braver has a skill that allows them to apply 50% of their mag's Dex towards S-Atk and R-Atk. In essence, if you have a 150-Dex mag, you get the equivalent of 75 points of S-Atk and 75 points of R-Atk, which means your mag has the equivalent of 300 points(!) worth of stat gains with that skill. It does take 5 of your SP, but it's worth it as far as I'm concerned.

If your going with a Dex Mag, it is well worth it. Otherwise, you can use the 5 SP on other stuff.

I accidentally put 1 point into it already when I decided I was going S-Attack Mag, so I decided to keep some of my points in Dex so I at least get a small bonus from it. Only 30% but meh, might as well make use of it.

SolRiver
Jul 28, 2013, 04:23 PM
Jack of all trade.... does that include tech?

If it does, I don't know enough to have solid answer. Since I would need to know the specific number of stat what dewman get at each level to know how to distribute the mag stat just enough to equip a certain gear.

But if just s-atk, and r-atk, then dex mag most definitely.

Infinity Series
Jul 28, 2013, 04:41 PM
iam going 100 s-attack, 50 dex, and 25 s-def
mainly katana

since *9 katana use s-attack instead, i tought there'll be more katana that require s-attack
and the 2 *10 katana existing only need 300 and 320 dex..

i spend 25 s-def because female dewman BR/HU only have 476 base s-def at 60/60.. i need 24 point to equip *11 unit

ChaosAngel92
Jul 28, 2013, 04:46 PM
Jack of all trade.... does that include tech?

If it does, I don't know enough to have solid answer. Since I would need to know the specific number of stat what dewman get at each level to know how to distribute the mag stat just enough to equip a certain gear.

But if just s-atk, and r-atk, then dex mag most definitely.

For the time being techs are out of the equation.
I don't even know how to use tech as a non-Force class.
I plan on switching from HU, RA and BR (how you guys are abbreviating Braver?)

Ezodagrom
Jul 28, 2013, 04:52 PM
Bear in mind that at some point in the future they're very likely going to add more Class Mag skills. That might make dex mags very useful - but that's if the skills work the same on non-hybrid classes (i.e. extra stats for dex as opposed to some other stat). I'm not saying to do one thing or the other with your mag(s), it's just something you might want to know about.
Yeah, in the icons lists there's other icons similar to the braver mag icon, so it's likely that other classes will get a skill similar to braver mag in the future.

The icons, first is braver mag and then there's the other skill tree icons that are related to mags.
[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img13/7249/a3m7.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img153/264/xu7i.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img15/5395/nbj8.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img836/6760/m8l6.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img827/3263/oi3l.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Husq
Jul 28, 2013, 05:05 PM
i spend 25 s-def because female dewman BR/HU only have 476 base s-def at 60/60.. i need 24 point to equip *11 unit
Don't do it, people will whine and they will drop the requirements again. Besides we might get dex/ability based units for bravers soon. So unless of course you already have those units, save your up the points.
I speak from personal experiences, had 42 s-def on mag, to equip the 606 units, which are now 500 and soon 100... so really don't bother with it, unless you already have them.

gigawuts
Jul 28, 2013, 06:09 PM
If you have multiple mags having def on one can be a good idea just for when units are barely out of reach. Then swap to a damage/dex/whatever mag when they're in reach. I've made use of my 40 sdef delphinus enough times over the last year to warrant the 300 AC, easily.

Kurome
May 1, 2015, 08:26 AM
I have a question related to this topic. I have Br/Hu with katana and bcuz it was one of my very 1st characters I fed him with mostly everything I had (cuz of dumbness) and after I start to get used to game a little bit, I heard that katana must be pure S-ATK. Does it matter if I have 2 dex on my mag? I know that I cannot reset him but only buy a new one (unable to make a bank transfer anyway). Will that matters in my playstyle? My mag have 10lv S-ATK and 2 in Dex so.. I don't rly want to make a character from the beginning xd
Btw. How I'm suppose to reduce dex? I mean which items (omitting mushrooms cuz they're for R-ATK) I have to use?

sorry for bad english.

Anduril
May 1, 2015, 08:39 AM
I have a question related to this topic. I have Br/Hu with katana and bcuz it was one of my very 1st characters I fed him with mostly everything I had (cuz of dumbness) and after I start to get used to game a little bit, I heard that katana must be pure S-ATK. Does it matter if I have 2 dex on my mag? I know that I cannot reset him but only buy a new one (unable to make a bank transfer anyway). Will that matters in my playstyle? My mag have 10lv S-ATK and 2 in Dex so.. I don't rly want to make a character from the beginning xd
Btw. How I'm suppose to reduce dex? I mean which items (omitting mushrooms cuz they're for R-ATK) I have to use?

sorry for bad english.
First, please stop reviving old threads.
Second, 2 DEX doesn't matter much considering the max mag level is 190. You can eventually reduce the DEX down to zero using 100 Excubes (max level reward), though.
Third, 4* room goods will reduce dex, but you can also use monomaets (they also raise S-DEF, but then weapons will lower it).

yoshiblue
May 1, 2015, 08:43 AM
I can understand the anti-necro thing but I don't think this forum has a rule against necromancy.
Edit: Never mind, I guess there is. Oh well.

Ontopic, I agree with Anduril. 2 dex shouldn't hurt at all unless you really need to keep everything the way you want it to.

Kurome
May 1, 2015, 09:16 AM
So then what? Want me to start new topics over and over again? lol It would be useless, or u want me to do it in Question thread? I'm lost now, don't do that, don't write here..
Thanks for answer yoshiblue

Anduril
May 1, 2015, 02:38 PM
So then what? Want me to start new topics over and over again? lol It would be useless, or u want me to do it in Question thread? I'm lost now, don't do that, don't write here..
Thanks for answer yoshiblue

As yoshiblue noted, there is a rule against reviving old threads; if they are a couple of months old, it's no big deal, but when you revive one that is well over a year old it's typically not acceptable. And yes, this is precisely what the Quick Questions thread was created for: you had a quick question, and it was answered in a single post.