PDA

View Full Version : If Japan does not like outsiders...?

ChaosAngel92
Jul 28, 2013, 01:46 AM
then why on the hell there is no IP block?
I mean, thank God there isn't one. But still it makes me wonder, what is SoJ message to foreign people?

Everyone of us represent a chance to sell more, but they have made it almost impossible to buy the goodies. We can resort on Webmoney, sure but they blocked every other way to pay for it.
Yet, they still allow us to play?
It looks like they can't decide weather to kick us out or embrace our foreign presence.

strikerhunter
Jul 28, 2013, 01:52 AM
Simple: We welcome all and give us your money.

Honestly though, I think actually (duh) SoJ knows that there are foreigners playing the JP version and just don't care about it. As long as more people play it, they won't do IP blocks because it's making business better for them to not have one.

supersonix9
Jul 28, 2013, 01:53 AM
^ dat right there

Rien
Jul 28, 2013, 02:16 AM
Just because the community don't exactly like the gaijin doesn't mean SEGA share their views.

KuroKanden
Jul 28, 2013, 02:18 AM
I really don't think this should be an issue that would concern us as players.

We are simply the customers that're using their product, the mutual relationship ends there.
I' myself have experienced a great deal of foreign mmos, and I can say this is never a first-priority to the company at hands. It took Netmarble 3 years to issue an "IP ban" on Digimon Masters Online, but people/foreigners were still able to bypass it at ease. On the other hand, Wasabii warmly welcomed foreign customers and even went to great extends in having their announcements become avaliable in english. It just a matter of time. Perhaps after the global title is released *cough* , we will see a slight movement in their course of action..

But I digress.

Once again I believe they're well aware of the situation, but have yet to take action. It should'nt concern us as players. For the time being just relax and enjoy the game, don't think too far.

Zipzo
Jul 28, 2013, 02:24 AM
This was an explicit issue in the early life of PSO2, and it was made very clear by the developers (Sekai himself in fact) that they are aware of foreigners but they turn a generous blind eye because they respect that people from all over the world love the game and have put a lot of time in to it. This was after they re-added the no foreigner clause to the ToS. Cause a problem or get reported though and they will ban you faster than you can blink, that has also happened (frequently in the beginning when hacking was publicized).

There's no maybes, guessing, or "probably"'s on how SEGA feels about it, it was made crystal clear.

Chdata
Jul 28, 2013, 02:25 AM
Herro chiruno

IMO, they probably know about the little English nest in Block 20.

They aren't going to take action against what brings them traffic and money and could be bypassed anyway, as people have mentioned.

ChaosAngel92
Jul 28, 2013, 02:30 AM
Simple: We welcome all and give us your money.

Honestly though, I think actually (duh) SoJ knows that there are foreigners playing the JP version and just don't care about it. As long as more people play it, they won't do IP blocks because it's making business better for them to not have one.

That's what I fail to understand.
If that is correct then what is the problem of opening a new ship (or designate one) for the rest of the world, translate the game, and add an easier way to buy AC (just using a VISA).

Really, I fail to see the logic on SoJ right now.
Does there exist Japanese people that just by knowing Sakai is accepting outsiders, will stop playing the game?
Are they really THAT elitist to stop playing a game they enjoy just because they accepted us?

Just because the community don't exactly like the gaijin doesn't mean SEGA share their views.

Well, something is holding them to make some sort of localization of the game (wether it's bring it to overseas or just releasing an official patch)

Zenobia
Jul 28, 2013, 02:38 AM
You know what you should do...

KEEP CALM AND PLAY MOAR PSO2

If sega wanted to ban us now they would have a long time ago simply worrying about it wont change a thing.

ChaosAngel92
Jul 28, 2013, 02:51 AM
You know what you should do...

KEEP CALM AND PLAY MOAR PSO2

If sega wanted to ban us now they would have a long time ago simply worrying about it wont change a thing.

I'm calmed trust me.
(Well aside the fact I can't change my skin tone, and I look like a zombie)

I was just wondering whats on SoJ mind.

Shinamori
Jul 28, 2013, 02:56 AM
SoA doesn't have that great of a business model. Even if they release PSO2 NA, if it's gonna be like PSU, we might as well stay on the JP version.

Zenobia
Jul 28, 2013, 03:00 AM
I'm calmed trust me.
(Well aside the fact I can't change my skin tone, and I look like a zombie)

I was just wondering whats on SoJ mind.

Duman chicks with Pale skins look awesome do not regret that I look pale as hell under the lightning but hey....
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/ofc8OqF.jpg (http://imgur.com/ofc8OqF)[/SPOILER-BOX]

jooozek
Jul 28, 2013, 03:02 AM
well OP, there is hope they ip ban us once the NA/EU version comes out

KarakoYuri
Jul 28, 2013, 03:05 AM
Why bother localizing when you have hardcore fans to translate it for you(thank you to everyone who has worked to translate it, I love you all!)? It's free money for them.

ChaosAngel92
Jul 28, 2013, 03:08 AM
Why bother localizing when you have hardcore fans to translate it for you(thank you to everyone who has worked to translate it, I love you all!)? It's free money for them.

I'm not worried about the localizing.
Everyone in here does 10x times better the job someone at SEGA does translating.

However, the method to buy AC is expensive and not as easy for the JP.

well OP, there is hope they ip ban us once the NA/EU version comes out

I'm a true believer of "NA got canceled" thing.

Duman chicks with Pale skins look awesome do not regret that I look pale as hell under the lightning but hey....
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/ofc8OqF.jpg (http://imgur.com/ofc8OqF)[/SPOILER-BOX]

I'm even more pale than you I swear it.
I was like "YAAAAYY! Dewman vampires FTW!", and then I realized I look more like a zombie than anything else.
The make up helped tho.

KarakoYuri
Jul 28, 2013, 03:13 AM
I'm not worried about the localizing.
Everyone in here does 10x times better the job someone at SEGA does translating.

However, the method to buy AC is expensive and not as easy for the JP.

Very True, I'd like to buy some of the cosmetic items but getting AC generally doesn't give enough value to warrant what I'd have to pay for it. .-.

jooozek
Jul 28, 2013, 03:23 AM
I'm a true believer of "NA got canceled" thing.
well, the game is pretty bad and I don't think it'd do well outside of japan because of the fact that there isn't as many gullible otakus outside of japan who'd overspend money on gambling for costumes so yes, you are prolly right on the "NA got canceled" though, it's NA/EU and not NA (http://blogs.sega.com/2012/07/09/phantasy-star-online-2-is-coming-west/)

Renvalt
Jul 28, 2013, 03:26 AM
I wanna add my concerns to this thread: I read that whole "blogpost" thing wherein the author states how xenophobic SoJ is, and how it seems Japan as a whole seems to be that way as well.

My question is, if that's true, why don't the Japanese harass gaijin like me on sight? True, they aren't communicating with us, but I blame that on both A)their refusal to speak English and B)our refusal to learn Japanese.

Though to some extent I notice they'll speak it to voice that they can't understand us all that well. But generally, we're on a Japanese game server. Not speaking Japanese, we took over a whole block.

My theory, unproven, is this: we haven't all made tremendous waves to make gameplay life hell for the native Japanese, but we haven't made tremendous waves to try and learn the tongue of the land (AKA learn and speak Japanese TO the Japanese).

I imagine if we were banned right now, no one (except maybe us) would care very much. Yet what if we were more active with talking to the JPs?

I mean, yeah sure, learning Japanese to play a single, solitary (and by some people's opinions "shitty") game is really going overkill, but think of all the perks you get from doing it: now you can play other video games in Japanese to help more stuff get localized (or play games that never will get the localization treatment without English patches), you can watch Japanese dubbed anime without the subs and GET what the hell they're saying, and you also have communication keys to another nation in the world, opening up a whole fount of possible knowledge.

It's why I'm taking Japanese this Fall, and why I'm so eager to visit (and maybe move to) Japan - because for all the "hate" stories I seem to hear about people who talk bad about Japan (and the suffering of gaijin there), saying it's this "bad anti-gaijin nation", I think I've not seen for myself whether they're just doing it wrong, or whether there's truth to their statements.

So yeah, long ass rant excluded, I think right now we fall into the realm of Sakai's "don't cause trouble and you can stay here" clause, which overrules that one clause in the ToS because in the end, it's Sakai that calls the shots. What he says, goes.

blace
Jul 28, 2013, 03:29 AM
It is pretty much just Sakai stepping his foot down.

However, I noticed an increase of rowdy english speaking players with more inappropriate names roaming around the blocks. They're only drawing attention to themselves if anything, but as long as the community as a whole doesn't revolt and make the game experience harder on the local region, we should be fine. 'Tis the same in plenty of other online games and communities.

KarakoYuri
Jul 28, 2013, 03:36 AM

However, I noticed an increase of rowdy english speaking players with more inappropriate names roaming around the blocks. They're only drawing attention to themselves if anything, but as long as the community as a whole doesn't revolt and make the game experience harder on the local region, we should be fine. 'Tis the same in plenty of other online games and communities.

I've noticed a bit of that on Ship 04, but it's generally pretty quiet until about 2am EST then things get a bit odd at times. I do hope that they stay a limited issue so not to exacerbate the perception.

Renvalt
Jul 28, 2013, 03:36 AM

Yeah. I've noticed that for every 1 Gaijin that manages not to make a fuss, we get two that do.

I think the best answer to what they're doing is to "resume the status quo" - in other words, those who have not been a nuisance are showing the Japanese that, in truth, not all foreigners are like these loudmouth asswipes. I'd assume it's the same reason why, in the FGC (fighting game community), players like Daigo/Tokido/Mago/etc. all come back to America yet choose not to live here permanently.

Effectively, as long as we continue to respect the other players (including ourselves) and act mature during our time here (regardless of who it is towards), then we're going to shine a positive light on both the native players and SoJ (specifically Sakai). If we stoop down to the level of those cussname asswipes, then we're going to get the boot, along with a nice "外人はさいていだ!" as an extra farewell message in our inboxes.

blace
Jul 28, 2013, 03:51 AM
However, this may possibly start up hate towards foreigners. The last several times I've logged in, I've seen people openly make jokes about both regions and nationalities. I don't think it was meant to be offensive, but they're not exactly being discreet about what they're saying and all chat isn't the most discreet form of chat.

Still, if the rest of the community continues on as they have been we should be fine. Might see that some people have gone missing, but I'm sure they won't be sorely missed.

KarakoYuri
Jul 28, 2013, 03:57 AM
Kind of sad really, because I've had a good time partying with native Japanese players and they've been nothing but kind. Still with people trolling them, I can see where the frustrations would be rolling in. The Worst part is we can't openly stop them since openly speaking English in chat could potentially get you kicked and PMs tend to devolve into a chain of insults.

Renvalt
Jul 28, 2013, 04:22 AM
Kind of sad really, because I've had a good time partying with native Japanese players and they've been nothing but kind. Still with people trolling them, I can see where the frustrations would be rolling in. The Worst part is we can't openly stop them since openly speaking English in chat could potentially get you kicked and PMs tend to devolve into a chain of insults.

If you value your Japanese friends, you'd take that risk. They might not understand what you're saying, but I'm sure that yelling at those jackasses to shut up (I'd suggest telling the Japanese to blacklist them, but I don't know how well they'd take to that) would get you some brownie points with those JP friends of yours.

Treat them with respect, and I'm sure they'll do the same in kind.

However, this may possibly start up hate towards foreigners. The last several times I've logged in, I've seen people openly make jokes about both regions and nationalities. I don't think it was meant to be offensive, but they're not exactly being discreet about what they're saying and all chat isn't the most discreet form of chat.

And this right here makes my palm go to my face. And they say the Japanese are gaijin haters - a fine case of "pot calling the kettle black". I swear, sometimes the hypocrisy from my own nation makes me want to smash my brains out from the incessant, unending palming of my face.

And yes, I use "incessant" despite not knowing what it really means. Go ahead and call Inigo Montoya - I am prepared to die.

Might see that some people have gone missing, but I'm sure they won't be sorely missed.

Ahahahaha, good one there, Blace, good one. True, though, they won't be missed. Just like how people forget about me - note to self: throw Blace in tomorrow's Cajun Rappy Stew, Kappa.

KarakoYuri
Jul 28, 2013, 04:33 AM
You're right. I respect them and the game too much to let it just be trampled by people simply trying to get a rise out of everyone. I'll keep that in mind the next time I come across one. Thank you.

blace
Jul 28, 2013, 04:39 AM
Just like how people forget about me - note to self: throw Blace in tomorrow's Cajun Rappy Stew, Kappa.
I- wait what?

I don't know how I should feel about this.

Shirokami
Jul 28, 2013, 06:38 AM
Personally I never had a single issue with JP players, I also always tried to leave a good impression about myself, always being positive and kind... even though I can't into moonrunes.

~Aya~
Jul 28, 2013, 07:06 AM
From first page etc~

They also don't care if you are JP outside of Japan. You are still considered a foreigner for logging in with an IP outside of Japan. If you were banned you would receive same treatment as any other gaijin. If I went back home and were to somehow get banned while living or have residence in Japan, they would say that my account has been accessed by a third party/foreign IP. At this point i'd have to contact customer service via phone to provide information such as billing addresss and such.

KarakoYuri
Jul 28, 2013, 07:18 AM
Mm, it happened to the friend who got me into PSO to begin with. He was here in the states visiting, logged in on my desktop, got banned for something that barely concerned him, then got home to Japan and had to fight to get everything cleared up.

angrysquid
Jul 28, 2013, 07:19 AM
Personally I never had a single issue with JP players, I also always tried to leave a good impression about myself, always being positive and kind... even though I can't into moonrunes.

So far I've been pretty lucky with the nihons I met.
Most of them appreciated th fax that I tried to communicate with them via Google translate, 'w'.. Some of them are on my frindlist and occasionally exchange in game mails :D

~Aya~
Jul 28, 2013, 07:31 AM
Mm, it happened to the friend who got me into PSO to begin with. He was here in the states visiting, logged in on my desktop, got banned for something that barely concerned him, then got home to Japan and had to fight to get everything cleared up.

This further proves how strict they can be on foreign access~

So.... If I were to be banned.. I would either have to call my parents to call them or move back home!!! LOOOL... oh god... I can see it now...

KarakoYuri
Jul 28, 2013, 07:34 AM
This further proves how strict they can be on foreign access~

So.... If I were to be banned.. I would either have to call my parents to call them or move back home!!! LOOOL... oh god... I can see it now...

No worries, your secret's safe with me Aya-san. Besides, I'd be willing to bet that at least a quarter of their daily log ins are 'forgeiners' so policing us will be nigh-impossible without a full region lock.

~Aya~
Jul 28, 2013, 07:42 AM
No worries, your secret's safe with me Aya-san. Besides, I'd be willing to bet that at least a quarter of their daily log ins are 'forgeiners' so policing us will be nigh-impossible without a full region lock.

I wouldn't move back for Pso2.. my job and current status here are very nice~

If I just went back and was welcomes and such but also asked why the sudden move? Then replied, "banned from pso2 for living in foreign country"... They would be like... ugh.. gurl you crazy .. move back now.

They should have just made it so that everyone can freely access servers and receive the same service as their own. China though.......... hm.. I'm sorry~

KarakoYuri
Jul 28, 2013, 07:47 AM
I've heard of worse excuses for moving, like because the elevator was 3 seconds late.
I'm sure everything will be fine. While I admittedly don't know you personally, you seem like a good person so you shouldn't have to worry about moving back anytime soon. xD

Zenobia
Jul 28, 2013, 07:55 AM
I have a nice couple of JP friends and they have told me themselves they don't hate us and don't share any of the views the other have. A lot of them love playing with us I even had some teach me some new words its always fun learning knew things here and there.

Yeah we have our bad apple's no one is perfect all this hate about the English community is kinda meeh right now. Long as they act accordingly and don't cause trouble.

Yeah some may talk in public chat, but have you ever given the thought as to why they may not have a grasp as to why it is bad? I have seen some do it and whispered them telling to try not to talk in public chat for safety reason giving them explanations as to why. They love the game just as much as the JP's do and im willing to help them out so they can further enjoy it.

I see enough ranting about how the English are messing up this and messing up that, but I have yet to see nor hear a single post from any of you saying you have took the time to help those said people or English players who are making these minor mistakes and that's sad. I can understand you wanna save your own ass's and have the fuck you I got mine attitude, but at least try to take some kinda of time to help them.

Also if this doesn't pertain to you then that's good.

~Aya~
Jul 28, 2013, 08:01 AM
I have a nice couple of JP friends and they have told me themselves they don't hate us and don't share any of the views the other have. A lot of them love playing with us I even had some teach me some new words its always fun learning knew things here and there.

Yeah we have our bad apple's no one is perfect all this hate about the English community is kinda meeh right now. Long as they act accordingly and don't cause trouble.

Yeah some may talk in public chat, but have you have you ever given the though the may not have a grasp as to why it is bad? I have sen some do it and whispered them telling to try not to talk in public chat for safety reason giving them explanations as to why. They love the game just as much as the JP's do and im willing to help them out so they can further enjoy it.

I see enough ranting about how the English are messing up this and messing up that, but I have yet to see nor hear a single post from any of you saying you have took the time to help those said people or English players who are making these minor mistakes and that's sad. I can understand you wanna save your own ass's and have the fuck you I got mine attitude, but at least try to take some kinda of time to help them.

I saw a new random gaijin who had logged into my block and ran up to me and the JP group I was hanging out with and started asking how to add friends in english. I did not say anything at first.. was actually surprised that one of my friends spoke up and attempted to explain how and their english is pretty.. er... really bad.. I ended up stepping in to tell them in whisper~

This is not the first time this has happened.. only the most recent.

KarakoYuri
Jul 28, 2013, 08:03 AM

Yeah some may talk in public chat, but have you have you ever given the though the may not have a grasp as to why it is bad? I have sen some do it and whispered them telling to try not to talk in public chat for safety reason giving them explanations as to why. They love the game just as much as the JP's do and im willing to help them out so they can further enjoy it.

Very well spoken, and I agree. I just find it kind of sad that we're in this predicament to begin with. I can understand the corporate side of things and wanting more control(seriously, in the end it's all about control for them), but at the same time I sympathize with those left out in the cold, angry that Sega pulled the rug out from under them and then taunted them every time someone would ask about a new release date.

I am loving the game so far, but it carries a bit of a sour taste when so many others don't get the chance.

Heh, sorry. Guess I'm just trying to rationalize.

BIG OLAF
Jul 28, 2013, 08:07 AM
I opened this thread expecting the OP to say

"..then why don't they close their borders?"

Okay, that's all I wanted to share.

Shinamori
Jul 28, 2013, 08:14 AM
Someone was asking how to buy 10* weapons in one of the hard blocks, so I whispered how to.

Zenobia
Jul 28, 2013, 08:19 AM
I saw a new random gaijin who had logged into my block and ran up to me and the JP group I was hanging out with and started asking how to add friends in english. I did not say anything at first.. was actually surprised that one of my friends spoke up and attempted to explain how and their english is pretty.. er... really bad.. I ended up stepping in to tell them in whisper~

This is not the first time this has happened.. only the most recent.

It only saddens me you felt afraid to speak up first knowing you knew English I only question if you think that would have made you look bad in front of your JP group sense you spoke when one of the jp's spoke after.

Tsk tsk....Aya but good enough.

~Aya~
Jul 28, 2013, 08:26 AM
It only saddens me you felt afraid to speak up first knowing you knew English I only question if you think that would have made you look bad in front of your JP group sense you spoke when one of the jp's spoke after.

Tsk tsk....Aya but good enough.

It was more fun watching my friend who could barely speak english attempt to help out of the kindness of their heart~

We all laughed about it since I told them my evil schene afterwards...

KarakoYuri
Jul 28, 2013, 08:28 AM
It's unfortunate that we're made to feel afraid to help more like. It's the system that's the problem, not the player. Any other Dev in any other part of the world would be facing serious rebuttal for the kind of elitist attitudes that pervade Sega right now. When even using the most spoken language in the world can get you banned, losing countless hours of time dedicated to something you enjoy, you know there's a serious issue.

NoiseHERO
Jul 28, 2013, 08:34 AM
I dunno if anyone addressed this 4 pages in but.

I find it hilarious how long this thread ran with everyone already agreeing on the mindset that the japanese community hates us.

Then again I don't even think the English community like's itself.

~Aya~
Jul 28, 2013, 08:40 AM

I find it hilarious how long this thread ran with everyone already agreeing on the mindset that the japanese community hates us.

Lemme touch your ARM~

now thread is on the right track~

Zenobia
Jul 28, 2013, 09:07 AM

I find it hilarious how long this thread ran with everyone already agreeing on the mindset that the Japanese community hates us.

Ya know you're not to far off thinking that. I am actually glad this thread is staying civil. I wanna say the English community doesn't hate itself, but just can't stand how some have conducted themselves up until now. Even now I see some Japanese saying bad stuff about how some of the English players are bad and are aggravated how they mess up there Falz runs and or mpa's.

All I can do is apologize to them for our mistakes on my behalf, where they in turn reply saying don't worry about its not all of you. I wanna rest assured knowing that, but sometimes I feel they still hate some of us given the circumstances.

Well no use in worrying about whats already been done rather worry about what is going to happen from here on out.

~Aya~
Jul 28, 2013, 09:12 AM
Ya know you're not to far off thinking that. I am actually glad this thread is staying civil. I wanna say the English community doesn't hate itself, but just can't stand how some have conducted themselves up until now. Even now I see some Japanese saying bad stuff about how some of the English players are bad and are aggravated how they mess up there Falz runs and or mpa's.

All I can do is apologize to them for our mistakes on my behalf, where they in turn reply saying don't worry about its not all of you. I wanna rest assured knowing that, but sometimes I feel they still hate some of us given the circumstances.

Well no use in worrying about whats already been done rather worry about what is going to happen from here on out.

Ugh ... EN is no different from JP players when it comes to skill or know how on things such as MPA~ I remember getting a little irritated at EN MPA on beach for inviting full parties of bots or boss rushing immediately despite the description/comment on the party.

JP are the same. There are those who follow, learn, and pay attention and those who do not.

TaigaUC
Jul 28, 2013, 09:22 AM
I don't think it's "Japanese people hate foreigners" so much as it's "people in general don't like asshats who are rude, can't read/be reasoned with, and don't play properly".
It's a person to person basis thing. Applies regardless of where you're from.

People tend to generalize because it's too difficult to mentally separate every single person.
Individual actions reflect upon their perceived social groups.
Again, it's not a Japan hates foreigners thing. Everyone does it everywhere all the time.
It's like how people assume that Asians like anime, can't drive, do martial arts, etc.

Foreign players tend to not understand and often disregard Japanese manners and etiquette, even when it's explained to them.
I remember someone on here complained that a Japanese person told them to go to B20 when they were speaking English out aloud.
They reacted by throwing a fit and cussing the hell out of them rudely. Not exactly pleasant interaction.
Some people don't care to understand and intentionally leave bad impressions for a laugh.
That usually becomes a problem for the rest of us to deal with, which is sad.

Examples of things international players seem to do often that Japanese people don't:

- Gather large groups right in the center of the most travelled area of the lobby and chat out aloud in English.
This likely lags people and spams them with chat. It's most annoying when they are all in the same team.
I even see international people talking half in public and half in team chat. Some people seem stubborn to switch chat modes.
Most Japanese people seem to keep to whisper/team chat, or chat in a corner so as to not bother people.

- Openly abuse anyone they feel like, for no valid reason.
That is obviously not a very nice thing to do.
I've never seen Japanese people openly abuse anyone, they always try to reason with them politely.
I see international players abusing random people all the time, in quests and in lobby.
Just the other day, I recall seeing a random person call someone a "weeaboo" for having a Sword Art Online name.
Of course, they were told to go back to B20 where trolls belong - by English-speaking players.
Another example is when I'm in random Falz runs, and suddenly someone says "learn to play", "what the fuck!" or other random abuses, for no apparent reason.
They rarely say who they are talking to, so it's like they are abusing everyone in the area.

- Disregard Japanese room rules (because they can't read them)
This of course causes problems for the entire party.
It hinders efficiency, wasting everyone's time and causing stress.
It's not elitist to want to play with people at a similar skill level.
If someone wants to learn, they should start with the room rule guides on this forum, instead of jumping straight into groups with lots of rules without any prior knowledge.

- Join the most populated Very Hard blocks and ask for group invites to do Normal or Hard dungeons
Kinda annoying, but I mostly blame SEGA for changing the blocks all the time and making it so difficult to get into populated blocks.
Those people are obviously taking up space for people trying to get into groups for emergency quests.
I usually see people tell them "you're asking in the wrong block". I don't know if they actually listen or take offense for no reason.

I didn't list spamming symbol art, because I've seen Japanese people do that a few times.
I also didn't list failing hard on Falz, because I've seen Japanese players screwing up a lot too.

I've seen some random Japanese people asking and spamming for help in the lobby, but they seemed like kids.
Kids everywhere are generally naive, ignorant, inconsiderate and rude.

Zipzo
Jul 28, 2013, 09:56 AM
From first page etc~

They also don't care if you are JP outside of Japan. You are still considered a foreigner for logging in with an IP outside of Japan. If you were banned you would receive same treatment as any other gaijin. If I went back home and were to somehow get banned while living or have residence in Japan, they would say that my account has been accessed by a third party/foreign IP. At this point i'd have to contact customer service via phone to provide information such as billing addresss and such.

This is incorrect, I've country swapped and continued playing PSO2 without having to call SEGA.

~Aya~
Jul 28, 2013, 10:33 AM
This is incorrect, I've country swapped and continued playing PSO2 without having to call SEGA.

You have to first be banned to experiance what I said. ^^

Yamishi
Jul 28, 2013, 10:45 AM
Foreign players tend to not understand and often disregard Japanese manners and etiquette, even when it's explained to them.

I think this, right here, is the biggest issue. Foreigners (including good friends of mine!) seem to have the attitude that no one can tell them what to do, and if you try, it's because you're being a jerk.

I've also noticed that trolling culture seems a little more prevalent in English than it is in Japanese. On EN games, if someone is trying to tell you how to play your game, you troll them hard, and because they know what it's like to get trolled, it doesn't bother them as much as it bothers the polite Japanese gentleman who was just trying to explain that you're in the wrong place, or doing the wrong thing for what you're trying to accomplish.

I will say, however, that I have made a couple of Japanese friends who I get along with great, because I try to be polite and mature at all times.

Zipzo
Jul 28, 2013, 11:09 AM
You have to first be banned to experiance what I said. ^^

You're saying that if you log outside of JP your account gets banned/suspended because of a foreign IP? That's not true. I've been to other countries and played PSO2 and I've not had to deal with my account being put on hold.

Maybe in some cases where certain red flags are set but it's not something that just happens automatically.

jooozek
Jul 28, 2013, 11:17 AM
From first page etc~

give me the phone number to customer service plox kthx

~Aya~
Jul 28, 2013, 11:20 AM
You're saying that if you log outside of JP your account gets banned/suspended because of a foreign IP? That's not true. I've been to other countries and played PSO2 and I've not had to deal with my account being put on hold.

Maybe in some cases where certain red flags are set but it's not something that just happens automatically.

No, no~

Lol.... If you were to be banned for any reason at all..... Poor zippy

Chdata
Jul 28, 2013, 11:39 AM
well, the game is pretty bad and I don't think it'd do well outside of japan because of the fact that there isn't as many gullible otakus outside of japan who'd overspend money on gambling for costumes so yes, you are prolly right on the "NA got canceled" though, it's NA/EU and not NA (http://blogs.sega.com/2012/07/09/phantasy-star-online-2-is-coming-west/)

Ahahahah you should see Microvolts.

Pay to win TPS with dresses that last for a month that you can buy for their stat bonuses, P2W weapon set that would cost you $50, or you can spend upwards to $30-$100 on the "Microvolts lottery" to try and obtain an even more powerful weapon than the stuff that's already readily available, and if you spend up to $700 in the lottery you might accumulate enough "compensation credit" from any of your failures to not get anything to buy "God weapons" which have all their stats extremely overpowered compared to anything else in the entire game.

not all foreigners are like these loudmouth asswipes

And not all Japanese are these racist gainin xenophobes.

This is the same issue I have with Team Fortress 2 and "Free to play" people.

You see, TF2 used to cost $20 to buy for a few years. Players from that time are veterans and got really good at the game. But then Valve released the game for free with the ability to become a premium player (for a minimum of $5).

With all these new, inexperienced, bad players, the veterans would often get really mad or annoyed by these people who really don't know how to play the game at all, eye rolling because their team is full of F2P noobs wearing Gibus hats.

There's even mods made to kick people from the server if they are F2P.

But whenever I meet someone who either

1. Blames a person's bad skill on F2P

2. Sees that a person seems F2P and thinks they're stupid

I consider them an idiot for making illogical claims. Your buy-in status has nothing to do with how you play, that's just stereotyping. I was F2P for a long time and quickly rose to often top-score in the game.

The main issue I imagine with not liking foreign IP in your servers is because the servers are located in or near Japan, thus foreign players should be laggier to handle than local people.

Though, I rarely get much lag while playing the game, mostly only if the server itself is near full or busy and there's a lot of people near me in MPA. Their servers are pretty amazing. I host my own TF2 server near New York and being a little west of that bumps my usual ping up 20 points, while my British/French/Netherland friends all have pings ranging from 120-300. Infact, I have a ping-kicker installed that kicks you if your ping is over like 400, but that's to combat ping-hackers who lag themselves on purpose and there's an option to give people exceptions from the ping-hacker which I've done for one of my British friends and another time for someone who was on my server at random constantly being kicked who I felt sorry for.

In Microvolts, the main lobby is seemingly full of Mexican players rather than American, and their servers. Almost all Mexicans share this in common:

Extremely high pings, thus extremely laggy players (This is a huge deal in any first or third person shooter).

Speak spanish, so I can't understand them.

Many of them just sit in the lobby asking "ANYONE GOT HA K?? PLSS BOSS HA K" because they all want to party with a player who can hack the one boss in the game to instantly kill him for money and items.

I know what it's like to dislike people outside of my nationality because the majority of them just seem... derp.

But I turn a blind eye to that because stereotyping is a logical fallacy in itself and I make it a point to be tolerant to anyone who is not intolerant themselves.

Heck, in Microvolts I got good enough to solo the boss (finding a good team for the boss is hard, most people don't know how to fight it and don't bother looking it up and just ask for hax which is stupid, often leaving me to solo the boss for ten minutes because everyone else died at the start and lost all their continues).

I happen to meet few players who are also good at fighting the boss (it makes a difference, a bad team will take twenty minutes on the boss mostly because I end up having to solo it, and a good team can finish the boss in four minutes).

One of them happens to be Mexican and we joke about it and bossed together a lot cause we were both pros. (Not now since I haven't been playing Microvolts a lot).

There was one time where I joined a party of JP players at random for an Amduscia EQ because I really needed people to party with on VH since I'm underleveled a little.

I was the only force and it was my usual style to try and keep the others from dying and heal them if they're low on HP and stuff. Sometimes reviving them. We even ran into a Haze Draal during the second run of the quest which was also my first Haxe Draal and how I obtained lvl.10 namegid.

All in all I felt pretty useful since they were a two person team before I joined. Dunno why they didn't bother to organize a full team and rush for the rare boss or something. The even spent half their time Sranking.

In the end, they both thanked me in Japanese and I google translated it to read, and I responded by saying "Google translate says I don't understand your language, but thanks for having me and sorry for the nuisance!"

It's funny because they were much, much less optimal at boss hunting than some English players I partied with on Amduscia EQ's a few days later. Only 3 people, Spending 10 minutes to Srank, and actually fighting the non-rare boss. Compared to the English groups I was with where someone was triple dash rushing to the boss, checking if it's Haze or not, and giving party leader to someone at the campship so we could immediately restart the quest. Meanwhile the people who weren't as fast at rushing only had the option of staying back to Srank. I can't wait to unlock Fighter myself cause that dashing looks like a fun kinda thing I'd get into doing, and I'd be able to let other people sit back and lounge or whatever since I've already gotten to a few times.

I also remember an English friend of mine saying "Typical English player, not bothering to triple dash. He could be saving a lot of time. Most Eng. players I see are force and don't bother to triple dash at all."

As if there aren't plenty of non-optimalist JP players either. It's not a line between JP or EN players. It's a line between skilled/unskilled or new/veteran.

Your method of communication and skin tone don't affect what kind of player you are.

Whenever I imagine these JP hateful xenophobes if any of them really are like that in this game, all I can think about is how I always imagined Japanese culture to try and be these honorable and respectful people, and how disgusting and illogical it is to look down on people for their nationality. I don't go around yelling at Mexicans in Microvolts or try to get them banned because they don't know what they're doing or something. Just tolerate it or ignore it.

NoiseHERO
Jul 28, 2013, 11:46 AM
Not all foreigners are like these loudmouth asswipes

And not all Japanese are these racist gaijin hating xenophobes.

Literally all that has to be said about anything.

Chdata
Jul 28, 2013, 11:49 AM
Gaijin means alien or outsider.

Was a typo.

NoiseHERO
Jul 28, 2013, 11:52 AM
Gaijin means alien or outsider.

Was a typo.

Well I know what a gaijin is- not important. /edits post <<

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 28, 2013, 11:54 AM
A JP player complimented my boobs once

Chdata
Jul 28, 2013, 11:58 AM
tbh I have not yet encountered the so called JP gaijin racist xenophones yet. Could they be ghosts?!

Totori
Jul 28, 2013, 11:59 AM
Because it's like a small percentage, if any.

NoiseHERO
Jul 28, 2013, 12:00 PM
tbh I have not yet encountered the so called JP gaijin racist xenophones yet. Could they be ghosts?!

Just like the KKK!

Shirai
Jul 28, 2013, 12:01 PM

This.

If anything, Gaijin's seem like the more xenophobe ones.

EvilMag
Jul 28, 2013, 12:01 PM
JP people seem to like me. A while back I was in a skype call with some of them when playing AQs and they tried really hard to speak english to me and I felt really bad that I never really tried. Felt like an asshole.

Zipzo
Jul 28, 2013, 12:05 PM
No, no~

Lol.... If you were to be banned for any reason at all..... Poor zippy

It's not my fault your post is confusing to read.

NoiseHERO
Jul 28, 2013, 12:09 PM

I saw what you edited out.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

~Aya~
Jul 28, 2013, 12:31 PM

I'm sorry. Maybe I do need more English classes.

It is easier to speak and well.. that is not how we communicate here.

Arrow
Jul 28, 2013, 12:52 PM

The language of the typical PSOWorldian and the PSO2Worldian.
It's like British English and American English except...
One sounds like gibberish that is actually wiser than most could comprehend and the other sounds like an angry Irishman. No offence to any Irishmen reading this.

strikerhunter
Jul 28, 2013, 01:42 PM

I have yet to encounter any JP gaijin directly towards me or anyone I know of.

It seems to me that when it comes to insults JPs are more direct to who they are saying it to rather than the group that they belong to. Most EN players I've seen in chat tends to make insults without any give direction. An example would be something like Falz Elder, Had a run before with a full EN MPA where it was just one guy OEing the lower arms and yet 2 others yelling at the entire MPA. When comparing this to the JPs, they are softer on insults as well as being direct to who they are telling to.

In my own experience, although I don't speak to them, I find ways around it to help the JPs if they are ever helping me. As the old saying goes, "Your actions speaks louder than your words."

ChaosAngel92
Jul 28, 2013, 02:34 PM
I wanna add my concerns to this thread: I read that whole "blogpost" thing wherein the author states how xenophobic SoJ is, and how it seems Japan as a whole seems to be that way as well.

My question is, if that's true, why don't the Japanese harass gaijin like me on sight? True, they aren't communicating with us, but I blame that on both A)their refusal to speak English and B)our refusal to learn Japanese.

Though to some extent I notice they'll speak it to voice that they can't understand us all that well. But generally, we're on a Japanese game server. Not speaking Japanese, we took over a whole block.

My theory, unproven, is this: we haven't all made tremendous waves to make gameplay life hell for the native Japanese, but we haven't made tremendous waves to try and learn the tongue of the land (AKA learn and speak Japanese TO the Japanese).

I imagine if we were banned right now, no one (except maybe us) would care very much. Yet what if we were more active with talking to the JPs?

I mean, yeah sure, learning Japanese to play a single, solitary (and by some people's opinions "shitty") game is really going overkill, but think of all the perks you get from doing it: now you can play other video games in Japanese to help more stuff get localized (or play games that never will get the localization treatment without English patches), you can watch Japanese dubbed anime without the subs and GET what the hell they're saying, and you also have communication keys to another nation in the world, opening up a whole fount of possible knowledge.

It's why I'm taking Japanese this Fall, and why I'm so eager to visit (and maybe move to) Japan - because for all the "hate" stories I seem to hear about people who talk bad about Japan (and the suffering of gaijin there), saying it's this "bad anti-gaijin nation", I think I've not seen for myself whether they're just doing it wrong, or whether there's truth to their statements.

So yeah, long ass rant excluded, I think right now we fall into the realm of Sakai's "don't cause trouble and you can stay here" clause, which overrules that one clause in the ToS because in the end, it's Sakai that calls the shots. What he says, goes.

Your post reminded me this image.
I can't find it but it was an anime girl saying "Steps to play a Japanese game: A) Learn Japanese, B) Play the game"

I want just to clarify that mt statement of "Japanese hate us" follows one of the main arguments that SoJ uses for not opening the current game to the rest of the world (language translation, worldwide method to buy AC), that is "our japanese players will dislike us"

I have also read many post in this topic that say the haters are a minimum.
This is where its all confusing to me and where I get frustrated cause I don't understand whats the hold up.
Could you imagine how much SEGA would earn if there was an easier way to buy AC cash?
How many people around the world would be playing this game from day to night?
But no, instead they decided just to sit there during one year without saying a word, and when finally they talked, it was for saying "kthxbye" (As I stated before, I'm a believer of NA cancellation"
I mean, the game has potential (I don't think it is bad as others said), It could be one big hit worldwide.

Anyway, aside from that.
I can't speak for the others, but I myself tried to learn Japanese (I know some) and I do want to go at least once in my life to Japan.
I know my Katakana pretty well and that's one thing that helps A LOT because all the items in the game are written in Katakana.

I've really, really REALLY tried to learn Japanese. But it isn't English (I'm not from the US), or Spanish, or French etc. Japanese it's ranked as one of the most difficult languages around the globe, if it isn't THE most difficult. The time you have to spent memorizing all the Kanji, the huge ammount of variations there is with each symbol, and the perfection of your writing goes beyond what I can do with my time right now.

This last statement is not something to disagree with you. In fact I agree with all you have said, including your theory that sounds pretty logical to me.
I just want to express that, learning Japanese takes some time, like, a lot.

FerrickX
Jul 28, 2013, 02:39 PM
Your post reminded me this image.
I can't find it but it was an anime girl saying "Steps to play a Japanese game: A) Learn Japanese, B) Play the game"

I want just to clarify that mt statement of "Japanese hate us" follows one of the main arguments that SoJ uses for not opening the current game to the rest of the world (language translation, worldwide method to buy AC), that is "our japanese players will dislike us"

I have also read many post in this topic that say the haters are a minimum.
This is where its all confusing to me and where I get frustrated cause I don't understand whats the hold up.
Could you imagine how much SEGA would earn if there was an easier way to buy AC cash?
How many people around the world would be playing this game from day to night?
But no, instead they decided just to sit there during one year without saying a word, and when finally they talked, it was for saying "kthxbye" (As I stated before, I'm a believer of NA cancellation"
I mean, the game has potential (I don't think it is bad as others said), It could be one big hit worldwide.

Anyway, aside from that.
I can't speak for the others, but I myself tried to learn Japanese (I know some) and I do want to go at least once in my life to Japan.
I know my Katakana pretty well and that's one thing that helps A LOT because all the items in the game are written in Katakana.

I've really, really REALLY tried to learn Japanese. But it isn't English (I'm not from the US), or Spanish, or French etc. Japanese it's ranked as one of the most difficult languages around the globe, if it isn't THE most difficult. The time you have to spent memorizing all the Kanji, the huge ammount of variations there is with each symbol, and the perfection of your writing goes beyond what I can do with my time right now.

This last statement is not something to disagree with you. In fact I agree with all you have said, including your theory that sounds pretty logical to me.
I just want to express that, learning Japanese takes some time, like, a lot.

correction, Mandarin is ranked the highest, and the general consensus for Japanese is that its ranked 3rd

but other than that, they can't make the AC easier to obtain simply because of the policy

ChaosAngel92
Jul 28, 2013, 02:46 PM
correction, Mandarin is ranked the highest, and the general consensus for Japanese is that its ranked 3rd

but other than that, they can't make the AC easier to obtain simply because of the policy

Their policy that they can change whenever they please, such as adding the "No foreign access" to the ToS.
What is the second one?
Mandarin is really ranked the first?! I've never imagined that.
Now it's like a fashion to know Chinese Mandarin, who would have thought that there is a lot of people eager to learn the No.1 hardest language?

Jei182
Jul 28, 2013, 02:46 PM
Very True, I'd like to buy some of the cosmetic items but getting AC generally doesn't give enough value to warrant what I'd have to pay for it. .-.

I haven't bought one lick of AC. The Player shops and FUN scratches help. I just wish I was around for some of the older hairstyles and items etc. I do however wish that I could change some things about my character(s), but I'll just have to deal with the way I made them, unless I clone (remake them) on another account and eventually make them my redone replacements.

Overall, when there is something that I want and I have the money for that isn't available through other players in game, then I may consider buying AC, but for now even for those of us that can't afford it or don't feel like getting it, there is more than enough that we can buy in game through these means that can make our characters look more than ordinary.

FerrickX
Jul 28, 2013, 03:00 PM
Their policy that they can change whenever they please, such as adding the "No foreign access" to the ToS.
What is the second one?
Mandarin is really ranked the first?! I've never imagined that.
Now it's like a fashion to know Chinese Mandarin, who would have thought that there is a lot of people eager to learn the No.1 hardest language?

not what i meant, the policy states that you can only buy AC through yen only, and no foreign cards allowed

and yes, mandarin is ranked first, because its hard as hell, and people are not really that eager to learn it, mostly because its true to its level of difficulty and rank (most i know dropped out after a few months learning it)

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 28, 2013, 03:03 PM
I wrote the best post

RedRaz0r
Jul 28, 2013, 03:03 PM
not what i meant, the policy states that you can only buy AC through yen only, and no foreign cards allowed

and yes, mandarin is ranked first, because its hard as hell, and people are not really that eager to learn it, mostly because its true to its level of difficulty and rank (most i know dropped out after a few months learning it)

The only reason they don't accept our cards directly is because there is a technical issue with them actually getting paid. They used to accept them, and everyone that paid for ac got it for free, because due to some issue they weren't able to take our money.

ChaosAngel92
Jul 28, 2013, 03:04 PM
I haven't bought one lick of AC. The Player shops and FUN scratches help. I just wish I was around for some of the older hairstyles and items etc. I do however wish that I could change some things about my character(s), but I'll just have to deal with the way I made them, unless I clone (remake them) on another account and eventually make them my redone replacements.

Indeed, player shops and FUN help, but the problem is the Makeover room.
I'm not going to complaint about the desition of making the Makeover Room so restrictive to cashless people.
Changing the color of your hair was a wise movement to get extra money.
And I'm still frustrated I look like a zombie.

FerrickX
Jul 28, 2013, 03:05 PM
The only reason they don't accept our cards directly is because there is a technical issue with them actually getting paid. They used to accept them, and everyone that paid for ac got it for free, because due to some issue they weren't able to take our money.

ah yeah, wasn't there that one incident where people exploited that to get free AC ? totally forgot about that

Zenobia
Jul 28, 2013, 03:17 PM
Ugh ... EN is no different from JP players when it comes to skill or know how on things such as MPA~ I remember getting a little irritated at EN MPA on beach for inviting full parties of bots or boss rushing immediately despite the description/comment on the party.

JP are the same. There are those who follow, learn, and pay attention and those who do not.

There is a difference those who know what to do already that being the Japanese vs the couple to more of the English players who don't AKA don't know Japanese, don't have the English patch cause they never knew about ect.

Which is why I brought up what I said in my earlier post it's the English players or new one's lacking the info so they could better the English community and avoid these so called mistakes that keep happening and that we keep pointing.

I playing correctly and the right way didn't matter then we would use partner cards in all our MPA's like a lot of the English players do cause they don't know how bringing those in there hurt other players especially the Japanese. If playing correctly didn't matter we would be on the same scale as some of the players on b20 which a lot avoid cause as I said Japanese players have complained about that. There is a big difference in term of skill between the Japanese and English players and it doesn't change the fact that the Japanese players are indeed better overall or in general.

Also look at what you just said you said you got irritated at EN players not JP's just to be clear as you have not stated anything about getting irritated at them because it rarely happens.

Narrillnezzurh
Jul 28, 2013, 03:53 PM
ah yeah, wasn't there that one incident where people exploited that to get free AC ? totally forgot about that

If I recall correctly, it wasn't an exploit. It's just that the turnaround time on getting the payments verified on both ends was so long that the card provider would automatically deny the payment after the player had already received and spent their AC.

Zipzo
Jul 28, 2013, 04:00 PM
I saw what you edited out.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Yes, god forbid I make any attempt to be less confrontational, way to be a tool.

What do you even mean by this? I don't need to hear from you how people communicate in Japan.

KarakoYuri
Jul 28, 2013, 04:52 PM
Too bad we can't all just relax and enjoy the game regardless of region or out of game situations eh? I suppose there will always be the outlaws.

ChaosAngel92
Jul 28, 2013, 04:53 PM
Too bad we can't all just relax and enjoy the game regardless of region eh?

Aren't we all relaxed?
I'm relaxed.

KarakoYuri
Jul 28, 2013, 04:58 PM
Aren't we all relaxed?
I'm relaxed.
I'm a bit bummed to be honest. A few of my Japanese friends, including people I know outside of the game don't want to play because of the vocal minority fighting over nothing.

~Aya~
Jul 28, 2013, 05:02 PM
There is a difference those who know what to do already that being the Japanese vs the couple to more of the English players who don't AKA don't know Japanese, don't have the English patch cause they never knew about ect.

Which is why I brought up what I said in my earlier post it's the English players or new one's lacking the info so they could better the English community and avoid these so called mistakes that keep happening and that we keep pointing.

I playing correctly and the right way didn't matter then we would use partner cards in all our MPA's like a lot of the English players do cause they don't know how bringing those in there hurt other players especially the Japanese. If playing correctly didn't matter we would be on the same scale as some of the players on b20 which a lot avoid cause as I said Japanese players have complained about that. There is a big difference in term of skill between the Japanese and English players and it doesn't change the fact that the Japanese players are indeed better overall or in general.

Also look at what you just said you said you got irritated at EN players not JP's just to be clear as you have not stated anything about getting irritated at them because it rarely happens.

@Zenobia: Fellow JP do irritate me just the same. I meant that for both EN/JP

@Zipzo: You seem to keep misunderstanding me. We are better off dropping this. Thank you ^^

NoiseHERO
Jul 28, 2013, 05:12 PM
Yes, god forbid I make any attempt to be less confrontational, way to be a tool.

You know what I meant.

It's not just that you ran back and hid those words, it's that they were your actual thoughts. AND you bitched out on sayin' em! 8D

RACIST! >D

Metalsnake27
Jul 28, 2013, 05:28 PM
SEGA actually made an announcement before regarding this if I recall correctly didn't they?

Basically saying your welcome to stay here as long as you don't cause trouble... like that hacking incident when the game launched.... think we almost got IP locked out for that.

Honestly, most Japanese players I have seen don't generally care... at least those I have played with. As long as you do what your supposed to do and you can some-what communicate.......

Zenobia
Jul 28, 2013, 05:50 PM
@Zenobia: Fellow JP do irritate me just the same. I meant that for both EN/JP

Guess they have their moments to lol.

You know what I meant.

It's not just that you ran back and hid those words, it's that they were your actual thoughts. AND you bitched out on sayin' em! 8D

RACIST! >D

That's a low blow homie lol.

Scarlet-Star
Jul 28, 2013, 06:08 PM
I'm too scared to anything period, for some reason the japanese will think I AM japanese... but I do wind up getting some new players in my parties sometimes, since I always make my party the "Scarlet-Sqaudron" Party. (Which I do make it clear that it's a international party.

I've yet to get a Japanese player who is mean to actually join it, and I try to be entertaining so... yeah.

I also have it so I have a few shortcut phrases ready for communication mid-party, some of them explaining how I'm not very proficient in Japanese and how I want to be as respectable as possible.

Chdata
Jul 28, 2013, 06:17 PM
For the people who keep mentioning 'Why doesn't SEGA open the doors for us and make AC more available" or whatever...

That's the point of the English release of the game. English release of the game means they'll have servers set up in NA and whatnot for the player's connections/latency. They won't have to deal with converting US dollars to Yen as well, which was a problem once for them accepting foreign currency if I remember correctly. They couldn't get it converted at national banks or something so people were getting AC for free.

It's sort of like SoJ and SoA are completely separate companies.

Scarlet-Star
Jul 28, 2013, 06:27 PM
For the people who keep mentioning 'Why doesn't SEGA open the doors for us and make AC more available" or whatever...

That's the point of the English release of the game. English release of the game means they'll have servers set up in NA and whatnot for the player's connections/latency. They won't have to deal with converting US dollars to Yen as well, which was a problem once for them accepting foreign currency if I remember correctly. They couldn't get it converted at national banks or something so people were getting AC for free.

It's sort of like SoJ and SoA are completely separate companies.

They actually, sort of are...

Scarlet-Star
Jul 28, 2013, 06:46 PM
-accidental post-

sorry, the forums I double clicked post quick reply and I got the little emssage about posting times, I literally thought the forums were being wonky so I posted after the minute wait... just ignore this post,

Zipzo
Jul 28, 2013, 07:06 PM
You know what I meant.

RACIST! >D

I'm not sure how that makes me racist when I'm from Japan. I'm a halfie, given, but I did mean what I was originally going to say, but it's more comparable to the difference in calling someone a fat-ass or saying they need to work on their weight.

A person with the mind to avoid hateful conversation probably tries to go with B or neither.

This should be a clue to you that I'm at least aware of my forum etiquette and work on it sometimes. I don't think that's a bad thing.

NoiseHERO
Jul 28, 2013, 08:50 PM
I'm not sure how that makes me racist when I'm from Japan. I'm a halfie, given, but I did mean what I was originally going to say, but it's more comparable to the difference in calling someone a fat-ass or saying they need to work on their weight.

A person with the mind to avoid hateful conversation probably tries to go with B or neither.

This should be a clue to you that I'm at least aware of my forum etiquette and work on it sometimes. I don't think that's a bad thing.

yeah okay...

RACIST.

Rayokarna
Jul 28, 2013, 11:09 PM
When I went to the Fukuoka PSO2 Fan meet up there tends to be a lot of good will from other Japanese players to be honest. They tried to speak English to me most of the time and the only thing they complained about was their inability to communicate most of the time (a.k.a not knowing English) so it was fun hanging out with them.

I think the community is just insecure about a lack of understanding on both ends. If anything they are more surprised by people outside Japan actually liking the game if anything so it's alright. They also tend to be happy if you attempt to speak to them in Japanese cause it's at least you're making an effort to step out of you're comfort zone (Which many Japanese people find a hard time doing).

Asuni
Jul 28, 2013, 11:12 PM
All the Japanese I talk to don't care or think it's cool so far. My Japanese is good enough to communicate but I try to say sorry if I don't understand stuff. Or I copypasta it into googletranslate. I also have many Japanese friends on Skype who are great.

Cyclon
Jul 28, 2013, 11:12 PM
Basically, this entire foreign stuff feels pretty incomprehensible to me.

I mean think about it for a moment. At some point, Sakai basically gave hackers the opportunity to get all of us perma-banned from JP PSO2, us, aka the community quite a few of them have enjoyed tormenting for years. Here lied the chance of their lives to give a gigantic middle finger to thousands of people across the world and cause drama on these forums like never before...
And they didn't do it.

Also by now, for almost a year we've been in this situation where japanese people can get any of us banned on a whim, we, the ones that invaded their game, made a block ours, are actively sucking at everything around them, are actively being unreasonably loud in their faces, can't even understand what they say to us and aren't trying anyway; so basically, they have every tool they need to get rid of any of us eyesores in an instant...
And they aren't doing it.

So yeah. That's interesting but I fail to understand.

Also I'm aware the english community isn't like that. T'is for the joke. I think.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 28, 2013, 11:17 PM
When I went to the Fukuoka PSO2 Fan meet up there tends to be a lot of good will from other Japanese players to be honest. They tried to speak English to me most of the time and the only thing they complained about was their inability to communicate most of the time (a.k.a not knowing English) so it was fun hanging out with them.

I think the community is just insecure about a lack of understanding on both ends. If anything they are more surprised by people outside Japan actually liking the game if anything so it's alright. They also tend to be happy if you attempt to speak to them in Japanese cause it's at least you're making an effort to step out of you're comfort zone (Which many Japanese people find a hard time doing).

interesting to hear how some JP people feel, JP friend tells my whenever I try to speak to him in Japanese that I'm getting better and I tell him that back whenever he tries to speak English

Chdata
Jul 30, 2013, 09:11 PM
So the storal of the morey is that to reduce international turmoil, we as Americans must learn to bring out the Weeaboo in YOU.

It's funny cause now a larger percent of my autowords are Japanese with「English translations」next to them. (Aside from me adding Nue/Remi's spellcards as skill words).

And I happen to have some friends who are all like L0L weeaboo otakus want to eat Nyanners ***** chocolate sundae googirls kawaii naruto desu!

But that's another community entirely, it's pretty neat to see humans go to such lengths to break the limits of the spread of data between each other.

Blundy
Jul 30, 2013, 09:21 PM
i've only skimmed the thread so i may be a bit out of context but i think it's a bit dangerous to put an entire country under one ideological umbrella. I've met some parties that have shied away from me based on as simple of a greeting as "hello" but the vast majority have not cared in the least and once in awhile you'll run into someone who really wants to make the effort to get to speak to you in english. It's humbling really.

our sample size in this game is relatively small, that means that as individual players we have a lot of weight on how we get precieved. We're ambassadors, and in the grand scheme of things nobody probably really gives a damn.

just my experience.

ps: i tend to not really talk a lot when i play that may have something to do with it.

Zenobia
Jul 30, 2013, 09:26 PM
ps: i tend to not really talk a lot when i play that may have something to do with it.

During party play I don't talk and play at the same time either never liked that lol so I feel ya there.

Blundy
Jul 30, 2013, 09:27 PM
During party play I don't talk and play at the same time either never liked that lol so I feel ya there.

indeed i tend to zone out lol, when i drop in it's time to do work!

Chdata
Jul 30, 2013, 09:28 PM
I've been dying while typing a lot lately.

Mostly while explaining stuff to people, on how to be a better player.

ωωωωωωωωωωωωωωωωωωωωωωωωωωωωωωωωωωωωω

Punisher106
Jul 30, 2013, 09:37 PM
My autowords are most definitely in english, aside from a few which are in japanese, broadcasted to the public channel (Incapacitation Autowords), but as soon as I see a random person with all caps, no caps, or flat-out japanese in their name, I frantically go to disable my autowords, and try to mainly hide the fact that I'm an outsider. Mostly, it works, but there are instances where they find out I'm a foreigner. Strangely enough, they're perfectly fine with it, and speak english to me. I do apologize for having them talk in english so I can understand, but they say they insist, and it's not a problem. I've had a few JP players friend me, with them knowing full and well that I was a foreigner.

FacelessRed
Jul 30, 2013, 10:01 PM
A lot of JP players join me time to time and even though my auto words are all in english. I res them, heal them etc. and they thank me and we often dance together at the end of the mission in the campship.

Zeik2006
Jul 30, 2013, 10:05 PM
I make no attempts to hide the fact I'm an English player on any of my three accounts and I'm fine. I think some of you are worried over nothing.

Zenobia
Jul 30, 2013, 10:16 PM
I make no attempts to hide the fact I'm an English player on any of my three accounts and I'm fine. I think some of you are worried over nothing.

What point of better safe than sorry don't you understand? Its good you make no attempts my hat goes off to you, but others who love this game would rather take a different approach and play it safe.

Be a little understanding with your words if you can.

ChaosAngel92
Jul 30, 2013, 10:24 PM

Ok, now this is a total legitimate reason why they would block our cards.

But still makes me wonder, why do they added the "No foreign access" to the ToS?

Sylphia
Jul 30, 2013, 10:26 PM
To the OP, the sega stance is due in part to 1. the Japanese do not rate the highest at business skills, and it can be a simple misjudgement to include the no foriegn IP's, and not accept foriegn cc's etc. But more likely, 2. I'm sure that most of that is because they are in negotiations with other regions to market the game there, psoNA/EU for example, and part of those negotiations include IP bans so the new region can have a warm fuzzy feeling that they'll have a market.

And on pso2NA/EU, I would guess that alot of the roadblocks could easily be attributed to hollywood, and the Japanese companies that represent the seiyuu. Licensing of seiyuu is very serious stuff, and ofc hollywood is going to want thier own voice actors on the pso2NA/EU version, so it could take years, if ever, for it to be released. I won't even consider pso2NA/EU if they dub it. English subtitles, fine, fansubbed, the better w. But omg, people that come in to record something without even knowing what it is, and reading a script picking thier nose? No thank you. Content not withstanding. Oh heh dub-vs-sub rant off :D

As far as the community goes... whole different issue.

Syanas
Jul 30, 2013, 10:43 PM
I don't make much small talk while partying, but all of the JP players I've partied with have been very civil and quite funny as well, which is more than what I can say for some of the EN players I've met. They're rather rare on ship 5 though, as far as I can tell.

I actually meet more people who don't talk at all, and it's not as if I've only been hanging out in the PC & Vita blocks either. They leave everything to their autowords and shortcuts to do the talking for them, and that actually kind of turns me off to trying to reach out to people. But that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they're Japanese and I'm not.

I think of people on PSO2 more as gamers than anything else. Therefore, I treat them as such unless they specifically say otherwise. It has nothing to do with whether or not they're Japanese or not, if they're screwing up an emergency code or generally being an asshat, I'll speak up in their preferred language.

As for the original point of the thread, I was actually surprised PSO2 didn't have an IP block. It's been the trend thus far for Japan's MMO servers, so I view this as a positive change.

ChaosAngel92
Jul 30, 2013, 10:47 PM
To the OP, the sega stance is due in part to 1. the Japanese do not rate the highest at business skills, and it can be a simple misjudgement to include the no foriegn IP's, and not accept foriegn cc's etc. But more likely, 2. I'm sure that most of that is because they are in negotiations with other regions to market the game there, psoNA/EU for example, and part of those negotiations include IP bans so the new region can have a warm fuzzy feeling that they'll have a market.

And on pso2NA/EU, I would guess that alot of the roadblocks could easily be attributed to hollywood, and the Japanese companies that represent the seiyuu. Licensing of seiyuu is very serious stuff, and ofc hollywood is going to want thier own voice actors on the pso2NA/EU version, so it could take years, if ever, for it to be released. I won't even consider pso2NA/EU if they dub it. English subtitles, fine, fansubbed, the better w. But omg, people that come in to record something without even knowing what it is, and reading a script picking thier nose? No thank you. Content not withstanding. Oh heh dub-vs-sub rant off :D

As far as the community goes... whole different issue.

Well, I don't know about Japan, but I believe you that SEGA hasn't been that smart on business over the last few years.

If PSO2 NA/EU/AN is holding up because of he voices, then it would be one of the most sad points of all gaming history. Delaying a good game cause of the voices? By god sake, mute them! We can read! I'm not WATCHING A FREAKING MOVIE!
(I know it's not your fault lol, but I needed to get that out of my system)

Sylphia
Jul 30, 2013, 11:05 PM
Consider that now, anime is licenced for NA before production begins.... I'm sure it's a huge holdup or deal breaker (will I ever see episode 450 of keroro? ; ; ). As far as the whole seiyuu contracts etc. I found that out when I got the first disk of kodomo no omocha. I wanted to hear the season1OP so bad, but it was s2 op, and the seiyuus' voice was cut from the episode, silence and subs... all due to licensing.

Although I do smile when Aki shows up for a EC, since ofc it's keroro in a pekopon suit. www

Asuni
Jul 30, 2013, 11:48 PM
My autowords are most definitely in english, aside from a few which are in japanese, broadcasted to the public channel (Incapacitation Autowords), but as soon as I see a random person with all caps, no caps, or flat-out japanese in their name, I frantically go to disable my autowords, and try to mainly hide the fact that I'm an outsider. Mostly, it works, but there are instances where they find out I'm a foreigner. Strangely enough, they're perfectly fine with it, and speak english to me. I do apologize for having them talk in english so I can understand, but they say they insist, and it's not a problem. I've had a few JP players friend me, with them knowing full and well that I was a foreigner.

Outlanders should never go into the Pridelands.

heheh get it LION KING

Zeik2006
Jul 31, 2013, 12:01 AM
My point was, if they wanted to ban/report you they would have started doing it already. The only people who get banned are the one's who deserve it.

Zenobia
Jul 31, 2013, 12:08 AM
My point was, if they wanted to ban/report you they would have started doing it already. The only people who get banned are the one's who deserve it.

But that point was expounded upon already....fact still remains though should still be careful.