PDA

View Full Version : Does the English post not make EVERYTHING in English?

Imjake
Jul 29, 2013, 02:07 AM
Some of the text in game is not in English despite having the most recent version of the English patch.
Is this normal?

vantwan123
Jul 29, 2013, 02:09 AM
no, your game must be bugged for some reason

Syklo
Jul 29, 2013, 02:09 AM
english patch*
and not everything is client sided, meaning not everything can be translated.

Rei Rei
Jul 29, 2013, 02:13 AM
I haven't got the english patch myself, but most of my friends do. If your talking about shops or character text, weapons etc then yes they won't be in english, the reason for this is that those bits of text are server side meaning its harder to change them to english, where as things like client orders and characters names are client side meaning they are stored in your computer game files and all it takes to change them is renaming them with the correct english translation.

So long story short yes it is normal.

Maronji
Jul 29, 2013, 02:20 AM
english patch*
and not everything is client sided, meaning not everything can be translated.

This.

Also, you're greatly underestimating the amount of text this game has lying around. For example, none of the message packs are translated, much of the "Talk" and "Accepting/Turning In X Client Order" chatter text isn't translated (if any at all), only Lisa's partner card description is translated last I checked... etc.

The bigger things that people need to be able to play the game without having to look up guides (quest/CO names, interface, etc.) always have top priority over other game elements. AIDA's been picking up the slack with a crew of her own (I think?) for the other smaller things (game tips, tutorials, CO flavor text), and AIDA and Kion are heading the Story Patch project...

This isn't a light novel, a VN, or an anime episode you're dealing with, you know. You're dealing with an online game that keeps expanding. It's just not that easy to cover all the bases.

Imjake
Jul 29, 2013, 02:21 AM
Thanks for the quick response guys! 'ppreciate it!