PDA

View Full Version : Code:EPISODE2 Update Part 2 Preview Video Posted

Maronji
Jul 29, 2013, 02:09 AM
Watch it while it's hot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-KTDtpi8Po

Summary: New Bingo Card, new pirate-themed AC Scratch, Photon Chairs, new rare enemy Mesetan and a new EQ(?). That's about it, really.

EvilMag
Jul 29, 2013, 02:20 AM
Beach Wars confirmed to be a shitty EQ now.

Lv50 enemies are you fucking serious?

MetalDude
Jul 29, 2013, 02:20 AM
If this is all for the 7th, then the only thing I'm actually looking forward to is the FI weapon buffs (and photon chairs).

HIT0SHI
Jul 29, 2013, 02:23 AM
Let's see:
Pirate CAST.......check
Pirate flag......check
Photon Chairs.... BhffjjhddygfsryCHECK!!!
PHOTON CHAIR JUMPS........ALL OF MY CHECKS!!!
Meseta Boss........atleast its good to see more meseta after a meseta streak instead of rares....check
Invading shores as pirate in PSO2.....check

I can see this is gonna be awesome <3

Rei Rei
Jul 29, 2013, 02:23 AM
Love the new outfits and accessories especially the female pirate outfit and eyepatch :3(nagisa fan).
That new EQ is probably gonna help me find that Agito faster too :D

EDIT:Just read evil mag's post and rewatched.......sega screwed me over again D:

RedRaz0r
Jul 29, 2013, 02:36 AM
Ew, the cake sisters.

Do not want.

Skye-Fox713
Jul 29, 2013, 02:38 AM
I think i'll be getting the new outfits

RedRaz0r
Jul 29, 2013, 02:38 AM
Also, inb4 photon chairs 1000ac a piece.

strikerhunter
Jul 29, 2013, 02:41 AM
Really? EQ Lv. 50 enemies only? Agito and Diez Liu only drops from lvl 51+ Fjorgalla/Bal Blundarl. Sega screw us badly. We don't to farm unsellable lvl 11+ PAs!!!!!

Wishful thinking that the rares are higher levels in this EQ or that the EQ's level is actually at least Lv.51.

And oh god the cake sisters, I can barely tolerate their voices in AQs and now more of them -_-

This scratch although is quiet promising.

Xaeris
Jul 29, 2013, 02:45 AM
- Yup, totally moving my room to Skyland.
- Goodie, a proper eyepatch. This rose thing is an okay placeholder, but Johann needs the real thing.
- Another paleo? Sega, you're murdering my wallet here.
- Chairs can jump, all of my YES.
- Mesetan's got mad swag yo.
- Fishnet stockings? You can't say Sega doesn't know who its audience is.

yoshiblue
Jul 29, 2013, 02:46 AM
Cheese cake for everyone!
Live on top of mountains! Like a true martial arts master!
Fanning!
Jumping photon chairs!

Looking good so far.

Daggers + Bandana = Grant Danasty. Or Zoro for katana users.

D-Inferno
Jul 29, 2013, 02:50 AM
I like that the cake sisters are back; easy cake farming (aka extra Quartz/Mizer/Elder Soul).

Kilich
Jul 29, 2013, 03:10 AM
Gloves and more stockings? Great.
Photons chairs look fun.

TaigaUC
Jul 29, 2013, 03:12 AM
Can't shake the feeling that episode 2 has been more like regular updates than an expansion.
Not just in terms of content, but presentation and so forth. Everything mostly feels the same.
Other games usually give a fresh feel with each new expansion.

Doesn't help that the updates have been spread out over such long periods and feel incomplete.
Katanas and Bows don't have as many PAs as the others, and their itemization is severely lacking in variety.
It doesn't take them long to throw in stuff like red versions, so it's hard to just let that kind of thing go.

I haven't been playing much since episode 2, because if I come back in a few months everything will be more fleshed out.
All the absurdly rare discs will be cheap as hell, and there'll tons of powerful Katanas and Bows that make them much more easily accessible.

Rien
Jul 29, 2013, 03:13 AM
Really? EQ Lv. 50 enemies only? Agito and Diez Liu only drops from lvl 51+ Fjorgalla/Bal Blundarl. Sega screw us badly. We don't to farm unsellable lvl 11+ PAs!!!!!

I do. I need Sacred Skewer and Backhand Smash 14/15 >.>

Ce'Nedra
Jul 29, 2013, 03:19 AM
Aside the EQ being lv50 enemies therefore trolling us just like Wind & Rain this update is decent I guess. I want the new team room and matterboard already.

Also hope they add more Katana and Bow rares...seriouslt lacking them

Aine
Jul 29, 2013, 03:31 AM
I guess it's also worth mentioning that at the Sapporo event Sakai mentioned they'd be making changes some time in autumn (probably by the time SH comes) to stop people doing exit bursts, or at least crystal farming.

RedRaz0r
Jul 29, 2013, 03:35 AM
I like that the cake sisters are back; easy cake farming (aka extra Quartz/Mizer/Elder Soul).

No.
No.
No no no no no.

Zenobia
Jul 29, 2013, 03:41 AM
No.
No.
No no no no no.

Quit hatin.

Anyway Mesetan dropping a crap load of Meseta would love to see what she drops in VH.

Also need that Pirate durag and le~photon chairs.

Wish list: Laia Repca...sega make it happen quick pls.

Ce'Nedra
Jul 29, 2013, 04:12 AM
I guess it's also worth mentioning that at the Sapporo event Sakai mentioned they'd be making changes some time in autumn (probably by the time SH comes) to stop people doing exit bursts, or at least crystal farming.

Wonder how they want to stop crystal farming. Its a random code as far I know and they can't stop people from running a quest over and over till one spawns o.o

Shame about exit bursts, they were fun to do.

jooozek
Jul 29, 2013, 04:33 AM

seriously, the droprates in this game are abysmal, exit burst help a bit, but only a bit and now they are going to remove that? i understand that loads people were butthurt that other people were crystal farming and exit bursting while they couldn't because they are too inept to communicate with other people or to get in teams, or something, i don't know
reminds me how SEGA made 10* not tradeable/sellable because "QQ everyone runs with a tigredor"
seriously, the fuck

Zenobia
Jul 29, 2013, 04:41 AM
Sega trolling hard with that one boy. INB4 mass complaints.

Alisha
Jul 29, 2013, 04:44 AM
i hope we get azanami's voice. looks like there's some new eyes in there too.

edit: oh god that dance 10...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhRYJUOzaZ8

Shinamori
Jul 29, 2013, 06:08 AM
Crystal codes were rare to being with. Dunno why they'd nerf them.

BIG OLAF
Jul 29, 2013, 06:20 AM
Shame you can't have stockings and tattoos. Honestly, they should be totally different things.

Shirokami
Jul 29, 2013, 06:48 AM
If this is all for the 7th, then the only thing I'm actually looking forward to is the FI weapon buffs (and photon chairs).

FI weapon buffs?

Kondibon
Jul 29, 2013, 06:51 AM
FI weapon buffs?

They're decreasing the hitstop on knuckles and boosting the damage % for dagger gear.

@topic: All I'm excited about here is Mesetan and Photon chairs, but Mesetan is probably going to be rarer than Mr. Umbrella, and Photon chairs will probably cost a fortune.

Ezodagrom
Jul 29, 2013, 06:52 AM
FI weapon buffs?
http://bumped.org/psublog/photon-chairs-are-back-in-phantasy-star-online-2/

The Fighter class will see some improvements in August. Knuckles will have shorter hitstop frames, and the gear on Twin Dagger PAs will have improved accumulating rates in power.

Shirokami
Jul 29, 2013, 06:55 AM
http://bumped.org/psublog/photon-chairs-are-back-in-phantasy-star-online-2/

They're decreasing the hitstop on knuckles and boosting the damage % for dagger gear.

@topic: All I'm excited about here is Mesetan and Photon chairs, but Mesetan is probably going to be rarer than Mr. Umbrella, and Photon chairs will probably cost a fortune.

Thank you both.
I see, it was about time. Wands got their hitstop shortened, why knuckles didn't?
Also, inb4 dagger gear overbuff.

yoshiblue
Jul 29, 2013, 07:37 AM
Soooooooo making a team of only pirates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaWU1CmrJNc

Punisher106
Jul 29, 2013, 08:32 AM

No.
No.
No no no no no.

This just about fits it perfectly. :T

Kitoshi
Jul 29, 2013, 08:33 AM
This looks......... not interesting at all.

I can't care less about all the accessories, the caseal parts look alright but nothing great.

Mesetan, as been said earlier in the thread, nothing like some good old meseta after a full meseta streak.
New EQ doesn't look to be anything special either.

I was hoping for some extra katana's maybe, there is quite a few bow's to go around at the moment, some even relatively simple to get (10*'s that is) but 10* katana's, well, we all know how *cough* easy *cough* they are to get.

Can't have it all i guess, patiently continue farming the existing mobs and wait for the caseal parts.

gigawuts
Jul 29, 2013, 08:34 AM
Pirate captain hat? Pirate hat cast head? Photon chairs of every color I could want that move and jump? New cast parts?

Was this update lifted straight from my dreams?

Niris
Jul 29, 2013, 08:36 AM
Space pirates.

Zenobia
Jul 29, 2013, 08:38 AM
PSO2 Pirates of the Caribbean.

Now...who is gonna be the PSO2 version of Jack Sparrow...anyone no maybe possibly?

gigawuts
Jul 29, 2013, 08:39 AM
PSO2 Pirates of the Caribbean.

Now...who is gonna be the PSO2 version of Jack Sparrow...anyone no maybe possibly?

I propose Nassandra, what with being a man and all, but only if I get to be Gibbs.

edit: Actually no I want to be the monkey named Jack, but I get to wear my hat anyway.

Zenobia
Jul 29, 2013, 08:41 AM
I propose Nassandra, what with being a man and all, but only if I get to be Gibbs.

edit: Actually no I want to be the monkey named Jack.

This....could actually work out o3o!

Punisher106
Jul 29, 2013, 09:15 AM
Dangit, I'd want to be Jack. Oh, well. :V

gigawuts
Jul 29, 2013, 09:18 AM
Ok that's cool, I fit better as Gibbs anyway. Literally. I'm chubchub.

Niris
Jul 29, 2013, 09:24 AM
The rest of us will all be Will Turner's because we are all super fabulously handsome.

Puppet_Papaya
Jul 29, 2013, 09:26 AM
All my expectations regarding photon chairs have been exceeded. Good show, Sega.

Chacron
Jul 29, 2013, 10:26 AM
The caseal pirate parts look bad compared to the regular female pirate ones. Its looks like she's sighing in the video and saying 'I know, I think these parts look awful too'.

Might just be the chest piece though, that can be easily remedied at least.

HIT0SHI
Jul 29, 2013, 12:11 PM
I just got an idea!

If the photon chairs are not locked to be used in the lobby only, we could do photon chair races on any exploration level! Especially with the new jump feature, dodging enemies while racing could be really fun!

Kitoshi
Jul 29, 2013, 12:15 PM
The caseal pirate parts look bad compared to the regular female pirate ones. Its looks like she's sighing in the video and saying 'I know, I think these parts look awful too'.

Might just be the chest piece though, that can be easily remedied at least.

The chest piece is pretty terrible.
I wish sega would stop trying to make caseal looks human so much, and throw in a bit more of a mechanical style.

But i guess if it doesn't have big boobs, nobody wants it.

Kondibon
Jul 29, 2013, 12:17 PM
I just got an idea!

If the photon chairs are not locked to be used in the lobby only, we could do photon chair races on any exploration level! Especially with the new jump feature, dodging enemies while racing could be really fun!

I will only accept if this is the BGM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC0hV3dea9g

The chest piece is pretty terrible.
I wish sega would stop trying to make caseal looks human so much, and throw in a bit more of a mechanical style.

But i guess if it doesn't have big boobs, nobody wants it.

Caseals are in a weird space, think about it. If someone wanted a more mechanical looking cast why would they make them female in the first place? I wouldn't complain for having more mechanical looking parts for caseals, but I made Milla specifically because of the mecha musume look caseals have.

MetalDude
Jul 29, 2013, 01:15 PM
Caseals are in a weird space, think about it. If someone wanted a more mechanical looking cast why would they make them female in the first place? I wouldn't complain for having more mechanical looking parts for caseals, but I made Milla specifically because of the mecha musume look caseals have.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/classes/hucasceal.jpg

Kondibon
Jul 29, 2013, 01:19 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/classes/hucasceal.jpg

That's a hucaseal all right... You aren't trying to tell me that looks more mechanical than what we have now are you...?

NeverDT
Jul 29, 2013, 01:22 PM
well, we did just get 3 cast -> caseal conversions over the last few months, if that's not "mechanical" I don't know what is...

it's more of a matter of people actually wearing them. I have seriously never seen anyone wearing any part of fauma or dista, and maybe like 2 people wearing ronia (other than myself)

but overall, screw dewmans, I really like the visual options for caseal

MetalDude
Jul 29, 2013, 01:26 PM
That's a hucaseal all right... You aren't trying to tell me that looks more mechanical than what we have now are you...?

To my knowledge (it's been a while), you have to try pretty hard to get the robotic face look which is my problem with caseals in general. Most caseals I've seen just have that Lisa-esque soul stealing stare. Yes, the appearance is humanoid but it's still distinctly cast much in the nature of male casts.

Kondibon
Jul 29, 2013, 01:30 PM
To my knowledge (it's been a while), you have to try pretty hard to get the robotic face look which is my problem with caseals in general. Most caseals I've seen just have that Lisa-esque soul stealing stare. Yes, the appearance is humanoid but it's still distinctly cast much in the nature of male casts.Oh, in that case I agree. We need more mechanical looking female casts faces.

strikerhunter
Jul 29, 2013, 01:43 PM
Oh, in that case I agree. We need more mechanical looking female casts faces.

I rather go for actually having caseal helmets just like how cast's have helmets for their face rather than facial textures. Caseal non-flesh faces helmets like in PSU are acceptable.

I find it really irritating that the majority of caseal parts in PSO2 are much worse than of PSU's closet.

Most arms are nice, some leg parts are actually very nice but are just too fleshy, and the majority of body pieces are fleshy.
Sure, I don't mind some flesh/skin showing out but does it have to be nearly the entire part?

gigawuts
Jul 29, 2013, 01:48 PM
Dude, that helmet is my face.

This ain't PSU.

Racist.

Kondibon
Jul 29, 2013, 01:49 PM
I rather go for actually having caseal helmets just like how cast's have helmets for their face rather than facial textures. Caseal non-flesh faces helmets like in PSU are acceptable.

I find it really irritating that the majority of caseal parts in PSO2 are much worse than of PSU's closet.

Most arms are nice, some leg parts are actually very nice but are just too fleshy, and the majority of body pieces are fleshy.
Sure, I don't mind some flesh/skin showing out but does it have to be nearly the entire part?Well I'd prefer if they just gave us more helmet-like head parts, and kept the faces separate so we can mix and match them.

The trick to keep "skin" from showing would be to give your caseal an irregular skin tone. I'd prefer a mix, though I can't really understand what their obsession with caseal thighs are, as that's always the part that gets "skin" showing the most on their leg parts. ._.

Alisha
Jul 29, 2013, 01:50 PM
if azanami's outfit s all race i will rage hard

Kitoshi
Jul 29, 2013, 02:14 PM

The choice being there is a good thing off course, i meant it more like the original (none cast conversion parts) lately have been very much more towards the human then the mecha side.

Some humanity in the design i have no problem with at all, but some of those parts are like *look at this caseal, it has boobs and thighs just like fleshies!!111

Luckily we off course have the choice to not use them, it's just a shame they are the dominant caseal parts.

well, we did just get 3 cast -> caseal conversions over the last few months, if that's not "mechanical" I don't know what is...

it's more of a matter of people actually wearing them. I have seriously never seen anyone wearing any part of fauma or dista, and maybe like 2 people wearing ronia (other than myself)

but overall, screw dewmans, I really like the visual options for caseal

I personally use the ronia upper in combination with the rosen schwartz legs and arms, i have also used the ronia arms for a good while.

I really like the fauma shoulders as well (my caseal SP actually uses them), just not the upper/lower that much cause i wanted a more "slick" rather then bulky look, the same is the case on dista.

Oh, in that case I agree. We need more mechanical looking female casts faces.

The faces would make a huge difference already, and the skin tone.
Skin tone wise my caseal is a bit messed up being far to human, but that is a mistake I made myself, that I can't fix at the moment.

strikerhunter
Jul 29, 2013, 02:33 PM
Dude, that helmet is my face.

This ain't PSU.

Racist.

How was I racist? If anything I say was, then I never meant that.

By face I meant flesh, by Helmet I mean something like what casts have. Most caseal headparts are closer to hairstyle than helmets.

Pretty much what Kondibon said, give more helmet-parts and keep the faces separate to create some more creativity.

MetalDude
Jul 29, 2013, 02:42 PM
I... didn't think gigawuts was being 100% serious.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 29, 2013, 02:48 PM
Just chairs and dances for me

Cast parts don't look like they'll work for me

D-Gold
Jul 29, 2013, 03:14 PM
I think I will get the full set of the new caseal parts because they will be cheap. (Ty PSO2 economy.)
I am not a big fan of the torso or the head parts but I am sure I will find a use for them sometime. (like haloween or something lol)

strikerhunter
Jul 29, 2013, 03:24 PM
I am not a big fan of the torso or the head parts but I am sure I will find a use for them sometime. (like haloween or something lol)

And then bye that time somehow their prices skyrocket 8-) ty PSO2 economy lol

Chik'Tikka
Jul 29, 2013, 03:36 PM

yep, i sat in the team room and watched the shop a couple days ago for the bikini skirt ticket, saw about 10 of them hovering around 4.4-4.6, hitting refresh every 30 secs or so, around 12:30 AM my time (Chicago time) they all suddenly sold and prices jumped to just under 5 mill, that's been happening it seems every night for the past few days+^_^+ someone out there with a lot of meseta is hording+^_^+
totally reminds me of that Thailand HDD thing after the typhoon, don't tell there aren't warehouses across the globe with gazillions of HDDs that were never and still aren't being placed on sale+^_^+

D-Gold
Jul 29, 2013, 03:56 PM

(not counting head parts) caseal parts usually never go up really high(even the older ones)

Fleshy outfits on the other hand (-_-) (looks at outfits that go in the millions on release day)

strikerhunter
Jul 29, 2013, 03:58 PM
yep, i sat in the team room and watched the shop a couple days ago for the bikini skirt ticket, saw about 10 of them hovering around 4.4-4.6, hitting refresh every 30 secs or so, around 12:30 AM my time (Chicago time) they all suddenly sold and prices jumped to just under 5 mill, that's been happening it seems every night for the past few days+^_^+ someone out there with a lot of meseta is hording+^_^+
totally reminds me of that Thailand HDD thing after the typhoon, don't tell there aren't warehouses across the globe with gazillions of HDDs that were never and still aren't being placed on sale+^_^+

I can name much more costumes that skyrocketed than just the recent.

One example: During the Anniversary when the Student Repca (Edited: snow) came out, it was standing around 140k during the first few weeks it was out. Now it's standing around 1.2mil-1.9mil.

Tickets however skyrocket in price easily because they are one-time used and must wait for revivals. Watch, after the scratch is gone, tickets that where 100k will sore up to 500k+

(not counting head parts) caseal parts usually never go up really high(even the older ones)

Fleshy outfits on the other hand (-_-) (looks at outfits that go in the millions on release day)

Only several parts goes up high but never that high, such as Lamia and for some reason hilbert not too long ago. Most just either stay stable or increase up little. Most of the unwanted are your stable prices.

Fleshy's outfits skyrocket like crazy. When I bought Zelsusis 5 weeks ago it was 320K for a black one, now the regular ones went up to 600k and white/blacks closing in 1mil. I barely see any caseal parts that goes up that high.

Z-0
Jul 29, 2013, 04:12 PM
One example: During the Anniversary when the Student Repca (default color) came out, it was standing around 140k during the first few weeks it was out. Now it's standing around 1.2mil-1.9mil.
Um... no, Student Repca (default) was always 3 mil or more (it's 3.4mil). Red was always over a million too.

Gama
Jul 29, 2013, 04:14 PM
i wonder how will we obtain said chars.

will it be an animation?

will everyone get one?

if everyone gets one, will the collors be diched out randomly? what controlls the color?.... etc etc etc....

Gardios
Jul 29, 2013, 04:14 PM
Meh, I'll just get the M costume.

Also I don't understand the hype behind photon chairs.

Gama
Jul 29, 2013, 04:17 PM
Meh, I'll just get the M costume.

Also I don't understand the hype behind photon chairs.

PHOTON CHAIR RACING!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDkGWCyfX50

its allot more fun then it looks!

also we got jumping now!

wohooo!

gigawuts
Jul 29, 2013, 04:17 PM
YOU WEREN'T THERE MAN

YOU WEREN'T THERE

strikerhunter
Jul 29, 2013, 04:20 PM
Um... no, Student Repca (default) was always 3 mil or more (it's 3.4mil). Red was always over a million too.

Really? Must be looking at the wrong color then. I remember buying it cheaply when it first release for an awkward 300k (probably put up by accident price) and now selling it for 2.9mil a month later.

Edit: My found my mistake, it was the snow student repca that was the one I'm talking about.

Regardless, still proves the point that fleshy costumes generally have higher price values than caseals.

Z-0
Jul 29, 2013, 04:41 PM
These Photon Chairs suck because you don't "push" anymore, you just move.

Boring as fuck man.

gigawuts
Jul 29, 2013, 04:45 PM
These Photon Chairs suck because you don't "push" anymore, you just move.

Boring as fuck man.

In before a J2K macro fixes yet another terrible Sega feature implementation.

disaster.report
Jul 29, 2013, 05:12 PM
Love the new outfits and accessories especially the female pirate outfit and eyepatch :3(nagisa fan).
That new EQ is probably gonna help me find that Agito faster too :D

EDIT:Just read evil mag's post and rewatched.......sega screwed me over again D:

I want Nagisa's outfit and sword so bad...

Reiketsu
Jul 29, 2013, 06:00 PM
Hmm... I want the female pirate outfit and the chinese room design, but other than that there's nothing of interest :/
Episode 2 just started and the game's already getting boring again for me, lol...

Chik'Tikka
Jul 29, 2013, 06:16 PM
PHOTON CHAIR RACING!

PSO-spindash,shadow and darklinkk chair race - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDkGWCyfX50)

its allot more fun then it looks!

also we got jumping now!

wohooo!

yes... but I'm worried about that average 170 MS latency, such latency means death in all FPS games and usually a loss in racers+^_^+ and expect that to be doubled as the Server acts as host connection and must send a second 170 MS packet to update everyone's positions+^_^+ if both players started at the same time, then from the perspective of both, each would be winning as the other would be a good 3' behind the other, you would need a tertiary observer with a decent connection to the server to watch the race to determine actual winner+^_^+

Z-0
Jul 29, 2013, 06:28 PM
Hmm... I want the female pirate outfit and the chinese room design, but other than that there's nothing of interest :/
Episode 2 just started and the game's already getting boring again for me, lol...
I felt the burn shortly after E2 came out considering we got mostly nothing new lol

Cyron Tanryoku
Jul 29, 2013, 06:30 PM
I like how the story didn't even start until a week later

Emp
Jul 29, 2013, 06:33 PM
I need that that pirate bandanna.

Are those photon chairs gonna be free?