PDA

View Full Version : Braver questions

Valduvius
Jul 29, 2013, 03:50 PM
I just started playing a few days ago and I have found most of the answers that I look for on these forums. but I could not find much about (Katana) Braver armor or Mag information, at least in regards to which stats i should focus on. Im assuming for the MAG primarily S-ATK and/or Dex but not to sure how much of each; Is it the same for armor as well, just with an added Def prioritization?

I also have a question about sub-classing and advanced classes. For sub-classing on a braver the best one Br/Hu? And this is because Bravers don't technically have an advanced class?

Which PAs should i be Using/have?

And Lastly could my build. Working towards this:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?05bGb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ik0lbI n0000000lb000009b000009b00000ib000000lb000000lOdB4 SdncKsNsS0000

Is this good?

I apologize if this is alot and/or thread that covers these; I have spent a while looking for answers to these that i may have just missed them.

Should I even worry about Bow COs if im going pure katana? or is *free* Exp free Exp?

Thanks

Player ID:Orsonuga Character: Dante lvl 24 Braver
If anyone wants to party up

yoshiblue
Jul 29, 2013, 05:12 PM
Hello and welcome to PSOW!
We hope your experience is pleasant and enjoyable!
May you make many friends and learn many things here!

Now that introductions are out of the way, it looks like a pretty solid Katana build. Going to have to agree with the S-atk and Dex build for your mag. Always good to have an idea of what you want to do, just be weary of any class choice change. Lots of Dex for your mag is good though. Your best bet is to go Hunter next as a subclass.

-The only PA that comes in mind is Sakura End. Seems to be everyone's go to PA. More will be released in the future so its hard to say for sure.

-Bow COs are completely do able and totally worth it. Its even possible with the all class bow. Any CO is worth the grab.

-As for armor, the class focuses on being a glass cannon of some sorts so def gains won't be that high. Most armor you get from your units and I have to agree that HP gains are better than R/T/S-Def gains.

And hey, if you still need to learn something give the Quick Answers for Quick Questions (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195866) thread a pass.
If your still looking for a team, be sure to check out our list of teams (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201629) here in PSOW!

~Yoshiblue of FEZ's one man welcoming committee~

Evangelion X.XX
Jul 29, 2013, 05:42 PM
>Valduvius:

a) Best subclass for Braver in terms of DPS would be Hunter.

b) If you're only going to use Katana (no Bullet Bows then I think you should build a pure S-atk mag); that way if you play Hunter or Fighter, you can use this mag for them too. If you do this, then you can distribute the remaining SP from "Braver Mag" into "Weak Stance Up"; "Weak Stance" is definitely a worthwhile skill on bosses, IMO, or if Weak Bullet has been applied.

c) Usually I just spam the heck out of the PA Asagiri-Rendan (best PA I think, IMO) since it closes the distance between you and your enemy, seems to have invincibility frames, and the damage isn't to shabby either; I simply abuse this PA.

d) Yes, there is a very important Client Order from Azanami that requires you to use Bullet Bow on Quartz Dragon ("The Perfect Braver"), along with Katana on Big Vardha and Fang Banthers for +5 SP. So at least worry about Bullet Bows up to this point.

It should be noted that when I play Braver, I too, disregard Bullet Bows and opt for Katanas instead, simply because it's in tune with my playstyle (after awhile, mid-to-long-ranged-fighting-styles put me to sleep).

Valduvius
Jul 29, 2013, 08:46 PM
Ok cool thanks guys that helps alot.

And i cannot seem to find Gilnas... supposed to spawn in lillipa but i cant seem to get them to spawn. is there a specific AQ i should do?

Ok so keeping what you said in mind and the points that i have already spent my build looks like this.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?05eTb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3IkbWlY 7bInqnGKsN6JiGA000007b000009b000009b00000ib000000l b000000lOdB4PdnpKrnJ20000

Maronji
Jul 29, 2013, 08:56 PM
And i cannot seem to find Gilnas... supposed to spawn in lillipa but i cant seem to get them to spawn. is there a specific AQ i should do?

Until you unlock Distress Signal Investigation (common in Area 3) and Tranmizer Takedown (common in Area 2), your best best is to just run Rare Ore Mining and hope that the Gilnas Code: Attack pops up in either Area 2 or Area 3. Be sure to take NPCs with you to inflate the enemy count, should it finally pop up for you.

NOTE: Rare Ore Area 3 is really risky since you have a high chance of triggering the mining Code: Collect instead. Try to stick to Area 2 if you can or else very carefully explore the first few rooms of Area 3 (and if it doesn't show up, either retreat back to Area 2 and run around for a while, or restart the quest and try again).