PDA

View Full Version : Sound effects compilation

Rhypht
Jul 30, 2013, 05:57 PM
Wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to get the sound effects from the game, or if there is an existing compilation of them. I'm referring to sounds like:

-Rare drop jingle
-Resta/Anti/Shifta/Deband activation sounds
-menu interface sounds
-Quest Cleared jingle
-weapon sounds

things like that. Not sure if they're accessible other than recording playback with the music off, but I'd really like to get some of them.

Shinamori
Jul 30, 2013, 06:54 PM
You'd have to dig through all the files, find the sound files, then have someone write a program to convert them.

Chdata
Jul 30, 2013, 07:48 PM
I'd especially love to have SFX files for various voices.

Heck, I've considered ripping them myself.

Now ripping Goronozozrnonzon and noire draal and especially their rare counterparts would be tricky to do with recording software.

Maybe someone can rip it from the game.

Shinamori
Jul 30, 2013, 07:52 PM
Use Fraps or some video recording software. Turn of all sounds except voices. After your satisfied, import the AVI in a sound editor and clip out the sounds you want.

Daiyousei
Jul 30, 2013, 09:17 PM
There is a thread with some sounds recorded already

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198776

Rhypht
Jul 31, 2013, 09:24 AM
That is awesome, thanks!
The methods used there seem like they wouldn't work as well for actual sound effects like the ones I was listing, though. For example, it'd be really hard to get the rare drop sound recorded without hearing the enemy dying. Still, that's some progress!

EDIT:
PS, does anyone know whether the sound files are actually stored clientside or not? If the files were there, there are ways to decode them. Just curious, as they could also be stored serverside (though I don't see that as being to practical from the game's standpoint)

Shinamori
Jul 31, 2013, 10:22 AM
It's clientside.

Akumamaru
Dec 12, 2014, 10:08 PM
I've been looking for the mail received sound from PSU, anyone have that file or can send me a batch of sound files?