PDA

View Full Version : Premium Kicks Ass

mandraxx
Jul 30, 2013, 09:46 AM
Premium kicks ass. No doubt about it. The only bad thing about it was when I bought it for the first time I knew it'd be a monthly thing that I'd have to keep up. So I got rid of Hulu Plus and put in for premium instead. I started playing a lot anyway, and I had Netflix anyway, so the trade-off was worth it.

Concerning power, I think the reason why Sega puts costumes (and now camo) into the fold is so that, if by chance in the ac scratch, someone finds a mighty rare item, then that will occur less frequently. IOW, people will be battling over costumes, rather than "hey, I've got the best sword money can buy!"

Even AC scratch buys items that benefit rather than give instant power - for example, Grind risk reduction, HP/PP power. Then of course camo and lobby action, and accessories. Even if one spent 20,000 AC, they may have a surplus of Grind Risk reduction, and Grind Risk Success items, but it is pretty much limited to that circle. And those items can also be found in the gacha FUN scratch, just not as potent.

After purchasing one AC scratch ticket (2000 AC), just to test the waters, I found myself selling stuff in the AC shop to make money, and keeping some of the cooler costumes. That PP item wasn't going to give me that extra edge that makes me shout "HEY I'M BETTER THAN YOU BECAUSE I HAVE AC!" Now if they added 10* weapons into the fold, there'd be a issue.

But I digress. If you want to spend the money, the fun is there. If you don't, it's still there, the balance is there, and that's what makes PSO2 such a great game (game-play mechanics aside).

Zipzo
Jul 30, 2013, 02:37 PM
Well as any lust for power is. The few people that can go on the hassle of getting AC and actually reaching (doesn't reach for everyone). Are the ones enjoying the position the most, and of course doesn't want others to have it so they can feel superior.

Then again Alisha is just trolling you shouldnt pay attention to those kind of sarcastic posts DreXxiN. Doing something like that would even give problems to the own premiun players because of lacking F2P players generating money that goes into Premiun player's pockets.

So talking in a more barbaric language of the internet community, you go premiun if you can't stand playing this game without waving the largest e-peen to other players.

Going off of this and previous few comments, I have a strong opinion on this topic.

PSO2 came out as a F2P game. This allows anyone to download and play it, and there's really no arguing that they give you quite a bit of freedom without spending an lick of AC.

The thing is, games don't keep their servers running on good will, or happy thoughts of the future. No matter where in the world, there is someone paying for AC that is contributing to both the upkeep and further perseverance of PSO2, while there are a hefty several times that amount simply playing the game without ever giving a coin.

I pay for premium because I look at PSO2 as a game that requires money to continue being a solid form of entertainment for me, so it's part of my monthly expenditures because I want to support the game that I play. This is hours upon hours of free entertainment that you are getting, you'd think that it would occur to you at some point to at least buy AC at least occasionally to support that, and SEGA? They don't even force you to do it. They simply hold out a hat, leaving the choice completely up to you.

So yes, of course paying players will have sometimes have a small sense of entitlement over players who never reach for their wallets. It is those players who are actually doing something for the game aside from capping blocks for other players who may actually end up spending money at some point (more players isn't a bad thing, don't get me wrong).

Ideally, the model is shaped in a way that would entice free players to eventually spend money. If you are not so enticed to spend that money, so be it, but when it really starts to grind my gears is when those same people complain about the things they don't get for not purchasing AC or premium. It's your choice, either pay for premium or don't. It's a choice that is always there for you to take advantage of, it's not like they hand our premium membership through lottery. To complain about something that you are not entitled to in the slightest is 100x more face-punch worthy than a player complaining about "free loading" players.

steamcat89
Jul 31, 2013, 05:22 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reia

Well as any lust for power is. The few people that can go on the hassle of getting AC and actually reaching (doesn't reach for everyone). Are the ones enjoying the position the most, and of course doesn't want others to have it so they can feel superior.

Then again Alisha is just trolling you shouldnt pay attention to those kind of sarcastic posts DreXxiN. Doing something like that would even give problems to the own premiun players because of lacking F2P players generating money that goes into Premiun player's pockets.

So talking in a more barbaric language of the internet community, you go premiun if you can't stand playing this game without waving the largest e-peen to other players.

Going off of this and previous few comments, I have a strong opinion on this topic.

PSO2 came out as a F2P game. This allows anyone to download and play it, and there's really no arguing that they give you quite a bit of freedom without spending an lick of AC.

The thing is, games don't keep their servers running on good will, or happy thoughts of the future. No matter where in the world, there is someone paying for AC that is contributing to both the upkeep and further perseverance of PSO2, while there are a hefty several times that amount simply playing the game without ever giving a coin.

I pay for premium because I look at PSO2 as a game that requires money to continue being a solid form of entertainment for me, so it's part of my monthly expenditures because I want to support the game that I play. This is hours upon hours of free entertainment that you are getting, you'd think that it would occur to you at some point to at least buy AC at least occasionally to support that, and SEGA? They don't even force you to do it. They simply hold out a hat, leaving the choice completely up to you.

So yes, of course paying players will have sometimes have a small sense of entitlement over players who never reach for their wallets. It is those players who are actually doing something for the game aside from capping blocks for other players who may actually end up spending money at some point (more players isn't a bad thing, don't get me wrong).

Ideally, the model is shaped in a way that would entice free players to eventually spend money. If you are not so enticed to spend that money, so be it, but when it really starts to grind my gears is when those same people complain about the things they don't get for not purchasing AC or premium. It's your choice, either pay for premium or don't. It's a choice that is always there for you to take advantage of, it's not like they hand our premium membership through lottery. To complain about something that you are not entitled to in the slightest is 100x more face-punch worthy than a player complaining about "free loading" players.

sorry to sound noobish or what ever, but how will one go about gettin premium and is it expensive?

Posted from Pso-world.com App for Android

Imjake
Jul 31, 2013, 05:32 PM
I DO want to go premium, but paying the 28 bucks a month it costs an American is kind of ridiculous. If they lowered it to 15 for us, or hell, even 20, Id be happy to do it. But 28 dollars a month is outlandish.

Imjake
Jul 31, 2013, 05:33 PM
let me rephrase that: It's not that SEGA is responsible for it costing us 28 bucks. so I dont mean "if they lowererd it..." But after conversion fees it's 28 a month for premium.

TheAstarion
Jul 31, 2013, 05:35 PM
sorry to sound noobish or what ever, but how will one go about gettin premium and is it expensive?

Posted from Pso-world.com App for Android

1300AC for 1 month
2500AC for 2 months
3600AC for 3 months

You can load AC in multiples of 500. 1AC = 1 yen. You can't just load yen into the sega account, though, unless your bank account is based in Japan. To get it, you have to go to a webmoney reseller like SuToCorp (who just raised their prices to a minimum of 22% extra) or JPCode4U (who are slightly cheaper for the large amounts and give vouchers for money off further purchases), or CN-USA (who charge the most of all but are fast).

More details at http://bumped.org/psublog/purchasing-arks-cash-in-phantasy-star-online-2-japan/

Mekhana
Jul 31, 2013, 05:36 PM
Its much worse for me that I have to pay in dollars. I actually gotta pay the overcharge from CNUSA and then get screwed over the exchange rate.

It totals to around 60 bucks.

I'm still premium since I started playing. The game is very worth it.

Ezodagrom
Jul 31, 2013, 05:49 PM
I DO want to go premium, but paying the 28 bucks a month it costs an American is kind of ridiculous. If they lowered it to 15 for us, or hell, even 20, Id be happy to do it. But 28 dollars a month is outlandish.
Premium is not $28 per month, even when using webmoney.
With JPWM, 2000 points is $28.75, 1 month of premium is 1300, so, once you get premium you'll have 700 unused AC, which you can save for the next month.
In that next month you get another 2000 points, together with the unused 700 points you have enough for 2 months of premium (2500 AC for 60 days) and 1 AC scratch.

Basically, $28.75 + $28.75 = 3 months of premium and 1 AC scratch, on average you actually spend $19.17 per month. It's still alot, but it's not as much as you posted.

And this is just the more expensive option per month, there's more efficient ways of doing this also, like, for example:
3000 points ($39.75) - get premium for 2 months, save 500 AC.
2000 points ($28.75) - get premium for 2 months, ends with 0 AC.
Total of 4 months of premium, average around $17.13 per month.

Imjake
Jul 31, 2013, 07:22 PM
Premium is not $28 per month, even when using webmoney.
With JPWM, 2000 points is $28.75, 1 month of premium is 1300, so, once you get premium you'll have 700 unused AC, which you can save for the next month.
In that next month you get another 2000 points, together with the unused 700 points you have enough for 2 months of premium (2500 AC for 60 days) and 1 AC scratch.

Basically, $28.75 + $28.75 = 3 months of premium and 1 AC scratch, on average you actually spend $19.17 per month. It's still alot, but it's not as much as you posted.

And this is just the more expensive option per month, there's more efficient ways of doing this also, like, for example:
3000 points ($39.75) - get premium for 2 months, save 500 AC.
2000 points ($28.75) - get premium for 2 months, ends with 0 AC.
Total of 4 months of premium, average around $17.13 per month.

LMAO! You are too right! Good point.