PDA

View Full Version : More on Rares

Syanas
Jul 30, 2013, 12:51 PM
I've been playing a little over three weeks and I managed to fill up my storage with about 100 or so pieces of rare gear (7-10 star). Of all of those, I have 8 10* weapons and 22 10* units. I'm not sure whether to call this extremely lucky or not, but I've never felt that the drop rates were all that bad except for the stuff that pretty much everyone is trying to get.

I was actually planning on opening market once I had enough rares to sell, but then I found out that I couldn't actually setup market or even trade without a premium pass. So I ended up dumping most of my stuff to the NPC.

I'm holding onto the 10* rares in case I ever do bother going premium since I have an Elder Rod and an Elder Rifle (both from the same drop) sitting around that I'm likely not going to use as a Gu/Hu.

Of course, like most people here, I haven't actually found much in the way of stuff I'd actually use.

I'm currently looking for the Yasminov 9000M and the Pandora Extreme, as well as a Mizer Bullet as an inbetweener since my damage is really poor for a level 52. On the side, I'm also hoping for a set of King Vardha units or maybe even Elder units.

I'll tell you now that I've gotten none of these. I haven't even gotten the chance to get some of these. Rogbelts and Predicahda Neros have never, ever spawned in the areas I've been in, and I actually have plenty of issues actually getting the desired enemy to even spawn before I can hope to get their rare drops.

jooozek
Jul 30, 2013, 01:01 PM
hard to gauge your luck if we don't know what 10* weapons exactly dropped for you (units don't matter, they drop pretty frequently, i'd say 1 unit per 5 bosses is pretty much guaranteed if you destroy all the parts on each attempt, elder and chrome units seem to me a little less common)

Gama
Jul 30, 2013, 01:05 PM
Why they forbid trading 10*s is beyond me. Then again I cant get any 10* to +10.

i tried grinding my グリムグリン to 10.. after failing miserably i gave up, used a premium 1 day ticket, traded it for a 10* ticket, and bought a already grinded to 10 one with decent afixes on it.

jooozek
Jul 30, 2013, 01:10 PM
his post is from before they introduced the trading passes, i think (necro aside)

Syanas
Jul 30, 2013, 01:21 PM
Yeah sorry about the necro, I had this post open for a while now and then went to do something else. Only realized after when I looked at the time stamps.

I have...

2 Belk Welkers
1 Brute Gift
1 Iblis Blood
1 Latria Rain
1 Elder Rifle
1 Elder Rod
1 Mahu

None of which are TMGs. Having 1200 Ratk at level 52 is painfully weak.

Even though there are trading passes now, you still need premium to get them.

AgemFrostMage
Jul 30, 2013, 01:22 PM
Don't worry about rares. No, seriously. Just don't worry about them. They are nice to have, but you don't need them. Which is a good mentality to have, because you more than likely won't find one. The ikutachi is buyable, and you can trade it in for a *10. You are better off running TAs and farming 5mil and buying it than trying to find it yourself.

I have a force with a 9 grinded elder rod and sometimes thing still take too long to kill it is level 52 but with a 49 techer subclass.

Xaeris
Jul 30, 2013, 01:29 PM
Yeah sorry about the necro, I had this post open for a while now and then went to do something else. Only realized after when I looked at the time stamps.

I have...

2 Belk Welkers
1 Brute Gift
1 Iblis Blood
1 Latria Rain
1 Elder Rifle
1 Elder Rod
1 Mahu

None of which are TMGs. Having 1200 Ratk at level 52 is painfully weak.

Even though there are trading passes now, you still need premium to get them.

Ishurai or Tourmalinca should be dirt cheap on the market. You could pick up a pair (they're 9*) and use Forest/Skyland stones from AQs to trade them in for their 10* counterparts. That should be worth a sizable bump in attack power.

MetalDude
Jul 30, 2013, 01:32 PM
Yeah, none of those are particularly difficult drops but they're also heavily outdated too. If you want anything relevant, you either fight with awful drop rates or go with pyroxene weaponry like the weapons Xaeris mentioned.

Syanas
Jul 30, 2013, 01:40 PM
If worse comes to worst, I can already afford the Surukurai from the stone shop, which is probably worth at least 400 more ratk. But since I haven't been leveling my mag until....yesterday, I can't equip it yet.

I am actually already using the Tourmalinca +10 with +60 ratk in abilities. Bought it for 500k when I got fed up with doing crap damage on Gunner, and I have to say it still wasn't really worth it.

I need the Yasminikov 9000M for its potential ability. As I'm trying to stack as much firepower as I can, it would do more damage at close range than most TMGs. And then I need another TMG just for its general firepower. It's too bad that even if I were to get premium, the former costs around 7 mil while the latter costs well over 60 mil.

Narrillnezzurh
Jul 30, 2013, 02:38 PM
A +10 50 element pyroxene TMG is going to do similar, if not better, damage to all but a Y9000M with maxed potential, and both Ishurai and Tourmalinca are less then 100k each right now. Just farm some stones.

Syanas
Jul 30, 2013, 03:01 PM
Wouldn't I have to get more than one pyroxene weapon to boost the element up to 50? And last I remember, it takes quite a lot of them as well....

How much does 50 element do anyway? Compared to the 37 element I normally use, it shouldn't matter too much, should it? I never knew how elements figured into damage calcs in the first place though.

Kondibon
Jul 30, 2013, 03:04 PM
Wouldn't I have to get more than one pyroxene weapon to boost the element up to 50? And last I remember, it takes quite a lot of them as well....

How much does 50 element do anyway? Compared to the 37 element I normally use, it shouldn't matter too much, should it? I never knew how elements figured into damage calcs in the first place though.

As far as I know the element is literally a % bonus of damage in that element. So 50% of an element is +50% damage. That damage just happens to be of whatever element, since few enemies resist anything it doesn't really matter which you pick though.

Narrillnezzurh
Jul 30, 2013, 03:07 PM

You would, but since the pyroxene weapons are guaranteed to start at 30 element you would only need 12 or 15, which is like 1300 stones. At 50 stones a run you could do that in a week or two tops.

And 50 element isn't a straight 50% additional damage, but it's very significant. The 37 you already use is good, but you're also using a Tourmalinca with a little over half the R-atk you'd get out of a +10 Fleetmalinka. It'll be a big damage boost once you get it all put together.

jooozek
Jul 30, 2013, 03:10 PM
you would need only 8 sukurais/tourmalincas to max out the element, first comes with 30% and then each of them adds 3%

aduran
Jul 30, 2013, 03:12 PM
with over 3000 hours i have yet gotten 11* from falz, played 95% of the emergencies, ikutachi took about 200 bears and yamas took about 300 bears.

like someone said the rares you really want will probably never drop. lol

wish the rates where like infinity

Shinamori
Jul 30, 2013, 03:15 PM
Rares tend to drop when you don't want them. I got a Fossil Tricks the first day of the Fire Swirl EQ and by that time I had stop looking for them.

Syanas
Jul 30, 2013, 03:17 PM
I guess that sounds worth the investment, just need to save up stones then. Better than trying to farm a bunch of rare weapons from even rarer enemies to max the element that way.

Narrillnezzurh
Jul 30, 2013, 03:26 PM
you would need only 8 sukurais/tourmalincas to max out the element, first comes with 30% and then each of them adds 3%

Good deal.

MetalDude
Jul 30, 2013, 03:29 PM
Considering the price of most pyroxenes now (plus some of the latents), it's almost always the better option unless you just get that lucky.

SakoHaruo
Jul 30, 2013, 03:39 PM
why not just buy weapons off friends? I have over 1000 hours on my Hu/Fi and have never gotten a 10* Saber. I was using 9* Sabers for a long time. then one of my buddies sold me a G Nero with 41 light for 100k lol. you just gotta let them know ahead of time that you need a good weapon.

not sure if you have good friends tho lulz

Syanas
Jul 30, 2013, 03:41 PM
Oh, uh.

I recall getting 10-20 advanced capsule A for free for doing something or other but I'm not sure what.

Does it really cost 600-700k to do these advanced quests per run? Like if I need to do this for 720 stones, I'd need to run it 15 times for a total of 9-14 mil?

@SakoHaruo - I came into this game with a total of 2 friends, and one a friend of the friend who started playing with me. None of them play premium so selling/trading's out of the option.

NeverDT
Jul 30, 2013, 03:44 PM
no, advance capsules drop in advance quests

a cap aqs drop b caps
b cap aqs drop c caps
c cap aqs drop d caps
d cap aqs-- wait...

jooozek
Jul 30, 2013, 03:45 PM
you don't need to buy capsules, just get into good groups and once you burst, you are pretty much set for next area, they are selfsustainable once you get the ball rolling
[SPOILER-BOX]http://sadpanda.us/images/1763443-QRDPMEG.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

NeverDT
Jul 30, 2013, 03:47 PM
just get into good groups

you make it sound so easy

jooozek
Jul 30, 2013, 03:48 PM
you make it sound so easy

because it is easy: join the AQ blocks and look for parties with level capped forces
????????
profit

SakoHaruo
Jul 30, 2013, 03:51 PM
because it is easy: join the AQ blocks and look for parties with level capped forces
????????
profit

this ^

you're pretty much guaranteed cross burst if join the AQ blocks and play with 60/60 players that know what to do. And the people who join AQ blocks for the most part have tons of experience.

NeverDT
Jul 30, 2013, 03:54 PM
twas a joke, I made the last 10 lvs of ranger because of forces

though half of the games I see only want tech users with talis nowadays

Kitoshi
Jul 30, 2013, 04:40 PM
What you are saying sounds more like, leech of forces or don't bother.

I duo AQ's with a friend, we are both melee's, hunter and fighter (before braver got introduced), FO's are highly overrated :

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/hcZSTPT.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Just showing it can easily be done as a melee, or any other class for that matter, without any heavy bursting and simply by duoing.
Bursting just makes it faster/easier.

And drops don't exist in this game, you hunt till you get enough money to buy whatever you need, I been running coast maps for, well, 100++ runs on org blan so far and I have 0 rares to show for it, not even crap rares.

jooozek
Jul 30, 2013, 05:06 PM
no one said that it can't be done with anything else than FOs

Shinamori
Jul 30, 2013, 05:15 PM
why not just buy weapons off friends? I have over 1000 hours on my Hu/Fi and have never gotten a 10* Saber. I was using 9* Sabers for a long time. then one of my buddies sold me a G Nero with 41 light for 100k lol. you just gotta let them know ahead of time that you need a good weapon.

not sure if you have good friends tho lulz

You gotta be fast to do that. People literally sit all day at the visphone.

~Aya~
Jul 30, 2013, 06:37 PM
i'ma go solo solo some AQ's as my Protanser now~

Shinamori
Jul 30, 2013, 06:52 PM
So, I heard (rumor) their changing drop tables for Rare Mobs/bosses at lv50.

MetalDude
Jul 30, 2013, 06:57 PM
Not a rumor. Enemies at level 56+ (essentially, AQ enemies) have rates boosted.

Shinamori
Jul 30, 2013, 07:11 PM
I mean Lv50+ rare enemies drop Lv51

TaigaUC
Jul 30, 2013, 07:12 PM
2 Belk Welkers
1 Brute Gift
1 Iblis Blood
1 Latria Rain
1 Elder Rifle
1 Elder Rod
1 Mahu

Elder Rifle and Elder Rod drop moderately often as long as you're doing every Falz.

Out of the others, I've only had 2 Belk Welkers over several months.
Never seen any of the others drop.

Freshellent
Jul 30, 2013, 07:30 PM
Sad to say, but with my personal luck and rare loot in games- this doesn't surprise me much. As I'm still lower level, I haven't quite reached those woes yet.

I can say though, there's likely to be an adjustment, once they iron out some more things. The fact that there's more active updates to this game and effort into it means alot.

As for right now? Sucks to hear. I feel for all you guys, I understand the pain, I really do.

Chdata
Jul 30, 2013, 08:06 PM
Any tips on obtaining 10 star weapons ;o

I've never gotten one yet.

Are they a lot more common in AQs or something?

I've never done one yet so far. I figure people take in their own advanced capsules when they do them right? Dunno what risk is.

strikerhunter
Jul 30, 2013, 08:07 PM

Yea, be lucky.

Zenobia
Jul 30, 2013, 08:16 PM
What you are saying sounds more like, leech of forces or don't bother.

I duo AQ's with a friend, we are both melee's, hunter and fighter (before braver got introduced), FO's are highly overrated :

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/hcZSTPT.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Just showing it can easily be done as a melee, or any other class for that matter, without any heavy bursting and simply by duoing.
Bursting just makes it faster/easier.

And drops don't exist in this game, you hunt till you get enough money to buy whatever you need, I been running coast maps for, well, 100++ runs on org blan so far and I have 0 rares to show for it, not even crap rares.

What he meant is that doing it with forces is better quicker, and more efficient+ more pse burst as well.

Also Idk if you're stupid or what but duo is a waste of caps....idc how strong you are I want my pse burst and my exit burst period

vantwan123
Jul 30, 2013, 08:19 PM

I've never gotten one yet.

Are they a lot more common in AQs or something?

I've never done one yet so far. I figure people take in their own advanced capsules when they do them right? Dunno what risk is.

Be extremely lucky, because aside from the trade-in 10* weapons from spellstone shop which you can 50 element with enough farming, this game does not reward hard work at all. You either win the rng lottery and score big, or spend hundreds/thousands of hours and get nothing. Sadly I, and probably a sizable number of players, fall under the latter category.

Technically 10* weapons are more common in AQ because lots of mobs won't even drop 10* gear until lv56 which is in AQ, and AQs have significantly more mobs especially when you get a good exit burst going.

You gain +1 risk every time you complete an AQ run and basically it increases the levels of the mobs at set increments. They gain 1 level every 4 risk and cap at lv60 if I remember correctly. High risk also increases the chances for mobs to be boosted, thus increasing the exp they give and possibly higher drop rates.

SakoHaruo
Jul 30, 2013, 08:46 PM
You gotta be fast to do that. People literally sit all day at the visphone.

We trade tickets, 10* weapons, units, etc. I've never lost an item to some random shop lurker, but you are right, speed kills tho. ;-)

here's my chart.. btw I'm Fi/Hu with 1000 hrs atm

Force: every 10* Rod available in quest. more than once for most of them and even three or more times for a few.

Techer: 11 Wands ( 5 of them were the same low class wand)

Hunter: 1 sword, 1 wired Lance, 0 Partizan

Fighter: 3 Knuckles, 2 Daggers, 0 Sabers

Ranger: a lot of Falz Rifles

Gunner: mostly clone TMGs and a few other TMGs

I give every force 10* weapon I find you my Force buddies. They don't even hunt for rares anymore because I do it for them when I'm hunting for the shit that I want. So, now I just hunt for everything because there's no point in hunting for something that my class can use when one of my non melee friends has a better chance of finding it and they'll give it to me. I paid 100k for third strongest saber in the game and soon i will buy Fighting Beat for around the same price. as you can see hunting rares for your class is extremely impractical.

Punisher106
Jul 30, 2013, 09:02 PM
I have the worst luck with 10* items. Here's what I've found among all of my characters, trade-ins and units not counted:

Deo Mazurka
Gwanahda Double
Gigas Spinner
Elder Rod
Elder Rifle
Noise Blower
Belk Welker

...Yeah. Not that good with these drops. I'm pretty certain that sega hates me with a passion. And for the record, yes, only one of each.

Syanas
Jul 30, 2013, 09:09 PM
I feel like if I switched classes I'd actually be pretty updated with my weapon. I was mistaken in that I thought I could already get a Surukurai because I thought that took Falz stones.

It doesn't :(

It's interesting how TMG rares never drop for me, yet I get most everything else.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 30, 2013, 09:27 PM
Best advice for getting 10 stars is to not even look for them.

I'm serious.

I remember when I swore by swords, and didn't care for D sabers... then a signo beat dropped noise blower in a TA.

Then after that, after about 150ish lifetime zesh kills, one dropped fossil tricks. It sat in my storage until ruins AQs became a thing. Now I have perhaps the best D saber in terms of S atk+potential available. (then a zesh I killed the day after ruins AQ came to be dropped procyon)

All else fails, and you don't have premium, hope the weapon you're interested in is a pyroxene with a 9 star counterpart. D sabers are kinda shafted in that regard, along with W lances (how many people really care about them anyway?), and launchers.

~Aya~
Jul 30, 2013, 09:47 PM
I have the worst luck with 10* items. Here's what I've found among all of my characters, trade-ins and units not counted:

Deo Mazurka
Gwanahda Double
Gigas Spinner
Elder Rod
Elder Rifle
Noise Blower
Belk Welker

...Yeah. Not that good with these drops. I'm pretty certain that sega hates me with a passion. And for the record, yes, only one of each.

My best find was a Ruin Charm. That is all~

LOL~ 8D

Zenobia
Jul 30, 2013, 10:19 PM
I get nothing but Force weapons got that 10* broom from city AQ before Umblla still gives me his rods and so on. I swear Sega is telling me to go force.