PDA

View Full Version : Oops, I deleted my main!

Cyhiwraith
Aug 2, 2013, 10:20 AM
Just kidding, but I know lots of people that did. How did that happen? Who all deleted their main character?

A lot of people apparently deleted their main character when trying to delete their dewmen they made instead, I lol'd! I'd cry if I did it, over 4000 hours gone if I did that shit. LAWL :-D

jooozek
Aug 2, 2013, 10:22 AM
like they say, they reap what they sow

Kondibon
Aug 2, 2013, 10:23 AM
Didn't most of the people who "deleted" their characters actually just log on to the wrong ship after being away for a while...? I haven't heard of this happening.

Z-0
Aug 2, 2013, 10:23 AM
how do you manage to do that, again? your character is in the background the whole time so it's easy to see who you're deleting

don't really sympathize with anyone who did that 'coz that's a major "it's your own fault"

Cyhiwraith
Aug 2, 2013, 10:24 AM
Didn't most of the people who "deleted" their characters actually just log on to the wrong ship after being away for a while...? I haven't heard of this happening.

That was the case for some people, but a few people actully did delete their main while attempting to remake a dewmen, my RL friend is a victim of this. XD Few others too.

Edit: actually, 2 of my RL friends did it. Rushing and paying no attention is the BEST thing you can do, ever... like really, never pay attention and you will get far in life... and PSO2, apparently. :3

vantwan123
Aug 2, 2013, 10:26 AM
Considering it's 100% avoidable through the use of common sense, they only have themselves to blame.

Cyhiwraith
Aug 2, 2013, 10:34 AM
Man, you guys are harsh! Some people were really hurt by this! Their lovable characters.... gone for good! Q_Q

Gama
Aug 2, 2013, 10:36 AM
i got mine deleted once by an "ex" friend.

gigawuts
Aug 2, 2013, 10:39 AM

I never heard the end of this story, and now I am glad to know the result. F that guy. Did he just want to do the tutorial but couldn't be bothered making his own account or something?

BlankM
Aug 2, 2013, 10:40 AM
Man, you guys are harsh! Some people were really hurt by this! Their lovable characters.... gone for good! Q_Q

Said the person who posted it on a public forum. :3

I can't imagine ever doing this. Then again many people also apparently uninstalled the game while trying to boot it up...

AlaskanKactus
Aug 2, 2013, 10:41 AM
Almost did this once. My heart stopped for a second xD

I was in a rush to remake my dewman so the image of the character didn't have time to load. Luckily I noticed the name at the last second.

Cyhiwraith
Aug 2, 2013, 10:42 AM

Wow, what a jerk face. No one needs a friend like that! Good thing you got rid of him/her.

I can't imagine ever doing this. Then again many people also apparently uninstalled the game while trying to boot it up...

Hey!!!! You're..... you're... Oh snap, don't you gotta go to work? Don't wanna be late! Have a wonderful time!

Almost did this once. My heart stopped for a second xD

I was in a rush to remake my dewman so the image of the character didn't have time to load. Luckily I noticed the name at the last second.

My heart always races when deleted char in mmo! It's always scary until it's done and over, I never trust these trashy programmers.

Punisher106
Aug 2, 2013, 10:57 AM
A friend of mine accidentally deleted their main. Ouch. Just... Ouch.

Vintasticvin
Aug 2, 2013, 11:04 AM
Hey hey awesome topic and yes I deleted my CBT character that wasn't even past lv10 cause I was fiddling with the menu trying to figure out what everything does. This was long before I knew of the "translator". And don't worry too much Cyhiwraith this forum is alot more harsher than what you seen ;)

Cyhiwraith
Aug 2, 2013, 11:16 AM
Hey hey awesome topic and yes I deleted my CBT character that wasn't even past lv10 cause I was fiddling with the menu trying to figure out what everything does. This was long before I knew of the "translator". And don't worry too much Cyhiwraith this forum is alot more harsher than what you seen ;)

lol harrrrrrrrrsher? That's sooooooo mean! And level 10 isn't too bad, I mean... people that deleted 60's I feel really bad for, like... people from CBT... D:

Gardios
Aug 2, 2013, 11:19 AM
I deleted my main character early because I wanted different body paint and he was only Lv 20 or something.

A week later they changed body paint to be free of charge. orz

Dnd
Aug 2, 2013, 11:26 AM
I apologise in advance, but those who know how to delete a character in the first place have no excuse to just rush when undertaking the process and making sure it is just their lv1 alt they want to remake and not their main.

It takes like, 5 seconds to check what character you select on the screen, if your rushing that badly and end up deleting the wrong one in haste then you only have yourself to blame, in all honesty.. yeah it sucks, but double checking takes 2 seconds....

Cyhiwraith
Aug 2, 2013, 12:19 PM
Awww, you guys! It's SEGA fault, not theeeeeeirs, I mean, Sega banned tons of people a few months ago for no reason at all! They are just big meanie doo doo heads.

Vintasticvin
Aug 2, 2013, 12:24 PM
Awww, you guys! It's SEGA fault, not theeeeeeirs, I mean, Sega banned tons of people a few months ago for no reason at all! They are just big meanie doo doo heads.

Too cute and funny I like this thread.

Gama
Aug 2, 2013, 12:29 PM
I never heard the end of this story, and now I am glad to know the result. F that guy. Did he just want to do the tutorial but couldn't be bothered making his own account or something?

i was in class, the guy deleted my char by "accident"

holding shift dosent seem to be accidental.

anyway i punched him.

Squall179
Aug 2, 2013, 12:30 PM

I did this once, it was late, and my vision gets really blurry that late, so I just saw the PSO2 logo and clicked, it was the first time booting up too, as in...I had JUST INSTALLED, and accidentally uninstalled it heh!

Cyhiwraith
Aug 2, 2013, 01:02 PM
That's always annoying! It is such a bummer when you wanna play, but you gotta patch or sumthin'! Grrrr, makes me mad!

BlankM
Aug 2, 2013, 01:38 PM
Hey!!!! You're..... you're... Oh snap, don't you gotta go to work? Don't wanna be late! Have a wonderful time!

3:

Its soo freeaaaaking boring here.

CloudChaser
Aug 2, 2013, 02:04 PM
Well I guess this is all you can do.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2661&pictureid=36590
Done.

BIG OLAF
Aug 2, 2013, 03:31 PM
Their lovable characters.... gone for good! Q_Q

Were probably borderline-starving missle-tit lolis, so it's awwwwwwwwwwwww right.

But, in somewhat more seriousness now, how the hell does someone do that? Just, like, wow. Pretty much blows for them.

Niris
Aug 2, 2013, 04:22 PM
Dem missile tit loli's gotta go.

Zysets
Aug 2, 2013, 04:45 PM
Were probably borderline-starving missle-tit lolis

Is a character still a loli if they have missile tits?

Gama
Aug 2, 2013, 04:49 PM
Is a character still a loli if they have missile tits?

http://p2.trrsf.com/image/fget/cf/619/464/images.terra.com/2012/02/29/1520120229014902.jpg

yes.

BIG OLAF
Aug 2, 2013, 04:49 PM
To me they are. Anything impossibly short with dinner-plate eyes, regardless of bust size.

Daiyousei
Aug 2, 2013, 04:51 PM
Then again the screen lists your characters in login order, with the most recent first, so if we were on our deumans last, our mains show up in the second spot.

Zysets
Aug 2, 2013, 06:52 PM
To me they are. Anything impossibly short with dinner-plate eyes, regardless of bust size.

Fair enough. Can't disagree.

Cyhiwraith
Aug 2, 2013, 07:52 PM
Then again the screen lists your characters in login order, with the most recent first, so if we were on our deumans last, our mains show up in the second spot.

LOL I wonder if that is what happened! Or... if people gave both char the same name! That'd be really uncreative!!! :(

Lostbob117
Aug 2, 2013, 08:41 PM
I deleted my old main, for a change of look and to restart on my mag. I was down a bit.. But then I got pass that.

Cyhiwraith
Aug 2, 2013, 10:32 PM
People are getting word of this thread! More and more people are telling me their friends accidentally deleted their char! I've gotten word that it happened because of VOIP (vent/mumble/TS and wut not) programs and CTRL as a push-to-talk key! Oh no!

Zenobia
Aug 2, 2013, 10:33 PM
People are getting word of this thread! More and more people are telling me their friends accidentally deleted their char! I've gotten word that it happened because of VOIP (vent/mumble/TS and wut not) programs and CTRL as a push-to-talk key! Oh no!

Hard to tell if you're indeed sad for the people who deleted theirs or trolling its not very convincing not to mention this thread but oh well.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 2, 2013, 11:04 PM
Hard to tell if you're indeed sad for the people who deleted theirs or trolling its not very convincing not to mention this thread but oh well.

oh, Cyhi was in Newearls for awhile, he's lolzing hard inside, or this really did happen to him and he's lolzing anyway+^_^+ also friend of mine Chainsaw, his wife deleted his main when they argued about him playing too many games+^_^+ he's not around anymore+^_^+

Cyhiwraith
Aug 2, 2013, 11:50 PM

God you're such a troll on these forums, it's like you're an entirely different person or something on POS-World. You're a nice person to talk to normally, but jesus christ, no wonder people say to ignore your comments here. I hadn't seen it 1st hand until now.

Yeah, 2 of my RL friends did it and many of my friend's friends did as well. I'm hooking one of my friends up with prem some he can get some 10* and stuff once he gets back to a higher level, because I do feel pretty bad. I mean, it is funny and sad at the same time.

Liiiiiiike, y'know, when someone slips and falls it's like "hehe! You okay?" If yes, you laugh.... if no, you stop and get worried..... but later down the road you go like "Remember when I slipped that one time?" "Yeeeeeeeeeeah~ haha, that was funny!"

Besides, isn't it better to make it funny and fun rather than depressing and down? I mean! No one should have to feel bad about it, I can laugh at myself, and I think everyone should laugh at ones self, it makes for a happier life! I'm just trying to be cheery about a bad thing so maybe others catch on.... but if you're gonna be a meanie stinky face then be that way! Just my opinion thhhhhoooough~

Zenobia
Aug 2, 2013, 11:55 PM
God you're such a troll on these forums, it's like you're an entirely different person or something on POS-World. You're a nice person to talk to normally, but jesus christ, no wonder people say to ignore your comments here. I hadn't seen it 1st hand until now.

Yeah, 2 of my RL friends did it and many of my friend's friends did as well. I'm hooking one of my friends up with prem some he can get some 10* and stuff once he gets back to a higher level, because I do feel pretty bad. I mean, it is funny and sad at the same time.

Liiiiiiike, y'know, when someone slips and falls it's like "hehe! You okay?" If yes, you laugh.... if no, you stop and get worried..... but later down the road you go like "Remember when I slipped that one time?" "Yeeeeeeeeeeah~ haha, that was funny!"

Besides, isn't it better to make it funny and fun rather than depressing and down? I mean! No one should have to feel bad about it, I can laugh at myself, and I think everyone should laugh at ones self, it makes for a happier life! I'm just trying to be cheery about a bad thing so maybe others catch on.... but if you're gonna be a meanie stinky face then be that way! Just my opinion thhhhhoooough~

Because you misunderstood me let me lay it out for you.

One if someone did mess up I wouldn't make a thread broadcasting it.

Second Im not one to point out other misfortunes mind you I don't see any value in it it isn't me.

Call me a troll if you want but when you label someone you forfeit your own stupidity as myself im not one to judge mind you.

I am not one to want to recall any bad memories nor do I want to pry in someones else's business either and loling at others misfortunes doesn't make you any better regardless of they did it to themselves.

Yeah its no wonder I hardly hear from you you gave my answer.

Syklo
Aug 3, 2013, 12:34 AM
The main point of the thread has been deleted.

Carry on now.

Zysets
Aug 3, 2013, 02:48 AM
I still can't wrap my head around the idea that someone can accidentally delete their main. You see the character right there, and you have to hold shift to even click the "yes" for the deletion to happen. How do you not realize it's your main?

Chik'Tikka
Aug 3, 2013, 03:42 AM
I still can't wrap my head around the idea that someone can accidentally delete their main. You see the character right there, and you have to hold shift to even click the "yes" for the deletion to happen. How do you not realize it's your main?

well, for me at least, it can take almost a whole 2-3 seconds to load my character, then about .3 seconds to load hair after, it's possible to accidentally delete a character if you hit enter in an extreme hurry and someone/something happens to hit the right arrow key combination in time with your enter presses and poof, character gone+^_^+ just saying, it's possible, there are 6 billion + people on this world after all+^_^+

blace
Aug 3, 2013, 03:45 AM
By the way, it's the ctrl key.

How you press that while spamming enter is beyond me. There's also the name that is highlighted.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 3, 2013, 03:49 AM
By the way, it's the ctrl key.

How you press that while spamming enter is beyond me. There's also the name that is highlighted.

umm... coffee, cats, spouses, children, faulty CTRL key+^_^+ there's a chance, and it's hella lot higher then 1/6,000,000,000 +^_^+

jooozek
Aug 3, 2013, 03:52 AM
that is just being irresponsible as hell

blace
Aug 3, 2013, 03:54 AM
Quoted for truth.

Zenobia
Aug 3, 2013, 04:36 AM

Quoted for truth.

Quoted cause obv people don't know when to play pso2 when stuff isn't going on around you which I find funny.

Zysets
Aug 3, 2013, 01:31 PM
I always have coffee, and it's never gotten up and walked on my keyboard.

boomboom
Aug 4, 2013, 01:23 PM
cat stepped on my keyboard