PDA

View Full Version : Item So, about agito...

Naminai
Aug 3, 2013, 11:25 AM
I managed to get myself one after saving a lot, and the description has caught my interest...

刀身が完全に錆び付いてしまった抜剣。名刀オロチアギト誕生以降、数多く打たれた習作のうちの 一つ。

For the people that can't understand japanese, a rough translation of it is that it is a perfect blade that has been ruined by rust, once known as the orochi agito since its birth and that it has struck many with its study ( this last part I don't know how to translate well). Don't know if it's just me, but this does point towards some kind of "plausible recovery" of this weapon's old status, aka, before it was rusted, as if it was an AQ weapon with a spellstone variant...

However, there's never been a free-class spellstone weapon, and if there was to be one from AQ coast, it would definitely be the blue cutlass, alongside the blue crossbow...

My question is, what is you guys' oppinions on this? Has anybody datamined any info about this, or about some kind of "empowered" version of it? If so I would like to hear, because right now I'm all excited for knowing more...

Also I'm sorry if my english sounds a bit weird, it's not my native language!

BIG OLAF
Aug 3, 2013, 11:27 AM
I'm sure there will be unsealable weapons, to fuel the nostalgia boners even more. I don't think that one is, in particular.

gigawuts
Aug 3, 2013, 11:33 AM
^ That's exactly what I'm expecting.

A big thing in PSO1 was weapons you combined, unsealed, fused, etc. This game is really trying to cater to PSO1 fans, so I'm 100% certain we're eventually (maybe it'll start with Super Hard?) going to get rare weapons we combine with rare misc drops or even other weapons. I'm sure we'll find Sange and Yasha as separate katanas way down the road, probably to be combined for an eventual class with twin swords. The Lavis Cannon may be on its way, with Syncestas dropping with absurd rates.

The current Agitos will probably just be deemed fakes and later on Real Agitos will start dropping or some other planned obsolescence BS.

Naminai
Aug 3, 2013, 11:36 AM
I just checked on the pso2 jp wiki to see if anybody thinks the same, and the first message of the wiki comment board is exactly what I was saying... I'm at least glad to see somebody else thinks the same...

with the second "dark falz"-ish 12-man boss fight coming in winter, I would not be surprised if it dropped special stones like the iritista stones to turn certain weapons as "unsealing", like you mention.

Ezodagrom
Aug 3, 2013, 11:40 AM
I just checked on the pso2 jp wiki to see if anybody thinks the same, and the first message of the wiki comment board is exactly what I was saying... I'm at least glad to see somebody else thinks the same...

with the second "dark falz"-ish 12-man boss fight coming in winter, I would not be surprised if it dropped special stones like the iritista stones to turn certain weapons as "unsealing", like you mention.
There's also a new item customization feature that is mentioned in the roadmap for December, maybe could be related to unsealing weapons?

gigawuts
Aug 3, 2013, 11:41 AM
Oh, item customization? Are there any details on that? Could it be an overhaul of the affixing and latent systems?

Ezodagrom
Aug 3, 2013, 11:43 AM
Oh, item customization? Are there any details on that? Could it be an overhaul of the affixing and latent systems?
No details at all, just...

Item Customization System Update
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-626-update-and-episode-2-roadmap/

Dnd
Aug 3, 2013, 11:45 AM
knowing sega it'd probably be something like 'Oh guys, we're drip feeding you 3 camos a month instead of 2!'

However, more on-topic. I imagine sooner or later we will get unsealing or combining of items like pso1 again, they've brought back old weapons/outfits/lobby actions (psu) and even photon chairs now. However with everything else to do with weapons it'll be disappointing to the 99% of us who never, ever get one

Shinamori
Aug 3, 2013, 12:05 PM
I'm just waiting on the Sealed-J Sword/Tsumikiri J Sword.

gigawuts
Aug 3, 2013, 12:07 PM
No details at all, just...

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-626-update-and-episode-2-roadmap/

Oh, then I'm not expecting anything better than letting us change a weapon's latent to something else after unlocking it to level 3.

Punisher106
Aug 3, 2013, 12:11 PM
^ That's exactly what I'm expecting.

A big thing in PSO1 was weapons you combined, unsealed, fused, etc. This game is really trying to cater to PSO1 fans, so I'm 100% certain we're eventually (maybe it'll start with Super Hard?) going to get rare weapons we combine with rare misc drops or even other weapons. I'm sure we'll find Sange and Yasha as separate katanas way down the road, probably to be combined for an eventual class with twin swords. The Lavis Cannon may be on its way, with Syncestas dropping with absurd rates.

The current Agitos will probably just be deemed fakes and later on Real Agitos will start dropping or some other planned obsolescence BS.
I freaking hope so. those two dear blades of mine were mentioned in Sakai's blog, recently.

EvilMag
Aug 3, 2013, 12:12 PM
You combine weapons at Dudu and they have a chance of failing. If it fails, both the weapons disappear!

gigawuts
Aug 3, 2013, 12:15 PM
You combine weapons at Dudu and they have a chance of failing. If it fails, both the weapons disappear!

Attempting to combine Sange and Yasha...

oh, turns out you don't know how to use both hands at once

you failed! both are gone forever

Enforcer MKV
Aug 3, 2013, 12:22 PM

Sega got bitched eternally for having weapons breaking in PSU. I don't see them being that asinine again.

Probably a different kind of asinine, but not this type.

Zenobia
Aug 3, 2013, 12:23 PM
Attempting to combine Sange and Yasha...

oh, turns out you don't know how to use both hands at once

you failed! both are gone forever

Yup this is exactly what I expect then end.

NoiseHERO
Aug 3, 2013, 12:26 PM
Well grandpa-cast's sword was one of the sealed agito-thingies from PSZ.

So they're probably waiting till they implement whatever sealed kill X amount of monsters weapon system before they release his sword.

Macman
Aug 4, 2013, 06:07 AM
I'm just waiting on the Sealed-J Sword/Tsumikiri J Sword.
14* rarity! Drops from Dark Falz Apprentice once a month at best. :wacko:

~Aya~
Aug 4, 2013, 06:42 AM
Its over when a dark flow becomes a drop

Alucard V
Aug 4, 2013, 08:23 AM
Well grandpa-cast's sword was one of the sealed agito-thingies from PSZ.

So they're probably waiting till they implement whatever sealed kill X amount of monsters weapon system before they release his sword.

Sealed weapons making a comeback.....
I could see it happen. Like Rock said "Grandpa-cast's" sword is a Akatsuki Fu. So it's already out there and we're just waiting on sega.
My top pick for a Phantasy Star Anti-Hero Weapon btw. :D

gigawuts
Aug 4, 2013, 08:25 AM
Its over when a dark flow becomes a drop

No, you just think that's when it's over. Then begins the Dark Flow D - now with purple!

Laxedrane
Aug 4, 2013, 09:02 AM
Oh, then I'm not expecting anything better than letting us change a weapon's latent to something else after unlocking it to level 3.

My guess would be the +15 we've seen in videos(Now blurred out) and the level 5 latents sitting in the dats.

Personally I know it's a snow ball chance in hell but I hope they alleviate affixing(Maybe ffs sega not have shit be dropped if its not apart of the affix and better rates) and increasing success rate of grinding.

*goes off to sniff glue until it's true.*

*dies*

Cyclon
Aug 4, 2013, 09:15 AM
Less than three weeks...
Well it was fun while it lasted. For me at least.

I managed to get myself one after saving a lot, and the description has caught my interest...

刀身が完全に錆び付いてしまった抜剣。名刀オロチアギト誕生以降、数多く打たれた習作のうちの 一つ。

For the people that can't understand japanese, a rough translation of it is that it is a perfect blade that has been ruined by rust, once known as the orochi agito since its birth and that it has struck many with its study ( this last part I don't know how to translate well). Don't know if it's just me, but this does point towards some kind of "plausible recovery" of this weapon's old status, aka, before it was rusted, as if it was an AQ weapon with a spellstone variant...

However, there's never been a free-class spellstone weapon, and if there was to be one from AQ coast, it would definitely be the blue cutlass, alongside the blue crossbow...

My question is, what is you guys' oppinions on this? Has anybody datamined any info about this, or about some kind of "empowered" version of it? If so I would like to hear, because right now I'm all excited for knowing more...

Also I'm sorry if my english sounds a bit weird, it's not my native language!
Oroti Agito being a thing at some point is a given. Too many people want it for it not to happen and Sega knows that. So I wouldn't worry about getting it, though I sure hope it won't be a simple AQ exchange weapon.

Also not sure I'd want weapons that unlock with a certain number of kills in this game. I always saw it as a sort of personal quest. Of course you'd do most of the killing with other people, but who went with such a project and didn't comply to some solo overtime?

In PSO2, killing lots of stuff may be the easiest thing in the whole game and is clearly not a personal goal, because you're far better off doing it in MPAs the entire time. You could actually complete it without hitting a single monster with no considerable consequences playtime wise.
So I'd like them to come up with something else.

jooozek
Aug 4, 2013, 09:18 AM
"collect 40 dicada dongs which drop only if you deal the lethal hit to the crotch with your sealed weapon"

Cyclon
Aug 4, 2013, 09:20 AM
"collect 40 dicada dongs which drop only if you deal the lethal hit to the crotch with your sealed weapon"That's way too low.

Neith
Aug 4, 2013, 09:39 AM
They'll either just release the Orochiagito as a separate weapon or have Agito upgradeable. I imagine most people played PSO but for anyone who didn't, the real Agito was convertable into Orotiagito (which was Agito once it was restored).

I'd like to see unsealable weapons but dependent on the numbers we're talking. Also SJS dropped in PSP2 Infinity and was impossible to unseal (to my knowledge) :disapprove: Hopefully we don't go that route again; I wasted so much time trying to unseal that.

I'd be more interested in Sange & Yasha but with no twin sword weapon they'd probably get made into Daggers, which I hate.

Punisher106
Aug 4, 2013, 10:20 AM
I'd be more interested in Sange & Yasha but with no twin sword weapon they'd probably get made into Daggers, which I hate.

Here's to hoping the Braver advanced class will have twin sabers.