PDA

View Full Version : triple stepping

KuroKanden
Aug 3, 2013, 12:08 PM
so I've always been curious to how people are getting this done, I've already gotten into the habit of the weapon change step but I just can't seem to get ahold of the triple step sequence. At first I was trying to do it with the same weapon with two palettes, clearly that did'nt work, lol

my sequence goes normally as :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYDlC1yJWH8&feature=youtu.be

dash-dash(cancel)-step-dash(change)-step-dash(change)-step rinse and repeat

Shadowth117
Aug 3, 2013, 01:31 PM
Do it like this:
Dash->Jump->Dash->Step->Switch->Dash->Jump(to activate the weapon switch)

and then repeat. A sequence would look like

Dash->Jump->Dash->Step->Switch->Dash->Jump->Dash->Jump->Dash->Step->Switch->Dash->Jump

The second jump in the sequence doesn't actually make you jump, but it will make your weapons switch and cancel your previous dash allowing you to do another.

loool
Aug 3, 2013, 02:44 PM
Meh... I just used a macro, because I'm lazy like that. Programming RULES!

KuroKanden
Aug 3, 2013, 02:48 PM
Do it like this:

and then repeat. A sequence would look like

Dash->Jump->Dash->Step->Switch->Dash->Jump->Dash->Jump->Dash->Step->Switch->Dash->Jump

The second jump in the sequence doesn't actually make you jump, but it will make your weapons switch and cancel your previous dash allowing you to do another.

So basically I switch every 2 dashes? I'll give that a try, thanks !

Z-0
Aug 3, 2013, 02:50 PM
Ya, triple step is a sequence of dash -> weapon switch -> dash -> dash (a jump dash).

Looking at your video, you're missing the third dash which is a jump dash after the weapon switches.

KuroKanden
Aug 3, 2013, 03:41 PM
Ya, triple step is a sequence of dash -> weapon switch -> dash -> dash (a jump dash).

Looking at your video, you're missing the third dash which is a jump dash after the weapon switches.

Exactly what I was looking for..the jump dash after the switch !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o45S5Pw2R8&feature=youtu.be

Now that I got it down on paper, I'll just need to practice more. Once again thanks a bunch !

musicmf
Aug 3, 2013, 03:50 PM
Do it like this:

What is the difference between Dash and Step? Or does step refer to step attack?

So with default keyboard buttons (and numpad weapon switching) would it look something like;
X -> Space -> X -> Mouse1 -> Num2 -> X -> Space -> Repeat
Is that right? Or did I misunderstand the process?

Also, is there any other tricks to it, I recall seeing daggers used in many videos, and also switching between two weapons that are the same type.
Are any of those required? Or can you switch to any weapon with step that you like?

KuroKanden
Aug 3, 2013, 03:53 PM
What is the difference between Dash and Step? Or does step refer to step attack?

So with default keyboard buttons (and numpad weapon switching) would it look something like;
X -> Space -> X -> Mouse1 -> Num2 -> X -> Space -> Repeat
Is that right? Or did I misunderstand the process?

Also, is there any other tricks to it, I recall seeing daggers used in many videos, and also switching between two weapons that are the same type.
Are any of those required? Or can you switch to any weapon with step that you like?

In theory you can, but daggers/knuckles have the fastest step attack animation, rendering them easier to execute (or so I believe). Plus, you're better off knuckle-dashing with knuckles on anyway for the gear effect, it just about as effective.

I tested this with wired lance the timing is alot more strict , and overall its not worth it .

MetalDude
Aug 3, 2013, 03:59 PM
I believe a mix of triple dash + Assault Buster is the fastest form of movement, but Knuckle dashing is a good substitute if you're uncoordinated or lazy.

vantwan123
Aug 3, 2013, 06:10 PM
That feel when you can't even triple dash because of lag/delay when switching weapons :(

Zenobia
Aug 3, 2013, 06:28 PM
That feel when you can't even triple dash because of lag/delay when switching weapons :(

^Never had this this problem.

Z-0
Aug 3, 2013, 06:59 PM
This isn't actually a problem unless your ping is VERY high. Try jumping when the weapon switch is supposed to happen and it will happen, because a weapon switch can't actually cancel a dash, but a jump can.

My ping is somewhat high compared to some other people and I'm perfectly fine. I only have problems if someone is lagging my network.

Ryuvos
Aug 3, 2013, 09:36 PM
I believe a mix of triple dash + Assault Buster is the fastest form of movement, but Knuckle dashing is a good substitute if you're uncoordinated or lazy.

nah, a mix of quad dash + assault buster is probably the fastest form of movement :D...or maybe octo dash is :/

Esofor
Aug 3, 2013, 10:45 PM
triple dash is only a precursor to the fabled quad dash

nobody can really do it without a macro

my macro works pretty well i think, pm me if you want it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsg7wUxa9jk

edit: no macro exists, thought the video would clearly depict this

jiasu73
Aug 3, 2013, 11:29 PM
triple dash is only a precursor to the fabled quad dash

nobody can really do it without a macro

my macro works pretty well i think, pm me if you want it

. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsg7wUxa9jk)

TRYHARD!!! thx for the tip btw it worked^^

MidCap
Aug 4, 2013, 12:00 PM
They ought to simply increase the player running speed so that players don't have to do stupid things for incremental gains.

Also, why isn't the use of a macro considered cheating?

(Sure, I know there's no way to enforce it, but why isn't anything said against it?)