PDA

View Full Version : Oh man! I just noticed some of the missing weapons-types!

Imjake
Aug 3, 2013, 07:42 PM
Where are the claw weapons!? That was my favorite weapon.
And there was another weapon set called, I believe, "cards" that were like fans that fired out projectiles.

Does anyone know if there are plans to bring these weapons back? I mean after all, if this game follows P.S. history our level cap will increase tremendously and new weapon types and classes will be introduced, but still, I want my claws!

/end venting

Chdata
Aug 3, 2013, 07:44 PM
Do you mean Talis?

As for claws, I think some Knuckles look like claws.

Zyrusticae
Aug 3, 2013, 07:53 PM
Man, I was expecting you to mention a lot more weapons.

Y'know, like the shotguns (I'm still miffed about this one), axes, twin sabers, slicers, laser cannons, and whips.

Especially axes. I want my ridiculously heavy damage, dammit!

Shinamori
Aug 3, 2013, 08:06 PM
Slicers anyone? lol

gigawuts
Aug 3, 2013, 08:07 PM
I very badly want slicers to be like a more blade-oriented gunslash, available to all classes.

Imjake
Aug 3, 2013, 08:08 PM
Man, I was expecting you to mention a lot more weapons.

Y'know, like the shotguns (I'm still miffed about this one), axes, twin sabers, slicers, laser cannons, and whips.

!!! Thanks for reminding me! Now im REALLY upset lmao.
I doubt we'll get shotties since the rifle has that shotgun blast PA :(

Ok forget my old post. I want ALL the old weapons back that we had! Why on earth would they remove those??

NoiseHERO
Aug 3, 2013, 08:25 PM
slicers need to be giant weaboo shurikens again like in PSZ

Rien
Aug 3, 2013, 08:26 PM
I'd instantly switch to ranger if I could have access to a laser cannon.

TheAstarion
Aug 3, 2013, 08:33 PM
slicers need to be giant weaboo shurikens again like in PSZ

Throwing blades were datamined a while ago weren't they? And PSZ Slicers were tech-based?

Could be for Braver's alternate-flavoured class.

My favourite weapons in PSU were twin sabers, twin claws, whips and shotguns. Wirelances kinda cover twinclaw/whip especially with Wild Round, and bows cover shotguns with Master Shot but in a way that's bad... means it's less likely the next set of classes get a revisited weapon that's so similar.

My best hope for claws and twinsabers are a future class (Warrior maybe? For WAR-TE) who turns existing wirelances and doublesabers into alternate mode like you can do with gunslash.

Rien
Aug 3, 2013, 08:49 PM
No, they were not datamined a while ago.

Chdata
Aug 3, 2013, 08:50 PM
Great axes would be cool. We need more extremely slow high hitting stuff.

Shinamori
Aug 3, 2013, 08:56 PM
I think they would add a another Ranged or Tech class. Although, Braver is a mixed class. Well, if you build it that way. But, if they add a pure Meele class, I'd like to be called "Warrior". You'd be able to use Axes and maybe Hammers. As far as weapons, more Katanas and bows, and Twin Claws.

Zyrusticae
Aug 3, 2013, 09:34 PM
[...]bows cover shotguns with Master Shot but in a way that's bad...

I doubt we'll get shotties since the rifle has that shotgun blast PA :(

Both of you are wrong. Reminder: We have a grenade launch PA for rifles but that didn't stop them from giving rangers launchers. One single PA =/= a full weapon type.

strikerhunter
Aug 3, 2013, 09:37 PM
Ok forget my old post. I want ALL the old weapons back that we had! Why on earth would they remove those??

Because then would be consider PSU2 instead :-P and not PSO2.

-Claws basically somewhat got replaced by WL IMO. Some claws from PSU became WL and knuckles. I do wish them to come back though.

-Axes, doubt this will ever come back. Knowing Sega, it'll be a broken weapon class or a wtf weapon. Heavy damage that out damage everything or too slow, so slow that it's dps is out matched easily.

-All dual wielding weapons. <insert new mechanic please> A new mechanic may to be introduce/made before reintroducing dual swords, etc. because back in PSU all dual wielding weapons out DPS their single variant.

-Laser Cannon. Have to say but they got replaced by launchers with most old launchers from PSU coming back as launchers. Then again, they work completely different so there is good chance for them to return.

IMO before any more weapons should be introduce, all current ones needs to be fixed/balance (or close enough) before a new one shows up. I have a feeling that we may see dual wielding weapon type by the end of this year though or spring 2014.

gigawuts
Aug 3, 2013, 09:37 PM
Also, a knuckle and dagger or two were added as wired lances and we still got those.

Game design in F2P rarely comes down to "but this thing here can already kind of do that, I guess we can't add it."

If it's more stuff to do, we can count on it being added - the only question is when.

strikerhunter
Aug 3, 2013, 09:40 PM
If it's more stuff to do, we can count on it being added - the only question is when.

Either Summer of 2014 :-P

or

When the advance version of Braver shows up.

Drifting Fable
Aug 3, 2013, 10:59 PM
Considering I've already got all the weapons I could want from the older titles. I'd like to see some newer weapons on the scene.

Like say Skates~. Increased movement travelin and cuttin though mobs with every kick.

That or some new class with the Fighmaster effect of boosting sword swing speeds even further a la PSU. Hopefully with both Knux and Swords with Axes as its pallet. I mean hell Braver didn't even get existing weapons to beef up its own lacking weapon pallet.

SquashDemon
Aug 3, 2013, 11:46 PM
I'm actually quite content with the weapons we did get, being an old PSO buff. I only have two words:

Chain.

Sawd.

That is all.

Lostbob117
Aug 4, 2013, 12:37 AM
No weapon-types are missing in pso2 atm.

Macman
Aug 4, 2013, 06:03 AM
But we already have Namegid...

Imjake
Aug 4, 2013, 06:32 AM
No weapon-types are missing in pso2 atm.
lolwut

yoshiblue
Aug 4, 2013, 06:41 AM
So...

PSO/PSU Slicers
PSZ Slicers
Shotguns and Crossbows
Axes
Whips and Claws (Replaced by wire lance I guess)
Sabers and Pistols (Replaced by Gunslash)
Cannons
Earth Technics

BlueCast Boy
Aug 4, 2013, 06:47 AM
I'm kinda content with the new weapons but if ever new weapons came i wanna see slicers, i miss using slicers and laser cannon. I still hoping for sabers but then again katana might be the new sabers in a weird way.

Gama
Aug 4, 2013, 07:39 AM
i wouldnt mind seeing a mellee weapons that used the feet, kickboxing?

also slicers would be a good adition.

strikerhunter
Aug 4, 2013, 07:57 AM
So...Earth Technics

Got replaced by useless Wind technics. Dam Sega bring back the Earth technics!!!!!!

Also why doesn't comes to mind to everyone that slicer and cards basically just got replaced by talis? Slicer got no chance of coming back.

i wouldnt mind seeing a mellee weapons that used the feet, kickboxing?

Jet boots with blades anyone?

gigawuts
Aug 4, 2013, 08:04 AM
I'm actually quite content with the weapons we did get, being an old PSO buff. I only have two words:

Chain.

Sawd.

That is all.

It's in the files. Considering how much players completely adore this weapon, I fully expect it to be an 11*, but they might give us a break and make it a really good but fairly rare/expensive 10* like the inferno cannon.

starwhisper
Aug 4, 2013, 09:52 AM
I think that there is one weapon type that pso2 needs badly, and I'm amazed nobody mentioned them : TWIN SABERS !

Like this :
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Esperanza-psp2i-300x170.jpg

With this weapon the melees could throw away their knives and deadly archers and kill stuffs like sirs !!

Chdata
Aug 4, 2013, 10:09 AM
so slow that it's dps is out matched easily

The point of slow is that it does so much damage per hit that it has the same DPS as other stuff.

btw we need Kirito dual wield saber skill that lets you attack extra fast

Cyclon
Aug 4, 2013, 10:13 AM
useless Wind technics.You didn't just say that. Nah, trust me, you didn't.
But I'm definitely not against earth techs making a comeback.

Also why doesn't comes to mind to everyone that slicer and cards basically just got replaced by talis? Slicer got no chance of coming back.It's pretty obvious talises ARE cards. But I guess it's true they're a little too similar to PS0's slicer for it to have a good chance of coming back. There's still nothing close to PSO and PSU's slicer in this game though.

Jet boots with blades anyone?It's comin'. Why you think fists are exclusively about punching?

Rien
Aug 4, 2013, 10:22 AM
It's comin'. Why you think fists are exclusively about punching?

Because they're called fists?

No really, knuckles simply aren't going to get kick PAs.

Cyclon
Aug 4, 2013, 10:49 AM
Because they're called fists?

No really, knuckles simply aren't going to get kick PAs.Well I'm beaten here. You got me.

Seriously though, most melee weapons deal damage with their legs in one way or another. The fact that fists, that are about hand to hand combat, don't, feels very deliberate to me. And the only reason I can think of is that it'd make a weapon exclusively based on kicking redundant.

Edit: That being said, mechguns and daggers were both released at the same time as fists and got an higher than usual rate of kicks and attacks using the legs, so it's hard to be sure.

boomboom
Aug 4, 2013, 01:16 PM
haa, mobile suits

strikerhunter
Aug 4, 2013, 01:30 PM
You didn't just say that. Nah, trust me, you didn't.
But I'm definitely not against earth techs making a comeback.

Most wing techs are too situational in which cases are rare (except the new wind tech). Don't get me wrong, they are useful but it's just that they don't get to shine as much as other techs.

It's pretty obvious talises ARE cards. But I guess it's true they're a little too similar to PS0's slicer for it to have a good chance of coming back. There's still nothing close to PSO and PSU's slicer in this game though.

I actually wanted slicers back, but to the fact that talis basically an tech form of slicers (basically throwing the slicer and being able to cast techs) leads me to doubt it'll come back. Then again Slicers could come back as a R-atk based weapon with a new mechanic which gives it a shot of coming back.

The point of slow is that it does so much damage per hit that it has the same DPS as other stuff.

If they have an invisibility or of some sort to avoid getting staggered/knockbac in PSO2, then yes they will be a good weapon class addition. But since you can be staggered, using such a slow weapon leaves you open unless you have something like OE's unstaggerable state or that one skill from hunter line which I forgot it's name =\

Chdata
Aug 4, 2013, 02:14 PM
You mean super armour

Common thing in games that lets you take hits without being stunned or stopped at all. At most you get hitstun very shortly. Generally you take more dmg during this or some games slightly reduced damage.

Also if PSO2 already has a super armour skill then I didn't know ;p

gigawuts
Aug 4, 2013, 02:20 PM
I want hammers exactly as they exist in Monster Hunter, golf swing and all. Srs.

SakuRei
Aug 4, 2013, 07:39 PM
Seriously though, most melee weapons deal damage with their legs in one way or another. The fact that fists, that are about hand to hand combat, don't, feels very deliberate to me. And the only reason I can think of is that it'd make a weapon exclusively based on kicking redundant.

Edit: That being said, mechguns and daggers were both released at the same time as fists and got an higher than usual rate of kicks and attacks using the legs, so it's hard to be sure.

Hmm... Since Knuckles are based on Boxing type attacks, wonder what's a good gear for the Kicks...Leg Blades should be good... (was gonna suggest Beowulf or Gilgamesh of DMC Series but I think they have punches and kicks mixed within that weapon...)

Fists and Kicks aside, I was hoping for a "REAL SCYTHE" as well, but sadly SEGA implemented it as a variant of Partizan (There are slashing PA''s but still... Partizans are Partizans, and I think there is also a Scythe weapon on the Sword. (= =''_) )

AND yes... The Sword and Shield, which I thought that SEGA will release it this Ep. 02 as the 2nd class of Braver (I was hoping the name of the 2nd class will be Vanguard due to the sword and shield) cause of the Teaser of Ep. 02 was shown but in the end it became the variant of Katana... THANK YOU SEGA FOR TROLLING ABOUT THE SWORD AND SHIELD... = =''

Laxedrane
Aug 4, 2013, 08:24 PM
I want hammers exactly as they exist in Monster Hunter, golf swing and all. Srs.

I wanted meru from legend of dragoon as a basis of hammers.
Could use bayonetta Ice skates as a basis for a kicking style. Give a cool run animation too.

Skye-Fox713
Aug 4, 2013, 08:47 PM
For me I would like to see Shotguns in Pso2. Perhaps as a weapon between a rifle and the TMG's

Lostbob117
Aug 4, 2013, 08:53 PM
lolwut

We have all the weapon types available in the data so far. We're not missing any at the current moment.

gigawuts
Aug 4, 2013, 09:19 PM
We have all the weapon types available in the data so far. We're not missing any at the current moment.

now when you say "all the weapon types" what exactly do you mean?

The Walrus
Aug 4, 2013, 09:22 PM

http://i.imgur.com/sSwgwAs.jpg

Kondibon
Aug 4, 2013, 09:32 PM

Pretty sure he means we aren't missing any of the weapons in the data files right now, as in there aren't any weapons found we don't have yet. Though, wasn't info on shotguns datamined a while back?

Lostbob117
Aug 4, 2013, 09:37 PM

The weapon types in the data of pso2.

Pretty sure he means we aren't missing any of the weapons in the data files right now, as in there aren't any weapons found we don't have yet. Though, wasn't info on shotguns datamined a while back?

No, iirc. Probably was a rumor.

strikerhunter
Aug 4, 2013, 09:37 PM

Breaking news, this ain't monster hunter.

gigawuts
Aug 4, 2013, 09:49 PM
The weapon types in the data of pso2.

No, iirc. Probably was a rumor.

From your wording you make it sound like every single possible weapon type can be found in the files, which I doubt is the case.

Breaking news, this ain't monster hunter.

Does this contribute to the thread somehow, or were you just being asinine for the sake of it? Because, to the best of my knowledge, a very hefty portion of content or mechanics new to the PS franchise in PSO2 was lifted directly off of MH and similar games - so there's a strong argument to be made that, yes, PSO2 really is more like MH than PSO1 or PSU. And that's not to mention that a game does not need to be another game to want something in it. So stop that.

Vashyron
Aug 5, 2013, 05:49 AM
Since Alpha, I believe the Shotgun thing came from a certain gun design in the background of the weapon shop. Where they are all modified existing weapons, Zanba, Coat Edge, Full Cylinder and something resembling what could be a shotgun with the Full Cylinder's color scheme and grip.

I wonder if it's just reused remnants of PSO2 in it's very early stage of before "Alpha test" (http://youtu.be/RJHahthCp4M), where even the Coat Edge and Full Cylinder weapons designs were already implemented.

As far as datamining is concerned, no there isn't any Shotgun type in the data right now.

Macman
Aug 5, 2013, 07:37 AM
No really, knuckles simply aren't going to get kick PAs.
Because all the kick PAs went to TMGs! :wacko:

Punisher106
Aug 5, 2013, 08:09 AM
I've noticed how the advanced classes seem to use duals.

Here's to hoping to GOD that we get twin swords for the Braver Subclass. With Sakai talking about the S&Y, and the fact that katanas are a thing, it has to happen.

gigawuts
Aug 5, 2013, 08:12 AM
We got our would-be samurai class, maybe the next one will be a swashbuckler!

landman
Aug 5, 2013, 08:12 AM
Shields and PSU-machineguns are the missing ones in the thread, but I love how they invented wired lances, I'd love to see more new weapon types.

I always wanted some kind of striking tech weapon, something you merge a tech and a striking attack, you know, doing fire shoryukens and such.

strikerhunter
Aug 5, 2013, 08:14 AM
Shields and PSU-machineguns are the missing ones in the thread, but I love how they invented wired lances, I'd love to see more new weapon types.

I always wanted some kind of striking tech weapon, something you merge a tech and a striking attack, you know, doing fire shoryukens and such.

Macineguns got replaced by TMGs.

landman
Aug 5, 2013, 08:16 AM
TMG look to me like PSO mechs and PSU dual guns. I'm talking about a minigun.

strikerhunter
Aug 5, 2013, 08:21 AM
TMG look to me like PSO mechs and PSU dual guns. I'm talking about a minigun.

Yea I know, the SMG one hander. TMGs are basically the dual handed version of it, taking dual wielding from Twin pistols from PSU + with SMGs over pistols.

Overall, it wouldn't surprise me if they pop up a one-handed gun.

gigawuts
Aug 5, 2013, 08:32 AM
No he doesn't mean-

actually i'll just link a somewhat relevant video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QM1eTAwOYc

that's closer to what he means, I think

Macman
Aug 5, 2013, 08:36 AM
L&K38 Combat

gigawuts
Aug 5, 2013, 08:40 AM
L&K38 Combat

Bad news mate

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?L%EF%BC%86K%E3%82%B3%E3%83%B3%E3%83%90%E 3%83%83%E3%83%88%EF%BC%8F%E3%83%AA%E3%83%92%E3%83% 88

And it's a /licht.

Shambertin
Aug 5, 2013, 09:03 AM
never mind new weapon types... i want my lavis double saber >:O o and lavis arrow. and baranz launcher..... lol like that will happen...

Z-0
Aug 5, 2013, 09:06 AM
Bad news mate

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?L%EF%BC%86K%E3%82%B3%E3%83%B3%E3%83%90%E 3%83%83%E3%83%88%EF%BC%8F%E3%83%AA%E3%83%92%E3%83% 88

And it's a /licht.
That's a reskin of LK14, not 38.

Macman
Aug 5, 2013, 09:10 AM
What Z-0 said.
You thought this:
http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=118&sortby=name

I was talking about this:
http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2531&sortby=name

gigawuts
Aug 5, 2013, 09:16 AM
Oh cool, I didn't know they made that. I want that.

Shadowth117
Aug 5, 2013, 09:27 AM

Get an Avenger then? Yeah it would be cool to see a mini gun class of weapon come out, but that's the closest we have for the moment.

I'm sure it was mentioned already (don't feel like reading the whole thing right now), but it would be really cool to see slicers come back. Maybe give them Tatk based damage ala PSZ?

Macman
Aug 5, 2013, 09:43 AM
It was pretty awesome. It fired like a shotgun, but instead of a wide spray of bullets or a rocket, it shot out 5 bullets in quick succession straight ahead.

On "the-server-that-shall-not-be-named" it was combo-unlocked and turned into a formidable weapon at 15 shots per combo.

boomboom
Aug 5, 2013, 10:23 AM
We got our would-be samurai class, maybe the next one will be a swashbuckler!

ohh, i like that idea, but hunter already have just guard, so buckler function would be deploy area shield for party defense? or all direction absolute defense, i actually want that, make a paladin-like class, taker

untrustful
Aug 5, 2013, 11:54 AM
More all class weapons like gunslash.

Mekhana
Aug 5, 2013, 12:09 PM
Gunners with shotguns would be so sweet.

HIT0SHI
Aug 5, 2013, 12:43 PM
Gunners with shotguns would be so sweet.

Especially when Gunners have the Zero Range boost on the Skilltree! :D

Gardios
Aug 5, 2013, 12:52 PM
ohh, i like that idea, but hunter already have just guard, so buckler function would be deploy area shield for party defense? or all direction absolute defense, i actually want that, make a paladin-like class, taker

Give it to Hunter so I can be happy. :(

gigawuts
Aug 5, 2013, 12:59 PM
Well braver got just guard on katanas without even requiring a skill to use it, so I'm not sure why another melee class couldn't have it too.

boomboom
Aug 6, 2013, 06:35 AM
Well braver got just guard on katanas without even requiring a skill to use it, so I'm not sure why another melee class couldn't have it too.

its counter, not just-guard, well each class has its own playstyle, braver with its timing style fighting, hunter with its sdef, fighter with its evasive action,quick attack.
if hunter and fighter has counter without needing class skill, i as melee prefered wouldnt consider playing braver.

gigawuts
Aug 6, 2013, 07:34 AM
Whatever the fuck it is you want to call it, it blocks damage from the front and deals damage in return, giving you a brief period of invuln frames (shorter than JG). It only happens when you time it correctly, otherwise it behaves like an ordinary guard - which was also previously unique to hunter weapons.

It is the exact same concept and it does not require an SP investment to use.

Macman
Aug 6, 2013, 08:17 AM
And yet, you can guard with all-class hunter weapons even without a hunter subclass, despite guard being a skill on the hunter tree...

gigawuts
Aug 6, 2013, 08:25 AM
Yeah, that's just the icing on the cake. They limited the weapons so they could make it seem like skilltrees were offering improvements, when that should've been an innate weapon property from the get. They should really go back and remove JG from the skilltree and just put it on all the weapons now - they've lost the only possible valid excuse for not doing it, which was non-hunters using allclass weapons to use just guard against powerful attacks. People can do that with the cheapo allclass katana now.

HIT0SHI
Aug 6, 2013, 08:27 AM
But you can't Just Counter unless you have it unlocked on the Hunter or Fighter Skilltree regardless of the weapon. Katana doesn't follow this rule however...

gigawuts
Aug 6, 2013, 08:32 AM
Just Guard is the zero damage timed block, Just Counter is just a bonus Just Attack after a JG. Fighter doesn't have JG, although it does have a few autoguard options with daggers (twirl parry, between normal swipes, and now during bloody sarabande) and on acro effect - but these do not inflict return damage (at least not in the same way), nor do they offer invuln frames, and they require more precise timing. The closest thing to invuln frames you can get with fighter weapons is the dagger parry, which has autoguard while already having invuln frames and will have its guard time extended by rapid successive attacks (see: quartz's grants rain).

HIT0SHI
Aug 6, 2013, 08:42 AM
Ohhhhh riiiiiiight, nvm about Fighter. Just remembered that Knuckles have a duck move and Double Saber doesn't have a guard. Daggers do have a guard and Just Guard though im not sure if there the same as Katana or if you need Just Guard from the Hunter tree.

gigawuts
Aug 6, 2013, 08:52 AM
I literally just explained what they have and what the difference is.

HIT0SHI
Aug 6, 2013, 09:17 AM
I posted my comment the just minutes after yours. I did read it and know the difference now in comparison to earlier, however it was stupid in my part of not correcting my OP (editing) of adding Fighter when it does not having Just Guard.

I'll just leave it there un-edited for future reference of what i meant.

gigawuts
Aug 6, 2013, 09:21 AM
Yeah, I do that too.

I think turning just guard into an innate function of hunter weapons would be a good thing - it would set a standard and open up options for more weapons. Things like mechgun flips, melee weapon just guard and parry, etc. should all be completely standard. This opens up the door for more unique options in the future that don't require an SP investment, so you can spend that SP elsewhere in the tree.

If they freed up that 4 SP in the HU tree and cut down how SP intensive the fury branch is, HU could maybe actually be about tanking and damage, like they clearly intended it to be. And having that diversity would be good.

Rien
Aug 6, 2013, 10:24 AM
You can JG after the twirl parry though so JG and Jcounter should not even be present in the tree anymore.

Scarlet-Star
Aug 6, 2013, 10:34 AM
Actual scythes? especially as them being a weapon type on their own~

Rien
Aug 6, 2013, 10:44 AM
Nope probably not happening.

They're probably going to make a laser cannon PA for launchers and forsake the whole laser cannon weapon type.

Shirai
Aug 6, 2013, 10:53 AM
Bringing back Slicers would be nice.

Zyrusticae
Aug 6, 2013, 11:09 AM
Nope probably not happening.

They're probably going to make a laser cannon PA for launchers and forsake the whole laser cannon weapon type.
But the whole point of having laser cannons in PSO2 is so that their normal attack can be a held-down, constant barrage of fire (as opposed to the 'tap' 'tap' 'tap' that it was in PSU). I can already imagine they would have a PA like Infinite Fire where the intensity of the beam depends on how fast you can tap...

Z-0
Aug 6, 2013, 11:10 AM
But the whole point of having laser cannons in PSO2 is so that their normal attack can be a held-down, constant barrage of fire (as opposed to the 'tap' 'tap' 'tap' that it was in PSU).
Yeah that's already in the game, it's a Launcher PA.

Zyrusticae
Aug 6, 2013, 11:32 AM
And launchers were already in the game too, it's an assault rifle PA.

Seriously, are you actually making that argument?

Rien
Aug 6, 2013, 09:38 PM
But the whole point of having laser cannons in PSO2 is so that their normal attack can be a held-down, constant barrage of fire (as opposed to the 'tap' 'tap' 'tap' that it was in PSU). I can already imagine they would have a PA like Infinite Fire where the intensity of the beam depends on how fast you can tap...

No, it will be Na Barta style.

Macman
Aug 7, 2013, 12:24 AM
Laser cannons, hm? PA ideas for that off the top of my head would be:

A constant laser shot that steadily drains PP
Pointing your laser into the ground, the laser then bursts out of the ground under whatever enemy you're targetting
One laser that splits off into multiple a few meters out
Samegid/Master Shot clone homing cluster
Charging a large light-ball that explodes on contact with the terrain, but goes through everything else

yoshiblue
Aug 7, 2013, 01:22 AM
Artillery mode with Cannons would be cool. Just set that thing down, open the map and provide cover fire. Though it would kinda make more sense with a launcher.

NintenJon25
Aug 7, 2013, 01:27 AM
Where are the claw weapons!? That was my favorite weapon.
And there was another weapon set called, I believe, "cards" that were like fans that fired out projectiles.

Does anyone know if there are plans to bring these weapons back? I mean after all, if this game follows P.S. history our level cap will increase tremendously and new weapon types and classes will be introduced, but still, I want my claws!

/end venting

I still miss my slicers, but the wired lance sort of fills that gaping hole for me... :(

To make us all feel better, though, SEGA does still plan on adding far more weapons, areas, story quests, etc. in the future. We should just be a little patient.

We just had a huge update that slapped us in the face with a totally new race we never knew about previously, a bunch of new weapons associated with that, we have the ability to seamlessly switch between classes on the fly...I think that's all worthy enough of filling in those holes.

As said, though, Slicers and Claws were mainstays of Phantasy Star as a series, so I doubt we'll have to wait much longer to get them. Me thinks the Slicer would be for All Classes and that the Claws would only be available for Fighter-class.

strikerhunter
Artillery mode with Cannons would be cool. Just set that thing down, open the map and provide cover fire. Though it would kinda make more sense with a launcher.

What bout a laser barrage similar to the one of the PB's attack from above? Sure as hell would love to see that turned into a Lazer Cannon PA.

We just had a huge update that slapped us in the face with a totally new race we never knew about previously, a bunch of new weapons associated with that, we have the ability to seamlessly switch between classes on the fly...I think that's all worthy enough of filling in those holes.

Actually for those that played PSP2i, they already know bout dewmans. And for those that tuned into dataming, there was a leak that dewman's code was in the game already long before the release of Episode 2.

Zenobia
Give me my Axe and we can call this a wrap that is all I want.

NintenJon25
Aug 7, 2013, 01:34 AM
What bout a laser barrage similar to the one of the PB's attack from above? Sure as hell would love to see that turned into a Lazer Cannon PA.

Actually for those that played PSP2i, they already know bout dewmans. And for those that tuned into dataming, there was a leak that dewman's code was in the game already long before the release of Episode 2.

Nice! Never knew about the Dewmans, honestly, until the Episode 2 update. I had PSP but didn't get into PSP2 because I had sold my PlayStation Portable before that game came out in order to save for the Vita. :c

Gladly, I can play PSO2 now while I'm on the go with the Vita...that way may life will forever be consumed for the next five-or-more years with all that PSO2 goodness until PSO3. *-*

strikerhunter
Aug 7, 2013, 01:36 AM
Nice! Never knew about the Dewmans, honestly, until the Episode 2 update. I had PSP but didn't get into PSP2 because I had sold my PlayStation Portable before that game came out in order to save for the Vita. :c

Gladly, I can play PSO2 now while I'm on the go with the Vita...that way may life will forever be consumed for the next five-or-more years with all that PSO2 goodness until PSO3. *-*

Off topic: Summer 2013..................beasts and axes :D

o0Kais0o
Aug 7, 2013, 02:26 AM
Twin Sabers, they were just a lot of fun to me and I loved the pa's and Axes because the damage out put was awesome.

Edit: On the subject of twin saber pa's and taking into account Sega's laziness, they could give us Blade Destruction by taking the 3 parts of it and having them be separate pa's... Easy work for them and my favorite pa of all time for me. Us. Whatever.

Shambertin
Aug 7, 2013, 02:27 AM
whips plox and laser cannons. lol did someone in this thread really have no clue about dumans.... really gtfo heathen. learn to portable infinity. lol

Chdata
Aug 7, 2013, 03:49 AM
My favorite idea so far was the shotgun.

I'd like to see an extremely hit and run oriented melee weapon, like tech bombs.

For the weapon, something where you'd optimally want to jump at something, hit it, and jump back a few steps for a second.

It could be a new techer melee that makes hits plant an explosive element aura on enemies that explodes like a sparzyle so you have to jump away or you'll damage yourself with it. It'd be a gear skill or something.

Blast Batons anyone?

Something guerrilla sounds neat.

I'd also like to see flails or something.

Rien
Aug 7, 2013, 03:52 AM
It could be a new techer melee that makes hits plant an explosive element aura on enemies that explodes like a sparzyle so you have to jump away or you'll damage yourself with it.

Too much trolling/friendly fire potential

Chdata
Aug 7, 2013, 03:54 AM
i thought it was obvious that it'd be completely stupid to make it hit other players.

Your spells, your problems. Damage to caster (only), y'know.

Rien
Aug 7, 2013, 03:57 AM
You think SEGA is smart enough to make things work like that?

It's either friendly fire to all (including yourself) or no friendly fire at all.

But really, this game needs more lasers.

Chdata
Aug 7, 2013, 04:10 AM
I'm pretty sure the choices would be "they make it only self-damaging" or "they don't make it".

A mechanic to harm other players definitely not something they would pass through.

Also speaking of lasers, that reminds me of Megaman Legends 2 a lot.

More importantly, we need more enemies with range/tech based attacks.

MML2 had tons of things that shoot energy projectiles ;p

aarrrrrrrrrrr I wish I had a capture card or something so I could record MML2 !!!

Nitro Vordex
Aug 7, 2013, 04:37 AM

Edit: That being said, mechguns and daggers were both released at the same time as fists and got an higher than usual rate of kicks and attacks using the legs, so it's hard to be sure.It's not that crazy. It's dumb, sure, but not that crazy. If someone is meant to be about punching and knuckles, why look at legs? The other weapons make sense because they mesh well and might have history. (EG daggers having kicks in them already, even in normal attack animation.)

Hmm... Since Knuckles are based on Boxing type attacks, wonder what's a good gear for the Kicks...Leg Blades should be good... (was gonna suggest Beowulf or Gilgamesh of DMC Series but I think they have punches and kicks mixed within that weapon...)

Greaves, al la Regal Bryant. Bladed variants would work too.

[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v381/Inune54/ToS%20stuff/con_regal.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Cyclon
Aug 7, 2013, 07:49 AM
It's not that crazy. It's dumb, sure, but not that crazy. If someone is meant to be about punching and knuckles, why look at legs? The other weapons make sense because they mesh well and might have history. (EG daggers having kicks in them already, even in normal attack animation.)That has never stopped them from having fist weapons use the legs from time to time in previous games. And in fact, people were expecting that in PSO2 as well. What we have here is a first if I'm not mistaken. It's subject to change of course, but when you have nine PAs, three normal attacks, a dash attack and a weapon action at your disposal and you make none of those use the legs at any point on a weapon about hand to hand combat... it does feel deliberate.

Regal BryantYes, yes, yes, yes. Also yes.

CloudChaser
Aug 7, 2013, 02:10 PM
I would like then to have the saber and handgun back personally. The gunslash is cool and all but a combo that mixes the use of a sword and gun wuld be pretty badass especially the photon arts they could have.

Imjake
Aug 9, 2013, 08:04 AM
Yeah i still want my claws! I had a great char. on PSU that exclusively used claws and fist-weapons :(