PDA

View Full Version : Looks like accounts were compromised again

SociableTyrannosaur
Aug 4, 2013, 05:53 AM
プレイ中の皆様にお知らせいたします。  現在、不正アクセスと思われる被害報告が非常に多く寄せられてお ります。  また、大手他社サービスにおいて、IDや一部の登録情報が流出したなどの情報も報じられており ます。  皆様の大切なデータを守るための対策として、オフィシャルサイトに、  【重要】パスワード変更 のお願いとアカウント情報の管理に関するご注意  のお知らせを掲載いたしました。  必ずご確認いただき ますようお願いいたします。

Roughly:

Attention: We've discovered evidence of unauthorized access by a 3rd party. Registration and ID information for some accounts may be compromised. We urge all players to change their passwords.

That's all well and good, but I can't remember my account info. Not sure what I used for my name and secret question since that was about 2 years ago. Does it all have to match the old info or do they just want an update?

jooozek
Aug 4, 2013, 06:05 AM
let me quote Ricardo to clear this out
"@ ReverseSeraf – Not quite, they’re saying, a third party could use information leaked from another company to log into your sega id account. Sega didn’t confirm any leaks on their end."

S N K
Aug 4, 2013, 06:53 AM
プレイ中の皆様にお知らせいたします。  現在、不正アクセスと思われる被害報告が非常に多く寄せられてお ります。  また、大手他社サービスにおいて、IDや一部の登録情報が流出したなどの情報も報じられており ます。  皆様の大切なデータを守るための対策として、オフィシャルサイトに、  【重要】パスワード変更 のお願いとアカウント情報の管理に関するご注意  のお知らせを掲載いたしました。  必ずご確認いただき ますようお願いいたします。

Roughly:

Attention: We've discovered evidence of unauthorized access by a 3rd party. Registration and ID information for some accounts may be compromised. We urge all players to change their passwords.

That's all well and good, but I can't remember my account info. Not sure what I used for my name and secret question since that was about 2 years ago. Does it all have to match the old info or do they just want an update?

Fucking amazing.... that kinda shit did not take long....

Ezodagrom
Aug 4, 2013, 06:58 AM
Fucking amazing.... that kinda shit did not take long....

let me quote Ricardo to clear this out
"@ ReverseSeraf – Not quite, they’re saying, a third party could use information leaked from another company to log into your sega id account. Sega didn’t confirm any leaks on their end."
So basically accounts from some other website/company were leaked and this is just a warning for people who use the same account name and password for different things.

S N K
Aug 4, 2013, 07:53 AM
Just bothers me that this is even an issue. I know some people arn't thrilled about PSO's track record like I am but that doesn't mean you need to be a douche and try to bother people enjoying the game.

Ezodagrom
Aug 4, 2013, 08:00 AM
Just bothers me that this is even an issue. I know some people arn't thrilled about PSO's track record like I am but that doesn't mean you need to be a douche and try to bother people enjoying the game.
Again...nothing from SEGA was leaked, the leak happened to some other company (which is not named in the report) and SEGA is just warning those who use the same password for different websites to be careful, it's for those that use the same account name and password for PSO2 and the company that had the leak.