PDA

View Full Version : So... What's Everyone Doing Now on PSO2?

Evangelion X.XX
Aug 6, 2013, 10:00 PM
So what's everyone doing now? Just whatever with the occasional Falz E-Quest? TACO's? Matter Boards?

I've just been spamming Border Break like crazy in hopes of getting some rares so I can sell them in the Player Shop... gotta rack up the moolah somehow; also spamming Xie's, Franka's, and Girard's Client Orders to get my Braver to Lv. 60.

And now I have ~25 million Meseta was thinking about blowing it all on a certain Flamme Icarus from Player Shop with Quartz Soul, Power III, Spirita III, Spirita Boost. Do you guys think it's worth it or would it be a hell of a lot cheaper (though frustrating) to just buy one for like 2 million and then affix everything myself? Your thoughts? Would buying the Flamme Icarus with all the affixes be a dumbass's move?

RedRaz0r
Aug 6, 2013, 10:05 PM
Buying it would be a lazy move, but one that I would personally do.

I've been leveling gunner. I never wanted to unlock it before because I despise ranger, but with Braver I was able to unlock it easily, and then I found a Flame Visit. Living the good life

Chik'Tikka
Aug 6, 2013, 10:05 PM
if you have a shop yourself, i would blow all that one the next super popular ticket+^_^+ tehn sell those for 3x as much in 2 months+^_^+

vantwan123
Aug 6, 2013, 10:08 PM
Depends on how much element the weapon has. I don't think I'd spend 20m for a 4 slot weapon affix without even a status effect nor power boost. Then again I've been afking mostly this week aside from falz/TA so I'm not up-to-date on the current fodder prices.

Ezodagrom
Aug 6, 2013, 10:09 PM
I usually do AQs/TAs/XQs or whatever team mates or friends may want to do (if I'm not busy), or I do random COs or matterboard stuff when I don't have anything else to do (lately been leveling up my Dewman also, and unlocking the matterboard for her).

I've just been spamming Border Break like crazy in hopes of getting some rares so I can sell them in the Player Shop...
A small note related to this, the Border Break quest is being removed in today's update. ^^;

strikerhunter
Aug 6, 2013, 10:17 PM
A small note related to this, the Border Break quest is being removed in today's update. ^^;

NO!!!!!!! BB is one of the few quests I actually liked. Oh well, bye-bye persona.

Been leveling up my Dewman Braver with BB, but guess I'll start AQing on her since BB is now gone.

Haven't TA in like a week, been busy with falz, only doing Ruins and City AQ, doing BR, and hunting Argni non-stop. All done with team.

Rexob
Aug 6, 2013, 10:19 PM
I finally broke down and figured out how to play the JP version...so I'm just starting in PSO2 lol

I've been playing PSO since it originally came out on the DC and about every other online iteration since...got tired of waiting and the JP version sees all of Sega's <3

Freshellent
Aug 6, 2013, 10:24 PM
Hah, knew I should have done my dailies for BB. Good riddance though.

I just back into the game since last summerish- thank you again AIDA. Soooo, I'm experiencing the content for the first time. Excited about the pirate parts and just trying to learn the game now that so much has changed. Fighter is so much goddamn fun, and I picked up Techer as a sub.

Also trying to force myself to play Ranger, to unlock Gunner. Doesn't take that long these days, just lazy.

Man, I missed this game.

Yutaka20
Aug 6, 2013, 10:27 PM
I finally broke down and figured out how to play the JP version...so I'm just starting in PSO2 lol

I've been playing PSO since it originally came out on the DC and about every other online iteration since...got tired of waiting and the JP version sees all of Sega's <3

lol u shouldnt even bother with waiting for the english version to be out.
the only known source is that asiasoft is gonna be the carrier of pso2 eng vers.
so i wont even bother.pso2 jp has a better community and player.release of stuff is so much better.
and seeing how SEA is always having "censorship" due to costume being overly explict i can expect they will not release all the cool sexy costume that pso2 jp can offer :/
who knows maybe u might end up naked cos the costume is expired from 30days duration LOl!!

Yutaka20
Aug 6, 2013, 10:31 PM

I just back into the game since last summerish- thank you again AIDA. Soooo, I'm experiencing the content for the first time. Excited about the pirate parts and just trying to learn the game now that so much has changed. Fighter is so much goddamn fun, and I picked up Techer as a sub.

Also trying to force myself to play Ranger, to unlock Gunner. Doesn't take that long these days, just lazy.

Man, I missed this game.

try br :3 u will love it even more
and lvling br to 30 unlocks all classes

Sylphia
Aug 6, 2013, 10:31 PM
Level br to 30 to unlock gunner. More fun than ra imho early lvl's.

Rien
Aug 6, 2013, 10:32 PM
I hated BB because of persona.

Z-0
Aug 6, 2013, 10:33 PM
I just farm meseta by spamming Advanced Quests and buying cheap stuff. I do TACOs too but that's not really anything special.

Been doing some Time Attack recently for a few things, did some things like:

5:22 Lilipa Duo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJY1e6VclyA)
4:33 Altar 4P (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--UHicmN6qM&feature=youtu.be)
2:20 Arks GP Duo (no vid coz we can sub-2)

Just having fun playing the game and stuff. _(:3」Sucks that all the August updates don't really add anything to the game.

Rexob
Aug 6, 2013, 10:34 PM
lol u shouldnt even bother with waiting for the english version to be out.
the only known source is that asiasoft is gonna be the carrier of pso2 eng vers.
so i wont even bother.pso2 jp has a better community and player.release of stuff is so much better.
and seeing how SEA is always having "censorship" due to costume being overly explict i can expect they will not release all the cool sexy costume that pso2 jp can offer :/
who knows maybe u might end up naked cos the costume is expired from 30days duration LOl!!

Yeh, I'm glad I finally made myself beat the captchcas lol...if anyone has a few moments one evening a quick walk through would be nice though...I've played all of the previous PSO/U, but trying to adjust to not exactly knowing what everything is; I did install all of the English patches, but still a bit fuzzy exactly.

GHNeko
Aug 6, 2013, 10:38 PM
I've been building my Braver/Techer! BECAUSE I CAN. Screw common builds!

Also, I've been recruiting for my team, and because I'm new (again) to PSO2. I've been playing through the matter board.

Evangelion X.XX
Aug 6, 2013, 10:42 PM
I love BB, but hated Persona too... always hated his "Final Attacks" (attacks performed even though he had already died) since they catch me off-guard sometimes because I'm too busy celebrating the victory.

NoiseHERO
Aug 6, 2013, 10:44 PM
I thought the only thing that should be done was taco's and being a beach ninja, but I guess TCO's now. D:

Ezodagrom
Aug 6, 2013, 10:44 PM
*Thumbs up*
[spoiler-box]Greetings from a fellow BR/TE. :>

http://imageshack.us/a/img838/1485/gj1k.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Sylphia
Aug 6, 2013, 10:48 PM
I hated persona till she dropped a nice grape sword. I loved persona on the Xmeseta days though... w

But I never did come to like Dudu any more than I never did.... And I found that personally, I'd rather be subjected to Dudu, than listen to Monica's simpering....

BIG OLAF
Aug 6, 2013, 10:49 PM
*checks thread to see if anyone said this yet*

Nope. Okay.

I'm not doing anything. The servers are down.

Blundy
Aug 6, 2013, 10:52 PM
got frustrated with running out of PP as a 45 fire force, just went and unlocked gunner.

i'll see which i like end up liking better

strikerhunter
Aug 6, 2013, 10:56 PM

I feel ya bro, but it's going to be a nut-hard-head for me to train Techer now since BB is gone. But hey, new EQ Beach Wars may help ^^

TheMagickHat77
Aug 6, 2013, 10:58 PM
Been busy getting all of my characters to a point where they can subclass right now (4/8 right now). Got kind of burned out on BB, so I'll not miss that when it's gone. Yeah, I know it's a good source of leveling but I can only do that thing so many times (and get my ass handed to me by Persona or Cougar) before I say I'm done.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 6, 2013, 10:58 PM

Man, I missed this game.

This is a bit overdue - But it's great to have you back, Fresh. o7

GHNeko
Aug 6, 2013, 11:00 PM
I feel ya bro, but it's going to be a nut-hard-head for me to train Techer now since BB is gone. But hey, new EQ Beach Wars may help ^^

My friend brought to my attention that Braver/Techer is potentially legit through Braver's Weak Stance and Techer's Element Weak Spot skills.

So when I get a skill reset, I'll go that route.

Also, new EQ? Do tell.

Metalsnake27
Aug 6, 2013, 11:05 PM
Um... just finished Chapter 4 so I'm all caught up in terms of Matterboard... now finally starting Tunnels (at level 43) and doing a crap-ton of client orders and Matterboard stuff. So just progressing through the game lol. (I haven't played in like a week)

Also unlocked Very Hard today after the Vardha EQ... so that was fun.

AlaskanKactus
Aug 6, 2013, 11:07 PM
I'm going to miss BB so much, its one of the few quests that I loved to run through.
I'll even miss Persona even though he never dropped his sword :(

I guess now I'll just be doing random COs for Revelle and Franka. Maybe I'll finally finish Ruins and Coast.

You know what, I'm going to make a Br/Ra build because I feel like it (^~^)

strikerhunter
Aug 6, 2013, 11:09 PM
My friend brought to my attention that Braver/Techer is potentially legit through Braver's Weak Stance and Techer's Element Weak Spot skills.

So when I get a skill reset, I'll go that route.

Also, new EQ? Do tell.

New EQ is your normal seasonal EQ. Beach Wars EQ, same thing as White Day and W&R. Collect points by killing and codes. Though they never said anything on higher chance of rares like what they did with W&R. Monsters in EQ are level 50, so unless mobs there can be lvl 51, I don't see how the 2 10* katanas can be farmed.

Oh yea, also new Bingo Card.

Br/Te actually came into my mind with KC+Zondeel blast to get hits a fast as possible and aoe destruction or aka mob wiping. WS+Element Weak Spot for boss fights with bow and techs. Might switch it around if I ever get Agito.

I'm going to miss BB so much, its one of the few quests that I loved to run through.
I'll even miss Persona even though he never dropped his sword :(

I'm going to miss it as well. I'm even going to miss persona stalking my girls when trying to steal his sword only to end up empty handed with 2k+ mesta.
I actually felt that BB is the only quest (besides EQs and AQs) that people would actually join in as a random MPA. BB was fun while it lasted.
Sega should make more quests similar to BB and encourage more MPAs by making MPAs server-wide and not block-wise.

AlaskanKactus
Aug 6, 2013, 11:23 PM
I actually felt that BB is the only quest (besides EQs and AQs) that people would actually join in as a random MPA. BB was fun while it lasted.
Sega should make more quests similar to BB and encourage more MPAs by making MPAs server-wide and not block-wise.

I agree, BB was a good way to take a break from the standard quest ladder. I'm a solo player so when I felt like playing with others I would just jump on BB. It's pretty much guaranteed to have at least 6/12 players.

We need more quests like it.

strikerhunter
Aug 6, 2013, 11:28 PM
I agree, BB was a good way to take a break from the standard quest ladder. I'm a solo player so when I felt like playing with others I would just jump on BB. It's pretty much guaranteed to have at least 6/12 players.

The first missions on every planet is something in similar but restricted to 4 and spawns sucks and explorations are, well, just not interesting or fun MPAs. Farming Beach for 10* katanas and bows was boring since there isn't a lot of bosses that appears there (even the darkers) to make things interesting.

I think the main factor on what made BB fun and interesting was the number and variety of bosses that spawns there.

Ezodagrom
Aug 6, 2013, 11:29 PM
New EQ is your normal seasonal EQ. Beach Wars EQ, same thing as White Day and W&R. Collect points by killing and codes. Though they never said anything on higher chance of rares like what they did with W&R. Monsters in EQ are level 50, so unless mobs there can be lvl 51, I don't see how the 2 10* katanas can be farmed.
About Coast VH drops that are listed as lvl 51+ in database websites, it's actually not known if they're really lvl 51+ drops, they could actually be lvl 46+ drops or even 41+.
Until now there hasn't been any quest with lvl 41~50 coast enemies, so there's no way to know if the currently listed lvl 51+ drops are actually 51+ or not.

It could be a situation similar to Dragon Slayer, before the Sanctum time attack quest was released, Dragon Slayer used to be listed as a lvl 56+ drop, but when it was confirmed to drop in the Sanctum TA, database websites changed it to a lvl 51+ drop.

Variant
Aug 6, 2013, 11:29 PM

Coast farming is sorta like it. Usually parties fill up fast or are already full on relevant blocks.

Z-0
Aug 6, 2013, 11:35 PM
From beach EQ, I expect the flame weapons to not drop, but I fully expect the 300/320 DEX weapons of Braver, and those other weird DEX weapons, and the 320 DEX bow, but not the 410 DEX one.

Buuuut, we'll find out soon enough.

strikerhunter
Aug 6, 2013, 11:37 PM
About Coast VH drops that are listed as lvl 51+ in database websites, it's actually not known if they're really lvl 51+ drops, they could actually be lvl 46+ drops or even 41+.
Until now there hasn't been any quest with lvl 41~50 coast enemies, so there's no way to know if the currently listed lvl 51+ drops are actually 51+ or not.

It could be a situation similar to Dragon Slayer, before the Sanctum time attack quest was released, Dragon Slayer used to be listed as a lvl 56+ drop, but when it was confirmed to drop in the Sanctum TA, database websites changed it to a lvl 51+ drop.

Should have had said that I wasn't for sure that it was for lvl 51+.

But yea, true to that. For now and until then, we can't confirm that those 10*s are lvl 51+ only.

Buuuut, we'll find out soon enough.

Soon enough, in like no more than within 18 hours timed. :-D

Coast farming is sorta like it. Usually parties fill up fast or are already full on relevant blocks.

Not really. The feel of it is rather different. In Coast Free MPA, you are farming mobs and really don't have many bosses to keep things fun or interesting. But I guess that's just me though.

Aeris
Aug 7, 2013, 01:24 AM
Loads of tacos, dailies, getting other npc partner cards and matterboard and leveling dewman and other classes on my other chars as well getting better gear and such.

Shambertin
Aug 7, 2013, 02:35 AM
waiting for server to come back up. o and leveling gunner so i can use my Flamme revolvers.

Light dragon
Aug 7, 2013, 02:48 AM

This...the emergency codes kept things really fun.

GHNeko
Aug 7, 2013, 04:56 AM
Br/Te actually came into my mind with KC+Zondeel blast to get hits a fast as possible and aoe destruction or aka mob wiping. WS+Element Weak Spot for boss fights with bow and techs. Might switch it around if I ever get Agito.

Ah jeez. I didn't even think of Zondeel + KC. That's pretty smart. Not only that, but sets up for GaMegid(I think it's ga lol), so that's pretty much win/win there.

Ugh. I don't have any more space for Zonde techs on my subpalette though... Maybe I should get rid of deband...?

Ezodagrom
Aug 7, 2013, 06:20 AM
Ah jeez. I didn't even think of Zondeel + KC. That's pretty smart. Not only that, but sets up for GaMegid(I think it's ga lol), so that's pretty much win/win there.

Ugh. I don't have any more space for Zonde techs on my subpalette though... Maybe I should get rid of deband...?
Haha, that's what I did, focusing on maxing out just shifta in the skill tree, and not having deband in the sub-palette.

strikerhunter
Aug 7, 2013, 07:00 AM
Haha, that's what I did, focusing on maxing out just shifta in the skill tree, and not having deband in the sub-palette.

I took a different approach that is friendly to both katanas and bows. Currently taking crackers amount of damage because I don't want to spend money on grinding my units to +10 and affixing them for my dewman.

Target build of mines that I want to experiment. (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?05vhb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3IkIYIY IOIJ7bIn0000000lb000009b000009b00000ib000000jkb6GS I2aS4QHN00009bf4PdnIkcAJ2HndQ0006)

GHNeko
Aug 7, 2013, 10:06 AM

We should totally meet up and play some quests haha.

I took a different approach that is friendly to both katanas and bows. Currently taking crackers amount of damage because I don't want to spend money on grinding my units to +10 and affixing them for my dewman.

Target build of mines that I want to experiment. (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?05vhb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3IkIYIY IOIJ7bIn0000000lb000009b000009b00000ib000000jkb6GS I2aS4QHN00009bf4PdnIkcAJ2HndQ0006)

Oh nice. That's interesting. Let me give this a try. (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?05vIb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb2fb 3bg7bIn0000000lb000009b000009b00000ib000000j4Obsld I2J2qqIgIk00006ebdB4NdnfpAJ2J0009)