PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate Mag Trigger Actions

Byuunion
Aug 7, 2013, 08:02 AM
Hello I have a dilemma with my Mag.

I finally got it evolved to Cypheus which it gets Support / Invincibility,lit A. automatically but I accidentally gave Fornax the same ability before the evolution so I now have Invincibility A twice.

Does that mean the trigger action slot is wasted or the action stacks?

FacelessRed
Aug 7, 2013, 08:06 AM
Given to the nature of the AC store, I'm gonna automatically guess. wasted.

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2013, 08:09 AM
I don't actually know if it stacks since it does seem to be on a cooldown and other abilities with cooldowns do stack, but I do know you can overwrite it with another ability if you want.

Byuunion
Aug 7, 2013, 08:10 AM
Oh they can be overwritten? I was guessing the nature of this game and thought it would try to make you buy a Mag Reset.

I have another question. My mag is now level 100 so what stats should I be raising now?

Does the actual mag stat boost your own? i.e. lv. 30 Ranged Def. boosts R-DEF on character.

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2013, 08:16 AM
Yep, you can overwrite actions. It's just the stats you can't change. You can even change its photon blast and attack once you get your hands on some excubes (8 for the PB, 2 for the attack).

And yep, your mag's stats directly boost yours. 1 point on your mag is 1 point on your base stats - base stats being the kind that help you equip items. This is actually their real purpose, to help you equip gear.

For what you should be raising, well, what class are you? What other classes do you play? There's no simple answer here if you have just the one mag, unfortunately. This is where money comes into play. Having 2-3 mags is highly recommended to get the most out of your classes.

Byuunion
Aug 7, 2013, 03:08 PM
I am a Ranger/Gunner. I have 60 levels into Ranged and 28 levels into Dexterity(Ability). I think I should keep raising those right?

Also you can only equip one mag at a time so how would having multiple mags benefit one class?

Sizustar
Aug 7, 2013, 06:24 PM
I am a Ranger/Gunner. I have 60 levels into Ranged and 28 levels into Dexterity(Ability). I think I should keep raising those right?

Also you can only equip one mag at a time so how would having multiple mags benefit one class?

Different type of mag for helping equip different equip.
Currently dex isn't as helpful as before, since they reduced the defensive/dex requirement of defensive gears.
So most poeple just focus on 1 class.

And having multiple mags will be helpful depending on the class you play, as most people tend to try out different class based on rare gear they get, such as hunter switching to ranger, because getting a elder rifle, or force, because of elder rod, etc.

UnLucky
Aug 7, 2013, 07:25 PM
I'm pretty sure Invincibility stacks, since you can repeatedly meet the condition after having it triggered once without it activating again for some time, so another one would probably let you get two in a row. Though you'll likely not really need two since you'll either get your PB filled after the mag trigger is off cooldown, or not even find it useful at all since it goes off whenever it wants.

But yeah, when you use a device on your mag with all trigger action slots full, the game will ask you which one you want to replace.

Multiple mags would be for different classes on the same character. A Hunter with your R-Atk/Dex mag would have trouble equipping high end weapons, as well as simply losing out on damage. Just switch mags when you switch classes and you're on equal footing with someone who only plays the one class with the one mag.

Smithee
Aug 7, 2013, 07:30 PM
You can change all of your stats with out a reset via mag food I'm pretty sure.

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2013, 07:37 PM
You can change all of your stats with out a reset via mag food I'm pretty sure.

You cannot use a food reduction thingy to remove a level, just to reduce % to the next one.

Variant
Aug 7, 2013, 08:05 PM
I've stacked two of the moderate heal over times, and they seem to trigger pretty often. I was under the assumption they only triggered one CD and happened in priority (e.g. if one roll fails, it goes to the next, etc... and will only affect that CD). They also seem to happen when I need them a lot (aka being flung into the air by falz arms and taking 75% of my health in damage). The heal amount is nice too, saved me a lot of times.

Aine
Aug 7, 2013, 08:54 PM
My understanding is that Invincibility A will always activate when your PB gauge becomes full, assuming the trigger action is not in cooldown. If you have multiple Invincibility triggers and the first is in cooldown, the next one will activate. So the only time it will make a difference is in a situation where you are repeatedly emptying and filling your PB gauge faster than the trigger can cool down.

I actually made an Invincibility A x8 mag specifically for exit bursts in City AQ, and it triggers eight times in a row. After the eighth PB, all the actions are in cooldown so it stops triggering for a while.

Sylphia
Aug 7, 2013, 11:04 PM
Invincibility can't stack, since it's "Invincible" as soon as your PP guage fills. As far as a cooldown on it's activation , I'd be interested to see how a ranger is going to fill thier pp guage fast enough to even think they're getting a 2nd process on invincible. I'd overwrite it with something like mag rez, since random mag rez'es in a fight is a nice surprise.

KatsujinkenKik
Aug 7, 2013, 11:25 PM
8x slots, 7/8 being heal A.

Heal A's activation rate is pretty good so it allows me to keep moving without stopping for heals throughout an AQ. I keep the invincibility on for the possibility of me someday figuring out a nice way to time it (never, considering how ridiculously fast it fills up).

I would love it if we could get the PP restore J from a shop or something since that is an easy one to trigger when you need it (keep mag energy at 0% until you need PP restore to trigger).