PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 PSO2 updater.exe isn't working!

Shivah
Aug 8, 2013, 02:22 PM
Hi ladies and gentlemen:

I'm desperate with PSO2, I tried to downoad it several times, from different sources and I always have the same problem: I install it, everything seems ok (apparently) but when I execute the program always obtain the same message: appears the download progress bar and then pop-ups a message: "I downloaded the latest version of the launcher. And then restart", and below that message, a button in japanese that I assume is something like "Ok", or "Done" or something like that. If I don't push it, nothing happens, but when I push it, a Windows error message appears: "has cancelled the launch of pso2 updater.exe. File is not updated".

Please I need help, as I said before I tried to download it from several sources and I can't play, always for that "error" that I can't solve, because I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I played the beta months ago and I didn't have that problems. Any ideas? please, any help will be welcome. Thanks!

Edit: There's some pics of the problem:

http://imageshack.us/a/img96/7374/31187975.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img24/6408/96199193.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img835/3191/48147358.png

NintenJon25
Aug 8, 2013, 11:38 PM
Hi ladies and gentlemen:

I'm desperate with PSO2, I tried to downoad it several times, from different sources and I always have the same problem: I install it, everything seems ok (apparently) but when I execute the program always obtain the same message: appears the download progress bar and then pop-ups a message: "I downloaded the latest version of the launcher. And then restart", and below that message, a button in japanese that I assume is something like "Ok", or "Done" or something like that. If I don't push it, nothing happens, but when I push it, a Windows error message appears: "has cancelled the launch of pso2 updater.exe. File is not updated".

Please I need help, as I said before I tried to download it from several sources and I can't play, always for that "error" that I can't solve, because I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I played the beta months ago and I didn't have that problems. Any ideas? please, any help will be welcome. Thanks!

Hope I'm not too late on this. :P

Just a friendly little reminder: this would be better for the Tech Support forum next time. ;)

Hmm...did you delete any of the executables or add any patches to the game's folder? To save yourself from the hassle of figuring out what might be causing the issue, first check to make sure your anti-virus isn't blocking the game's executables. Better yet, you can just disable the firewall while it updates (it's what I do whenever something like that happens for one of my PC games). Some anti-virus programs, like Avast Antivirus, would notify you of when it is blocking a file from being executed. Check to make sure it's not being blocked.

Then, do another self-check: Ctrl + Alt + Delete, open Task Manager, and click on the Processes tab. Scroll through the ENTIRE list and make sure nothing with "pso2" shows up. If it does, end the process. You can also simply restart your computer (though I think Task Manager would be the faster way, tbh).

After all is said and done, open up the PSO2 launcher again and try re-installing the patches. If it comes up with the same error, there's definitely something missing from your PSO2 folder in your Program Files.

INSTEAD OF ATTEMPTING TO DOWNLOAD THE GAME AGAIN, FOLLOW THIS LINK: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248

PSO2 Tweaker is a fan-made patching program available for download at that link. You don't even need to start the PSO2 launcher to play the game (and you probably don't want to run the game with vanilla JP files if English is your first language). There are now fanmade English patches for the Story, Menus, HUDs, Characters, Class/Skill/Technique Descriptions, and Item Translations. You want to know the best part? They're ALL available by using this ONE tool, rather than downloading them all separately and painstakingly adding them into your WIN32 folder manually every week! :D

You might want to check out the thread linked above for more info on the program. It is capable of both downloading new JP patches, restoring all of your PSO2 JP files (which seems to be your issue), downloading and installing English Patches (and there are always updates and new additions being made for each of them, with more on the way!).

When you download the PSO2 Tweaker program, it'll have an option to Check for PSO2 Updates after clicking on the Orb in the upper-left corner of its window. Select that, then hit No, and it'll begin scanning for ALL files to check for any that you are missing and automatically add back all vanilla JP files. Then, simply click on the Orb again, Install Patches > English Patch (it'll download) > English Large Files Patch (wait till that finishes, it should take the longest) > English Story Patch (which you can find the most updated RAR to torrent here: http://arks-layer.com/).

The Story Patch is the 'hardest' to install. This is because after you torrent the file (which takes pretty long), the RAR file will need to be placed in an easy to reach location that you can remember. I suggest creating a PSO2 folder on your desktop, adding Tweaker into its own folder there, and then make another folder for the Story Patch, as every week of maintenance causes everyone to reinstall all English patches to get them running again (meaning you'd have to repeat what I'm about to say with the story patch every week).

Every week, at about Tuesday night/Wednesday morning EST, PSO2 servers go down for maintenance. There are always a hefty amount of updates being made weekly by SEGA JP for the game. :D However, the English Patches (all of them), along with the vanilla JP files (that 'Check for PSO2 Updates' option) will cause the game to crash if you try to start it up after one of these maintenance periods without updating.

Go to your Orb menu, Check for PSO2 Updates. This will restore and add all new vanilla JP PSO2 files. Then, you just repeat what I said above to re-download all English patches. It sounds long, but trust me, it isn't. It only takes around ~22 minutes for me to finish updating everything on my computer.

Lastly, make sure the Item Translation Patch option is checked on after clicking on the Orb, configure your options based on your computer's performance (these are directly connected with your in-game settings, so no need to configure them twice, and launch PSO2 after all is finished!

AIDA's PSO2 Tweaker is designed around providing a one-stop location for you to download and install English fan-made patches to the game. It also doubles as a PSO2 launcher, and it allows you to both check for new PSO2 files (which is mandatory every week after SEGA's server maintenance) as well as provides you with ways to download all of the executable files (which seems to be part of your problem with the PSO2 JP launcher).

Go on the thread and download PSO2 Tweaker (it's free! :D). Don't worry if you can't get the update to run on the JP installed launcher---as long as you have the Phantasy Star Online 2 folder under your Program Files and can locate its WIN32 folder, you're good to go with the Tweaker. :)

Hope that helps! 8-)

Shivah
Aug 10, 2013, 12:26 PM
Hi NintenJon, thanks for such an extensive answer :D I downloaded the tweaker, unfortunately I got an error when select the win 32 folder, I posted it on AIDA's topic so I hope I can solve it. Sometimes I feel like the universe doesn't want me to play it lol. the beta didn't gave me so many problems >_<

Lostbob117
Aug 10, 2013, 12:32 PM
Go to the file location where pso2 is. Open up pso2_bin. Check if pso2update.exe is there. It also might be just called "pso2update"

guarnere88
Aug 17, 2013, 05:17 PM
can anyone tell me why am i getting this when triying to long in2911

already tried using vpn and keep getting that

Shirokami
Aug 17, 2013, 05:41 PM
can anyone tell me why am i getting this when triying to long in2911

already tried using vpn and keep getting that

No uses una VPN y borra el Diablo 3, ese juego es muy malo, tan malo que te va a hacer explotar la PC (?)

guarnere88
Aug 17, 2013, 06:03 PM
y proq me sale ese mensaje? como ago ahi?

Shirokami
Aug 17, 2013, 07:08 PM
y proq me sale ese mensaje? como ago ahi?

1) Mala conexión a internet
2) Te desconecta por usar una VPN, no la uses.
3) Poco posible, pero puede que tengas algún virus que cause eso.
4) Por favor, intenta escribir bien, me costó descifrar lo que intentaste decir.

guarnere88
Aug 17, 2013, 08:07 PM
pense q tenia restriccion por ip el server, igual me sale ese mensaje sin vpn

Shirokami
Aug 18, 2013, 08:38 AM
pense q tenia restriccion por ip el server, igual me sale ese mensaje sin vpn

Puede ser tu firewall/antivirus también, o un virus, o tu velocidad de internet es demasiado lenta.