PDA

View Full Version : Is this a bridge to far JP PSO2?

Captain_Caveman
Aug 8, 2013, 11:33 PM
It is wonderful to be back in the comunity if only to talk about PSO 2 and PSO/PSU etc.
That said!

Short version played both PSO and PSU love them to death. Won't speak about western version of PSO2 as who knows?

Now my most recent visit to anything PSO related was downloaded the JP version as it looked promising. Was not able to register any kind of email to register for an account to play the game. Made a good attempt without success. Was discouraged as I read either on these forums or somewhere else about SEGA blocking or banning western IP addresses. Not concerned or worried about the last part.

So based on some of what I have read. I would love to experience PSO2 JP version for fun to learn about the game and hopefully never see western IP addresses banned.

So is it worth me somehow with advice and guidance form the PSO community. To re download PSO2 and play the JP version for a little fun. Suggestions for guides on PSO2 where to get started back with the community and helpful suggestions are all welcome.

Its great to be back and Go PSO World!

Thank You!

Zipzo
Aug 8, 2013, 11:35 PM
It is wonderful to be back in the comunity if only to talk about PSO 2 and PSO/PSU etc.
That said!

Short version played both PSO and PSU love them to death. Won't speak about western version of PSO2 as who knows?

Now my most recent visit to anything PSO related was downloaded the JP version as it looked promising. Was not able to register any kind of email to register for an account to play the game. Made a good attempt without success. Was discouraged as I read either on these forums or somewhere else about SEGA blocking or banning western IP addresses. Not concerned or worried about the last part.

So based on some of what I have read. I would love to experience PSO2 JP version for fun to learn about the game and hopefully never see western IP addresses banned.

So is it worth me somehow with advice and guidance form the PSO community. To re download PSO2 and play the JP version for a little fun. Suggestions for guides on PSO2 where to get started back with the community and helpful suggestions are all welcome.

Its great to be back and Go PSO World!

Thank You!

Uhhhhhh...

Ok? >_>

strikerhunter
Aug 9, 2013, 12:24 AM
Thanks fest was also cancelled because SEGA partners backed out last minute due to falling stock prices and bad PR. Be careful where you find your information, psow and bumped tend to be super inaccurate when it comes to pso2 info.

Quit it with the trolling.

To the OP:

http://bumped.org/psublog/ is your site for news to the game.

http://cirnopedia.frostsabre.com/index.php#nav is your guide to nearly everything.

AgemFrostMage
Aug 9, 2013, 05:21 AM
Taiwanese version of Wonderland Online or any Chinesegamer game never banned foreign players. Sega on the other hand, bans Chinese and some westerners. Maybe a Sega executive saw a sign saying, "No Japanese allowed", got mad, then phoned work to ban Chinese out of spite? Oh, the gold trading stereotype too.

NintenJon25
Aug 9, 2013, 06:29 AM
one last thing for OP, for registering with an e-mail, SEGAC banned the use of western Windows Live e-mail accounts (Hotmail, Outlook, etc.) so for a new account you should use Google's g-mail+^_^+

You can use iCloud too! :)

Punisher106
Aug 9, 2013, 06:32 AM
Taiwanese version of Wonderland Online or any Chinesegamer game never banned foreign players. Sega on the other hand, bans Chinese and some westerners. Maybe a Sega executive saw a sign saying, "No Japanese allowed", got mad, then phoned work to ban Chinese out of spite? Oh, the gold trading stereotype too.

I want to say you're trolling, but if you're not, I feel so sorry for you.

China got the IP block because the majority of connections to the server from there were RMTers. The western IPs got banned because they were being obnoxious Block 20 Gaijins.

Laxedrane
Aug 9, 2013, 07:16 AM
one last thing for OP, for registering with an e-mail, SEGAC banned the use of western Windows Live e-mail accounts (Hotmail, Outlook, etc.) so for a new account you should use Google's g-mail+^_^+

oh really? I guess im lucky I got away with mine and they haven't banned me>.> Guess it's only for new accounts?