PDA

View Full Version : Beach Wars

max7238
Aug 9, 2013, 08:45 PM
I'm positive there must be people raging about this somewhere if there have been in-game announcements with tips (which don't work, by the way) about how to complete this mission. But I want to know, once and for all, how it is expected to get 715 points when people eventually just split up. Should I just go for the second area and hunt whatever special mission that is with the cargo ship, or should I stick around and follow people until there's no one else to follow?
I've tried at least four times now and failed without ever breaking 500 points every time. Honestly, can I please put this to rest...

Ezodagrom
Aug 9, 2013, 08:53 PM
I'm positive there must be people raging about this somewhere if there have been in-game announcements with tips (which don't work, by the way) about how to complete this mission. But I want to know, once and for all, how it is expected to get 715 points when people eventually just split up. Should I just go for the second area and hunt whatever special mission that is with the cargo ship, or should I stick around and follow people until there's no one else to follow?
I've tried at least four times now and failed without ever breaking 500 points every time. Honestly, can I please put this to rest...
In the 2nd area there's an emergency code with the cake sisters, completing that code completes the quest, independently of how many points you have.
Though that emergency code is currently bugged and sometimes may not appear when there's multiple parties in the same MPA, or something like that?
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-emergency-maintenance-882013/

Nitro Vordex
Aug 9, 2013, 08:57 PM
MPA spawns are more fun anyway.

Sayara
Aug 9, 2013, 08:59 PM
I believe this EQ is called Org Blan Wars

max7238
Aug 9, 2013, 09:11 PM
I believe this EQ is called Org Blan Wars

Where'd you read that?

AzureBlaze
Aug 9, 2013, 09:56 PM
Can the cake sisters EQ in the Single Party Area (that finishes it nomatter how many pts) NOT spawn at all while an Org Blan (of any type) is present?

Because I solo'd my way into that final area, and an org blan came out. So I beat that one. But then another one came out but it was Org Keratos, and I couldn't beat it before he ran the clock out and I failed. *Edited: it wasn't changeover code either, just that 1st code finished, then I kept running around for a minute or two and another one pops up. I tried running away from him too, to despawn him & see if I could find the sisters on the map but nothing happened. Getting 2 of him right in a row seemed really weird.

Wasn't that emergency maint to FIX that they wouldn't appear?
I thought the emergency maint did succeed and they were guaranteed to appear now?

I never actually beat the quest either. The other times I ran it, I never went to the final area, and tried to get points in the MPA just farming codes and fighting the rare Cougar, but you are right, it never did get all the pts. You must have to have a really great MPA that doesn't trickle away, or get the cake sisters without any org blan interference in the final area.

Coatl
Aug 9, 2013, 09:58 PM
Are you in the VH blocks? I always manage to complete the quest at least twice before the EQ goes down.

max7238
Aug 9, 2013, 10:00 PM
Are you in the VH blocks? I always manage to complete the quest at least twice before the EQ goes down.

Am I? No. Highest character is level 30 in EVERYTHING... Well, 33 in fighter, but that's beside the point...

Sayara
Aug 9, 2013, 10:04 PM
Where'd you read that?

I mean to say it should be considering the few times i ran; Ran into about... 30 + Org Blan.

and thats just silly. I got a 3 way code:attack change over to a duel with ANOTHER Org Blan.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 9, 2013, 10:38 PM
Where'd you read that?

Man that joke went over your head :/

Punisher106
Aug 9, 2013, 11:28 PM
It's interesting, seeing the high support partner appearance rate in this EQ. It's also hilarious that while other people in the MPA has to help their partners with oceanid/darker schmucks, when mine chimes in, we get a few Org Blans. One of these even changed over into a Cougar, which I killed with his own sword, and that felt so good.

Evangelion X.XX
Aug 9, 2013, 11:42 PM
No one really cares about actually completing the Beach War EQ (ok... maybe just to do it once); everyone primarily wants to murder shits and farm for stuff until the time runs out.

AlaskanKactus
Aug 10, 2013, 01:16 AM
I've played Beach Wars 6 times and haven't completed a single one.
VH in Area 1 only.

Doesn't matter since I'm mainly on the hunt for a 10*

AgemFrostMage
Aug 10, 2013, 02:18 PM
No one really cares about actually completing the Beach War EQ (ok... maybe just to do it once); everyone primarily wants to murder shits and farm for stuff until the time runs out.

Agreed =) Like how no one did boss on the Boarder Break quest. Except for Persona all the time I miss that quest =( Hope another one like it comes (but with much less Persona of course ^_^ )

deahamlet
Aug 10, 2013, 02:52 PM
Agreed =) Like how no one did boss on the Boarder Break quest. Except for Persona all the time I miss that quest =( Hope another one like it comes (but with much less Persona of course ^_^ )

Beach Wars for me had 1-3 Persona every time on top of 4+ Org Blans. It's crazy, Persona is stalking me.

cheapgunner
Aug 10, 2013, 03:00 PM
Haven't seen a single Bal Blundarl nor Florjilla in the EQ but seen 2 Org Keratos and Cougar ACE. As well as more krabadha and Dagash / Dagachas than Blundarl. The spawn rates for this EQ are terrible ( no need for Krabadha nor Dags in this EQ -.-; ).

Punisher106
Aug 10, 2013, 03:05 PM
Haven't seen a single Bal Blundarl nor Florjilla in the EQ but seen 2 Org Keratos and Cougar ACE. As well as more krabadha and Dagash / Dagachas than Blundarl. The spawn rates for this EQ are terrible ( no need for Krabadha nor Dags in this EQ -.-; ).

I saw a Flor. He gave me Flame Bullet. that's about it. Also, how about the excessive Bal Strahdas?

cheapgunner
Aug 10, 2013, 03:35 PM
I saw a Flor. He gave me Flame Bullet. that's about it. Also, how about the excessive Bal Strahdas?

Yeah, once saw like 5-6 Bal Strahdas in a spawn of 12 or so darkers in one of yesterday's EQ. I wouldn't be surprised if Fjorgallas and Bal Blundarl have half the spawn rate chance as bal strahdas and Degilezun (which I've seen at least 2 of as well ).