PDA

View Full Version : Question about JA and Brv/Hu

aitakute
Aug 10, 2013, 02:17 AM
So i'm deciding between HU or RA as sub for my Braver.
The question is, how many time does JA damage stack? Or it will revert once you finished the 2nd JA?
My 1st JA seems to raise atk, but the second is about the same as the 1st one. Do i have to + Fury Combo Up to stacking damage for the 2nd JA? The wording confused me...

Well the last question, i've heard RA is better as a sub for Braver, is it true? I don't really like WB much...

jooozek
Aug 10, 2013, 02:20 AM
you get bonus for JA only for the attack on which you JA, there is no stacking for comboing
fury combo up is simply a just attack multiplier, the amount of comboed JA for the bonus to kick in reduces with each level of the skill, iirc at maximum level the bonus applies already on first JA

yoshiblue
Aug 10, 2013, 02:29 AM
A warm welcome to PSOW!
Epic home to all things Phantasy Star!
Many you find many friends and learn many things!

I believe the reasoning for BR/RA is Weak Bullet + Weak stance which, if done well, can out do average stance and maybe Fury Stance. ( I don't keep up with the braver discussion thread to really know)

Also if you have any more questions, be sure to check out the quick questions for quick answers (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195866) thread! Don't be afraid to look foolish for no question is a dumb one!
Need a convenient list to find a team? Give this thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201629&highlight=psow+team) a go and see if there's a team you like!

~Yoshiblue of FEZ's one man welcoming committee~

Aine
Aug 10, 2013, 02:40 AM
Hunter is the better sub for Braver, even for a bow-only build, since WHA and SS don't work on Kamikaze Arrow.

aitakute
Aug 10, 2013, 02:44 AM
you get bonus for JA only for the attack on which you JA, there is no stacking for comboing

Hm... i thought if you perform the second JA after that the dam will stack.
'k thanks guys

@yoshi: thanks for the warm welcome, but i'm on ship 8 sadly ;_;

Alenoir
Aug 10, 2013, 03:45 AM
Sub RA if you are going weak stance bow BR only, sub HU for every other play style.

jooozek
Aug 10, 2013, 03:52 AM
Bellion tested some time ago HU vs RA as sub for BR

Well, looks like I've got my data. Oh man, forgetting to even turn on Fury Stance for a x1.5+ damage boost. I'm not living this one down. ._.

Build for my Br/Ra and Br/Hu for testing damage: http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?055nb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ik0lbI nqnGKsN6JiGA000007b000009oJdJ29k2N0000ib00000f4OI2 2SIkjcAbncKIb00007b000000jebdB4NIAjJIHnHX0006

Standing Snipe Br/Ra:
Master Shoot - 125k (25k x 5)
Kamikaze Arrow - 103k ( 62k + 41k)

Br/Hu:
Master Shoot - 116k (23.2k x 5)
Kamikaze Arrow - 206k ( 120k + 86k)

Well, looks like Kamikaze Arrow isn't even worth using as a Br/Ra. But the damage gap between a Br/Ra and a Br/Hu Kamikaze Arrow is pretty big. I'm wondering what percentage of it is striking based.

Tested on weakbulleted weakpoints with a x2 damage multiplier, of course.

Idolon
Aug 10, 2013, 04:13 AM
The main advantage be/ra has is the ability to WB things. Assuming someone else in the party has WB though, I find be/hu to be more effective at killing things. You don't need to be stationary to get max damage, and your damage is still decent if you don't hit a weak point. Kamikaze arrow can outright one shot some bosses, and your katana does respectable damage too.