PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Playing this using guides

ANATAL
Aug 10, 2013, 03:10 PM
Hello

I like to see that there are guides for everything , so even if you dont understand well or any at all japanese , you can play as well

However I have some doubts before put my time ( and many hours ) into this :

- ¿ SEGA can or will ban you , anytime ?

I dont want to play for hours and then see my account banned . Its a risk , but I would like to know if this happens or not at all

They could not allow foreign IPs tho , dunno

- ¿ I see that there a guides also for story , they cover all NPC dialogue or only cut scenes ones ?

I also wondering if during gameplay there are options ( like A or B ) that let you change story

Totori
Aug 10, 2013, 03:49 PM
They "can" ban you. But they most likely will not as long as you play following the rules. I dunno about story guides as I haven't bothered to check the story.

D-Gold
Aug 10, 2013, 04:18 PM
Hello

I like to see that there are guides for everything , so even if you dont understand well or any at all japanese , you can play as well

However I have some doubts before put my time ( and many hours ) into this :

- ¿ SEGA can or will ban you , anytime ?

I dont want to play for hours and then see my account banned . Its a risk , but I would like to know if this happens or not at all

They could not allow foreign IPs tho , dunno

- ¿ I see that there a guides also for story , they cover all NPC dialogue or only cut scenes ones ?

I also wondering if during gameplay there are options ( like A or B ) that let you change story

Sega can ban us foreign users if they want because our existence on their servers is against their TOS and users have been banned before but its not very common from my knowledge.

As for story its like

You do a story mission and take route A
then you do the same mission and route B becomes available .
Once you complete path A and B you can move onto the next chapter.

Idk if this changes at later levels(only on chapter 5)

ANATAL
Aug 10, 2013, 04:42 PM
Sega can ban us foreign users if they want because our existence on their servers is against their TOS and users have been banned before but its not very common from my knowledge.

As for story its like

You do a story mission and take route A
then you do the same mission and route B becomes available .
Once you complete path A and B you can move onto the next chapter.

Idk if this changes at later levels(only on chapter 5)

¿ But how they decide to ban you or not ?

I mean , SEGA can see through your IP if you ' re or not from Japan right ?

So I dont understand these random bans

Zipzo
Aug 10, 2013, 04:46 PM
They will not ban you unless they receive a legitimate report on your account, in which case if they find that you are against the TOS they will slam the hammer down on you so fast you'll be left wondering why.

In the past this has led to many coming here to the forums to whine about how they have no idea why they were banned, but in actuality it is likely that they were either caught cheating, or in most cases they were reported for some kind of misconduct (in the form of being obnoxious).

So basically, follow the rules. Be polite to people. Just as you would any other game, and you will not have to worry about being banned. Again...I will refer back to what Sakai said originally during the time the whole bit was re-added to the TOS...he simply stated he does not intend to ban foreign users because he loves that the game has international appeal and would hate to take away from all the time those players put in to the game.

Essentially, they are turning a blind eye for your sake. However if you prove yourself to be more trouble than your worth they will not hesitate to lock your account in a way less lenient fashion than they would a native Japanese account holder.

In a way I sort of like it like that...it kind of puts this pressure on the foreigners to actually behave instead of what you normally might find of a typical English speaking MMO community (spend an hour in B-20). Although inversely it makes some people feel as though they cannot communicate at all without fear of screwing up and getting themselves in trouble.

Speaking English is not against the rules. Being a douchebag is. So just be a nice guy, get along with people, and you will never have to worry about getting banned.

Neferpitou
Aug 10, 2013, 04:53 PM
If you're scared about getting banned then learn Japanese and be polite to the natives since it's their game since the only way of getting banned is for someone to report you afaik.