PDA

View Full Version : Problems with latest story patch

WinTroll
Aug 11, 2013, 02:20 PM
Every time I try and log in it gets stuck at a black screen just before the title. Ive reset my files back to standard JP version and reinstalled the patches at least 3 or 4 times, but it isnt fixing the problem. I know its specifically the story patch, because everything works unless i have it installed.

I have the most recent one downloaded, and its linked to the zip file correctly. I install it, then i get the notification that there is a story patch update (29 files) and then it asks if i have the most recent 8-8-2013, which i do. I download and install the new update, and it still doesnt work.

Ive done some of the troubleshooting suggested here on the forums, but nothing seems to be working. Am i just missing something really simple here?

WinTroll
Aug 11, 2013, 06:56 PM
Sorry, force of habit to say zip file lol. it is a .rar. I got the game working again, but only by installing the story patch, but not doing the update to it that pops up.

NintenJon25
Aug 11, 2013, 07:35 PM
Sorry, force of habit to say zip file lol. it is a .rar. I got the game working again, but only by installing the story patch, but not doing the update to it that pops up.

Before playing the game any further, you may want to read this from a previous comment I made on the English Story Patch thread. I won't be surprised if the patch is still not working correctly on your end because I didn't hear any mention of torrenting, hence why you are not receiving the update for the English Story Patch.

Read:

Are you sure you torrented the RAR with a program such as uTorrent?

The RAR file that comes out of that torrent (which you should save in a separate Story Patches folder on your desktop), is supposed to be placed in the folder of your choosing (NOT the Phantasy Star Online 2 WIN32's folder).

Once it is done downloading in the torrent, open up PSO2 Tweaker, click on the Orb and go to Options > Story Patch Location Reset. Then, exit from the Options menu, click on the Orb > Install/Update Patches > English Story Patch > Select the RAR File (NOT the one with '.torrent' at the end of it) > OK.

It should begin installing and, if done correctly, you will see an MS-DOS prompt display with the installation progress. Wait for it to finish, then launch PSO2 again and see if that works.

Add to that that you should keep the English Story Patch file updated when PSO2 Tweaker alerts you of it. It's important that you keep patches you use up-to-date because there can be bugs in older versions or they (the old patches) could also become incompatible with the latest vanilla JP updates with every (almost) weekly maintenance.

Lostbob117
Aug 11, 2013, 07:44 PM
Are you using the tweaker? If so, try just extracting the patch into your data folder without the tweaker. (This'll require a 1.7gb download. If you don't have it already.)

Lostbob117
Aug 11, 2013, 09:35 PM
They said they already got it to work using the Tweaker.

Oh I see.

WinTroll
Aug 12, 2013, 02:06 PM
Yeah its working now. and yes i did download the torrent and link the .rar file. I just had to not let it do the latest update to it (the 29 files or so) and it works just fine. If i let it update though, it freezes up at the title screen.