PDA

View Full Version : Trading between account characters

AkumaYouji
Aug 11, 2013, 05:35 PM
Hey all, with Sega giving us all a free character slot I was wondering if there was a shared storage between your characters like in psp2 and if so would they need to be on the same ship or not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

gigawuts
Aug 11, 2013, 05:36 PM
All storage is shared between all characters on the same ship. Each ship has a separate storage.

AkumaYouji
Aug 11, 2013, 07:19 PM
alright thanks alot!

NintenJon25
Aug 11, 2013, 07:20 PM
All storage is shared between all characters on the same ship. Each ship has a separate storage.

Also wanted to add, you can increase your normally allotted storage space from your Basic Storage (200) to a grand total of 2000 by renting out extra storage with Arks Cash or purchasing a 30/60/90-Day Premium User Ticket from the AC Shop in-game.

You are also restricted on how many characters you can make before you have to start paying with AC to create a new one.

In total, you get three free characters to create universally (meaning that you can have one character on Ship 2, another on Ship 5, and the third on Ship 8---just note that it'd be the same as having all three on Ship 2 and your fourth would still cost you a one-time character creation fee). Each character is bound to the Ship you select unless you pay with AC to switch it to another, so be careful. Make sure to select the ship you know you would stay on.

AkumaYouji
Aug 11, 2013, 09:24 PM
Also wanted to add, you can increase your normally allotted storage space from your Basic Storage (200) to a grand total of 2000 by renting out extra storage with Arks Cash or purchasing a 30/60/90-Day Premium User Ticket from the AC Shop in-game.

You are also restricted on how many characters you can make before you have to start paying with AC to create a new one.

In total, you get three free characters to create universally (meaning that you can have one character on Ship 2, another on Ship 5, and the third on Ship 8---just note that it'd be the same as having all three on Ship 2 and your fourth would still cost you a one-time character creation fee). Each character is bound to the Ship you select unless you pay with AC to switch it to another, so be careful. Make sure to select the ship you know you would stay on.

Yeah i knew about the storage expansions and such, i was just wondering if i could buy stuff on my main character to give to my other(s). Still very good info thanks!

Z-0
Aug 11, 2013, 09:34 PM
Only two are free. ._.

Apparently it's letting some people make a third for free (despite not having a second before Episode 2), but that shouldn't be happened.

IzzyData
Aug 13, 2013, 02:33 PM
Does it use your character slot just for going into character creation? Because it let me go into the character creation once when I was checking some stuff out and then backed out and now I can't do it again...

What kind of nonsense is this?

Z-0
Aug 13, 2013, 02:44 PM
It shouldn't be doing that. I once disconnected from character selection after buying a character with AC and it let me recreate.

IzzyData
Aug 14, 2013, 08:54 AM
What if you made characters on other ships and then deleted them?

gigawuts
Aug 14, 2013, 09:00 AM
Then the items probably wait for you to make a new character there I guess?

IzzyData
Aug 14, 2013, 09:03 AM
That's not what I meant. Would my character slots be gone forever? It seems more like a character creation ticket then a character slot.

NintenJon25
Aug 14, 2013, 09:39 AM
That's not what I meant. Would my character slots be gone forever? It seems more like a character creation ticket then a character slot.

Well, to be honest...not many would even think about doing that as it puts losing their AC at risk, so it's up to you if you really want to test that functionality and report back on what you found. ^^;

Your character slots are counted 'universally', however.

My guess is that this means that if you're like me and got lucky enough to have three free character slots, then (when you go to create a fourth one) it doesn't matter what ship that character is on because he/she will still be recognized as the fourth and you will be charged. When you purchase the fourth slot, I do believe it is permanently tied to your user account. The same goes for any other slots you may add in the future. I doubt SEGA JP would have that type of functionality be broken as character creation and management are both two very important aspects with PSO and most other Online RPGs out there.

Alenoir
Aug 14, 2013, 11:55 AM

If you already have two characters made, then yes, that "slot" is gone. That slot should have only happen to people that already own more than 1 character before ep.2, and it works like an AC-brought chara slot.

gigawuts
Aug 14, 2013, 12:08 PM
It's not even a slot, it's just a total count of characters.

Do you have more than 2 characters? Making a new one will cost money.

Do you have less than 2 characters? Making a new one will be free.

That 3 character thing was a bug, they probably just have number of free characters as an individual value for each account, then went down the list one by one to add 1 to each account. The only accounts that had 3 characters were created the day they added the second slot - so they were probably created with 2 and then given a +1 with all the pre-existing accounts.

IzzyData
Aug 14, 2013, 01:50 PM
I found a random level 1 on a ship I never played on which was limiting to 1 other character. Deleting it obviously fixed the problem for me.