PDA

View Full Version : PSO 2 on VIta

tristan0304
Aug 11, 2013, 06:49 PM
I live in the US and i want to buy the Vita, could I get and import copy of PSO 2 so I could play the game or do i download it. Do I need to hack the Vita first to even play the game also is there a English patch for the vita like the PC. Thanks

NightSun
Aug 11, 2013, 06:55 PM
You can buy a physical copy or download the game via JP PSN store.
It seems if you buy a card copy you are able to play the game on any region PSN account.
If you want to download the game you must make a JP PSN account and get off the store.
No you do not need to 'hack' it.
As far as I know no there is no English patch.

tristan0304
Aug 11, 2013, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the info. hope they do come out with an English patch. i am tired of waiting for the Western version, wish they announce something so we will know when it will come out.

Gardios
Aug 11, 2013, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the info. hope they do come out with an English patch.

Don't get your hopes up, VITA hacking still has ways to go.

kevlar_pso
Aug 11, 2013, 07:29 PM
I'll be getting this for Vita next month for my son, for his birthday. I need to do some more research here to see if my soon to be 11 year old will be able to mange playing this in another language.

AkumaYouji
Aug 11, 2013, 07:29 PM
You can buy a physical copy or DL it for free.
However, If you DL it you need a JP account and unless you plan on having your vita on a dedicated JP account you need multiple memory cards and have to factory restore your vita every time you want to switch accounts.

I bought the physical copy just because it is more convenient. This way you can use your current PSN account without the need of switching psn accounts when you want to play a different game.

If money isn't the deciding factor i suggest buying the physical copy, only because its easier and more convenient.

I'll be getting this for Vita next month for my son, for his birthday. I need to do some more research here to see if my soon to be 11 year old will be able to mange playing this in another language.

also just saw your post, the game is quite "SIMPLE" to maneuver once you get the hang of it. Now of course there is a lot more to it than maneuvering (such as client orders, bingo cards, etc...) but if you have a PC available you can use the English patch to let him learn the basics then just he can just memorize the menu orders and such, also that way if he gets confused you can always go to the English patched version to clarify any confusion.

Any-who hope that helps^^;

riku2replica
Aug 11, 2013, 08:06 PM
Anyway, for vita menu, its quite simple, if there's any need i think there should be a dedicated sticky vita SOS thread opened.

D-Gold
Aug 11, 2013, 08:10 PM
Yeah try and get the physical copy so you will have more space for updates in your memory card. 16gb or higher memory card should last a good bit

Yutaka20
Aug 13, 2013, 10:12 PM
sincethis topic is still fresh.
i kinda wanna ask another question
if my account is link to a jp psn (using digital copy now)
when i switch over to US psn ,can i use a physical copy and still playwith the same account
while vita is link to the US psn?
since most of my games on vita is in US psn.i kinda miss my djmax :/

Maronji
Aug 13, 2013, 10:21 PM
sincethis topic is still fresh.
i kinda wanna ask another question
if my account is link to a jp psn (using digital copy now)
when i switch over to US psn ,can i use a physical copy and still playwith the same account
while vita is link to the US psn?
since most of my games on vita is in US psn.i kinda miss my djmax :/

You'll have to fight Sega ID support if your account is already tied to a JP PSN for the digital version in order to use your US PSN on the physical version, if memory serves.

Yutaka20
Aug 13, 2013, 10:27 PM
You'll have to fight Sega ID support if your account is already tied to a JP PSN for the digital version in order to use your US PSN on the physical version, if memory serves.

err i am not sure wat u meant x.x
wat do u mean by "fight SEGA ID support" ?
or do u u have a link i can read up on XD

Emp
Aug 13, 2013, 10:36 PM
Yeah try and get the physical copy so you will have more space for updates in your memory card. 16gb or higher memory card should last a good bit

This. I personally prefer digital download, but iirc, you get that sato mag ticket from the physical copy. That mag ticket is hella expensive on ship10(8 mill meseta).

Z-0
Aug 13, 2013, 10:38 PM
You don't get Sato, you get Clarita.

Also I kind of want to say 8 million is rather mild for something that came out a year ago and I believe is unobtainable now since the Version 2 Package is out (but idk).

Maronji
Aug 13, 2013, 11:00 PM
err i am not sure wat u meant x.x
wat do u mean by "fight SEGA ID support" ?
or do u u have a link i can read up on XD

Basically, you have to send in a support ticket to get them to unlink it (in Japanese, mind you) and, depending on a couple of things, they might unlink the PSN account from your Sega ID account. However, based on reports, it sounds like it's a lot more trouble than it's worth (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208244).