PDA

View Full Version : Question about katana gear...

xXAlucardXx
Aug 11, 2013, 10:47 PM
Hey guys...

Forgive me i'm kinda new (first post and all)

I've been playing around with braver for a while now (lvl 27) and I'm struggling to learn how the Katana Gear skill works and how do i utilize it?

Can anyone kindly help me out so I can make use of this skill?

Thanks a bunch!

Kondibon
Aug 11, 2013, 10:52 PM
It activates when you do a just counter while it's on the 3rd bar. When it's active it slowly depletes but your damage and attack speed are increased. While it's active you can still build it up by attacking stuff so it's possible to keep it active almost indefinitely.

xXAlucardXx
Aug 11, 2013, 11:51 PM
Thanks scoop much, just have a question though... Do you mean just attack or just counter?

Kondibon
Aug 11, 2013, 11:52 PM
Thanks scoop much, just have a question though... Do you mean just attack or just counter?

Oh, sorry I meant justguard, you don't have to attack to activate it.

xXAlucardXx
Aug 12, 2013, 12:02 AM
Opps mean't to say thanks sooo much (silly auto correct)...

I'm a bit confused because I watched a video of a braver using the just guard
Also What is gear gauge? I'm not sure what it is and I'm trying to understand it in light of the description I read below for the Katana Gear Skill:

"Increases Katana Counter Range & Power Based on Gear Gauge
If Counter is Executed with Maxed Gear Gauge, Damage Bonus & Critical Hit Rate Bonus Will Be Applied for a Limited Time
If Counter is Executed with 2 or Less Gear Gauges, All Gear Gauges Will Be Used Up
Gear Gauge Will Not Decrease As Long As Counter Isn't Used
When Gear Gauge is Maxed, Successful Counter Will Cause the Player to Glow in a Purple Light (Increasing Damage & Critical Hit Rate)
While This is in Effect, Gear Gauge Will Gradually Decrease
While This is in Effect, Gear Gauge Can Still Be Charged With Katana Attacks (Counter Hits Included), So It Is Possible to Maintain This “Mode” With Consecutive Attacking"

Heres a video showing Katana Gear I was referring too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A62g2nX-XCQ&list=FL0kagjBFkJ05nNV29ol8nIQ

Thanks!!

blace
Aug 12, 2013, 12:05 AM
The gauge is located above the selected weapon and PA slot. It gradually fills up the more you land hits. You have to block as soon as an attack lands and if done right your character will counter attack or simply attack back while glowing with the aura. The aura basically increases damage output for a period of time and can be kept going as long as you can fill the gauge.

Kondibon
Aug 12, 2013, 12:07 AM
Opps mean't to say thanks sooo much (silly auto correct)...

I'm a bit confused because I watched a video of a braver using the just guard
Also What is gear gauge? I'm not sure what it is and I'm trying to understand it in light of the description I read below for the Katana Gear Skill:

"Increases Katana Counter Range & Power Based on Gear Gauge
If Counter is Executed with Maxed Gear Gauge, Damage Bonus & Critical Hit Rate Bonus Will Be Applied for a Limited Time
If Counter is Executed with 2 or Less Gear Gauges, All Gear Gauges Will Be Used Up
Gear Gauge Will Not Decrease As Long As Counter Isn't Used
When Gear Gauge is Maxed, Successful Counter Will Cause the Player to Glow in a Purple Light (Increasing Damage & Critical Hit Rate)
While This is in Effect, Gear Gauge Will Gradually Decrease
While This is in Effect, Gear Gauge Can Still Be Charged With Katana Attacks (Counter Hits Included), So It Is Possible to Maintain This “Mode” With Consecutive Attacking"

Heres a video showing Katana Gear I was referring too:

Katana Gear accumulation and effect - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A62g2nX-XCQ&list=FL0kagjBFkJ05nNV29ol8nIQ)

Thanks!!

Ooooooh, You have to unlock the skill on your skill tree before you use it. The gear gauge is that orange bar above the Attack/PA things on the sub palette.

xXAlucardXx
Aug 12, 2013, 01:34 AM
thanks a bunch guys =)