PDA

View Full Version : Playing with Namegid.

Chdata
Aug 11, 2013, 11:07 PM
Can't wait till the day I'm maxed and do this on quartz-chan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX-FvWlr20M

But seriously, underpowered spell, getting a 70+ chain for a technic is just way too situational to even make this spell viable at all. Most likely your party will kill Vardha before you pull this off and unless you have someone readily helping you to maintain the chain for you, you're not going to pull it off. Most other bosses won't even stay still that long and you'll mess up the namegid after it moves again. Plus doing it this way forces you to give up Charge PP revival thus making the cost to use namegid pretty ridiculous.

pls buff namegid, 0.5 sec charge and double its current damage

milranduil
Aug 12, 2013, 01:46 AM
Any dark FO TE will do twice that damage to Quartz poisoned nose with WB withOUT CT...

Kondibon
Aug 12, 2013, 01:53 AM
Any dark FO TE will do twice that damage to Quartz poisoned nose with WB withOUT CT...

pretty sure this is a joke thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210750&highlight=namegid+underpowered).

Thought it's already been said by some that the tech isn't some end all and be all of techs.

Alenoir
Aug 12, 2013, 02:14 AM
Thought it's already been said by some that the tech isn't some end all and be all of techs.
It's a pretty situational tech like most everything else. I mean if you're fighting something weak against fire, PP Convert Nafoie spam will probably melt it faster than Namegid.

Chdata
Aug 12, 2013, 02:40 AM

TeGu will do 5x your WB poisoned quartz nose with CT, which is what I plan to do some time. GG. (5m+ damage anyone?)

Anyway the whole point of this is that it's fun to hit huge numbers and have millions of damage registered as your max hit.

Also here's the description of my video anyway:

Lv.10 namegid.

Base damage: 7,086

10/10 Dark mastery (1.2x): 8,503

5/10 Dark mastery (1.1x) 9,354

Core damage (2x): 18,708

Weak bullet (3x): 56,126

70 hit chain trigger (4x): 224,504

5/10 SP chain finish (1.09x): 244,710

TeGu levels 45/20

My max hit so far is with FoTe 52/45 against Quartz dragon with weak bullet, at 287,410 dmg. Poisoned as well I think. Maybe not though. <-- most likely not, I would've hit in the millions. Although, this hit may have also been against Falz/arms, I'm not sure.

I'll be back to quartz some time though with TeGu.

Anyway, namegid takes some skill to use properly in bossfights. To get the most out of your namegid you have to:

1. Be able to auto tag your enemy's weak spot(s) through other various trash mobs.
2. Be able to manual tag your enemy's weak spot(s) if their spots are not autotargetable.
3. Not accidently target trash mobs nearby.
4. Make sure to target the WB location (assuming its placed correctly).
5. Not get flinched and lose your namegid.
6. uncharged shifta JA it to start, and be able to JA namegid in a row (easy once you know how it works).

If you can do it properly and have dark mastery and stuff, it's probably more powerful than foie bursting, but who knows, someone go make a video with rockbear and try it.

While it is proving very useful for me against bosses and some of the more tanky mobs if they're a little stronger than me, I wouldn't call this the "force overend" because overend is a skill that can be used almost anywhere against everything, not to mention it also has a very good AoE. Namegid is for picking off single targets, and definitely not for use against groups of mobs. In most cases, if you try to namegid a mob, people around you will kill it before you finish.

For most bosses, if you aren't namegid'ing it, you aren't keeping up with the damage you could be doing.

Emp
Aug 12, 2013, 02:00 PM
I hope hes not forgetting to calculate Zero range advance.

And having someone chain for you so you can namegid on ur own chain, is just stupid. Also note that it was Hard mode so the dmg isnt that exciting.

Bellion
Aug 12, 2013, 02:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmEmJfIhDX4

Assuming maxed fire tree:
Nafoie will pretty much beat Namegid against anything weak to fire.
Nafoie can hit the weakpoint of a Wolgada easily, so there's that as well.
Namegid will definitely beat Nafoie on Vol Dragon, Quartz Dragon, Dragon Ex and their rare variants because of their elemental resistances.
Namegid is also better on Zeshreida since you can just aim for the head when it's up high or if it goes inside the shell.

Any boss not covered, well I don't know much. I don't Fo enough.
But it's definitely not true that you have to use Namegid on most bosses to get the most out of your damage.

I'm sure ZRA is only for Ranged attacks and not Striking nor Techs.

Emp
Aug 12, 2013, 02:16 PM
PSO2 Nafoie vs Namegid on Rockbear - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmEmJfIhDX4)

Namegid will definitely beat Nafoie on Vol Dragon, Quartz Dragon, Dragon Ex and their rare variants because of their elemental resistances.
Namegid is also better on Zeshreida since you can just aim for the head when it's up high or if it goes inside the shell.

But it's definitely not true that you have to use Namegid on most bosses to get the most out of your damage.

Hmmm that took u 4 hits with nafoie and lotta jumping but 2 hits with only namegid. If u ask me, namegid won based on effort and wb would hv only made if faster. Nafoie range is kinda situational, it will miss if the target moves but namegid will always hit provided u finish the charge and dont get hit.

I just dont believe in fire techs anymore. Kinda regret puting sp into fire when I my reset pass but i need to in order to get tech charge advance and pp revival.

Chdata
Aug 12, 2013, 02:19 PM

And having someone chain for you so you can namegid on ur own chain, is just stupid. Also note that it was Hard mode so the dmg isnt that exciting.

It's for ranged only, and I did it on H just cause I wanted to see how high I can hit with just a level 45/20 and VH would've hit a little lower.

It's called maxing, but I'm not maxed yet so not really. Obviously I would never bother to do this in any real situation.

Dextro
Aug 12, 2013, 02:21 PM
To add to what Bell said^
Anything with an infection point is pretty much asking for Namegid, maybe with the exception of Quartz/Ex parts on the off-chance that you (or somebody else) might trigger poison.

I can also vouch for PP Convert Nafoie, it absolutely melts anything weak to fire, including Rough Wave Orgs :-P

Also, we've already seen the results of a 100 Chain Namegid posted here.
And both me and Shadowth have posted Namegid damage on a WB+Poison'd quartz with an optimal setup, so there's no need to really hypothesise on the numbers (Spoiler: It doesn't hit anywhere close to a million, it's more in the 500k region)

Chdata
Aug 12, 2013, 02:24 PM
PSO2 Nafoie vs Namegid on Rockbear - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmEmJfIhDX4)

Honestly there I'd say that the difference is negligible. But if you had a full team, nafoie would've been better for the rockbear because everyone would've killed that thing before you even finished your namegid.

Also depending on the boss, between aiming nafoie properly or tagging namegid properly, it could vary. Rockbear is pretty easy there, probably banthers too.

So the main difference would be playstyle, whether you'd rather sit there and namegid or toss multiple spells.

Also have to look at not-maxed-player gameplay ;v cause at your level you down things so fast it almost doesn't matter at all. Or at least something that isn't downed so fast.

For example against Falz arms, against a WB weakpoint my zondes hit about 14k damage ea, and my namegid hits about 135k damage. Zonde will never catch up to that. I need to some time try grants and rafoie vs that though, I don't know how much I hit with those vs arms because I usually only ever use nazonde against arms (the shocking helps the entire team much more than namegid imo).

Emp
Aug 12, 2013, 02:26 PM
Honestly there I'd say that the difference is negligible. But if you had a full team, nafoie would've been better for the rockbear because everyone would've killed that thing before you even finished your namegid.

Also depending on the boss, between aiming nafoie properly or tagging namegid properly, it could vary. Rockbear is pretty easy there, probably banthers too.

So the main difference would be playstyle, whether you'd rather sit there and namegid or toss multiple spells.

Banthers would be a bit harder to aim at with nafoie. But provided that u got a friend to hog all the aggro, you shouldnt hv a problem.

Z-0
Aug 12, 2013, 02:36 PM
Banthers are ridiculously easy to Nafoie. Break a foot, and stand in front of it while it is stunned.

Zyrusticae
Aug 12, 2013, 02:47 PM
Meh, I'm all Dark Mastery, all the time, so naturally I just spam Namegid everywhere I go.

Of course the exceptions are places where things will die before I finish even a single cast anyway (lol rockbears), but in those cases I don't even really need the damage to begin with.

Btw, Namegid is great against Dirandals. Just target the rider and partially charge it to level 2 and it'll go down in one shot. Better than every other option IMO with how easy it is.

Gama
Aug 12, 2013, 03:31 PM
didnt know people played this game just to be lazy.

namegid is good. but. it really depends on several factors.

usualy i use namegid in bosses that move allot.

gigawuts
Aug 12, 2013, 03:36 PM

This is the best use, I think.

Get an initial lock on a hard to target breakable part and stay safe while it charges.
This sounds ideal for things like zeshrayda's kneecaps, quartz' tail (given that your alternatives are non-dark techs or something like samegid...namegid sounds great for this by comparison), etc.

AgemFrostMage
Aug 12, 2013, 03:59 PM
I find it overrated but still good in some situations. Quartz dragon is too fast so cannot get the full charge much of the time =( I still won, but how it charges back and forth is too much I sweat in the battle too much reflex testing.

On Rockbear I find Nafoie much better though you need to be point blank to the face.

Emp
Aug 12, 2013, 04:01 PM

That basically how I capped ra and both fo and te(before namegid was ever heard of of course lol). Ra isnt that powerful in a group unless u sub hu. And all I did as fo and te was zondeel on thrown card, make it lil easier for hu.

AgemFrostMage
Aug 12, 2013, 05:04 PM
Meh, I'm all Dark Mastery, all the time, so naturally I just spam Namegid everywhere I go.

Of course the exceptions are places where things will die before I finish even a single cast anyway (lol rockbears), but in those cases I don't even really need the damage to begin with.

Btw, Namegid is great against Dirandals. Just target the rider and partially charge it to level 2 and it'll go down in one shot. Better than every other option IMO with how easy it is.

agreed those things are terrible. Only problem is they aren't alone and can rush from behind while you charge. Other things can stop a cast too. Usually I ice everything, and namegid anything that isn't frozen. Also must jump to dodge as force or else you're stuck for a fraction of a second longer.

AgemFrostMage
Aug 12, 2013, 05:05 PM
Banthers would be a bit harder to aim at with nafoie. But provided that u got a friend to hog all the aggro, you shouldnt hv a problem.

Point blank it's good but mostly I find safoie still best. I'm still looking for a safoie over level 10 but no burn draals drop them yet =( Oh well, time to farm volcano AQ again -_-

Emp
Aug 12, 2013, 05:26 PM
Point blank it's good but mostly I find safoie still best. I'm still looking for a safoie over level 10 but no burn draals drop them yet =( Oh well, time to farm volcano AQ again -_-

Ya its good but I prefer to play it from afar like any fo should. Foie is stronger is bit more useful than safoie boss wise tho. If your up against mobs, help your team/mpa by zondeeling and use zonde instead.

solid_snark
Aug 12, 2013, 06:51 PM
Safoie is the go to tool for TACOs. I rarely use it in MPA's. Also still stuck at lv10 because Burn Draals are stingy...

Shadowth117
Aug 12, 2013, 08:25 PM
I don't know why this is getting into what tech is best on everything with some of you. Attacks have their place and using namegid on everything should be pretty clearly unwise. As a force who's had experience with many skill trees, I will say that I find it to be a somewhat overpowered technique for what it is. For its PP ALONE it probably has the best damage of any tech per PP point even which is one reason why nafoie for instance isn't always as good as it seems. (A devastating single target extremely long distance technique that is not limited by walls and will stay on any target that remains available until it goes off or the user is knocked out of it)

Its a skill that has its uses on a select set of enemies, namely bosses, and is outdone in many areas because of its lack of speed and actually even power in relation to certain other attacks. Its also probably the most difficult tech to just attack into itself because of the window in relation to the rest of attack, though still fairly easy with practice. Its good for any situation where something needs to take a lot of damage when other attacks won't kill it faster (particularly when in groups where they can potentially kill said enemy before namegid can touch it), situations where one needs a powerful tech on a single or few targets at a range, one needs a high damage attack on a jumpy and tanky target, and other than that shouldn't be used much.

Its not an AOE attack so you're already barring it from the majority of the game and with so many bosses that die faster to other things its not even always useful for them. Not to mention bosses that only have their weakpoint exposed for a very short time or move out of lock on range a lot are nearly useless to use it on. If you mess up with it, you also lose quite a lot of PP which can leave you very open for a bit or at least force you to waste time gunslashing or using a photon blast early to account for lost PP.

So yeah, I think its a superweapon, but saying its got no drawbacks and it beats all other DPS for example is just wrong.

UnLucky
Aug 12, 2013, 08:38 PM
Look, Namegid is not the optimal damage tech for any and everything in the best possible conditions.

Samegid does more overall DPS than it. Gimegid even moreso. On the same targets.

The only thing Namegid has over them is the auto target, which is really nice to be sure, but it's not omgwtfopnerfplx. It's also ~5x as strong with only ~3x the PP cost, and then less casting to interrupt your regen as well.

If you're specced into the element the target is weak to, and can hit their weak point with a good tech in said element, it will be much much better than Namegid.

If you're not specced in their weakness, or they're weak to dark, and you can't reliably hit their weak point with another good technic, and you won't lose your lock-on, then and only then is Namegid the right choice.

I don't want to see any of you using it on Falz arms.

Zyrusticae
Aug 12, 2013, 08:55 PM
Samegid does more overall DPS than it. Gimegid even moreso. On the same targets.
Just felt like pointing out this is only true if you have unlimited PP. Once you run out of PP, Namegid starts to look pretty damn good (thanks to the already-mentioned high PP-damage ratio).

Of course, some guys stack PP regen stuff on their mags and put loads of PP on their units and weapons, but some of us don't (or lack the funds for it, either way), so of course in those cases the tech with the higher PP-damage efficiency wins out in most scenarios.

That's not to say that it should see use everywhere. Obviously not, seeing as how it's single-target and takes so damn long to cast, but it's a damn good tech as far as I'm concerned.

Chdata
Aug 12, 2013, 09:19 PM
Namegid vs any non-tank mob is stupid, but there's plenty of times where I would've killed something faster with namegid instead of casting multiple spells.

And times where I did kill something faster with namegid instead of casting various spells.

For example, against el ahda that are a little higher leveled than me.

UnLucky
Aug 12, 2013, 11:23 PM
Just felt like pointing out this is only true if you have unlimited PP. Once you run out of PP, Namegid starts to look pretty damn good (thanks to the already-mentioned high PP-damage ratio).

Yeah, 5x Samegid is 115 PP cost, with 35 PP regen (with PPR).
Namegid is 60 PP cost, with 42 PP regen.
The comparison with Nafoie would be even harsher, but some quick GS regen or any PP skill blurs the line. Most anything would be a better instant PP dump than Namegid, though.

Sa/Gimegid would have a higher chance to poison over all those hits, and partial damage should you be interrupted. Obviously issues with landing all the hits or else Gimegid would see more general use outside of that bug week a while back.

Not to say Namegid isn't a good tech to be used in appropriate situations, but it certainly doesn't eclipse everything else.

Chdata
Aug 13, 2013, 02:48 AM
To be honest I have no idea why anyone took anything seriously in this thread in the first place. lol.

Alma
Aug 13, 2013, 08:29 AM

for dmg alone , its worthed imo.
with lv60 TE/FI full dark tree, namegid will deal 280k - 300k dmg on wb ed falz arm rear.

drawback is, if the arm didnt die in 2x namegid (its usually die with the help of backhand smash players), you will be the hate target of all arm lol

AgemFrostMage
Aug 13, 2013, 08:31 AM
Ya its good but I prefer to play it from afar like any fo should. Foie is stronger is bit more useful than safoie boss wise tho. If your up against mobs, help your team/mpa by zondeeling and use zonde instead.

I zondeel with safoie in Naberius TACOs and great for instantly getting PP back by hitting all the enemies at once. Though yeah zondeel and zonde has its place (namely desert, ruins, and tunnel AQs)

deahamlet
Aug 13, 2013, 09:37 AM
for dmg alone , its worthed imo.
with lv60 TE/FI full dark tree, namegid will deal 280k - 300k dmg on wb ed falz arm rear.

drawback is, if the arm didnt die in 2x namegid (its usually die with the help of backhand smash players), you will be the hate target of all arm lol

On Falz Hands, people should use... on Falz arms, unless the party is not going for breaking all arms, don't use. As it is with Light spec-ed forces and WB and all that, the stupid Falz 50 dies sometimes before the last arm is dead. Just too much DPS. Only use minimum to quickly break arms when they are down and I don't see Namegid being quick or just minimum damage. Now if it's Falz 60 or you don't care about breaking arms and just want fast Falz kill... away you go!
I still find most random groups of 12 want/try to break arms. I would feel like an a-hole going uber DPS and making it so they don't get to break all the arms. It doesn't matter what I want, it's just rude to ruin the other 11 people's plan.

Look, Namegid is not the optimal damage tech for any and everything in the best possible conditions.

The only thing Namegid has over them is the auto target, which is really nice to be sure, but it's not omgwtfopnerfplx. It's also ~5x as strong with only ~3x the PP cost, and then less casting to interrupt your regen as well.

If you're specced into the element the target is weak to, and can hit their weak point with a good tech in said element, it will be much much better than Namegid.

If you're not specced in their weakness, or they're weak to dark, and you can't reliably hit their weak point with another good technic, and you won't lose your lock-on, then and only then is Namegid the right choice.

Namegid is useless against a few bosses, to be sure. Gwanahda, SIGH, though being quick and landing a Namegid on the weakpoint when belly is up is very nice. Also on some bosses where it usually works (ruins bosses for example), if you are fighting in a small area (TACO or it just spawned in an inconvenient area) it stops being useful as you are as likely to be interrupted by the boss smacking you or your own mirage to stay alive.
Other bad choices can sometimes be Catendran and Catendransa, but those can be managed if staying close.

I find Namegid is what I go to nowadays for Ice weak enemies since I have no points invested in that area and absolutely cringe at most Ice spells.

Fire and Lightning spells are still my main go-to for mobs, and I don't know of anyone that use Namegid on a mob enemy other than: Amduscia TACO to not kill dragonkin and Garongos sometimes when you're feeling very annoyed at them.

Quartz Dragon broken nose with WB and Namegid is smexy.

gigawuts
Aug 13, 2013, 09:55 AM
Gibarta son. They even updated the graphic to match its true range. The thing could cover a goddamn football field.

Zenobia
Aug 13, 2013, 09:59 AM
Gibarta son. They even updated the graphic to match its true range. The thing could cover a goddamn football field.

Quoting this cause OMG Gibarta owns in Coast like yessu~!

Chdata
Aug 13, 2013, 10:47 AM
Namegid is useless against a few bosses, to be sure. Gwanahda, SIGH, though being quick and landing a Namegid on the weakpoint when belly is up is very nice. Also on some bosses where it usually works (ruins bosses for example), if you are fighting in a small area (TACO or it just spawned in an inconvenient area) it stops being useful as you are as likely to be interrupted by the boss smacking you or your own mirage to stay alive.
Other bad choices can sometimes be Catendran and Catendransa, but those can be managed if staying close.

I find Namegid is what I go to nowadays for Ice weak enemies since I have no points invested in that area and absolutely cringe at most Ice spells.

Fire and Lightning spells are still my main go-to for mobs, and I don't know of anyone that use Namegid on a mob enemy other than: Amduscia TACO to not kill dragonkin and Garongos sometimes when you're feeling very annoyed at them.

Quartz Dragon broken nose with WB and Namegid is smexy.

namegid is fine on gwana weak point, at least, you have a good time frame for planting one on it.

Caters are very hard to namegid unless you have someone else to aggro them for you so they don't dig.

Try getting namegid on tranzmizer weak point when it opens. You only have time for one and less than half a second time to start namegid on it after it opens, not even time to JA your attack unless you anticipate it before it opens.

Esofor
Aug 13, 2013, 10:49 AM
just so you know, digging is distance based. caters will not dig if you're point blank/somewhat near it

Kondibon
Aug 13, 2013, 10:58 AM
just so you know, digging is distance based. caters will not dig if you're point blank/somewhat near it

Now, I haven't tried it but I'm pretty sure getting a Namegid off at point blank on a Kater would be more tedious than just using another tech. x:

Chdata
Aug 13, 2013, 10:59 AM

I know, but whenever I'm close by I have lots of trouble dodging them. Dunno how to yet either.

That is, if you can dodge them without dodge rolling while close by.

Esofor
Aug 13, 2013, 11:00 AM
it's pretty easy to influence its AI so you don't get hit. cater AI isn't exactly rocket science

Kondibon
Aug 13, 2013, 11:02 AM
it's pretty easy to influence its AI so you don't get hit. cater AI isn't exactly rocket science

If you manage to stay in their safe zone too long they do that flip thing and usually end up far enough to think "HEY I SHOULD DIG!" ._.

gigawuts
Aug 13, 2013, 11:03 AM
Just bait it into continuously thrusting forward and then walking to its side.

Kondibon
Aug 13, 2013, 11:10 AM

I guess I'd have to try it. x:

Shadowth117
Aug 13, 2013, 12:57 PM
If you manage to stay in their safe zone too long they do that flip thing and usually end up far enough to think "HEY I SHOULD DIG!" ._.

Yeah, actually I'm gonna agree with this. It totally does happen and its very annoying. If you're a hunter or something and you're able to dash over its probably not an issue, but it happens all the time to me. I've even had them dig when I'm at point blank range before after that.

Zyrusticae
Aug 13, 2013, 01:27 PM

bait it into continuously thrusting forward

continuously thrusting forward
Come on, am I the only one who read this as a double entendre?

...Am I just that corrupted?

Jaqlou Swig KING
Aug 13, 2013, 01:34 PM
I think the longer you play this game the higher your perversion level gets. It's completely passive and you can't keep it from leveling up

Chdata
Aug 13, 2013, 01:37 PM
it's like how /toge accumulates hate

also cut-ins accumulate hate too, almost tenfold, from other players

ShinMaruku
Aug 13, 2013, 07:43 PM

You should see the name I have for them. :P

gigawuts
Aug 13, 2013, 08:12 PM

You should see some of the subtler ones I make that don't get any notice at all.