PDA

View Full Version : Coolest/Best Mag Action & Photon Blast

DKFox
Aug 12, 2013, 08:52 PM
Name both of them!

strikerhunter
Aug 12, 2013, 08:55 PM
Photon Blast: Ilios Imera. Not mention cool looking also and having a giant side-kick to follow you around.

Action: Heal Heal Heal Heal A

Punisher106
Aug 12, 2013, 09:03 PM
I got invincibility, PP restore, Revive, and other things I can't remember on my mag. But I really like Ketos Imera. I don't care what anyone says. Giant lasers are awesome.

BIG OLAF
Aug 12, 2013, 09:04 PM
Coolest PB is either lightning-based one. The giant lightning ring or the lightning aura blast.

Mag Action? Pffffft I dunno.

NoiseHERO
Aug 12, 2013, 09:08 PM
Mega Death Laser, would've gotten the second I figured out how mags work, if not for it being based on T-atk.

Action: Everything to do with instant healing.

Radical Dreamer
Aug 12, 2013, 09:10 PM
Dunno about Mag Actions, but I sure miss my dolphin Photon Blast from the first game...

Shirai
Aug 12, 2013, 09:25 PM
Unicorns the best, obviously. Cause unicorns are awesome!
Actually, I have no clue and will lurk this thread.

Dunno about Mag Actions, but I sure miss my dolphin Photon Blast from the first game...

Yes!

It's actually also a shame they don't have a similar Photon blast to the "Twins" one from the first game.

It'd be nice to get shifta and deband, and to chain it with multiple other blasts to increase its duration.

DKFox
Aug 12, 2013, 10:54 PM

Hell yea

DKFox
Aug 12, 2013, 11:00 PM
Oh, when I asked for mag action I was referring to the various types of attacks that it can do. Sorry about the ambiguity :P. The T-Attacks have got me interested ^^. Anyone try them out yet?

Nitro Vordex
Aug 12, 2013, 11:03 PM
Farilla.

Gigafreak
Aug 13, 2013, 12:29 AM
The best Photon Blast depends on whether you have more Satk, Ratk or Tatk. (Also anyone who likes having PP regen will like having Ketos Proi, sometimes also spelled Cetus Proi)

Helix specializes in Satk damage.
Ajax specializes in Ratk damage.
Ketos/Cetus is for Tatk damage (or PP regen, as Ketos/Cetus Proi)
Julius P is for Satk, I for Ratk, or N for Tatk.

Haven't tried Ilios yet, but I believe he's similar to Julius minus the idiotic autotarget AI-- Ilios attacks at the same time the player does.

As for the mag's attack action, I like Foie or Fire Bullets. Lots of things are weak against fire, and burn is a handy effect that some bosses are susceptible to. I suppose Megid or Dark Bullets could be useful for similar reasons, but fewer things are weak to Dark than are weak to Fire. Still, Poison's amazing against the bosses it can affect...

DKFox
Aug 13, 2013, 12:33 AM
Would having Vol Soul affixes influence burn effect on mag action?

Zenobia
Aug 13, 2013, 01:05 AM
Would having Vol Soul affixes influence burn effect on mag action?

No it will not.

Yuri has Unicorn cause it like stabbing things in the ass when it charges around.

Deuman will have Illios soon cause Braver

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 13, 2013, 03:17 AM
A list of the best 8 mag actions:

stat boost k
stat boost k
stat boost k
stat boost k
stat boost k
stat boost k
stat boost k
stat boost k

Honorable mention to pp restore j

Using megid to compliment my d saber burn, but might change that to grants, or zan since megid is only sets up dragonkin.

PB depends on class, but ilios proi is hilariously awesome damage. Makes me actually care about my PB for once.

DKFox
Aug 13, 2013, 03:48 AM
How are the stat boosts? Are they significant?
Right now its either that or sticking with heal actions.

mardygun
Aug 13, 2013, 04:19 AM
I really like Barta on my Force's T-ATK Mag! It freezes pretty frequently on normal enemies and can get the odd surprise freeze on Org Blan and stuff sometimes too.

jooozek
Aug 13, 2013, 04:22 AM
ketus proi & pp regen j master race

o0Kais0o
Aug 13, 2013, 06:30 AM
Julius Imera with Helix Imera a close second. Action wise? Stuff that heals me or recharges PP.

Gigafreak
Aug 13, 2013, 11:46 AM
If you're built for Satk, I find Julius Proi hilarious. What's a six-armed demigod's favored means of attack? Punching things nonstop. Kenshiro is invincible!

...It has poor targeting AI, though.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Aug 13, 2013, 11:50 AM
Stat Boost K all over the place.
Ketus Proi all day too.

gigawuts
Aug 13, 2013, 11:56 AM
For best, the vacuum ball PB is pretty handy in a large-ish chain to suck enemies together (hopefully towards other PBs - it's especially nice during PSE bursts), but the lightning horseycorn is pretty great in a small chain. Two lightning horseycorns hit pretty darn hard.

Z-0
Aug 13, 2013, 12:10 PM
I gotta say the Hyper Beam one is the coolest looking.

Ketos Proi is definitely the best PB though.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Aug 13, 2013, 01:08 PM
Forgot to say, favorite looking PB is Ketus Nykta (think that's what its called), the spinny lightning one. Wish we could have multiple PB's. Using Fishy PP Regen is great and all, but it doesn't look cool in any way.

gigawuts
Aug 13, 2013, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I miss that. Multiple PBs would be nice. I'd have PP fishy, vacuum ball, and twins with their 30+ minute S&Ds obviously.

HIT0SHI
Aug 13, 2013, 01:20 PM
I will forever miss Ascension Gift as a Photon Blast back in PSU: AoI. ;A;

However on PSO2, I mostly use Julius Nykta (vacum) though I'm considering changing to Ketos Imera (Lazer) which i personally see as the coolest looking one(not sure if it's accurate to were i spawn it though).

As for action triggers: Status Heal -> Monates Production -> Heal x3

Terrence
Aug 13, 2013, 02:27 PM
1- HP Restaure A
2- HP Restaure B
3- HP Restaure A
4- HP Restaure B
5- HP Restaure A
6- HP Restaure B
7- Status Heal B
8- Invincibility

Best PB ? Since offensive ones deal poor damage, I chose Ketos Proi for quick PB Jauge charge (so, I'm often invincible and can use the PB pretty often) and almost infinite PP each time I use the PB.

DKFox
Aug 13, 2013, 06:40 PM
Ketos Proi is definitely the best PB though.

Is that best for every classes? PP regen looks nicee

Jaqlou Swig KING
Aug 13, 2013, 06:48 PM
Is that best for every classes? PP regen looks nicee

Melee - Step attack time being enough to recharge you for more onslaught on a boss
Ranger - Benefits BIG time: That pitiful situation while you're in WB mode and have to wait for your PP to slowly charge? GG to that nonsense.
Techs - Well known/self explanatory/usually stock anyway

SquashDemon
Aug 14, 2013, 05:10 AM
Action/Blow Because nothing says "fuck you!" than a tiny robot running up to and punching the shit outta some poor common mob, launching them several feet up in the air like they just got Shoryuken'd

and Julius/Proi, because some pissed-off hindu god beating the hell out of every and anything with their many hindu arms is much more amusing when they're not targeting you. (She also moves a lot faster than Dark Falz...in ANY form.)

twins with their 30+ minute S&Ds obviously.

...I miss those lil' guys.

Oh and Pilla, fuck the Quartz Dragon, I was using it before it was cool!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 14, 2013, 06:15 PM
Best PB ? Since offensive ones deal poor damage, I chose Ketos Proi for quick PB Jauge charge (so, I'm often invincible and can use the PB pretty often) and almost infinite PP each time I use the PB.

Ilios proi actually deals serious damage.

I'm seeing 7k swings on weakpoints for 12 seconds unchained.

With a 4 PB chain, it lasts 26 seconds, and I think it hits even harder (sword had a blue flame with a 4 chain, and the PB last 26 seconds with a 3 chain as well if I remember correctly, so this is a bit of an assumption)