PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Full-screen

pkemr4
Aug 12, 2013, 10:15 PM
what is for? and what does it affect? O_o

Rexob
Aug 12, 2013, 10:18 PM
Basically full screen and from what I can tell - no screen tearing. My monitor is 1920x1080 and when I have use Full Screen at that resolution I get bad tearing, with Virtual Screen I get none.

Ezodagrom
Aug 12, 2013, 10:19 PM
Virtual Full Screen is pretty much window mode that fits the whole screen, there's no screen tearing and it allows for alot faster alt-tabbing, though you can't change the resolution, it automatically uses your screen's resolution.

Blundy
Aug 12, 2013, 10:20 PM
keeps my game from (sometimes) crashing when i minimize but it can lag a tiny bit when things get busy.

Variant
Aug 12, 2013, 10:42 PM
Virtual Full Screen is pretty much window mode that fits the whole screen, there's no screen tearing and it allows for alot faster alt-tabbing, though you can't change the resolution, it automatically uses your screen's resolution.

It allows for faster alt-tabbing in the sense that your game won't crash from minimizing. In exchange, it is always running and never becomes a background process (priority wise, it's always pulling resources like it would if it was active).

Chdata
Aug 12, 2013, 10:53 PM
Virtual fullscreen is what I use all the time.

It's basically windowed PSO2, but fitted to your screen so it appears like you're in fullscreen mode. Of course, the window options are also hidden and stuff so you don't close the game or something.

It's really good if you alt tab a lot.

KazukiQZ
Aug 12, 2013, 11:19 PM
^this. Basically, if your PC can handle it, it's the most balanced screen mode

Yutaka20
Aug 13, 2013, 10:35 PM
but cons of it is,u tend to get lag issue more upon crowded locations,lobby mess MPA spots
i was using VFS and was experiencing a lot of jittering.
switched back to full screen and it's much better now.
but u wont be ableto alt tab much though