PDA

View Full Version : So Chaos Sorcerer is back ...

Finalzone
Aug 13, 2013, 03:54 AM
... as Luda Sorcerer. I had an unpleasant surprise for being owned by this bastard. It is more annoying than its previous incarnation. I imagine a horde of them wiping out an entire party if not careful. For some reasons, I like facing them...

Zenobia
Aug 13, 2013, 04:01 AM
I like parrying there AOE lolz attack but they are so easy modo now.

Coatl
Aug 13, 2013, 04:07 AM
They usually do not spawn in hordes. Only 2-3 at a time at most.

Finalzone
Aug 13, 2013, 04:12 AM
Good to hear Sorcerers come at most 3.
I realized why I got owned: I did not use units (>.<). Of course the incident happened at VH.

jooozek
Aug 13, 2013, 04:36 AM
sorry but how could you compare those dumb luda sorcerers that at best can sonic arrow a slow disk (lel) to the rafoie/gibarta/megid (sup insta death) casting chaos sorcerers
like holy shit

SJRKnowledge96
Aug 13, 2013, 04:38 AM
Ah, yes, the Luda Sorcerers. I have an Umbrella with wind attributes and I've set all four of its Techniques as Wind-type, so I'm fine. Well, these days.

But I would always run from them because I thought them far too powerful.

Is it just me, or do they summon other Voparian/Bird Darkers? (Including other Luda Sorcerers?)

o0Kais0o
Aug 13, 2013, 06:12 AM
I've only fought Chaos Sorceror's on PSP2/i and even without the instakill megid they were a better fight than Luda's, who are actually pretty easy to kill.

jooozek
Aug 13, 2013, 06:45 AM
Ah, yes, the Luda Sorcerers. I have an Umbrella with wind attributes and I've set all four of its Techniques as Wind-type, so I'm fine. Well, these days.
techniques don't get anything out of weapon attribute

BlankM
Aug 13, 2013, 08:09 AM
Clip the wings with ranged attacks and you have easy dead bird. :3

AgemFrostMage
Aug 13, 2013, 08:13 AM
I really hate how the game assumes that zan blades will constantly be running through them because of movement and dodge and why they last so long even with it =( Oh well, point blank nafoie the red in front to avoid their big aoe after teleport, look backward since they attack from behind when teleported, and I even freeze them mid teleport with rabarta or gibarta. Zan is still best overall but nafoie their weak point when down. I only bother with them because of the iblis blood for my fighter.

AgemFrostMage
Aug 13, 2013, 08:26 AM
That's what I like about coast though: all magic elements can be useful: gibarta for wide spread out groups to freeze, Nafoie to burst down flowers and luda sorcerers up close, zan vs. darkers keeps cutting through, lighting not so useful though but zonde is... top down anyway (argh -_- ) but that's good for ruins and tunnel anyway to make up for it.

Edit: Said Nabarta, meant Nafoie since Nabarta is useless.

Sayara
Aug 13, 2013, 09:12 AM
They ought to bring back a more traditional chaos sorceror. Them and Belras were tight as shit

gigawuts
Aug 13, 2013, 09:58 AM
I'm sure they'll put in a boosted Luda in the same style of boosted falz, where all of its attacks might freeze you. Just wait for Super Very Hard.

Shirai
Aug 13, 2013, 09:59 AM
They ought to bring back a more traditional chaos sorceror. Them and Belras were tight as shit
Agreed.
How about chaos bringers?

Zenobia
Aug 13, 2013, 10:00 AM
Agreed.
How about chaos bringers?

Yes bring him back so I can lol at Forces who run from the sight him even though I did too.

gigawuts
Aug 13, 2013, 10:01 AM
Yes bring him back so I can lol at Forces who run from the sight him even though I did too.

Not so! If you had a minimum height character (at least FOmars, anyway) you could walk up and go AFK. His hits would go right over you. Good stuff.

Z-0
Aug 13, 2013, 10:01 AM
Actually you could do it with max height characters too. My max height HUcast (tallest chars in game if I remember correctly) never got hit if you stood at the correct blindspot.

Zenobia
Aug 13, 2013, 10:02 AM
Lolis get all the benefits...and yeah I did that before too back then.

Sayara
Aug 13, 2013, 10:23 AM
I'm sure they'll put in a boosted Luda in the same style of boosted falz, where all of its attacks might freeze you. Just wait for Super Very Hard.

Luda needs a soul as well.
(I just say that so it can be Luda soul (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211441))

and Chaos Bringers, they were cool but did not have the creep factor as Belras did. Especially the Indi Belra, my god those bodies

gigawuts
Aug 13, 2013, 10:27 AM
Belras just looked like giant Jamaicans to me.

It was the hat and necklace looking lights.

Every time they shot at me I just imagined them going like "Ey mon" and trying to fistbump me but I was too white and just fell over instead of fistbumping back.

Jaqlou Swig KING
Aug 13, 2013, 10:30 AM
Infinity White Aura Indi Belra x 4 plz.

Omega-z
Aug 13, 2013, 05:55 PM
Wouldn't the new boss fit the bill of being like a chaos bringer?

Zenobia
Aug 13, 2013, 08:02 PM

I said the same thing LOL.

TaigaUC
Aug 13, 2013, 10:23 PM
Once, I entered a map with two of my fancy geared level 58-60 characters and took a few steps, and suddenly two Luda Sorcerers simultaneously spawned on both sides of my characters and immediately cast that AOE. The AOE overlapped and immediately killed both my characters, with no time to get away. Couldn't do anything. Maybe if they were both Forces, I could have used the long-ass dodge.

Ah, random luck.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 13, 2013, 10:26 PM
One time I had to deal with 15 of them back to back and it got annoying real fast lol

Zyrusticae
Aug 13, 2013, 10:29 PM
Sometimes they just like spawning and spawning and spawning and spawning some more... Especially when you're solo.

Just a lot of HP to wade through at once.

TaigaUC
Aug 13, 2013, 10:55 PM
Yeah, I mean... by themselves the enemies are kinda interesting. But then sometimes they just spawn in massive groups non-stop in a row, and it becomes annoying and boring real fast.
It used to be the sharkdogs doing that, now it's the big flowers and the sorcerers. Feels like it takes forever to kill them if you're not in a group.

Especially annoying during bursts, too. System encourages fast kills, then spawns nothing but enemies that take forever to kill.
I wonder if they have a higher chance of PSE to make up for it? Knowing SEGA, probably not.

Sayara
Aug 14, 2013, 12:14 AM

It felt more like the heavenly mother than a chaos bringer, at least to me ;o

yoshiblue
Aug 14, 2013, 04:34 AM
Now if only burn did insane amounts of damage to it.