PDA

View Full Version : Making a New Character ... Height Advice

Nikoshae
Aug 14, 2013, 12:18 AM
Nikoshae is my beloved main character, the one I've put the most work into, and so on and so forth. His body is built around wearing the Blitz Ace line of clothing, and as such wearing just about any other outfit on him is just ... no. Laughable, but ... no.

I have a number of outfits I'd love to actually enjoy, such as Ethan Repca (omg I was such a fan of that look) and a few others ... so I made a new character with the free slot. I'm giddy at putzing around with a character of appropriate proportions for those outfits. I envision this character to be a late teens character, so he's of at least average if not slightly-above-average height. However, I'm not sure what an average height would be for a typical teenager.

Nikoshae's height is set to minimum, so that's no help.

What do you think is the proper height for a character that winds up being at Zeno's height ... or at least slightly shorter? I suppose the more fitting question is what is Zeno's height lol ... what was Ethan's height?

Help? :D

Also, yeah, he's a Dewman, because why not. And yes, I have a backstory for him XD I always have a way about roleplaying in mind for my characters even if I don't actually spend time roleplaying with folks.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 14, 2013, 12:19 AM
190cm

NintenJon25
Aug 14, 2013, 12:22 AM
Nikoshae is my beloved main character, the one I've put the most work into, and so on and so forth. His body is built around wearing the Blitz Ace line of clothing, and as such wearing just about any other outfit on him is just ... no. Laughable, but ... no.

I have a number of outfits I'd love to actually enjoy, such as Ethan Repca (omg I was such a fan of that look) and a few others ... so I made a new character with the free slot. I'm giddy at putzing around with a character of appropriate proportions for those outfits. I envision this character to be a late teens character, so he's of at least average if not slightly-above-average height. However, I'm not sure what an average height would be for a typical teenager.

What do you think is the proper height for a character that winds up being at Zeno's height ... or at least slightly shorter? I suppose the more fitting question is what is Zeno's height lol

Also, yeah, he's a Dewman, because why not.

Deumans UNITE! :D

I think my Human, Odin, is close to 200. I'll go check in the game and edit my post or just post another message afterwards.

I believe he's around the same height as Zeno, but I'll have to double-check that first. ;o

Nikoshae
Aug 14, 2013, 12:24 AM
I wasn't going to hop on the bandwagon, but I intend for this character to be a Braver/Hunter with a focus on Katana ... because why not. I tried a Katana earlier and had a lot of fun with it, so why not :) May as well play a Dewman as well since it'll give the early game a stat boost =p

This new character has freckles :D

Resanoca
Aug 14, 2013, 12:27 AM
Matching Zeno would be 185-190-ish. Give or take. Also have to consider what height his boots may or may not add. So around what Cyron said.

Sadly, I can't check on Tedo for certain reasons. >;

NoiseHERO
Aug 14, 2013, 12:30 AM
Late teens?

Xeno is kind of a giant...

SO YOU WANNA REFERENCE ICHIGO/ETHAN!

http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Ichigo_Kurosaki

>bodyshape/height/weight I'm actually serious make a ichigo based dude.

NintenJon25
Aug 14, 2013, 12:34 AM
I wasn't going to hop on the bandwagon, but I intend for this character to be a Braver/Hunter with a focus on Katana ... because why not. I tried a Katana earlier and had a lot of fun with it, so why not :) May as well play a Dewman as well since it'll give the early game a stat boost =p

This new character has freckles :D

Yeah, I just checked and my character is 202. He's a tad taller than Zeno, so the proportions you should try out should be anywhere from the 185~190 range, as Cyron pointed out. :D

Hope that helps!

And, yeah, I was loving my Human (M) Hunter until I got my hands around my new Deuman (F) Braver. I'm working on making her a Braver/Fighter with a specialization in the Bullet Bow, though I'm also going to invest a very good amount into Katana. I'm very great at hitting those weak spots. :3

Yeah, Azanami's CO's give a chock ton of EXP for doing...well...barely anything, really. I was surprised when my Deuman was Lv. 15 before even going to the Volcano! XD

That, and I kinda got lucky with a bunch of Emergency Codes in my last few Forest runs on Normal...even landed me a Sigalga from a Breeahda. Talk about luck.

Nikoshae
Aug 14, 2013, 12:35 AM
Late teens?

Xeno is kind of a giant...

SO YOU WANNA REFERENCE ICHIGO/ETHAN!

http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Ichigo_Kurosaki

>bodyshape/height/weight I'm actually serious make a ichigo based dude.

That actually helps XD

NintenJon25
Aug 14, 2013, 12:40 AM
Matching Zeno would be 185-190-ish. Give or take. Also have to consider what height his boots may or may not add. So around what Cyron said.

Sadly, I can't check on Tedo for certain reasons. >;

Shoot! Got to it before I got to post. :c

But, yeah, he's definitely 'within' 185-190. Maybe even stretch that a little more to ~193. My character's head is met half-way by Zeno's head. This should paint a more vivid picture:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i40.tinypic.com/10idk7k.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/xcq3gl.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2zgt768.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/34gkac1.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Nikoshae
Aug 14, 2013, 12:51 AM
I adjusted height in the beauty shop ... it's too bad the hour ticket doesn't carry over to other characters on the same account. There's a tiny tweak I'd love to do on Niko, but I keep not getting around to it XD

Edit: #$%#$%$ it, splurged cuz there was an edit I wanted to do on his mini-me, anyway.

Anywho, thanks for the quick help. I'll post a screenie in a bit of the complete character ... because why not.

Nikoshae
Aug 14, 2013, 01:12 AM
And here are those images. Yay I get to wear normal clothes lol

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/Eternamente926/pso20130814_010812_005.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/Eternamente926/pso20130814_010756_004.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Nikoshae
Aug 14, 2013, 01:27 AM
Of course, now I can't decide what hair colour I want, and whether or not I want those sunglasses that will give a nice colour accent, or the yellow tinted glasses...

NoiseHERO
Aug 14, 2013, 01:39 AM
make eye's 1/3rd smaller, torso slightly shorter by making lower leg segment slight higher then upper leg segment as well. (his knees are also kind of low) his arms are kind of thick too maybe around 1/4th smaller... Also those pants come out kind of baggy on my character so I'd assume you made the legs really skinny. @_@

(this dude totally didn't ask for character proportion advice)

The outfit making certain kind of proportions harder to tell in general.

But yeah, For hair color I'd vote Sora brown,or Chrono Trigger red.

Nikoshae
Aug 14, 2013, 01:52 AM
make eye's 1/3rd smaller, torso slightly shorter by making lower leg segment slight higher then upper leg segment as well. (his knees are also kind of low) his arms are kind of thick too maybe around 1/4th smaller... Also those pants come out kind of baggy on my character so I'd assume you made the legs really skinny. @_@

(this dude totally didn't ask for character proportion advice)

The outfit making certain kind of proportions harder to tell in general.

But yeah, For hair color I'd vote Sora brown,or Chrono Trigger red.

What do you think?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/Eternamente926/pso20130814_015145_010.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/Eternamente926/pso20130814_015055_009.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

He's becoming borderline Ethan Waber, outfit aside XD

I don't quite like the brown hair idea.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/Eternamente926/pso20130814_015342_011.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Edit: I further tweaked the leg shape so the're not toothpicky. They're more proper ... little bit baggy in the pants now, but still thin. I'm still futzing over hair colour, though I've kept it that shade of red in the screenshot above. I kind of like it, even though it's borderline Ethan Waber XD

NoiseHERO
Aug 14, 2013, 02:05 AM
SHOW HIS BODY NAKED!

But from what I see so far... his knees are still kind of low. Otherwise better so far.

Also for the hair, try a little bit darker, and a little less saturation (The bar on the right of the color palette thingie)

Nikoshae
Aug 14, 2013, 02:08 AM
Unfortunately my hour ran up, and I can't justify splurging on another ticket just yet :< But, eh, I like the hair colour that he wound up with. I did try the hair colour adjustment you suggested, and I liked it, but I also like this, so I'll be frugal for now.

Also, just for you, Rock~

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/Eternamente926/pso20130814_020903_012.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

NoiseHERO
Aug 14, 2013, 02:13 AM
Wait he's your only other character but you used ac to customize him? D:

Nikoshae
Aug 14, 2013, 02:15 AM
Wait he's your only other character but you used ac to customize him? D:

I thought that was kind of obvious cuz I was using Ethan's outfit in the screenshots >.>

I'll splurge on an hour ticket to fix a character, but I can't quite justify another ticket if I'm satisfied with what I've gotten when time runs out lol

Edit: Also, omg I invaded my own room, playing with my instruments ... so weird being able to see my character over the drum set for a change =p

NoiseHERO
Aug 14, 2013, 02:16 AM
Yeah I thought you just made him, so you were deleting him and remaking him and using ethan outfit while you were at it... D:

Unless he's an older character than I thought and I didn't read something... You could've saved AC.. x_X

Nikoshae
Aug 14, 2013, 02:18 AM
Yeah I thought you just made him, so you were deleting him and remaking him and using ethan outfit while you were at it... D:

Unless he's an older character than I thought and I didn't read something... You could've saved AC.. x_X

Oh, I didn't know that v.v I didn't think you could use outfits beyond starter outfits at creation. He'll wind up wearing the Ethan outfit primarily, so ... I wanted to make him look right in that, and everything else should fall into place.

Second character ... I suppose my own fault for assuming.

Edit: OMG I could have just previewed and saved and loaded that model upon creation, couldn't I have? D:

Edit 2: I have little to no idea how that works, actually XD

blace
Aug 14, 2013, 02:28 AM
Dude, where were you when myself and others have messed around with the second character slot? I paid 500 AC to confirm a few things.

When you save, you could've loaded it up during character creation and made adjustments over and over before deciding on the final look then spend AC when getting that look you want.

KazukiQZ
Aug 14, 2013, 02:39 AM
@Rock Eastwood
Is that you, the Kurosaki Ichigo in B20? With the Hollow-masked Shinigami theme?

NoiseHERO
Aug 14, 2013, 02:46 AM
@Rock Eastwood
Is that you, the Kurosaki Ichigo in B20? With the Hollow-masked Shinigami theme?

Nope.

I actually only just saw that dude today on my once a month trip to B20.

KazukiQZ
Aug 14, 2013, 02:53 AM
^Oh. Well, his Ichigo is kinda cool though. :3
So, you still planning on a Ichigo character? Kinda curious to see that...

NoiseHERO
Aug 14, 2013, 03:00 AM
No that was for niko, @_@

I actually hate ichigo outside of character design. 8D

Nikoshae
Aug 14, 2013, 03:00 AM
Yeah, I didn't know ... apparently you can make a character, edit it up in the beauty shop, save the result, delete the character, and then load the file ...? Assuming the race and gender chosen matches the race and gender of the file.

Is this correct? I'm thinking of trying this later.

redroses
Aug 14, 2013, 03:08 AM
Yes, that is how it works, Niko!
As long as you only have two characters you can delete and recreate them as much as you like. When entering the make over shop you can save your current character appearance and reload it when recreating your character in character creation.

Nikoshae
Aug 14, 2013, 03:32 AM
Yes, that is how it works, Niko!
As long as you only have two characters you can delete and recreate them as much as you like. When entering the make over shop you can save your current character appearance and reload it when recreating your character in character creation.

That's good to know, but if I intend to actually level said character that no longer works, huh. Well, it works, just not for free anymore. I was told that deleting a bought character slot deletes it permanently, and you'd have to re-buy. Am I correct?

Edit: Er, to clarify, I'd been debating getting a third slot to create the character in, but if I delete that slot when I'm done with it I lose the slot completely. I know we now get two character slots for free without question, but if you buy a new slot and delete that character the slot goes along with the deletion.

BIG OLAF
Aug 14, 2013, 06:00 AM
Just as long as he's not another shota! One per account is good enough.

the loli limit per account is actually zero but hey

AgemFrostMage
Aug 14, 2013, 06:35 AM
190cm

That is around 6'2"! It is very tall I make my guy tall but may tone it down to 176 cm if I decide to do a change, but practical things like ranged mag for the CAST and arks cash and premium renewal are my top priorities.

Zenobia
Aug 14, 2013, 07:33 AM
Wannah be doted by damn near 80% of the PSOW community go loli and be cute as fuck. Trust me if you aint cute its a no go.

AgemFrostMage
Aug 14, 2013, 07:42 AM
Wannah be doted by damn near 80% of the PSOW community go loli and be cute as fuck. Trust me if you aint cute its a no go.

Even among the NPCs too many overabundance of cute girls. I made a manly man and a cool robot. Though... the desert theme color scheme it has now doesn't go well with the drake set so I'm changing it.

The human I have:

Oh well, if no one buys my nazonde I can always save for a rappy suit to buy a color change pass.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa445/wow176/pso20130813_192056_039_zps6f237da9.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa445/wow176/pso20130812_164907_066_zps4fb06016.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Hat is cool, face is... meh, but cool overall.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 14, 2013, 09:40 AM
That is around 6'2"! It is very tall
W-What's wrong with being tall? D:

Pfft.
I'm cuter than all of them
-Hair flip-

Zenobia
Aug 14, 2013, 09:42 AM

Pfft.
-Hair flip-

They not understand the beauty that is Cyron like I do.

Nikoshae
Aug 14, 2013, 10:19 AM
And finally, the final product ...

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/Eternamente926/pso20130814_101613_016.png
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/Eternamente926/pso20130814_104938_024.png

On the one hand I do fear he looks too similar to Ethan himself, but on the other hand I like the shade of hair, the freckles ... Tenebris called him a 'cute ginger' lol

And yeah, he's a Dewman. I don't like the horns, though (sorry) and different coloured eyes felt a bit off to me. But I liked glowing eyes lol

Edit: Also, sorry I made a whole thread about this XD It was a Big Deal for me, cuz for the longest time I refused to make another character. Then I got a freebie. And finally I could create a character who could wear all the clothes my other character couldn't (without, you know, spending through the nose on AC). I appreciate all the advice, help, and good words about my final choices. And I'll probably level him up as a Katana-focused Braver, since Nikoshae's going the Bows route ... and it's something new to enjoy.

Shirai
Aug 14, 2013, 10:27 AM
Hmm...he doesn't really look like Ethan, so there shouldn't be anything to fear.
You went double on the Dewman eyes, that's actually quite cool.

NoiseHERO
Aug 14, 2013, 12:01 PM
Good job!-

Wait...

He reminds me of bomber strife...

GOOD JOB THO!

Nikoshae
Aug 14, 2013, 12:06 PM
Good job!-

Wait...

He reminds me of bomber strife...

GOOD JOB THO!

lol I had no idea what you were talking about, so I Googled it. Lo and behold one of your drawings was the first image XD

I suppose he does. Fun coincidence :)

NoiseHERO
Aug 14, 2013, 12:09 PM
lol I had no idea what you were talking about, so I Googled it. Lo and behold one of your drawings was the first image XD

I suppose he does. Fun coincidence :)

Uuuugggggggggghhhhhhhhh that's such an old, gross drawing asdfasg, hate looking at my old stufffff.

But yeah, it's not my character. It is cool that he comes up on google tho. @_@

Nikoshae
Aug 14, 2013, 12:10 PM
Uuuugggggggggghhhhhhhhh that's such an old, gross drawing asdfasg, hate looking at my old stufffff.

But yeah, it's not my character. It is cool that he comes up on google tho. @_@

I hate reading my old writing, too, but Fanfiction.net is forever v.v;;;;;

gigawuts
Aug 14, 2013, 12:11 PM
Delete it and go with max height max muscles and enormous hands.

Then make it a cast and make it green.

Be my green giant.

Nikoshae
Aug 14, 2013, 12:13 PM

Be my green giant.

Anything for you, studmuffin.

NoiseHERO
Aug 14, 2013, 12:13 PM
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/006/e/6/hollow_ichigo_2_by_rlzofengagment-d36kaox.jpg

This then.

AgemFrostMage
Aug 14, 2013, 01:52 PM

Pfft.
-Hair flip-

Nothing is wrong with tall but will probably stand out for it.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 14, 2013, 01:57 PM

Be my green giant.

I see how it is!

Blundy
Aug 14, 2013, 03:08 PM
my only advice is that if you want to be a ranger, be rather tall. If you're too short you'll fire assault rifles over the shoulder for some, strange, strange reason. Lisa of all people shoots hers that way and it just looks silly.

gigawuts
Aug 14, 2013, 03:18 PM
I see how it is!

baby it's not like that

BIG OLAF
Aug 14, 2013, 04:53 PM
HEY YEAH what's wrong with being tall?!

Final result looks pretty nice, Niko. I'll have to see him in person since I don't think the non-shader screens are doing him proper justice!

Even among the NPCs too many overabundance of cute girls. I made a manly man and a cool robot.

Hell yeah, that's the spirit. Gigawuts and I roll together and be the manly man/cool robot combo all the time. Haters take a step backwards.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 14, 2013, 05:20 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]

What do you think is the proper height for a character that winds up being at Zeno's height ... or at least slightly shorter? I suppose the more fitting question is what is Zeno's height lol ... what was Ethan's height?

Also, yeah, he's a Dewman, because why not. And yes, I have a backstory for him XD I always have a way about roleplaying in mind for my characters even if I don't actually spend time roleplaying with folks.[/SPOILER-BOX]

For reference's sake, the unit up in the upper right of the screen is height in cm [Unless I'm totally insane, which is definitely possible], so 180 is around 6 feet tall. My Caseal Violet stands 180 tall and Enforcer is around 190 [6.2 feet tall]. Violet is a little shorter than Zeno, so I think 190+ would be good, and...Wait, this thread was answered several pages ago?

Doggonnit.

Zenobia
Aug 14, 2013, 07:13 PM
baby it's not like that

Giga in the no no zone.

HEY YEAH what's wrong with being tall?!

Final result looks pretty nice, Niko. I'll have to see him in person since I don't think the non-shader screens are doing him proper justice!

Hell yeah, that's the spirit. Gigawuts and I roll together and be the manly man/cool robot combo all the time. Haters take a step backwards.

Why are you still worried about them anyway?