PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Marriages

Foxy-Kun
Aug 14, 2013, 10:26 PM
I've heard a lot about these, and I knew of them back in PSO1 and thought they were very cute. But I am curious as to how some one or a group of people go about having one in PSO2? Whether it's a actual thing that you can officially do in the game, or if it's run by a group of people who just want to do it for themselves. I'm not sure, but I am intrigued to know how it runs on PSO2.

Could anybody give me some insight?

NintenJon25
Aug 14, 2013, 10:40 PM
I've heard a lot about these, and I knew of them back in PSO1 and thought they were very cute. But I am curious as to how some one or a group of people go about having one in PSO2? Whether it's a actual thing that you can officially do in the game, or if it's run by a group of people who just want to do it for themselves. I'm not sure, but I am intrigued to know how it runs on PSO2.

Could anybody give me some insight?

Can't marry anyone in PSO2 just yet officially, but I wouldn't put it past SEGA to include that in a later update down the road.

As for arranging one yourself with a group of friends, I would say the best place to hold one would be the area outside of the shopping district. There're a few areas you could choose there. The stage, the empty space next to Zieg, the left-and-right rooms that are both separated from each other (which could be the two separate rooms for the two that are going to 'wed'), or even using the top-most bridge that connects to the center for the vows.

Bring out the Photon Chairs, a ton of dancing lobby actions, and accessorize yourselves in a nice suit and wedding dress, respectively, and you're ready to be unofficially wed, I suppose! XD

Drifting Fable
Aug 14, 2013, 10:42 PM
Nah beyond wedding dresses and room decor, everything else is run by your keystrokes and whomever is willing to assist you in said endeavor.

Freshellent
Aug 14, 2013, 10:46 PM
They were quite popular on PSU, used to see them 2x a month or so when Unis 1 and 2 where still poppin'.

A lot of people kind of find them silly, but you have to consider a couple things that go with it. Lots of people like to play pretend, so some games like Everquest, RO and FFXI supported in-game marriage. Some involved quest lines and in-game rewards.

With that, no. PSO2 doesn't have that feature, although there are wedding dresses and tuxes. So, you... kind of could?

Yeah.

Zorafim
Aug 14, 2013, 10:56 PM
I've been to one. There was a party crasher. One person ruins the whole thing. But yeah, you could arrange the whole thing yourself. Just keep in mind that you'll be in charge of the whole thing.

Foxy-Kun
Aug 14, 2013, 10:56 PM
thank you all for your insight and answers. I appreciate the feedback.

It seems like SEGA of JP would be willing to put that in there, I don't know why they would make tuxedos and wedding dresses just to put them in there; it has to have some underlying reason.

Thank you all again for your input, it makes me happy.

Freshellent
Aug 14, 2013, 11:11 PM
I don't think they put much more thought into it aside from Hey! These are some cool costume ideas and someone will like it!

Don't let the limits of a game prevent you from enjoying whatever it is you want to do so long as its not bringing game to the game or other players.

SakoHaruo
Aug 14, 2013, 11:16 PM
you want to get married? That would mean losing all your PSO2 waifus, all of them.

MoronSonOfBoron
Aug 14, 2013, 11:21 PM
When you get married, all your collectibles in shared storage get thrown out by your spouse.

When you get divorced, half of what's left goes to them.

Bad deal all in all.

Horo The Wise Wolf
Aug 14, 2013, 11:28 PM
Marriage was the best decision I have ever made on PSO2.

<3 Nina

Zenobia
Aug 14, 2013, 11:30 PM
You would only get married if you have something to gain from that person money wise.

You can love someone without being married and so forth.

You can have all of that without marriage kids these days......jokes on you.

Dnd
Aug 14, 2013, 11:41 PM
Marriage was the best decision I have ever made on PSO2.

<3 Nina

Oh you~ /la shy.

But, yes. after hearing about alot of marriages on gamecube and PSU etc, i was always.. interesting in being part of one, even as a witness, then this lil wolfy came along and 6 months later I was actually the one being married - and as my waifu says, i dont regret a day of it.

The evening it happened was great fun for me personally, even as an excuse to get a group of people together and just have some fun. how you do them is all player based and it means pretty much nothing in-game as far as 'new' features goes :3

[SPOILER-BOX]An image from the day, we used a 'my room' to hold it in and were all disappointed at the very small cap of people, but at the same time i was amazed just how good it all lookedhttp://farm6.staticflickr.com/5477/9054824688_5b5c770e1c_b.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Foxy-Kun
Aug 14, 2013, 11:51 PM
Thank you all again who answered further for your input as well; create constructive answers, some humorous, some more serious, and some adorable [Dnd and Nina].

I'm not looking to get PSO2 married persay yet as I haven't found many people I'm interested in that way [go figure].

But, as a side note, to all of you that answered I would LOVE it if you all added me on PSO2 and I would LOVE to play with each and every one of you or hang out in the lobbies together.

~Add me; Foxy-Kun.

Thanks to all that answered.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 15, 2013, 12:16 AM
Word of warning: If you DO play with Nina and Horo... Don't touch Horo's tail. The results are...

...bad.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 15, 2013, 12:20 AM
best in game wedding I've been to was oddly on the 360 PSU demo, been to a large number on PSU full the years after, and one on PSO2, plus a few on other MMOs but that one on the demo, that was the most well organized one I've been to, including full services, co-operative attendees, after party (at hot springs) and even present giving in the mission before hot springs (for them awesome present boxes PSU had) +^_^+ still nothing compared to all the IRL weddings I've been to, i really like weddings+^_^+

Dnd
Aug 15, 2013, 12:53 AM
I didnt get married to myself ;o Dnd and nina are both me, i just go by dnd on the forums and Nina as my char name, anyway *ahem*

I found the video of it again, i'll also say that the.. imperfections made it perfect :3 http://youtu.be/C_G3u3xMddw

Foxy-Kun
Aug 15, 2013, 12:58 AM
Oh Im sorry, add me on PSO2 and we'll play, I'd love to meet the couple.

Yutaka20
Aug 15, 2013, 12:58 AM
lol actually there are some players who are actually couples in real life
so yea XD
but if there is really wedding functions in pso2.i hope they arent gonna restrict to purely male and female chars lol
the amount of female chars in pso2 is OVER 9000!! XD
at least let female to female or male to male chars engage in "friendship bond" function which has the same ability as the couple wedding stuff xD

i would so propose to my gf in a pso2 style :X

Horo The Wise Wolf
Aug 15, 2013, 01:15 AM
Yeah me and Nina did it just for fun. It has actually been a couple random occurrences that has evolved into a project a few of us are working on. It turned out to be a lot of fun!

Foxy-Kun
Aug 15, 2013, 01:31 AM
Yeah me and Nina did it just for fun. It has actually been a couple random occurrences that has evolved into a project a few of us are working on. It turned out to be a lot of fun!

I'm sorry that I confused who he married with himself XD, that's very embarrassing.

Horo I would love to interact with you as well, I'm into the idea of PSO marriage I just never found anybody to do it with X)

I would love it if you added me, then we can all talk and hang out; like I used to do in the old days.

Thanks again for all the helpful replies and personal experiences everyone!! A great help!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 15, 2013, 02:09 AM
When you get married, all your collectibles in shared storage get thrown out by your spouse.

When you get divorced, half of what's left goes to them.

Bad deal all in all.

Words to live by.

Sizustar
Aug 15, 2013, 11:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIPCza2I6fI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIPCza2I6fI

Rehal
Aug 15, 2013, 12:22 PM
^ seems fun ;O

Why did I miss it? ;_________;

Vintasticvin
Aug 15, 2013, 12:27 PM
^ seems fun ;O

Why did I miss it? ;_________;

You missed a helluva party xD Even the rappies, trolls and griefers came :D

@everyone else: My Caseal is available for "marriage" and im hoping my character's wedding get raided xD

Shirai
Aug 15, 2013, 12:29 PM
That wedding...
There was so much spam and so on, that some people actually didn't know when they got married. I got so lost with all the spam, that I didn't even know either. if you ever want to have a wedding, DON'T MAKE IT PUBLIC.

Foxy-Kun
Aug 15, 2013, 12:40 PM
That looks like fun XD

Vintasticvin
Aug 15, 2013, 12:47 PM
Well there was a mass promotion team as if it was the block buster community event of the year.

So pretty much spam is to expect -.- No offense Mirai and Tenebris </3

Foxy-Kun
Aug 15, 2013, 12:51 PM
Well there was a mass promotion team as if it was the block buster community event of the year.

So pretty much spam is to expect -.- No offense Mirai and Tenebris </3

I'm sorry that happened with all the spam, but I'm sure it was great either way :3

blace
Aug 15, 2013, 12:53 PM
Nah, it was obnoxious and for Vita players it was hell.

Vintasticvin
Aug 15, 2013, 12:56 PM
I'm sorry that happened with all the spam, but I'm sure it was great either way :3

Oh it was effing awwwwesome cause after the party I found out someone on my friend list was one of the wedding crashers, I warp to their room and I hung out with the rappies, trolls and griefers. Most fun day of that month xD

Foxy-Kun
Aug 15, 2013, 01:00 PM
Oh it was effing awwwwesome cause after the party I found out someone on my friend list was one of the wedding crashers, I warp to their room and I hung out with the rappies, trolls and griefers. Most fun day of that month xD

LOL. Here's a little story for you guys i guess regarding that;

Back in PSO1 I was really into PSO1 marriages and it was very easy to get married, also very common [depending on the server you played (scthack had a few good marriages ours included)] and I met this young woman called Kylie on the server. We instantly loved each other and talked outside of the game and everything. We decided to get married on PSO [and shortly after that we decided to become a couple irl too so I know how that feels :3] and it turns out that one of the people that objected to her marrying me was one of her uncles that played PSO1!!! XD

I mean we didn't know it until he told her, but he was just having fun, LOL!!

Anyways, I can understand where the annoyance in it comes in from, but it's funny at the same time.

Vinta, you should add me on PSO2 as well. =)

Vintasticvin
Aug 15, 2013, 01:05 PM
Oh I'll totally add you to my lists Foxy-Kun just PM me your player ID tag I can and I'll add you asap when I get home later tonight.

Foxy-Kun
Aug 15, 2013, 01:35 PM
Oh I'll totally add you to my lists Foxy-Kun just PM me your player ID tag I can and I'll add you asap when I get home later tonight.

Foxy-Kun is my in game name, the only one on ship 2, any block [lobby] as well is what i play on, doesn't matter to me. Hope to meet you all in game =)

Vintasticvin
Aug 15, 2013, 01:43 PM
Foxy-Kun is my in game name, the only one on ship 2, any block [lobby] as well is what i play on, doesn't matter to me. Hope to meet you all in game =)

Lol all my info is on my siggy if you can see so Im set on letting others know how to reach me od wondering which ship Im on.

Foxy-Kun
Aug 15, 2013, 02:13 PM
Coolio, hope to meet you in game soon =)

Lostbob117
Aug 15, 2013, 03:12 PM
They're weird and if you announce them on psow you'll get trolls. Or I should, post them anywhere public. You'll more than likely get trolls.

o0Kais0o
Aug 15, 2013, 03:51 PM
Back on PSU I was invited to an in game marriage... I pretty much just laughed at the whole idea. A few years on, I've come to think that if people want to do that, then fair play to them, its really not hurting anyone and to be honest, it looks kind of fun to be a part of. Although trolls must be a massive issue if you want to hold a bigger ceremony...

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 15, 2013, 03:52 PM
I someday hope Cast Cy gets married to

Shit idk

gigawuts
Aug 15, 2013, 03:56 PM

Shit idk

I see how it is!

~Aya~
Aug 15, 2013, 04:02 PM
@thread title

This all seems familiar.... oh god.........

KISAMAAAA!!!!!!!

Kondibon
Aug 15, 2013, 04:17 PM

Shit idkShe can marry Milla so there can be Robut Yuri tiems.

Beep...
Boop... ;9 (http://i.imgur.com/ljVEJkv.jpg)

I see how it is!
And Giga too. It's only cheating if it's against the rules!

*pokerface*

BIG OLAF
Aug 15, 2013, 04:28 PM
oh hey everyone wats ^

Tingle & _______ 4ever

uguu sugoi nyaaa

Kondibon
Aug 15, 2013, 04:33 PM
oh hey everyone wats ^

Tingle & Nassandra 4ever

uguu sugoi nyaaa

I'm shipping them now.

And also Milla. Because Milla loves everyone.

Millaxeveryone.

~Aya~
Aug 15, 2013, 04:40 PM
I'm shipping them now.

Millaxeveryone.

Milla x ship 2

gigawuts
Aug 15, 2013, 04:46 PM
I'm shipping them now.

Millaxeveryone.

I'll be your Guld if you'll be my...

Kondibon
Aug 15, 2013, 04:52 PM
I'll be your Guld if you'll be my...

Memb-- waiiiit. ಠ_ಠ

I totally fumbled that. I read that as Guild. I am the dumb.
http://fuuka.warosu.org/data/cgl/img/0068/78/1370224663025.jpg

Yaknow, on the topic. I actually find ingame marrages pretty interesting. Though it kinda rubs me the wong way when people take the mso seriously as to put on the same level as dating in real life. If two people who are already dating get their characters married then sure ok. But if I want to make an alt with a funny name for a pun, or RP or whatever I don't think I have to literally be in a committed romantic relationship with the other person irl.

Which brings me back to what I said before. I was totally not joking. It would amuse me greatly if Milla could get married to everyone. In character.

~Aya~
Aug 15, 2013, 05:11 PM
Memb-- waiiiit. ಠ_ಠ

I totally fumbled that. I read that as Guild. I am the dumb.
http://fuuka.warosu.org/data/cgl/img/0068/78/1370224663025.jpg

Yaknow, on the topic. I actually find ingame marrages pretty interesting. Though it kinda rubs me the wong way when people take the mso seriously as to put on the same level as dating in real life. If two people who are already dating get their characters married then sure ok. But if I want to make an alt with a funny name for a pun, or RP or whatever I don't think I have to literally be in a committed romantic relationship with the other person irl.

Which brings me back to what I said before. I was totally not joking. It would amuse me greatly if Milla could get married to everyone. In character.

Only problem is sometimes you get people who play on their character for so long that they become it or the opposite gender... guy irl playing girl becomes a girl and vice versa. Lol >_____>;;;

Kondibon
Aug 15, 2013, 05:22 PM
Only problem is sometimes you get people who play on their character for so long that they become it or the opposite gender... guy irl playing girl becomes a girl and vice versa. Lol >_____>;;;

Err my point was that who they are irl doesn't really matter since it's not like you're actually getting married anyway. It's a role playing thing to me. Though in this case, where it's not actually part of the game having the whole wedding thing seems a bit much for just goofing off.

~Aya~
Aug 15, 2013, 05:36 PM
Err my point was that who they are irl doesn't really matter since it's not like you're actually getting married anyway. It's a role playing thing to me. Though in this case, where it's not actually part of the game having the whole wedding thing seems a bit much for just goofing off.

I know. I just wanted to get the chance to say that 8D

Vintasticvin
Aug 15, 2013, 05:45 PM

PSO weddings is SRS BZNS IRL

Emp
Aug 15, 2013, 05:58 PM
>get hitched
>make baby support partners

~Aya~
Aug 15, 2013, 06:18 PM
Babby support partners are sooo cuuuuute!!

gigawuts
Aug 15, 2013, 06:36 PM
I want to see a marriage where someone in a lillipan suit marries someone in a rappy suit and their litter of babby lillipan and rappy support partners are there and everything

Enforcer MKV
Aug 15, 2013, 06:39 PM
I want to see a marriage where someone in a lillipan suit marries someone in a rappy suit and their litter of babby lillipan and rappy support partners are there and everything

Okay, okay, okay...this is a fun idea. I actually like this.

~Aya~
Aug 15, 2013, 06:58 PM
Hmmm...

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7q89cT2Ja1r5ljlxo1_400.jpg

Vintasticvin
Aug 15, 2013, 07:03 PM

Okay, okay, okay...this is a fun idea. I actually like this.

;) Hint hint Giga...

Foxy-Kun
Aug 15, 2013, 07:21 PM
wonk wonk

Enforcer MKV
Aug 15, 2013, 07:22 PM
;) Hint hint Giga...

No.

5char

gigawuts
Aug 15, 2013, 07:25 PM
I agree, no. When I marry En I don't want him in a suit, I want him as naked as a new polished steel fridge with the protective plastic covering peeled off.

Vintasticvin
Aug 15, 2013, 07:39 PM
I agree, no. When I marry En I don't want him in a suit, I want him as naked as a new polished steel fridge with the protective plastic covering peeled off.

Ohhh god giga you sure know how to get a girl motherboard hot *fans self*

Enforcer MKV
Aug 15, 2013, 07:44 PM

...I don't even. Oi, stay away! I'm gonna send my army of chibi gundams after you! D:<

[SPOILER-BOX]http://ip1.anime-pictures.net/jvwall_images/fb3/fb380192e61b80dfe18adbcfcefdfab5_bp.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

supersonix9
Aug 15, 2013, 07:46 PM
this would be cool because then I could marry myself

i think

Shirai
Aug 15, 2013, 07:49 PM
this would be cool because then I could marry myself

i think

male sine can marry female sine.

gigawuts
Aug 15, 2013, 07:56 PM
...I don't even. Oi, stay away! I'm gonna send my army of chibi gundams after you! D:<

[SPOILER-BOX]http://ip1.anime-pictures.net/jvwall_images/fb3/fb380192e61b80dfe18adbcfcefdfab5_bp.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Our army.

Or, rather, our litter.

Alisha
Aug 15, 2013, 08:16 PM
a month ago i would of laughed at this thread. now...not so much

Foxy-Kun
Aug 15, 2013, 08:25 PM
Ohhh god giga you sure know how to get a girl motherboard hot *fans self*

I'm happy that I was able to make this such a mating ground =o

~Aya~
Aug 15, 2013, 08:29 PM
Our army.

Or, rather, our litter.

I knew you were something special~

Swinging both ways is totally cool.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 15, 2013, 08:34 PM
I was honestly expecting worse when I decided to post here. xD Anyway, going into hiding again.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 15, 2013, 08:36 PM
-Drags Enforce back on a hook-

Enforcer MKV
Aug 15, 2013, 08:42 PM
-Drags Enforce back on a hook-

O_o!?

Foxy-Kun
Aug 15, 2013, 10:04 PM
This topic is too funny, I wish I could add and play with you all ^_^

supersonix9
Aug 15, 2013, 10:20 PM
saaas

Sayara
Aug 15, 2013, 10:27 PM

Alot of fun she said, right... (http://i2.minus.com/iDTyVtLdu1Jp4.jpg)

Foxy-Kun
Aug 15, 2013, 10:56 PM
lol XD

Dnd
Aug 15, 2013, 11:23 PM
Alot of fun she said, right... (http://i2.minus.com/iDTyVtLdu1Jp4.jpg)
It felt like a nightmare I couldn't awaken from (https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/941132_10152918560555481_1742535390_n.jpg)
Because you haven't taken any delight slowly picking apart ninas pshyce now have you? :P

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 15, 2013, 11:28 PM
Meanwhile Cyron dances circles around you

Foxy-Kun
Aug 16, 2013, 12:00 AM
u all so sexy

supersonix9
Aug 16, 2013, 01:16 AM
thanks

Foxy-Kun
Aug 16, 2013, 02:28 AM
thanks

Sine stfu XD

Zenobia
Aug 16, 2013, 04:22 AM
Sine stfu XD

But he is really sexy though I have pervy thought of me and him doing the dirty all the time.

Did I mention he is such a femboy?

Foxy-Kun
Aug 16, 2013, 04:46 AM
But he is really sexy though I have pervy thought of me and him doing the dirty all the time.

Did I mention he is such a femboy?

I know this, I'm in the same team as Sine. He's such a sexy beast.

Nikoshae
Aug 31, 2013, 01:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIPCza2I6fI

I remember this :D