PDA

View Full Version : Rare boosters worth it?

AgemFrostMage
Aug 15, 2013, 04:32 PM
Hi! Since I have my storage at 100 capacity and renewed premium I am asking if the AC rare boosters are worth it. I did a 50% boost from a campaign reward at the beach AQ and my "best" prize was a ... level 14 zanverse, most useless technique -_- I did get both of Org Kratos' PAs, but both were under level 10 =( Still better than nothing after farming subdue Org Blan =)

Anyway, I want to know if rare booster are worth it, if I buy I'm saving for an organized party in AQs, especially one that drops a good 10 star rod like ruins. I am a 54/50 Fo/Te and I have three trees in each:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?04fb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3IkbcIk0lbIn0000 009b00000ib00000ib000064OIk2K2Xjbnbn0000lb000008

Since fire and lightning sync so well together because in tunnels and desert are darkers weak to fire and robots weak to lightning. Lightning tree also has fire charge maxed out:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?04fb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3IkbcIkbcIk0lbIn0000 009b00000ib00000ib000064OI22KIbjcAcAcF0000ib000008

Except for Lilipa TA (and I never did very hard with that one anyway) I never use lightning exclusively.

Ice tree:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?04fb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3IkbcIkbcIk0lbIn0000 009b00000ib00000ib000064OI22FGAqqrAIk00007b000008

With three in freeze keep. I know for grouping freeze boost is impractical but if gibarta hits a bit field in front for three hits then a 5% freeze boost would add up over time... though with the sharkdog nerf (big motivation for freeze points to escape or heal at the right moment) they die relatively fast anyway. However, big freezing has helped me big time in the floating continent AQ:

Now onto my techer trees:

Main/dark:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?04fb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3IkbcIkIYIk0lbIn0000 009b00000ib00000ib00006do0000084OdoldI2J2qxIgIb000 0

Wind:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?04fb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3IkbcIkIYIk0lbIn0000 009b00000ib00000ib00006do0000084OdqHXidI2pFIb0000j

And the PP Convert/Light tree:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?04fb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3IkbcIkIYIk0lbIn0000 009b00000ib00000ib00006do0000084O7dykcF4QuN0000f

For Ruins AQ grouping I think lightning tree with PP convert tree is best because of Falz Hunar at the end. I'm going for element weak hit maxing and won't put more into light since light techs are usually slow but hunar is really weak to it.

I have a +9 elder rod too and am hunting for an upgrade and know things go by faster in groups..

~Aya~
Aug 15, 2013, 04:43 PM
Imo.. only worth it when they are free or earned without paying for them. The rng can make them seem like they don't take effect at all.

Dnd
Aug 15, 2013, 04:55 PM
Rare boosters, take it from someone whos used too many to be healthy at this stage. they work, but only for common stuff, only have i ever once gotten a rare with one active that i wanted (Ruin charm in ruin AQ and even then its fairly common to start with)

UnLucky
Aug 15, 2013, 05:41 PM
I thought this thread was about rare boost tickets, not Force skill trees

Emp
Aug 15, 2013, 05:41 PM
They are worth it in AQs if you have really high risk imo. But you'll end up getting a pack full of yucky red weapons.

And I cant help but talk about your trees man. Its great that you are investing into many different skill builds but in most AQ parties, you're better off just zondeeling/zonde'ing everything. The faster you kill, the better you're chances at a burst. Im not sure if you've ever done AQs but usually one person, mainly the HU or fi, distracts the boss while the others kill off the mobs.

MetalDude
Aug 15, 2013, 07:01 PM
Very useful in XQs, kind of helpful in high risk AQs, nearly useless otherwise.

AgemFrostMage
Aug 15, 2013, 07:05 PM

Just want to tell any potential teammates that I can adapt in any AQ but am mostly doing fire for safoie and ruins for the rod but ruins is really hard because of falz hunar at the end. I know 150% increase over .001% is still very little so I save my 800 spare AC on maybe a makeover ticket or something.

Zipzo
Aug 15, 2013, 07:07 PM

I honestly can't tell which.

AgemFrostMage
Aug 15, 2013, 07:09 PM
They are worth it in AQs if you have really high risk imo. But you'll end up getting a pack full of yucky red weapons.

And I cant help but talk about your trees man. Its great that you are investing into many different skill builds but in most AQ parties, you're better off just zondeeling/zonde'ing everything. The faster you kill, the better you're chances at a burst. Im not sure if you've ever done AQs but usually one person, mainly the HU or fi, distracts the boss while the others kill off the mobs.

I've done AQs but not in party. First time I experience the quartz dragon do its rush back and forth. I won but was afraid the entire fight. Rod I want is in ruins so zondeel (on all my subpalletes anyway) and zonde is perfect. Even the 600-630 ones would be great though I just need to feed my mag and level some more to qualify for equipping them. Stop time after zondeel needs to be decreased so can dodge immediately after casting lol! Otherwise have to wait for them to commit first then suck in when they're in between attacks.

~Aya~
Aug 15, 2013, 07:16 PM

Move along now. I know where your hangout is~

Dun make me come jump all over your pixels in my floating red chair

AgemFrostMage
Aug 15, 2013, 07:19 PM

Like I said, if anyone is on ship 10 they know what trees I have so can level and adapt to AQs optimally. Also if rare boosters are worth the AC. If you spent real money for boosters the game owes you a 10 star, but... with RNG isn't always the case and has no decency to tell what it owes others -_-

Zipzo
Aug 15, 2013, 07:26 PM
Like I said, if anyone is on ship 10 they know what trees I have so can level and adapt to AQs optimally. Also if rare boosters are worth the AC. If you spent real money for boosters the game owes you a 10 star, but... with RNG isn't always the case and has no decency to tell what it owes others -_-

*rubseyes

WHAT O_O?

Can somebody translate?

strikerhunter
Aug 15, 2013, 07:29 PM
If you spent real money for boosters the game owes you a 10 star, but... with RNG isn't always the case and has no decency to tell what it owes others -_-

They way you said it make sound like you want it to be a pay-to-win thing.

Dnd
Aug 15, 2013, 07:30 PM
Also if rare boosters are worth the AC. If you spent real money for boosters the game owes you a 10 star, but... with RNG isn't always the case and has no decency to tell what it owes others -_-

My advise, never, ever spend AC on the rare drop boosters, you might aswell just throw 850 AC into the toilet and never see it again, i know this for sure because i was stupid enough to get afew sets when i was naive enough to...

as far as the game owing you stuff goes, i wouldn't count on any real returns from your investment, ever - trust me, been there, done that, regretted it all the same

UnLucky
Aug 15, 2013, 08:21 PM
Just get Rare Boost tickets with Excubes.

Emp
Aug 15, 2013, 08:32 PM
I've done AQs but not in party. First time I experience the quartz dragon do its rush back and forth. I won but was afraid the entire fight. Rod I want is in ruins so zondeel (on all my subpalletes anyway) and zonde is perfect. Even the 600-630 ones would be great though I just need to feed my mag and level some more to qualify for equipping them. Stop time after zondeel needs to be decreased so can dodge immediately after casting lol! Otherwise have to wait for them to commit first then suck in when they're in between attacks.

Personally if your zondeeling, you should be using a talis. U dmg will be decreased by a tiny bit but being able to zondeel enemies off a thrown card from afar is a great tactic.

I would recommend u to use Seiten 10* stone rod, the upgraded version. And then demonic fork for dark techs. Just focus on lvling. Hunting amaterasu or high pow rods really shouldnt a concern for u atm.

Exiled_Gundam
Aug 15, 2013, 09:15 PM
It can only further boost your luck if your luck is high enough on that day :P
I acquired my Motav and Flame Visit by using both Triboost 100% and Rare Drop boost 250% on rare drop boost days (Motav during 1 year anniversary bonus day, Flame Visit on 50% boost day) using Lucky Rise unit set and Lambda Vraolet, against normal DFE. Acquired Ely Sion on rare drop 50% boost day, using 75% rare drop boost and almost similar equipment (instead of LV I used Flame Visit), against boosted DFE. Most of the time when I used both boosters and Lucky Rise sets, there is almost guaranteed chance of acquiring a rare drop from DFE; at one time when my boost expired halfway, suddenly I didn't get any rares from DFE from that session.

And I rarely get any rare from boosted DFE or DF Arms

Zenobia
Aug 15, 2013, 09:21 PM
Rare booster work when they want too.

You don't hunt rares in PSO2 rares show them selves too those who are worthy.

Bunch of Masochist in here.......

TaigaUC
Aug 15, 2013, 09:28 PM
+500% of 5% drop rate = 25%
+500% of 3% drop rate = 15%
+500% of 1% drop rate = 5%
+500% of 0.1% drop rate = 0.5%
+500% of 0.01% drop rate = 0.05%
+500% of 0.001% drop rate = 0.005%

The good rares are probably around 0.01% to 0.001%.

Basically,
- Don't bother buying rare boosts
- Use them if you can spare them
- Don't expect anything because 99% of the time you will get nothing
- They're good for AQ exchange drops and crap like that, if you don't want to do AQ a billion times

BIG OLAF
Aug 15, 2013, 09:29 PM
Random is random. I can say I've found more 'good' rares without boosters. But the experience will vary for everyone in every instance.

LordShade
Aug 15, 2013, 09:35 PM
boost tickets are only good if you have them for extended periods of time

you are hardly going to get anything of value in simply half an hr, but if you have it for 4hrs, the chance goes up quite significantly.

Zenobia
Aug 15, 2013, 09:47 PM
boost tickets are only good if you have them for extended periods of time

you are hardly going to get anything of value in simply half an hr, but if you have it for 4hrs, the chance goes up quite significantly.

Due too Sega's Logic.

30min 250 rare booster surely nets you the moolah clearly.....

TaigaUC
Aug 15, 2013, 09:52 PM
Don't know about that. I've had +400-500% for 1-2+ hours before and still got nothing.
You could spend your entire life with +500% = 0.005% chance and still get nothing. RNG!

Macman
Aug 18, 2013, 11:23 AM
Only times rare boosts are worth it are AQs for stones, and XQs for stones. That's it.

AgemFrostMage
Aug 18, 2013, 11:48 AM
+500% of 5% drop rate = 25%
+500% of 3% drop rate = 15%
+500% of 1% drop rate = 5%
+500% of 0.1% drop rate = 0.5%
+500% of 0.01% drop rate = 0.05%
+500% of 0.001% drop rate = 0.005%

The good rares are probably around 0.01% to 0.001%.

Basically,
- Don't bother buying rare boosts
- Use them if you can spare them
- Don't expect anything because 99% of the time you will get nothing
- They're good for AQ exchange drops and crap like that, if you don't want to do AQ a billion times

Do the quest keys drop more often too with booster? Eventually I reach a point where I must pay to quest again... like, I'm at the stage now -_-Just need 3 more A passes.

MetalDude
Aug 18, 2013, 12:50 PM
Capsules do not drop more often, only pyroxene stones. For example, running Desert AQs during reward week I was almost consistently capping out stones every full run while I'm still getting around 10-20 capsules.

UnLucky
Aug 18, 2013, 12:55 PM
Always make sure you're in a full party for AQs and either fully clear the maps or prioritize PSE Bursts.

You really shouldn't be getting such an absurdly bad string of luck to completely run out of every capsule type.

AgemFrostMage
Aug 19, 2013, 05:06 AM
Always make sure you're in a full party for AQs and either fully clear the maps or prioritize PSE Bursts.

You really shouldn't be getting such an absurdly bad string of luck to completely run out of every capsule type.

I used to be able to keep consistent over 10 of each, then the rate dropped off. I don't do AQs much anymore since I need to grind weapons and the caps are expensive.

Walkure
Aug 19, 2013, 05:35 AM
Soloing can get you a net profit on capsules. I mostly dick around with lucky rise armor and still get back more than I put in.

Though if you lack the drops to sustain AQ soloing, don't.

gigawuts
Aug 19, 2013, 09:50 AM
It's anecdotal, but I've found exactly TWO 10*s while using boosters. One was an elder rifle. I have used dozens of free boosters - 50%s, 250%s, triboosters, tri & rare combined for 350%, etc.

Also anecdotal, but a few hours before finding that elder rifle I was doing a run where my ticket ran out 30 seconds before falz died. He dropped

wait for it...

an elder rifle

So yes, I found an elder rifle just after my tickets expired, then found a second one during another pair of combined 350% tickets. It was a real prize.

The other one was a cannon legacy during spammed XQ runs and I was very happy about it because I got to sell it. I have used tickets a whole bunch of times, always during boosted ice falz or during XQs (or during a PSE burst with enemies that drop a rare I'm after). I'm sure other people have used tickets way more than me, but I've still used plenty.

I have found literally dozens of 10* weapons by now. I'm talking easily 40+, and only two of those were found during boosters. Boosters are a complete waste.

Excelstra
Aug 19, 2013, 02:56 PM
It's anecdotal, but I've found exactly TWO 10*s while using boosters. One was an elder rifle. I have used dozens of free boosters - 50%s, 250%s, triboosters, tri & rare combined for 350%, etc.

Also anecdotal, but a few hours before finding that elder rifle I was doing a run where my ticket ran out 30 seconds before falz died. He dropped

wait for it...

an elder rifle

So yes, I found an elder rifle just after my tickets expired, then found a second one during another pair of combined 350% tickets. It was a real prize.

The other one was a cannon legacy during spammed XQ runs and I was very happy about it because I got to sell it. I have used tickets a whole bunch of times, always during boosted ice falz or during XQs (or during a PSE burst with enemies that drop a rare I'm after). I'm sure other people have used tickets way more than me, but I've still used plenty.

I have found literally dozens of 10* weapons by now. I'm talking easily 40+, and only two of those were found during boosters. Boosters are a complete waste.

That is similar to what I experienced.
I haven't found anywhere near as many items(especially not 10*), but all of the good drops were outside of boosts of any kind.

Walkure
Aug 19, 2013, 03:58 PM
Let's assume that someone uses 250% + 100% tri booster 1% of the time, and 50%+50% or something 4% of the time. This means that for every one hour of fighting mobs, you're effectively getting (1% * 500%)+(4% * 255%)+(95% * 100%) = 1.102 hours of farming.

In this "effective time", which is now evenly distributed in drop rate density, a 10* weapon drops. What's the probability of it dropping within the normal time? This accounts for the 1 hour, or 90.7% of the effective time.

As far as 10* weapons, I have gotten ~30 weapons and about three of them have been under a booster. Which, in my view, is pretty impressive, because a vast, overwhelming majority of my time in VH, AQs, and Falz runs have been without boosters. I used to sparingly use them in some bursts or when Falz was about to die, but I don't really anymore. I save rare boosters, meseta boosters, and triboosters for XQs entirely.

Emp
Aug 19, 2013, 04:24 PM
I used to be able to keep consistent over 10 of each, then the rate dropped off. I don't do AQs much anymore since I need to grind weapons and the caps are expensive.

Only a fool or needy person buys caps from the npc. Just ask the host if he or she can pay for the whole party. Its how I got started with Aqs.

gigawuts
Aug 19, 2013, 04:28 PM
uuuuuuuh koffee gives you 10 a caps and that's all you need to get started on AQs

she also gives you 10 b caps and 10 c caps, which is more than enough to get you started on AQs

Emp
Aug 19, 2013, 04:30 PM
uuuuuuuh koffee gives you 10 a caps and that's all you need to get started on AQs

she also gives you 10 b caps and 10 c caps, which is more than enough to get you started on AQs

Yes but buying the caps from npc when u run out is just plain stupid to me. Now if ur ridiculously rich, then it doesnt matter.

gigawuts
Aug 19, 2013, 04:32 PM
how about don't run out?

I have something like 900 caps in total, never bought a single one

I hear about people with over a stack of each ;/

UnLucky
Aug 19, 2013, 05:01 PM
Yeah I've been in a bunch of runs where we specifically clear as little as possible.

Skip Area 1, clear along the way in Area 2, leader goes first in Area 3.

I still get an average of 10 caps per run. Obviously there will be crappy runs with like 5-7, but a good burst can get you 20+.

Let's assume that someone uses 250% + 100% tri booster 1% of the time, and 50%+50% or something 4% of the time. This means that for every one hour of fighting mobs, you're effectively getting (1% * 500%)+(4% * 255%)+(95% * 100%) = 1.102 hours of farming.

In this "effective time", which is now evenly distributed in drop rate density, a 10* weapon drops. What's the probability of it dropping within the normal time? This accounts for the 1 hour, or 90.7% of the effective time.
Exactly this. There's no way you're under the effects of a booster a majority of the time.

Compare 30m with 480% Rare Drop vs 30m without any RDR. Got nothing both times? That's PSO2 for you. But getting more rares overall without boosters doesn't mean boosters don't help...

A 1/1000 drop rate becoming 1/400 is a pretty big jump for just one ticket, imo.

AgemFrostMage
Aug 19, 2013, 05:15 PM
Only a fool or needy person buys caps from the npc. Just ask the host if he or she can pay for the whole party. Its how I got started with Aqs.

But I'm never in party for them =( I want to party but the thing is, people have their own teams and different goals. One might want to ignore boss, but I might want to fight. I even have enough force and tech skilltrees to bring the right tools for any situation:

Fire/Dark: Dark is where my element weakhit is maxed, need 9 more levels to max on the PP Convert (should be on force fire tree as it syncs better)/light tree.

Fire/Light: for city and Naberius TA (Force only, otherwise if techer Fire/Dark for the Element weak hit and hit with wand to recover PP)

Fire/Wind: may try at coast sometime, otherwise I don't use this combo.

Ice/Dark: syncs very well, especially anywhere in Amadeusca (except for the TA, where I use fire/dark because of the darkers).

Ice/Wind: Nearly always in free explore coast, or in XQs where traditional weaknesses are mitigated.

Ice/Light: sometimes ruins, but never really use unless I accidentally forget to switch one tree or get dyslexic (confuse main tree for force when I'm actually a techer at the moment, how I found out ice is useful at ruins because of stun utility).

Thunder/Dark is my main for ruins and desert AQ because of namegid for zesh and of course element weak hit.

Thunder/Wind: Tunnel explore.

Thunder/Light: Never need because thunder consumes very little PP. Since lightning and fire weakness are found in the same place a lot I maxed the fire reduce charge branch. Speed worth more than the damage increase because of its added flexibility.

Here's an example of one of my subpalletes:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa445/wow176/pso20130818_202056_003_zps9c488638.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

The obligatory resta (of course), shifta, though I use it when I should attack since I wait for a commitment from the boss, zondeel, not for the damage but utility, very useful against the wolves in this TA, namegid, which I don't use in this TA, but is always on just in case, safoie, most used on the pallet, for fast undodgable AoE, Nafoie, practical in second to last part even if misses, Gigrantz is in the weapon subpallete, safoie in the subpallete in the picture and most used skill, accurte with wide code, but close range, still need to upgrade past 8, razan, for knocking down breehadas and al ahdas to hit their weakspots with either nafoie or safoie. And that is only one pallet!

Just to inform those I wont gung ho and die but have tactics for different monsters. Dragons may be neutral to ice in the sky, but the freeze is useful and gibarta syncs well with their spawn and attack formations.

And a random Quna picture because I like her ^_^

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa445/wow176/pso20130819_090605_007_zpsdf8b07b6.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

GuardianGirth
Aug 19, 2013, 07:47 PM
Only use them for XQ stones or lv56+ Rare bosses. No where else.

Coatl
Aug 19, 2013, 08:40 PM

Exit cross bursts.

AgemFrostMage
Aug 20, 2013, 08:35 AM

I have a 250% and am definitely saving it to stack with an exit bursts team, and even then near the boss.

jcart953
Aug 20, 2013, 02:18 PM
Personally I would only use them for XQ stones . Nothing else seems to have a major impact for me.