PDA

View Full Version : Classic Phantasy Star Event, anyone?

NintenJon25
Aug 16, 2013, 12:26 AM
In case I got your hopes up, you can rest assured that this is not an update post. Unless I'm some sort of time-traveler, that is...but that's another story...

Wondering what the community's thoughts on having an AC Scratch occur maybe once a year for a month that has the classic costumes, hairstyles, accessories, and more, that classic Phantasy Star I, II, III, and IV characters would deck themselves out with?

But, let's make this thread a bit more fun than just to speculate about what could be included in that lovely AC Scratch lottery too. In fact, let's expand from this just being about AC Scratch to something more...an actual event. You heard me right.

Here are my thoughts on such an event:

The event's timing could be in relation with the original Phantasy Star game's initial release in Japan (the month of December) along with the Christmas Event. During the event, each area in the game would get a number of both common and rare creatures either replacing or adding in more possible monsters to encounter in each field from the older Phantasy Star games.

Older weapons, such as the Laconian set of weapons and armor, would also become available in all forms of weapon types and costumes and would only be available during this event, for instance! :D

Three EQ VR missions could be there to take part in and would only be available during this time of the year that Sega celebrates Phantasy Star's heritage. Each of the three would simulate Palma, Motavia, and Dezoris, respectively.

Spoiler for those who are going to play, or haven't beaten, the original games:
[SPOILER-BOX]Dark Falz got his origins from the very first Phantasy Star game, so he's a recurring final boss throughout the entire series as a result. Think of him as the 'Bowser' of the franchise. Now...imagine having an epic boss battle against that nightmarish form he had back in the old days and having it locked at the hardest difficulty setting. *shivers*[/SPOILER-BOX]

While we're at it, if you're a classic Phantasy Star fan, name your favorite characters and what you'd like to accessorize with! :D

I'm obviously a huge fan of Odin (as evidenced by my first main character being named 'Odin' and looking like a modern version of him in-game as well as my avatar), but my second favorite character is Amy Sage from Phantasy Star II. I would say my third is a tie between both Nei and Wren.

Guess who my next three characters in PSO2 are going to be named after? Haha. :-P

Sound off below! :D
- NintenJon25

strikerhunter
Aug 16, 2013, 01:18 AM
What can I expect/predict?:

-Be done in December as you said already.
-3 seasonal EQs for Nab, Lilipa, and Amud. (seriously all 3 planets in each game really relates to one-another or the beginning ones should I say)
-Some revivals from older scratches.
-Some revivals from classic series.
-Either new form of Dark Falz that is actually scary/challenging or Profound Darkness himself :-P
-Oh yea as said on the road map: Weapon Customization Update.
-Kuna comes back to sing again after coming up with a new song and bring her biggest (literally) fan.

landman
Aug 16, 2013, 02:59 AM
I don't thing they would go as far as new stages and enemy skins, and in that part I'd actually prefer they focus in original pso2 content. Costumes and weapons (Laconian Axe is the only important missing one) is another thing, they have nothing to do with the main development of the game. I'd love to see Pikes and Rajas around the lobby ^^

AgemFrostMage
Aug 16, 2013, 06:09 AM
"Dark Falz got his origins from the very first Phantasy Star game, so he's a recurring final boss throughout the entire series as a result. Think of him as the 'Bowser' of the franchise. Now...imagine having an epic boss battle against that nightmarish form he had back in the old days and having it locked at the hardest difficulty setting. *shivers*"

But the Dark Falz from PS1 is very weak by PSO2 standards. Even by PSIV standards since he was only a regular enemy in the final dungeon as prophallus. With that said I'd love to see a musk cat companion and mag, fight locusts and rare versions called fanbite, fight Lassic as a boss and Zio as his tougher rare form, wizards and their rare fiend form, and not this Vita only shit! Too much favoritism for Vita players -_-

Edit: Lassic was in IV and harder than Zio, never mind -_- Still loved how IV brought back the fantasy balance between sci-fi and fantasy, II was nearly all sci-fi with little dabs of fantasy here and there.

Favorite characters in no particular order:

1.Alis, was a good girl, but far stronger than she looked since she takes down dragons and robots and can survive laser shots.

2.Myau, playable cats are always great!

3.Eusis/Rolf: Just an awesome character, great fighter and force.

4.Rudo: Has a cool backstory, tank, only those who want challenge mode leave him out of party.

5.Shir: Love the green preppy theme! Green compliments her agility and wind theme very well. Best healer with items because can move before monsters, can even outrun Dark Force if level appropriate! Though overlevel maybe anyone can. Looks like she is ready for tennis ^_^

6.Lune and Ryan: Lune's hair is like a rock star, Ryan has a gangster look and sunglasses make him stand out from other Phantasy Star characters:

7.Kara/Luna: I just think she's a really pretty princess and I like pretty princesses ^_^

8.Rune: Just a really cool wizard

9.Raja: Wise crack, actual alien.

Last and certainly not least...

10. Dark Force! :D His lines are always great, especially in Phantasy Star III when after you beat him, gives him personality.

NintenJon25
Aug 16, 2013, 07:04 AM
What can I expect/predict?:

-Be done in December as you said already.
-3 seasonal EQs for Nab, Lilipa, and Amud. (seriously all 3 planets in each game really relates to one-another or the beginning ones should I say)

Three seems to be Phantasy Star's lucky number. ^^

-Some revivals from older scratches.
-Some revivals from classic series.
-Either new form of Dark Falz that is actually scary/challenging or Profound Darkness himself :-P

Definitely. The thing I liked about the original PSO is that Dark Falz made the transition to 3D very well. In this game, he's really lost what made him such a great final boss.

You really can't describe how Dark Falz looks in one word because he's always changing from each game, and if there's one thing I think Phantasy Star Online 2 did not get very well in my books, it would definitely be how the Darkers are portrayed in this game. I've barely even progressed into the game thus far because I just started my new account, but from what I've played of Naberius and Amduscia, it just feels like I'm fighting against creatures ripped straight from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Breeahda, Kartargots, and Dagans especially) than the Darkers themselves.

I don't know...I still have a large number of areas to go through, so hopefully my perception of the Darkers change eventually, and I get my ass handed back to me on a silver platter.

I don't thing they would go as far as new stages and enemy skins, and in that part I'd actually prefer they focus in original pso2 content. Costumes and weapons (Laconian Axe is the only important missing one) is another thing, they have nothing to do with the main development of the game. I'd love to see Pikes and Rajas around the lobby ^^

Yeah, they'd probably just use existing areas. I would still love to see them incorporate them into the game in some regard, though. Of course, if any of that holds back on the main development of the game, I would say to just forget about that and work on bringing back the costumes and weapons, maybe have one EQ instead, and one rare creature.

The Laconian Axe would be PERFECT. <3

Too much favoritism for Vita players -_-

Agreed.

Favorite characters in no particular order:

1.Alis, was a good girl, but far stronger than she looked since she takes down dragons and robots and can survive laser shots.

2.Myau, playable cats are always great!

3.Eusis/Rolf: Just an awesome character, great fighter and force.

4.Rudo: Has a cool backstory, tank, only those who want challenge mode leave him out of party.

5.Shir: Love the green preppy theme! Green compliments her agility and wind theme very well. Best healer with items because can move before monsters, can even outrun Dark Force if level appropriate! Though overlevel maybe anyone can. Looks like she is ready for tennis ^_^

6.Lune and Ryan: Lune's hair is like a rock star, Ryan has a gangster look and sunglasses make him stand out from other Phantasy Star characters:

7.Kara/Luna: I just think she's a really pretty princess and I like pretty princesses ^_^

8.Rune: Just a really cool wizard

9.Raja: Wise crack, actual alien.

Last and certainly not least...

10. Dark Force! :D His lines are always great, especially in Phantasy Star III when after you beat him, gives him personality.

Great choices! :D

Omega-z
Aug 16, 2013, 11:11 AM
Well, you can get a pretty good looking Raja and you almost can get a Gryz (need more fur for it and a snout). Here's a pic of a in-game Raja in PSO2.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=959&pictureid=36832[/SPOILER-BOX]

Emp
Aug 16, 2013, 02:22 PM
Well, you can get a pretty good looking Raja and you almost can get a Gryz (need more fur for it and a snout). Here's a pic of a in-game Raja in PSO2.

[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=959&pictureid=36832[/spoiler-box]

Are you the grinch? You better not be tryin to steal mah christmas this year!

landman
Aug 16, 2013, 02:44 PM
That actually looks awesome :P

untrustful
Aug 16, 2013, 06:31 PM
http://pso2-project.net/upload/51a59a955e2195494300000a

Omega-z
Aug 16, 2013, 06:45 PM
Here's an up close pic of his face.:) enjoy! :rappy:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=821&pictureid=36838[/SPOILER-BOX]

RedRaz0r
Aug 16, 2013, 06:50 PM
I think I'll be the first to say....

No thanks.

strikerhunter
Aug 16, 2013, 07:34 PM
Definitely. The thing I liked about the original PSO is that Dark Falz made the transition to 3D very well. In this game, he's really lost what made him such a great final boss.

Falz Description: The boss that never learns to quit no matter what.

The Elder Falz doesn't really have that final boss feeling, but here is the thing, he isn't really the final boss. He doesn't have that feeling because he's just another boss, not your final boss.

Final bosses in most games are made to be challenge beat to living hell out of you and truly test what learned throughout the game.

If you ask me, Elder Falz just feels like a walk-n-the park boss.

gigawuts
Aug 16, 2013, 07:35 PM
Yeah, in the F2P era the only final boss is the last one they make before they determine the game is not worth running anymore. Unfortunately.

That said, when Falz was brand new it was pretty damn epic.

Emp
Aug 16, 2013, 07:37 PM
Here's an up close pic of his face.:) enjoy! :rappy:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=821&pictureid=36838[/SPOILER-BOX]

Dont steal mah christmas...