PDA

View Full Version : Girard's Rare COs

Chdata
Aug 17, 2013, 02:56 PM
Does anyone else feel like accepting one of his COs increases the chance of finding the rare enemy related?

So far almost every time I've accepted one I've ended up running into the rare enemy in the next mission that has them available.

gigawuts
Aug 17, 2013, 02:57 PM
Increases? No, it's the opposite effect. It's just like the 5 SP COs - as soon as you grab it you'll never find it again. Oh, you want to kill one more quartz dragon? Here's three crys draals in a row!

~Aya~
Aug 17, 2013, 03:10 PM
Increases? No, it's the opposite effect. It's just like the 5 SP COs - as soon as you grab it you'll never find it again. Oh, you want to kill one more quartz dragon? Here's three crys draals in a row!

I'll stop turning in SP quests for awhile now. Thanks.

Xaeris
Aug 17, 2013, 03:21 PM

Truth. "Lilipa Emergency finally showed up and you need some Big Vardhas? How about two Kings in a row instead?"

EvilMag
Aug 17, 2013, 03:23 PM

That's not as bad as me getting 7 king vardhas in a fucking row when helping a friend with his SP CO.

Chdata
Aug 17, 2013, 03:48 PM
haha

2bad not level 56

Evangelion X.XX
Aug 17, 2013, 04:12 PM
I swear... this game is self-aware, man. What the hell did we ever do to it?

IzzyData
Aug 17, 2013, 04:23 PM
These CO's are bothersome because there are like 20 and you'd need to always have all of them in order to get lucky at any of them. It's too annoying to go swap them every time you do a different zone.

AgemFrostMage
Aug 17, 2013, 04:42 PM
I swear... this game is self-aware, man. What the hell did we ever do to it?

Too aware sometimes =( When I had the rare cats in the Naberius emergency quest everytime I'd use PP convert they'd jump into the tree and I killed the last immediately after the quest failed =( Wasn't counting on them being able to go up in trees for half a minute. Meh, at least Nazan is level 13 now. Still would be nice to get the last cat's treasure but the CO still counted thankfully.

AgemFrostMage
Aug 17, 2013, 04:44 PM
I wish the Vopal emergency quest wasn't timed and was like the Boarder Break quest instead and classed under limited not emergency so you can do it repeatedly, that was the best quest ever if there was anyone around. The new one could be better (how was mentioned here ;) )

UnLucky
Aug 17, 2013, 09:17 PM
Nope, I grabbed the Noire Draal CO and then spent a good 4 hours running Free Sanctum nonstop.

Got it the one time, dropped nothing, then we all quit. Thanks +50% Rare Enemy event!

Chdata
Aug 17, 2013, 09:48 PM
imo just do AQs if you want to meet rare bosses, then it'll be worth your while.

Walkure
Aug 17, 2013, 09:51 PM
Confirmation Bias. That is all.

Nikoshae
Aug 18, 2013, 03:45 AM
I always bemoan myself when I had the inkling to pick up those rare CO's, don't, and then lo and behold one of those rare enemies are right there staring me in the face.

AgemFrostMage
Aug 18, 2013, 07:28 AM
Nope, I grabbed the Noire Draal CO and then spent a good 4 hours running Free Sanctum nonstop.

Got it the one time, dropped nothing, then we all quit. Thanks +50% Rare Enemy event!

Only one I find was in the BB quest and the only other person kept dying, so had to telepipe after then moon them to life. Only dropped a level 10 nagrantz, not a good skill except in some situations, like a much slower, longer lasting gigrants that covers 3 dimensions. Monsters being able to get out of damage fields vastly reduces the spell's use (and some others too like the raining megid bolts that needs zondeel to be effective).

gigawuts
Aug 18, 2013, 08:55 AM
Last night I was subject to proof of concept.

I had two more quartz kills to go on my SP CO. I went into the campship, realized I probably didn't have my crys draal CO, went out to get it, then headed for the boss.

GUESS WHO

Not even one ragrants disc.

Punisher106
Aug 18, 2013, 09:53 AM
Back when I unlocked VH for the first time, I picked up some of his COs for areas I frequent. That Which is Named King was one of the COs I picked up. My friends decided to do some Varder hunting, and let me join in, busting my VH cherry. The FIRST TWO Varders were kings, giving me 2 out of 3 kills. I never saw a third until an AQ, which timed out before I killed. Then they made it so you only needed one. Sega hates us.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 18, 2013, 11:54 AM
I wish. Would have saved me days farming an add bullet disk above level 10.

Rare snow pair is the rarest of the rare along side signo blue.