PDA

View Full Version : How obsessive are you with getting your character's looks just so?

Nikoshae
Aug 18, 2013, 02:53 AM
So, for the past few days I've been obsessing over that free character slot we got with Episode 2. I've created and recreated a single character at least three times, and have spent literally hours fussing over tiny details ... such as the thighs are a tiny bit too thin, or oh no now they're a tiny bit too wide. I've spent so much time fussing and futzing over his face, trying to get it just perfect. I've gotten a plethora of compliments. I've deluged poor Tenebris with screenshots, asking for his input and advice.

And yet I keep obsessing.

I've yet to take him on the field to level him, because I've learned that whole 'edit him for free' trick since it's a free character slot ... just save, delete, and reload the final result I've come up with. Final. Yeah, right. If I invest any time in actually playing him, and I'm still displeased with his look then I have to spend even more AC on him (I'd accidentally spent AC to fix his look before I realized the whole 'edit for free' trick).

This has been a big deal for me.

You see, I feel I got it right on Nikoshae the first time. Well, technically the first time; I had to fix him when I started wearing the Blitz Ace look on him, but ever since then he's changed little save for accessories and other free-to-change pieces (cat eyes, woo!). He's my adorable little guy, and I love him. People have given me the nicest compliments on him. I think my favourite is 'well put-together,' because it means that this is a character that they feel just looks complete as he is. It's a bigger compliment than it sounds.

Ah, but then this new evil second character slot came along, and brought out the perfectionist in me. Never before have I had so much trouble. In PSU I got my character's look right the first time, and it just so happened his body type wound up looking perfect in my favourite set, Storia (I didn't know about the set until well after I'd created him and started playing). In other games such as World of Warcraft, and even other F2P games the character creation is kind of limited and easier to choose. Face type, hairstyle, hair colour, and that's pretty much it, Barbie, get in there and get to max level. In PSO2 the character creation is so much more complex, and so much emphasis is put on the look and feel of the characters.

Arg ... this past afternoon I remade the character, and really love how he looks. Like, I found it hard to nitpick him. I spent a good hour or so just chilling out as him, chatting with a friend in her room. I've gotten used to this character model, and love it. But just now I got up after a nap and had a quick thought, "did I load in the proper model save on him, or did I load in an earlier one when I created him this time?" Which means that I'm doubting myself again, and wondering if I should find out if I loaded in the one I meant to, or if I didn't if I should just stick with what I've got now.

As you can see, I'm obsessing. Do others experience this sort of thing when creating their characters?

Edit: Apparently I did load in the correct save model on him, so he is the final product of all of my obsessing and nitpicking and ... everything. People are probably going to moan and groan that this was the character I'd primarily wear Ethan's outfit on, but man I've loved that outfit and got such a thrill when I learned it was a real recently released outfit to wear in PSO2. I can't wear that sort of thing on Nikoshae! lol

ShinKai
Aug 18, 2013, 03:09 AM
Well, I just keep remaking the characters I had in PSO1 in each generation.

But, I also know I can never get them 100% the same as they were, so I try to make them look as much like the old characters as possible before I get bored and fed up and call it "Good enough"

That's just me. I'd rather spend the extra time that I could have spent if I had used the character creator more, and use it on playing with my character. I guess I have the attention span of a gnat.

Xaeris
Aug 18, 2013, 03:15 AM
Am I obsessive? ...I've bought many Salon tickets. Enough that I'd be embarrassed to attach an actual number to it. That's all I've got to say about that. As for the matter of finding things to fix after I think I've got it nice and perfect, yeah, that happens to me. Sometimes I act on it, but I usually don't, dismissing it as grass is greener syndrome.

Zipzo
Aug 18, 2013, 06:46 AM
I've bought plenty of salon tickets in order to "edit" my character to perfection, and seeing something that's wrong here and there, just even little imperfections I catch over the course of a year have been the cause.

I'm at a point, thankfully, where I'm quite happy with how my character looks and I have a lot of difficulty really pointing out anything to find "wrong" with her now, but there's always that constant battle of trying to match my clothes, weapon, and mag in to a perfect trifecta. I've remodeled my R-ATT mag maybe 7 times now with different mag devices, some of those times were even short-lived simply because once I used (even when I knew what it was going to look like), it just didn't quite match as well as I thought it would. So yeah, lots of meseta on not just accessories and costumes, but mag devices as well. Then there's getting a new "main" weapon or a new costume I think looks better. I also need a different look depending on what role I'm playing, ranged, caster, or melee...so I'm up-keeping this necessary frustration on several wardrobes, not just one.

It's a never-ending struggle you commit to when you play PSO2.

Syklo
Aug 18, 2013, 06:51 AM
....Does trying to choose between #0076AA and #0076AF (rgb) for coloring count as obsessive?

Because that's my problem.

Zipzo
Aug 18, 2013, 06:56 AM
....Does trying to choose between #0076AA and #0076AF (rgb) for coloring count as obsessive?

I honestly blame the game itself for a lot of my editing and character customization woes.

We really needed a character emote/stance change option in the customizer, and the worst offender goes to the lighting.

The "out-of-salon" look of your character seems to differ quite greatly from what you see in the salon, so much so that it can cause the inclination to edit things to the guideline of what you look like outside, instead of inside.

There's a serious lighting disparity or something...especially with skin color. Eyes are weird too, you'll be looking in one direction and your eyes will glow your chosen color, but in another direction and the coloring is dull as nails. It's stupid.

Nikoshae
Aug 18, 2013, 07:00 AM
We really needed a character emote/stance change option in the customizer, and the worst offender goes to the lighting.

The "out-of-salon" look of your character seems to differ quite greatly from what you see in the salon, so much so that it can cause the inclination to edit things to the guideline of what you look like outside, instead of inside.

There's a serious lighting disparity or something...especially with skin color. Eyes are weird too, you'll be looking in one direction and your eyes will glow your chosen color, but in another direction and the coloring is dull as nails. It's stupid.

I totally agree with this. One of the things I kept relating to folks is how I wish I could at least see how the character walks, runs, and poses, because in the salon you're in a very neutral stance. Out of the salon your character (well, males) have this slightly spread apart bent-at-the-knees stance when at rest, so you wind up seemingly slightly different then.

Zipzo
Aug 18, 2013, 07:09 AM
I totally agree with this. One of the things I kept relating to folks is how I wish I could at least see how the character walks, runs, and poses, because in the salon you're in a very neutral stance. Out of the salon your character (well, males) have this slightly spread apart bent-at-the-knees stance when at rest, so you wind up seemingly slightly different then.

I'd say it's way worse for female characters (which comprises a majority of the created characters in the game)...it's like they're giving birth to an alien, all the time.

BIG OLAF
Aug 18, 2013, 07:11 AM
Yes, I am. But, it never takes me hours and hours to fix anything I mess up. I usually know exactly what I did wrong, and I just go right in and fix it.

Perfect example is my CAST's face that I just fixed a couple days ago. She had this thing going on with her neck that made her look like a frog. It had been that way forever and was really pissing me off. I finally had spare AC so I went in and fixed it. Took five minutes or so, maybe. Now she looks perfect (in my opinion, lol).

I think it's normal for people to be obsessive over thing like this. I mean, it's like an artist or musician or anything else like that striving over their creation. I think people who don't try or care that much are likely to be very bland and humdrum.

Excelstra
Aug 18, 2013, 07:23 AM
I am not really obsessed, but I spend a lot of time in the character creator before I really create my characters. Once they are "alive" though, I almost never delete and recreate one. ^^
Sometimes I find small flaws that can annoy me under certain conditions, but I try to work around them. Only something major would make me spend money to fix it. :yes:

I just try to love my characters and partners here how they are. Nobody is perfect afteral. ^^;

AgemFrostMage
Aug 18, 2013, 07:25 AM
To the point where I think of spending my last 500 AC on a pass to shrink a little, but not so much it's definite as I'm otherwise satisfied with it. I also think of getting two AC scratches but... too many mag ability junk to be worth the risk -_-

Zenobia
Aug 18, 2013, 07:45 AM
My only obsession is colors they have to compliment each other and a lot of the time I spend hours playing around with that more than anything also hairs also play a factor as well as the face which I pay very careful attention too.

gigawuts
Aug 18, 2013, 08:11 AM
Depends on the character.

Giga can take the punishment.

Mali is a delicate assembly of meat and it actually matters what's going on with her face.

Dragon_Knight
Aug 18, 2013, 08:41 AM
I do/did spend hours fussing over the original concept of my three characters, that demo character maker got a real workout let me tell you. Even with all the details that I HAD to get just perfect though I did settle one a pleasing design and for the most part I would only consider changing anything at all if the shop were meseta run or completely free.

The only one I would change, if I had the money for an este ticket, is my cast. I didn't realize how big her booty was (thanks glamor setting! /sarcasm) due to not being able to strip her to a human style body. So now she just looks plan strange with a human clothes set on....small-ish upper half and needs-backup-lights bottom half.

Yea Sega really needs to add a few new conditions to the shop. Lighting, poses, cast-human body option, ect. They could add a scene changer for the lighting or maybe have a small virtual room inside the salon you can go to that can change scenes, maybe have a couple of obstacles to jump on/over and one or two enemy types you can spawn to see how your character looks with weapons/attacks.

That might be a little over kill to have all I listed, but we are kinda paying a good chunk of money for a shop pass to change characters here. So at least the lighting, poses, and human-cast body switching where race appropriate. These three basic features I would prefer being available for all users since free players can only use the ticket once and maybe have my virtual salon room idea for premium users.

Shirokami
Aug 18, 2013, 08:45 AM
I'm so obsessive I can even delete the character at level 60 to fix it.

jooozek
Aug 18, 2013, 08:46 AM
if it looks like shit outside of the character creator, not my fault, so be it

Nikoshae
Aug 18, 2013, 08:47 AM
Yea Sega really needs to add a few new conditions to the shop. Lighting, poses, cast-human body option, ect. They could add a scene changer for the lighting or maybe have a small virtual room inside the salon you can go to that can change scenes, maybe have a couple of obstacles to jump on/over and one or two enemy types you can spawn to see how your character looks with weapons/attacks.

Something like this sounds like a FANTASTIC idea ... a little area where you can take a character model around and just see how s/he interacts normally.

musicmf
Aug 18, 2013, 08:52 AM
I ran the character creation city run for my first so many times to make sure everything looked right. I must have had 17+ versions with very small tweaks to the face/body.
Then I ran through with it in the last beta, and since I was content with the look I created it for the full release.

Then when Support Partners came out, I didn't create one for 1~2 weeks because I wanted to make sure I would like the creation. Eventually after making an alt account, and making a character there, I finally felt comfortable enough to make it a support character on my main.

Since I don't buy any AC, these are permanent decisions, so I have to make sure they count!

deahamlet
Aug 18, 2013, 09:17 AM
I rarely can stand to keep a character look "forever" on my main. My braver I just got her... I don't know, she's interesting enough and neutral enough in colours to just work with everything. My main started as a tall skinny force with purple hair and eyes... and then I wanted to try being shorter with black hair... and then I JUST remade her with small eyes and blonde/blue eyed.
I wish hair colour did not cost AC to change :(, just like in real life I love to change the hair colour!!!

My cast is also pretty much... win win win, I love her colours her face, etc. Maybe it's the fact that I spend so much time on my main, I have time to get ideas. I usually have 8+ characters in other games and I changed a couple of my characters completely in Tera (my priest did a race change even eep!). I just cannot stick with one thing.

I do spend a long time fussing though when I do make a major change and I save. I even fuss for 30+ minutes when making hair/costume/accessory changes.

Emp
Aug 18, 2013, 09:29 AM
I only fuss with accessories and outfits. I have yet to find the perfect arrangement yet, and Sega still fails to impress me with their AC/fun scratch updates.

Shirai
Aug 18, 2013, 09:31 AM
I kinda just work on them until I'm satisfied with an overall look which can take up to an hour to a couple of weeks...
But then after the creation and it's on my account, I end up hating the characters and always focus on every flaw when I use them. Bugs the hell out of me, but I know if I tried to fix it, I'd only make it worse, lol. I love creating characters, I guess it's an obsession somewhat. But, I hate my creations.

Dnd
Aug 18, 2013, 09:31 AM
I spent about 20 mins on nina, it got to the point I just wanted to start playing the game instead of doing small tweaks here and there - at some point I do want to get a pass and change her a lil in the future tho.

Mia on the other hand I spent about an hour, mostly due to a slightly faulty mouse on the colour selection messing it up constantly. I kinda rushed her towards the end aswell because i wanted to just play on her again, so will probably get a salon pass if i notice anything major to change on her

Enforcer MKV
Aug 18, 2013, 09:50 AM
Spent a lot of time tweaking Violet in Este, trying to get her face right....

There's a distinct possibility I'm upset that the character doesn't even look the same as she did in the CC demo.

Punisher106
Aug 18, 2013, 09:56 AM
I always made the same three characters in every PS game. My Human, well, he looked best in PSP2i with the Shizuru Replica/Gokoubaori, my newman looked his best in PSO1 because of the hat, and my CAST, well, he looked all clunky and such, which is what I want him to look like. It isn't too difficult to remake them.

Rehal
Aug 18, 2013, 10:31 AM
I think I spent 2 days tinkering with character creation for my first character...
Used a generic looks to try the game first, then after seeing all kind of accessory and costume I immediately went back to character creator :P
At first I'm just pull them sliders a little from default, soon after that I'm like *flips table* then go on a rampage of save and load. <w<

moorebounce
Aug 18, 2013, 10:50 AM
I didn't spend hours on my Characters and I'm happy with them. I do wish Sega would make more cast parts and I wish it was free to change the colors.

pkemr4
Aug 18, 2013, 10:56 AM
trying to make the perfect dark skined girl :/ (max height with red eyes and dark hair unsure if i want a ponytail or just let hair be long) someone mind showing me there to get me a good idea :3?

Shirokami
Aug 18, 2013, 11:51 AM
trying to make the perfect dark skined girl :/ (max height with red eyes and dark hair unsure if i want a ponytail or just let hair be long) someone mind showing me there to get me a good idea :3?

Like this? http://puu.sh/44R8J.jpg

Zysets
Aug 18, 2013, 02:45 PM
Phantasy star online 2? Do you mean Waifu Simulator 2013?

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 18, 2013, 02:46 PM
I only changed Cyron once

THIS SOUNDS ODDLY SIMILAR..

NoiseHERO
Aug 18, 2013, 02:49 PM
I only changed Cyron once

LIES!!!!

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 18, 2013, 02:50 PM
AC wise that is

MetalDude
Aug 18, 2013, 02:53 PM
Not that much, although as a guy character I hate most of the hairstyle choices anyways.

NoiseHERO
Aug 18, 2013, 02:53 PM
AC wise that is

I thought you changed her height like 8 times once. @_@

SakoHaruo
Aug 18, 2013, 02:56 PM
Dewman skin was tough

Afin
Aug 18, 2013, 02:59 PM
kinda. i do get fixated on little details... i'm really into customization.

i'm in the process of making over my char. altering his height to be as precise as possible among other things.. hoping for the best Q_Q (character customize screen it may look perfect, but in-game it might turn up weird Q_Q )

Zyrusticae
Aug 18, 2013, 03:51 PM
I've, uh, I've spent like $30 on AC just to re-customize my characters... and the tweaks were pretty small, at that.

I'm pretty obsessed with this stuff, yeah.

Anduril
Aug 18, 2013, 03:54 PM
I've only used a shop pass once, and that was just because Kayla's nose started to bug me over time and her arms looked kinda awkward in sleeveless outfits. Noland's arms are a bit short, but it doesn't bother me enough to make a change. I only took about 20 minutes on each when I first designed them because I had a general idea of what I wanted them to look like since they are based on my PSU and PSO1 characters.

Persephone
Aug 18, 2013, 04:06 PM
If I spend too long in the character editor, I get a 630 error (disconnection). i have learned to always save the appearance before moving on to the next step.

(Edit: that said, I spend a lot of time in the character editor.)

RadiantLegend
Aug 18, 2013, 05:08 PM
I'm just what way with my cast colors. It can take days to weeks just to come up with a combination. With my last color change, my gold ended up been mustard -_- (and killing rappies for their skin isn't that cheap for me either so I'm currently suck with mustard yellow.)

Railkune
Aug 18, 2013, 05:12 PM
Usually doesn't take me too long, but after reading through this thread I suddenly have the urge to pay closer attention to the appearance o my characters.

The Walrus
Aug 18, 2013, 05:22 PM
Don't really care much. Typically just spend 15 minutes on making one then I don't change it unless there's something really creepy about the character like the proportions being way off

Evangelion X.XX
Aug 18, 2013, 05:40 PM
Yeah... Don't really care about the intricate details or creating the"perfect" character with matching outfits, weapons, and mags. I just want to play the game.

However, I must say I'm rather obsessed about having the "perfect" matching affixes for all of my units and weapons though... and having the "perfect" skill-tree build for each class and play-style.

Zenobia
Aug 18, 2013, 07:52 PM

Something like this but im sure you don't want the muscles though this my character Female Human.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/825t8Tp.jpg (http://imgur.com/825t8Tp)[/SPOILER-BOX]

THIS SOUNDS ODDLY SIMILAR..

DONT EVEN! Yeah Cyron you.

Blundy
Aug 18, 2013, 08:12 PM
I probably wouldn't have made it to level 5 if it wasn't for the beauty shop. I like to change hairstyles. I also have an extreme hatred for clipping so i shuffle things around from outfit to outfit.

Vashyron
Aug 19, 2013, 12:46 AM
Man, I spend a fair bit of time on any game with aesthetic customization. Be it Characters, Mechs, Cars, etc. I just find it fun in it self doing it.... but that said it's not something that will make me stick around in a game, it a nice bonus.

In PSO2, I pretty much spent hours on creating my 4 characters, most of the time going on the facial features (except Male cast due to head part.) To the extent of what's possible in this game, I'm happy with all of them.

Like my Male Cast looks terrible in fleshie clothing, but all I intend to use on him is Parts which I designed him in mind with.
Another thing would be that how clip happy Sega is with Hairs + Hats (to extent clothing too), PSU even edited hair to fit inside hats and such.

supersonix9
Aug 19, 2013, 12:57 AM
no i don't care about fashion

SakuRei
Aug 19, 2013, 01:01 AM
Well, as for all MMORPG type of games, yes I mostly spend hours and hours to create what my character would be like. Sadly though, PSO2 has character limitations from all of the saved character files that I want to make (each of them already has a name and purpose of their story in-game. xD). Character creation is fun, what adds to the extra hour is "Thinking of a Character's Name" xD :-P

Zysets
Aug 19, 2013, 01:09 AM
what adds to the extra hour is "Thinking of a Character's Name"

I found myself taking longer to come up with a name in PSO with all the Sector ID things, PSO2 I just use the names I regularly use.

blace
Aug 19, 2013, 01:10 AM
I can whip up a decent looking character in about 10-20 minutes, what with PSO2's large customization options. Names can take me ages.

AlaskanKactus
Aug 19, 2013, 01:11 AM
Oh yeah, I spent a good hour or two in the character creator in order to create my main. Same with my secondary except he doesn't have several different costumes so I didn't have to worry about colors and accessories all that much.

I've never bought AC but I want to get a Salon pass so that I can slightly change my main's skin tone. Just a tiny bit xD

Oh and when my internet randomly goes down sometimes for a few hours, I'm in the Character Creator demo :)

Korazenn
Aug 19, 2013, 01:51 AM
Very obsessed. There's a type of 'zenn' (sorry...bad pun on my name :-P) I get from making new characters in all Phantasy Star games. I can't quite describe it because I'm always bored by other RPGs that call for character creation.

I just haven't ever used something as cleverly intuitive as Phantasy Star Online 2's implementation of a Character Creator. The closest was the original Phantasy Star Online, for me (even though it's dated, the creator for the original PSO still holds up even today).

I'm currently making my new character as I type this. She's going to be as modern a representation as I can make of Alis Landale. ^^

Hopefully, having her represent one of my favorite Phantasy Star characters and such an iconic heroine in the franchise will entice me to ACTUALLY grind and focus on leveling her up this time! (I suffer from post-creation recreation disorder for almost all PS games.)

Chik'Tikka
Aug 19, 2013, 03:06 AM
hours and hours on Mary's face alone, but she's a cast, so i couldn't get her height and some of her proportions quite right, next time i can get AC imma fix that, anyway, still so obsessed i haven't even finished making a second character or 1 partner machine+^_^+

Darki
Aug 19, 2013, 03:39 AM
First time I made my char I didn't like some things, so I spent AC on a ticket, but now I really like her apperance.

In case of the clothing, I'm kinda onsessed with this current set I wear, and somewhow nothing else appeals to me, so I don't really spend too much time in the makeover room anymore. I mostly buy clothes and cosmetics for collection purposes, in case I decide I wanna change looks.

Freshellent
Aug 19, 2013, 07:50 AM
I spent a sickening amount of time yesterday in the shop adjusting my CASTs colors. I even took breaks, coming back to it repeatedly. Gold is a funny color in games, it sometimes comes off as nasty brown or an ugly shade of yellow. You have to hit it just right. I'll post up pictures later but yes, Niko- you aren't alone here. Everyone is just about that level of crazy when it comes to customization.

I spent a lot of time adjusting his proportions so that certain parts would fit him a very specific way. For the most part, I'm pretty satisfied, so long as I don't suddenly go back on everything I love and go with fleshy outfits.

gigawuts
Aug 19, 2013, 08:44 AM
I spent a sickening amount of time yesterday in the shop adjusting my CASTs colors. I even took breaks, coming back to it repeatedly. Gold is a funny color in games, it sometimes comes off as nasty brown or an ugly shade of yellow. You have to hit it just right. I'll post up pictures later but yes, Niko- you aren't alone here. Everyone is just about that level of crazy when it comes to customization.

I spent a lot of time adjusting his proportions so that certain parts would fit him a very specific way. For the most part, I'm pretty satisfied, so long as I don't suddenly go back on everything I love and go with fleshy outfits.

I find that what makes gold look good in games isn't just the one color, but a second, slightly different color to give it that semi-reflective look. You could pick two very not-gold colors, but if one is a bit too dark and one is a bit too bright you can still get the desired effect.

VANNO
Aug 19, 2013, 09:16 AM
I didn't spend much time on my main. Like 5-10 Min or so each change(5 total). I think total it would be like an hour, even a little less. I used AC once to redo the whole look in March or April.

Since PSO2 has almost nothing to do I decided to create another character. My 2nd character took a lot longer. About 10 min still on the base, but the colors... Cast colors... That took me about an hour. Even now I can't stand the colors so she's always in human clothing. I notice recently that I've been spending a lot of time in the Salon redoing her, but haven't paid for the change yet. I honestly don't know why I spent so much time perfecting her when all she is is another storage. If only there was something better to do in this game ._.

Simperheve
Aug 19, 2013, 10:15 AM
I managed to get my character just how i liked him the first time round. Only thing i've really changed is his costume (which cost me about 105k meseta, but oh well). But i generally go for the same character template from game to game, so i know what i want in a character.

Alucard V
Aug 19, 2013, 10:47 AM
I was on the Character Creator demo a lot before the game came out.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 19, 2013, 10:55 AM

yes it is, Mary's tertiary color looks more like an Old Gold (RGB 207, 181, 59), the color i was trying for was Metallic Gold (RGB 212, 175, 55) +^_^+ it's unbelievable how different such similar values can look, and another reason i wish, for color selection any, we could choose RGB values somehow+^_^+

pkemr4
Aug 19, 2013, 10:57 AM
i wish the game would let you change your characters Race.... i want to change my male cast to male dewman.. and have him look like this: http://i.imgur.com/WXgBnbw.jpg

Edit: also yea Cryon i saw your sig and wanted to make my pso2 char look like her o3o

Zysets
Aug 19, 2013, 10:59 AM
I was on the Character Creator demo a lot before the game came out.

Yes, me too. I pretty much worked on the character creator benchmark/demo all the time, and just saved my character, and used that one in the actual game.

Shirokami
Aug 19, 2013, 11:42 AM
i wish the game would let you change your characters Race.... i want to change my male cast to male dewman.. and have him look like this: http://i.imgur.com/WXgBnbw.jpg

Edit: also yea Cryon i saw your sig and wanted to make my pso2 char look like her o3o

Oh, is that Megaten?
Anyways... that character is pretty cool, at least for what a 14 years old finds cool, like... that new Dante from that new Devil May Cry.

Also... going from Cast masterrace to duduman? You make me siiiiiiiick

Jei182
Aug 19, 2013, 12:32 PM
I am moreso with my cast than anything else. I believe I finally settled on a look and costume after spending so much meseta on it, on my dewman braver at least. I have the light green zamlord which matches with my Dewman's dark green hair and I used the Ten Gallon (the one that changes color with the suit) Hat coupled with the Pirate Bandana. It doesn't clip so it looks just right. The only thing is I lack is a weapon that matches.

With casts it's harder because you can do so much with the colors. After getting a 3 day shop pass (upon creating my latest colors) and using a lot of tickets I am still considering using my extra character slot to redo the colors again. I really think they should let casts get more flexibility as far as color rechanges etc after they are made. Since I can't decide on a color I might just not at all. It's that bad with me.

yoshiblue
Aug 19, 2013, 12:55 PM
I'm a one shot kinda dood. Take some time on the CC and you get an idea of what your looking for. Like art, touching it again would risk making it worse. Have yet to get criticism so there is nothing for me to fix.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 19, 2013, 01:25 PM
Oh
[SPOILER-BOX]http://31.media.tumblr.com/fad7678fb1084e090bc64ccafa0b33b4/tumblr_mrjegbUqXX1s8erreo3_1280.png
But I already did that..[/SPOILER-BOX]

Nikoshae
Aug 19, 2013, 01:33 PM
It pleases me to know I'm not the only one obsessive over what their character looks like.

I'm done tweaking my new character, Qoda, at least as far as body shape and such goes. I love his face, and love his hair colour and such. Anything else would probably be accessories. It just thrills me that I actually have a character that can wear NORMAL (well, normal for PSO) clothing.

Okay, it also thrills me that I have a character that can wear the new thongs board shorts with pride.

Aeris
Aug 19, 2013, 01:49 PM

Been a long time since i heard color hex lol.

I had to redo my neweral once for quite a bit of things on her and everything on my caseal since she looked horrible in human outfits so only redone the body models on them just once and i stay set for it for a while until i fell like changing something later on down the line.

Excelstra
Aug 19, 2013, 02:32 PM
Oh yeah, I spent a good hour or two in the character creator in order to create my main. Same with my secondary except he doesn't have several different costumes so I didn't have to worry about colors and accessories all that much.

I've never bought AC but I want to get a Salon pass so that I can slightly change my main's skin tone. Just a tiny bit xD

Oh and when my internet randomly goes down sometimes for a few hours, I'm in the Character Creator demo :)

I have probably spent a few hours more than that on my caseal and at least two hours on my newearl alt. Both were created with the character creator and in several sessions tweaked.
Before I gave them life, I adjusted small things again and saved them. Then when I was finally ingame, I was happy enough with the results and kept playing. ^^

My caseal probably got the most attention, since I was just making her to have a base or import for when PSO 2 comes out in EU/US. Then when I decided to play the japanese one instead of waiting for a unconfirmed release, I tweaked her appearance even more. ^^;

So the intial creation can take quite a lot of my time and I want to feel satisfied with the looks, but past that I mostly use parts, costumes, some accessories really. Like mentioned before, I would only consider deletion and recreation in some very extreme cases. :argh:

I could see myself changing a few minor things on my newearl, but with my caseal I am perfectly happy, except for the fact that I am still missing tons of parts and headpieces that I would like to have. She doesn't look that great in fleshy clothing, but I am not using those really and prefer parts really. I have my alt for the clothes. :)

BIG OLAF
Aug 19, 2013, 03:53 PM
It pleases me to know I'm not the only one obsessive over what their character looks like.

I'm done tweaking my new character, Qoda, at least as far as body shape and such goes. I love his face, and love his hair colour and such. Anything else would probably be accessories. It just thrills me that I actually have a character that can wear NORMAL (well, normal for PSO) clothing.

Okay, it also thrills me that I have a character that can wear the new thongs board shorts with pride.

I should take a couple pictures of him and send them to you so you can have non-Watercolor Mode images of his studly Niko-level normal speedo body to look at.

MoronSonOfBoron
Aug 19, 2013, 04:09 PM
Cast have strange proportion translations when it comes to universal costumes, so I'm SOL there.

If anything I'm miffed only by the exorbitant fees one incurs for a simple boobjob.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 19, 2013, 04:12 PM
Cast do not have boobs

They're photon containers

Chik'Tikka
Aug 19, 2013, 04:14 PM
Cast do not have boobs

They're photon containers

so then... Caseals with smaller.... "photon containers".... have a harder time keeping their PP up? +^_^+

Nikoshae
Aug 19, 2013, 04:44 PM
I should take a couple pictures of him and send them to you so you can have non-Watercolor Mode images of his studly Niko-level normal speedo body to look at.

wut >.>