PDA

View Full Version : Holy~

Korazenn
Aug 18, 2013, 03:57 PM
Somebody...any of the mods. Please get rid of the spam in this forum. o_o

MetalDude
Aug 18, 2013, 03:58 PM
Don't think I've seen it this bad before, holy shit.

System-Id
Aug 18, 2013, 04:00 PM
:eek::-?:-(

yoshiblue
Aug 18, 2013, 04:01 PM
Eventually!

Also,

Welcome to PSOW!
May your stay be rather interesting.
Hope you make a friend or two!

In the mean time, any questions can be asked here. Quick Questions for Quick Answers: The Thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195866). For people who still seek a team, give this thread a go. The PSOW Team Thread! (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201629&highlight=psow+team)

~Yoshiblue of FEZ's one man welcoming committee~

DoubleCannon
Aug 18, 2013, 04:05 PM
WE ARE DOOMED BLOCK 20 SHIP 2 HAS MADE ITS WAY TO PSOWORLD! ~jokes lol

Shirai
Aug 18, 2013, 04:05 PM
It's great spanish and Italian lessons!

I've actually been reading some to see if I can translate the descriptions from spanish to english for the hell of it. ._.

Korazenn
Aug 18, 2013, 04:17 PM
Seriously, though.

This forum needs a) all of the spam accounts banned permanently, b) all posts created by those user accounts that are spamming deleted, and c) some type of explanation for all of this. XD

strikerhunter
Aug 18, 2013, 04:20 PM
The spammer simply has no life. Seriously though, even if the accounts gets banned or thread gets deleted, it the no lifer wants to continue the continue his act of idiocy and will just make another account.

BIG OLAF
Aug 18, 2013, 04:23 PM
This is why we need more than...like...two active mods.

Let's get widdit, Ryna/Tomee.

~Aya~
Aug 18, 2013, 04:25 PM
This is why we need more than...like...two active mods.

Let's get widdit, Ryna/Tomee.

Ryna.... will.. feast on your soouuulll~ /flashlight in face

The Walrus
Aug 18, 2013, 04:27 PM
Good ol bots

RedRaz0r
Aug 18, 2013, 04:28 PM
The spammer simply has no life. Seriously though, even if the accounts gets banned or thread gets deleted, it the no lifer wants to continue the continue his act of idiocy and will just make another account.

The spammer simply is a bot, that browses the web for forums to spam on. No human control whatsoever. So yeah you're right, its literally lifeless.

UnLucky
Aug 18, 2013, 04:30 PM
Seriously, though.

This forum needs a) all of the spam accounts banned permanently, b) all posts created by those user accounts that are spamming deleted, and c) some type of explanation for all of this. XD
You really don't think they ban spammers?

Bans can be circumvented.

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 18, 2013, 04:34 PM
Cyron for early bird mod
-Banned-

Korazenn
Aug 18, 2013, 04:37 PM
You really don't think they ban spammers?

Bans can be circumvented.

I'm sure there are ways to execute bans that are even worse than user account/IP bans.

When I used to moderate a forum a few years back, we had several different courses of action we could take depending on our mod privileges (edit: I should add it was a forum that was powered by vBulletin). Normal mods usually can't execute IP bans by default, though. They can only ban by user account. x:

Maybe this forum needs a Japanese Captcha Boss? lol XD

UnLucky
Aug 18, 2013, 04:40 PM
You can even work around a MAC address ban, I'm not sure what you could realistically do without banning large ranges including legitimate users.

AgemFrostMage
Aug 18, 2013, 04:42 PM
I'm sure there are ways to execute bans that are even worse than user account/IP bans.

When I used to moderate a forum a few years back, we had several different courses of action we could take depending on our mod privileges (edit: I should add it was a forum that was powered by vBulletin). Normal mods usually can't execute IP bans by default, though. They can only ban by user account. x:

Maybe this forum needs a Japanese Captcha Boss? lol XD

Like hardware ID ban?

Sp-24
Aug 18, 2013, 04:44 PM
You can even work around a MAC address ban, I'm not sure what you could realistically do without banning large ranges including legitimate users.
Yeah, barely anything can be done about a well-made bot, short of an unreadable captcha verification before every single post.

Xaeris
Aug 18, 2013, 04:46 PM
I don't hold it against the site that so many bots pop up, but we could stand to have a few more moderators so we don't have to swim in bot posts for any extended length of time.

Sp-24
Aug 18, 2013, 04:48 PM
Well, I volunteer.

Zorafim
Aug 18, 2013, 04:48 PM
Wow, the spam's still up? The Fan Works section's already cleaned out.

UnLucky
Aug 18, 2013, 04:49 PM
Well, I volunteer.

Anyone who volunteers isn't suitable as a mod

Them's the rules, I didn't make 'em

genjen
Aug 18, 2013, 04:49 PM
not only is it still up, theyre still posting

Cyron Tanryoku
Aug 18, 2013, 04:50 PM
who reads rules

Shirai
Aug 18, 2013, 04:58 PM
It's cleaned! HUZZAH
Thank you mods!

AgemFrostMage
Aug 18, 2013, 05:07 PM
Wootsies! ^_^

Zorafim
Aug 18, 2013, 05:36 PM
Praise be to the lord mods, saviors of the forums!

Enforcer MKV
Aug 18, 2013, 06:04 PM
Huh, I didn't realize there was a thread about this, probably got buried, ha.

But yes, in all seriousness, it would definitely be a good idea to appoint a few more mods. Even if only one or two more were chosen, it'd be helpful, seeing as it seems like we don't have enough at the current time.

Sayara
Aug 18, 2013, 06:10 PM
The one day I visit the farmlands.... anyway thanks for your patience!