PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Emotes/keystrokes on a controller?

Zida
Aug 21, 2013, 05:29 PM
I'm trying to find a way to either emulate a keystroke on my controller or to bind emotes to my gamepad. As a vet PSO player, I absolutely love the controller's tight controls as opposed to KB/M; however, I really want to be able to quickstep (using emote canceling) without having to have one hand on the keyboard.

I've tried joy2key, and I absolutely cannot get it to work (I assume due to GameGuard). I haven't tried XPadder, and I don't want to purchase it unless I 100% know it will work for me and there is no other option. I've also scoured the controller options within the game time and time again to find a solution, to no avail.

Has anyone managed to find a solution. If you haven't, do you have any good ideas (perhaps ones that have worked in the past with GameGuard protected games)?

Thanks,

Zetta of Ship 10

gigawuts
Aug 21, 2013, 05:42 PM
Try running joy2key as an admin, before you open PSO2.

Zida
Aug 21, 2013, 05:49 PM
Try running joy2key as an admin, before you open PSO2.

Tried it again just for peace of mind. No dice. :-? Thanks though!

I might be stuck reaching down at my custom hotkeys on my keyboard with my pinky while holding my controller. I frequently play fighting games on a fightstick, so this is certainly not the worst position I've forced my hands in while playing games. :-P

gigawuts
Aug 21, 2013, 05:51 PM
Hm, strange. I've heard of different things stopping it from working, but running it as an admin usually fixes it. I do know other people needed to do other things and they DID get it working, but I don't know what those other things are. Hopefully someone else can show up and help you out more than I could.

Zida
Aug 21, 2013, 05:55 PM
Additional information: I'm running DS3 tool in Xbox 360 emulation mode, meaning both my computer and PSO2 see a 360 controller.