PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Missing Character Textures?

wiriamukun74
Aug 21, 2013, 06:32 PM
When i logged in.. (My first time) *I was very excited to play because I just registered a couple days ago and updated finished yesterday, I do not know why. The Character Textures are missing. I checked the files with the launcher and Still cannot see the characters, Including NPCs. I also attached a picture, that shows that I still see the Character Ability Info *i think* And then no character in the middle? It's making me sad and also kind of mad that after a long time installing and updating. The game doesn't behave correctly, Anyone know how to fix this problem? The missing textures for characters? (no picture for NPCs) but NPC characters are also somehow invisble AKA Still fighting and blasting but is a missing texture.

Korazenn
Aug 21, 2013, 07:50 PM
You are missing necessary files in your JP install. This usually happens when you end the installation process mid-way. To correct this issue, follow these steps to set yourself up with all of the files and essentials that you need:

Download Tweaker: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248
When finished with that download, go into the Orb Menu and select your PSO2 win32 folder.
Go into the Orb Menu again and click on Check for PSO2 Updates (if Tweaker didn't already prompt you to update and find your win32 folder from the get-go).
Select No. Wait for the updates to finish installing.
After the install, go back into the Orb Menu > Install/Update Patches > English Patch/English Large Files/English Story Patch (as needed) and enable the 'Translate Items' option if not done already.
Launch PSO2.

wiriamukun74
Aug 21, 2013, 08:14 PM
I'm sure i will get the hang of it, I'm trying to fix the problem with the missing character texturesMr Korazenn

wiriamukun74
Aug 21, 2013, 08:22 PM
And also. I don't know how to use the tweaker. Can you show detailed steps?

Korazenn
Aug 21, 2013, 09:40 PM
And also. I don't know how to use the tweaker. Can you show detailed steps?

The thread I linked to you shows the detailed information about what Tweaker is and what it is used for. It's not only for translation—which is a common misconception—it is also another way to update and launch PSO2 JP.

If you follow the installation instructions on that thread you will be able to get setup with Tweaker and have it scan to make sure you have all vanilla JP files in your PSO2 win32 folder. If it finds any missing, it will restore those—hence why I linked it to you for download. Use it to restore the missing character models, then go back to the PSO2 JP launcher if you feel that you no longer want to use Tweaker.

However, for future maintenance updates that are performed regularly by SEGA JP once a week, it just makes your life much easier when it comes to updating PSO2 to do it through Tweaker. That's my personal recommendation, anyways.

wiriamukun74
Aug 21, 2013, 10:20 PM
Ok thanks. I will try to find how to download the remaining files that has not been downloaded. I was told and noticed that translating the game might result in a ban, in the game itself.

Korazenn
Aug 21, 2013, 11:09 PM
Ok thanks. I will try to find how to download the remaining files that has not been downloaded. I was told and noticed that translating the game might result in a ban, in the game itself.

Fact: Translating the game is no riskier than playing the game from a foreign country.

wiriamukun74
Aug 21, 2013, 11:10 PM
I still can't get the missing textures to come back. I am really confused. What do i need to do specify the steps? I don't get how to update it on the Tweaker. And because of the possible ban, I need confirmed way of getting back the missing textures, I do not want to screw up and get banned for something i didn't want to do.

Korazenn
Aug 21, 2013, 11:12 PM
I still can't get the missing textures to come back. I am really confused. What do i need to do specify the steps? I don't get how to update it on the Tweaker. And because of the possible ban, I need confirmed way of getting back the missing textures, I do not want to screw up and get banned for something i didn't want to do.

You have Tweaker installed, right? Is it reading ver. 2.5.3.5?

If so, proceed with Step 2-6:

When finished with that download, go into the Orb Menu and select your PSO2 win32 folder.
Go into the Orb Menu again and click on Check for PSO2 Updates (if Tweaker didn't already prompt you to update and find your win32 folder from the get-go).
Select No. Wait for the updates to finish installing.
After the install, go back into the Orb Menu > Install/Update Patches > English Patch/English Large Files/English Story Patch (as needed) and enable the 'Translate Items' option if not done already.
Launch PSO2.

wiriamukun74
Aug 21, 2013, 11:34 PM
Ok press the orb. (i did) link it to the win32 folder, I did that already, And then check updates, It says Do you have the latest version?, I pressed NO. and then it starts checking the files. And should be done? Without the translations needed.

Chik'Tikka
Aug 22, 2013, 12:05 AM
it should be, try getting on again, if that didn't work it's possible that you have a corrupted file that the tweaker cannot detect and thinks is fine+^_^+ it happens from time to time, dropped packets and whatnot+^_^+ since you don't know which file, uninstall and re-download the the game (don't use same installer), though this time i suggest the EN setup torrent from arks layer, it should come pre-patched almost all the way, and download as fast as torrents download for you+^_^+

wiriamukun74
Aug 22, 2013, 06:01 PM
Sorry for using your time. I'm pretty beginner with these type of stuff. So I don't think I'll need translations. But how do i add updates into it?

Korazenn
Aug 22, 2013, 06:18 PM
Sorry for using your time. I'm pretty beginner with these type of stuff. So I don't think I'll need translations. But how do i add updates into it?

Not a problem.

Open PSO2 Tweaker > Orb Menu > Check for PSO2 Updates > No.

wiriamukun74
Aug 22, 2013, 07:45 PM
I just did. now its checking files. What do i need to do after checking files?

pkemr4
Aug 22, 2013, 07:55 PM
it could be your graphics card doesnt have the latest drivers.

wiriamukun74
Aug 22, 2013, 07:58 PM
No my computer exceeds the minimal requirements by alot.

wiriamukun74
Aug 22, 2013, 10:19 PM
also why is the tweaker update stuck at 15%?

Korazenn
Aug 22, 2013, 11:46 PM
also why is the tweaker update stuck at 15%?

Happens sometimes.

Quit out of Tweaker then restart the update process again. It'll pick up where you left off. :)

wiriamukun74
Aug 23, 2013, 10:57 AM
Just like the JP PSO2 Updater? Since i had to do the same thing with the original pso2 launcher too...

Korazenn
Aug 23, 2013, 11:22 AM
Just like the JP PSO2 Updater? Since i had to do the same thing with the original pso2 launcher too...

Yeah, Tweaker saves your progress just like the original launcher, so you shouldn't have a problem with rebooting Tweaker and just running the update again. It always checks through all of your files to ensure that they are all running the latest vanilla JP content. ^^

wiriamukun74
Aug 23, 2013, 05:37 PM
Ok then. I guess It needs to check the files then updates it right? And do i need to press Apply Changes?

Korazenn
Aug 23, 2013, 06:52 PM
Ok then. I guess It needs to check the files then updates it right? And do i need to press Apply Changes?

'Apply Changes' is for the opening videos that you have the choice of removing by ticking their checkboxes. The updater will check the files and then automatically add in the new vanilla JP files. You have the choice of using English patches if you want to afterwards. :)

wiriamukun74
Aug 23, 2013, 06:55 PM
Sooo. I'm done?

wiriamukun74
Aug 23, 2013, 06:56 PM
Wait i opened PSO2 and it's still the same O.O what???

wiriamukun74
Aug 23, 2013, 06:57 PM
oh and also the version tweaker is 2.5.3.6

Korazenn
Aug 23, 2013, 07:00 PM
Wait i opened PSO2 and it's still the same O.O what???

Did you let Tweaker finish updating? o.O

Try using the lowest graphical settings and tinkering with the 'PSO2 Options' area of the Orb Menu in Tweaker to get PSO2 as low-res as possibly can be. Then, load back up PSO2 and see if that does anything.

I'm honestly not sure why this wouldn't have worked if you did let all the files finish downloading and installing. Are you sure that 'every' file was installed properly?

Aeris
Aug 23, 2013, 07:54 PM
it could be your graphics card doesnt have the latest drivers.

No my computer exceeds the minimal requirements by alot.

He/she ment your video drivers, not your hardware, so whats the name of your graphics card atm?

Korazenn
Aug 23, 2013, 10:25 PM
He/she ment your video drivers, not your hardware, so whats the name of your graphics card atm?

I'll provide an example for wiriamukun74: I use the Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 Series for my computer at the moment. It doesn't matter how much RAM you have; if you don't have a decent graphics card, you can't run PSO2 at max settings.

Try lowering your settings to the bare minimum as I mentioned earlier, wiriamukun74.

Hope that helps~

Skyly HUmar
Aug 24, 2013, 01:44 AM
I'll provide an example for wiriamukun74: I use the Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 Series for my computer at the moment. It doesn't matter how much RAM you have; if you don't have a decent graphics card, you can't run PSO2 at max settings.

Try lowering your settings to the bare minimum as I mentioned earlier, wiriamukun74.

Hope that helps~

Actually bud, can you help me out with my graphics card? Ive been able to play pso2 just fine on low settings and high resolution since the start, but ive never been able to put in standard shaders, is the ATI mobility radeon hd 3650 just incapable of running them?

wiriamukun74
Aug 24, 2013, 11:26 AM
the game now works perfectly! i turned to lowest settings and it works. But i know i have pretty good hardware to make it run better.

Korazenn
Aug 24, 2013, 11:45 AM
Actually bud, can you help me out with my graphics card? Ive been able to play pso2 just fine on low settings and high resolution since the start, but ive never been able to put in standard shaders, is the ATI mobility radeon hd 3650 just incapable of running them?

Couldn't say for sure as I'm not the guy to ask for when it comes to PC specs. I'm more of a software wiz than hardware. ^^;

I will say, though, that from past experiences I've had with ATI, their graphics cards are usually bogged down by comparison to Nvidia. Nvidia or AMD are pretty much the ways to go if you are into PC gaming. Though, I use Nvidia because I've had the best experiences with them.

Phantasy Star Online 2 is also made to run better on Nvidia graphic cards than any other type out there. That's why sometimes you see people with good builds for their PC still unable to set their shader settings on high or why their framerate suddenly drops. I get a solid 60 FPS on basically any game that I play on my PC at max settings—PSO2 included. If you are looking for a cheap, yet powerful graphics card, the Nvidia GeForce GTX 6xx series is the way to go (I'd personally recommend you settle with a 670 like I do if you have the space in your motherboard for it).

the game now works perfectly! i turned to lowest settings and it works. But i know i have pretty good hardware to make it run better.

As said, it's not how much RAM you have that matters, it's the type of graphics card you have installed in your computer.

Arrow
Aug 24, 2013, 11:50 AM
As said, it's not how much RAM you have that matters, it's the type of graphics card you have installed in your computer.

What's bizarre is that it must be one horrid graphics card he's using as I can run PSO2 on integrated at high with only an annoyingly large dip in FPS.

Korazenn
Aug 24, 2013, 11:59 AM
What's bizarre is that it must be one horrid graphics card he's using as I can run PSO2 on integrated at high with only an annoyingly large dip in FPS.

It must be an out-of-the-box, store-bought PC that he is using at the moment.

Most of your average PCs (PCs available in the $800-900 range) out there don't come with the motherboard space, graphics card, or other essentials for PC gaming unless you build your own or customize your purchase like with certain sites such as ibuypower.com.

I'm guessing that he is using one bought from a store such as Best Buy or Tiger Direct.

Arrow
Aug 24, 2013, 12:06 PM
It must be an out-of-the-box, store-bought PC that he is using at the moment.

Most of your average PCs (PCs available in the $800-900 range) out there don't come with the motherboard space, graphics card, or other essentials for PC gaming unless you build your own or customize your purchase like with certain sites such as ibuypower.com.

I'm guessing that he is using one bought from a store such as Best Buy or Tiger Direct.

eh...my integrated graphics computer is one bought outta da box so...it's gotta be even worse off...

Now I've ran PSO2 officially with a computer that has dedicated and integrated.
What's bizarre is that for me the only difference is the FPS.

Actually according to his current GPU, it would be a laptop.
Not really much you can do there unless you dish out tons of extra money for a gaming one.
(Which I don't recommend at all)

Yes. Gaming Machine...it's almost necessary for it to be desktop or else prepare for overheat issues unless you got some sorta beefed up laptop that weighs around ten pound and has a battery life of 2 seconds.
inb4 ppl take my exaggerated 10lb thing seriously

Skyly HUmar
Aug 24, 2013, 12:10 PM
Couldn't say for sure as I'm not the guy to ask for when it comes to PC specs. I'm more of a software wiz than hardware. ^^;

I will say, though, that from past experiences I've had with ATI, their graphics cards are usually bogged down by comparison to Nvidia. Nvidia or AMD are pretty much the ways to go if you are into PC gaming. Though, I use Nvidia because I've had the best experiences with them.

Phantasy Star Online 2 is also made to run better on Nvidia graphic cards than any other type out there. That's why sometimes you see people with good builds for their PC still unable to set their shader settings on high or why their framerate suddenly drops. I get a solid 60 FPS on basically any game that I play on my PC at max settings—PSO2 included. If you are looking for a cheap, yet powerful graphics card, the Nvidia GeForce GTX 6xx series is the way to go (I'd personally recommend you settle with a 670 like I do if you have the space in your motherboard for it).

Thanks man

Link1275
Aug 24, 2013, 12:33 PM
Set the slider up a ways and keep the shaders on simple.

wiriamukun74
Aug 24, 2013, 03:33 PM
I built mine around 1500$ but over the last 5 years. I've been upgrading it from month to month, putting in more expensive and powerful parts. Right now my apox value of the computer is over 3000$, High spec PC

Korazenn
Aug 24, 2013, 06:00 PM
I built mine around 1500$ but over the last 5 years. I've been upgrading it from month to month, putting in more expensive and powerful parts. Right now my apox value of the computer is over 3000$, High spec PC

Well, I'm just glad to see that you got it working~ :D

Tinker around with the settings to your liking and see what suits you best. If you're playing on a laptop, I'd recommend keeping shaders on simple settings.

See you around~

Aeris
Aug 25, 2013, 08:53 PM
Yes. Gaming Machine...it's almost necessary for it to be desktop or else prepare for overheat issues unless you got some sorta beefed up laptop that weighs around ten pound and has a battery life of 2 seconds.
inb4 ppl take my exaggerated 10lb thing seriously

Not really, it depends on how the cooling system is made under it, some have a fan for the cpu and gpu now.