PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth restarting?

unicorn
Aug 22, 2013, 01:14 AM
I havent played in like over a year, and I wasnt thoroughly impressed by the game then. But now I'm missing PSO/U and the US version is taking ages so.... is it worth starting all over again? I wouldnt want to continue raising my previous character because...eh, not feeling it.

I heard about Dewmans being in it now, are they available in character creation? Or is that something you have to unlock? o_O

Korazenn
Aug 22, 2013, 01:20 AM
I havent played in like over a year, and I wasnt thoroughly impressed by the game then. But now I'm missing PSO/U and the US version is taking ages so.... is it worth starting all over again? I wouldnt want to continue raising my previous character because...eh, not feeling it.

I heard about Dewmans being in it now, are they available in character creation? Or is that something you have to unlock? o_O

Deumans are available by default as one of the four races to choose from in the Character Creator.

I would say it is definitely the perfect time to start over again. The community is vast, and we're in the midst of a Triple Boost Event, so you can get your bearings much faster within the coming week. If you are interested in English translations for the game, or just want a better launcher for it than the normal SEGA JP one, you can download PSO2 Tweaker here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248

Hope to see you around~ ^^

The Walrus
Aug 22, 2013, 01:20 AM
They're available normally.

Shadowth117
Aug 22, 2013, 01:21 AM
By the way, if you still have your old account, all accounts now have 2 character slots. So if you had anything worthwhile, you can start with what you had.

Renette
Aug 22, 2013, 04:14 AM
Well, Client Order quests are nerfed down and it's a bit easier to level. Getting a Mag just takes one Fangfur meat, now. And unlocking new areas doesn't require an S-Rank in each area Koffee sends you to. Just run and get to the third area.

Ever since Episode 2 released, the game wants us to get there as fast as we can. So, don't worry too much about grinding levels.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 22, 2013, 04:16 AM
Depends on how much you feel like grinding. You like grinding? And dress up? Then get to it!

IzzyData
Aug 22, 2013, 04:27 AM
By the way, if you still have your old account, all accounts now have 2 character slots. So if you had anything worthwhile, you can start with what you had.

This is a good point. If you play on the same ship you can start a new char for free and have shared storage without getting rid of your old character.

Assuming you have adequate free time it wouldn't take more than 4-5 days to get back to level 40 if you catch a good number of emergency quests.

XionAsuka
Aug 22, 2013, 04:40 AM
Yeah, I can definitely vouch for being able to restart and catch up leveling quick. Deleted and remade my old main (Was only level 49, so eh), and i'm moving at a pretty comfortable pace. Plus with later areas getting Normal modes to them now for lower levels to experience sooner, it's been pretty fun.

I find myself going to the Sanctum alot. Dat music.

Blundy
Aug 22, 2013, 06:25 AM
koffie quests literally dunk levels into you as long as you arn't class hopping. you'll be on the front lines in no time.

Rexob
Aug 22, 2013, 07:14 AM
I was on the fence about starting, but honestly, even if they do launch in the US - the game will probably NEVER make it to Ep2 like the JP version. PSU the US support was over a year behind...no reason to even bother. With all of the work some members have put into translations, I forget sometimes the game is in another language.

I'm getting ready to turn off the translations though mostly, b/c I've learned everything now without having to see then English.

Korazenn
Aug 22, 2013, 09:19 AM
Depends on how much you feel like grinding. You like grinding? And dress up? Then get to it!

You mean like every other Phantasy Star game ever?

In my opinion, grinding is what makes this game fun. It's just that the rare drop rates are atrocious for the time being; hence why I stated earlier that now would be the best time to join due to the Triple Boost Event we have coming up on Sunday (11:00 AM EDT, to be exact).

This is a good point. If you play on the same ship you can start a new char for free and have shared storage without getting rid of your old character.

Assuming you have adequate free time it wouldn't take more than 4-5 days to get back to level 40 if you catch a good number of emergency quests.

Not how it works. You can only have two characters per account if it is an older account. Newer accounts can take advantage of a character creation 'exploit' to have three characters for free, but this privilege is lost automatically when somebody with this advantage deletes one of their free character slots.

To create a new character, one of unicorn's current characters would either need to be deleted or more funds would need to be added to the account (I believe it is 350 AC to make each new character, but I could be mistaken there). I would suggest to unicorn, personally, that the character on a ship other than Ship 2 should be deleted (hopefully, the Ship 2 one is their main), then go ahead and create your second character on Ship 2 so you can share the same storage. Gives you a good early boost into the game.

koffie quests literally dunk levels into you as long as you arn't class hopping. you'll be on the front lines in no time.

Definitely.

Focus on one class at-a-time, if possible. If you plan on making a sub-class that isn't from your same main-class, still focus on your main character first and don't switch classes until you are ready to start grinding (i.e. find enough 1 S-ATK/R-ATK/T-ATK 7* equips to start you out easily and take advantage of the PA/Technique Disc exploit that allows you to learn all of your PAs and Techniques for other classes with your main class stats).

Koffie and Echo (Azanami as well if you are a Braver) give you a huge head-start into the game. By the time you finish Forest, you should be ~Lv. 13-16 easily.

I was on the fence about starting, but honestly, even if they do launch in the US - the game will probably NEVER make it to Ep2 like the JP version. PSU the US support was over a year behind...no reason to even bother. With all of the work some members have put into translations, I forget sometimes the game is in another language.

I'm getting ready to turn off the translations though mostly, b/c I've learned everything now without having to see then English.

Not to forget to mention that Episode 2 certainly isn't the last Episode of PSO2 (at all) if SEGA's hinting towards another 10 years of continued support has anything to say about it.

IzzyData
Aug 22, 2013, 10:35 PM
Not how it works. You can only have two characters per account if it is an older account. Newer accounts can take advantage of a character creation 'exploit' to have three characters for free, but this privilege is lost automatically when

Not sure why you are assuming he has 2 characters.

Korazenn
Aug 22, 2013, 11:44 PM
Not sure why you are assuming he has 2 characters.

Didn't you look at unicorn's signature before posting? A 'FOcaseal' is only available in PSO2. :/

IzzyData
Aug 23, 2013, 12:09 AM
I did not, but seeing as how he is level 15 then that is basically 1 day of work.

blace
Aug 23, 2013, 12:14 AM
Just so everyone knows, people that had two or more characters still got a free slot upon the episode 2 update. It's just that if you delete any slots when you have more than two, it'll require AC to create another slot again.

Korazenn
Aug 23, 2013, 01:13 AM
Just so everyone knows, people that had two or more characters still got a free slot upon the episode 2 update. It's just that if you delete any slots when you have more than two, it'll require AC to create another slot again.

Thanks for the clarification~ ^^