PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Exit Bursts and Crystal Farming

Z-0
Aug 22, 2013, 06:34 AM
Are patched in roughly two weeks:

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2049

milranduil
Aug 22, 2013, 06:55 AM
I'm soooo so glad I got RAHU leveling done when I did. Spamming HU in AQ is bad enough as it is ;x

Rien
Aug 22, 2013, 06:58 AM
So can't even get a decent, reliable PSE burst anymore?

AQs aren't even going to be worth two shits now.

jooozek
Aug 22, 2013, 07:04 AM
back to running in circles online 2

Z-0
Aug 22, 2013, 07:08 AM
I'm not so sure about AQs being useless, I'd still say they're more useful than MPA (that is, always have been), but it definitely knocks off their usefulness, yes, and makes it harder to farm capsules to sustain yourself, unfortunately (although it's probably not too hard anyway, but people shouldn't feel forced to clear entire maps just to keep their capsule count up).

I just hope they do something about the horrible drop rates, because exit burst x99 and no decent drop? Something has to be done about that shit.

Zenobia
Aug 22, 2013, 07:17 AM
Nah I don't think AQ's will be that useless at all myself, but the drop rates welp GL ever seeing segac get off their asses to fix that. Sega wants ya monies bro that's all.

Horo The Wise Wolf
Aug 22, 2013, 07:18 AM
We're still going to play AQ's. What's the point? Sure exit bursts were useful, but it doesn't effect gameplay that much with them (nerfed?)

I am neutral, mostly because I can care less. I guess if I had to pick a side I approve of this fix.

Sp-24
Aug 22, 2013, 07:20 AM
I just hope they do something about the horrible drop rates, because exit burst x99 and no decent drop? Something has to be done about that shit.
Rare Drop Boost +250% and Tri Boost +100%, is that not enough already?

Oh, wait, you mean do something that's freely available to everyone. Ha ha ha. Ha.

Horo The Wise Wolf
Aug 22, 2013, 07:21 AM
Rare Drop Boost +250% and Tri Boost +100%, is that not enough already?

Oh, wait, you mean do something that's freely available to everyone. Ha ha ha. Ha.

They are freely available to everyone though....(Well, maybe not the 100% Tri boosts. But just grind for the 50%'s and wait for sega to mess up for a 100%)

jooozek
Aug 22, 2013, 07:38 AM
you mean paying 14000 FUN for a 250% or 1500 FUN for a 50% rare drop rate boost that lasts for 30 minutes?
haha
oh wow

gigawuts
Aug 22, 2013, 07:41 AM
I'm not so sure about AQs being useless, I'd still say they're more useful than MPA (that is, always have been), but it definitely knocks off their usefulness, yes, and makes it harder to farm capsules to sustain yourself, unfortunately (although it's probably not too hard anyway, but people shouldn't feel forced to clear entire maps just to keep their capsule count up).

Stuff like this is what gets me thinking the game doesn't use a "standard" drop system, but flags you as likely to find certain items and until you find those items you won't find much else.

Which would be why you can farm something in one area for months, then do one single run somewhere else and find a boss's rarest 10*.

It's just too far fetched that scenarios like yours are common place. Random's random, but after a point that shouldn't be happening.

(related: http://search.dilbert.com/comic/Random%20Number%20Generator )

Horo The Wise Wolf
Aug 22, 2013, 07:41 AM
6 Excubes....

Play AQ, get stones. Buy proxy weapons. Convert into 10*'s. Trade for Excube. Exchange 6 Excubes for a 250% boost.

Grind any weapon to +10 (A few times if necessary)

Bingo, no Fun necessary

jooozek
Aug 22, 2013, 07:42 AM
yeah, brb grinding 20 hours for a 30 minutes boost

Horo The Wise Wolf
Aug 22, 2013, 07:47 AM
Do you have anything better to do with your AQ stones? Do you throw them at random bystanders or something? If so I need to buy that lobby action.

The offer is on the table for you to easily get the boosts. It's your choice to take it or not. Don't forget also you can get Excubes from Level Cap, daily login, and for various Campaigns. Just because you don't want to use the easy features the game utilizes don't complain about them not being obtainable to anyone.

jooozek
Aug 22, 2013, 07:50 AM
0 x 250% = 0

Ezodagrom
Aug 22, 2013, 07:51 AM
Is this the change that they're going to make to bursts?

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/GxUkL1A.jpg[/spoiler-box]

If so, doing bursts in exits or corners will probably still be more effective than in the middle of the field, just not as much as current exit bursts.
Though at least melee classes will be able to actually use melee during the burst (instead of just...additional bullet spam =w=)...

Horo The Wise Wolf
Aug 22, 2013, 07:52 AM
0 x 250% = 0

So if that is your theory, why do you care about how obtainable they are in the first place?

Now I am done.

Is this the change that they're going to make to bursts?

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/GxUkL1A.jpg[/spoiler-box]

If so, doing bursts in exits or corners will probably still be more effective than in the middle of the field, just not as much as current exit bursts.
Though at least melee classes will be able to actually use melee during the burst (instead of just...additional bullet spam =w=)...

That wouldn't solve exit bursts though would it? You could just tuck yourself in the corner of the exit...Eh well I guess it would have the same effect in the field.

milranduil
Aug 22, 2013, 07:54 AM
Do you have anything better to do with your AQ stones? Do you throw them at random bystanders or something? If so I need to buy that lobby action.

I lol'd for longer than I should at that.

So can't even get a decent, reliable PSE burst anymore?

AQs aren't even going to be worth two shits now.

This just means you can't entrance/exit burst anymore. It will emphasize finding a decent corner on the map to burst. Sure it might not be as efficient as entrance/exit, but it won't be all that bad. It won't be as simple as talis'd zondeel ad nausem though.

jooozek
Aug 22, 2013, 07:54 AM
where did you read that i actually care about them? i just find it funny how people waste excubes on them since all you will gain from them is more 赤 ubers :lol:

milranduil
Aug 22, 2013, 07:55 AM
where did you read that i actually care about them? i just find it funny how people waste excubes on them since all you will gain from them is more 赤 ubers :lol:

And area stones, some of which have very useful trade-ins...

jooozek
Aug 22, 2013, 07:56 AM
And area stones, some of which have very useful trade-ins...

this convo shot off how rares drop rates are shit so

DoubleCannon
Aug 22, 2013, 08:07 AM
My issue before with these bursts.. randoms kicked you if you had no range.. so if your a hunter / fighter with no add bullet GS on you.. you were kicked... then they took it a step further and made it forces only. If anything I hope this change fucked over the elites cause thats just poor attitude and RACISTS! lol

I did enjoy them alot still though once I got a GM. got all my RA/GU and spamming lambda varolet add bullet 15 during exit bursts for tons of untekk'd reds ^^;

Zenobia
Aug 22, 2013, 08:12 AM
My issue before with these bursts.. randoms kicked you if you had no range.. so if your a hunter / fighter with no add bullet GS on you.. you were kicked... then they took it a step further and made it forces only. If anything I hope this change fucked over the elites cause thats just poor attitude and RACISTS! lol

I did enjoy them alot still though once I got a GM. got all my RA/GU and spamming lambda varolet add bullet 15 during exit bursts for tons of untekk'd reds ^^;

Well even if you are a hunter dude GS is not useless at all people keep saying Additional Bullet is the shit for a reaosn. If I had too say you should keep it on ya and mow down mobs.

Sure it was useless back then but it comes in handy when it needs too that being mobs and PSE burst.

DoubleCannon
Aug 22, 2013, 08:19 AM
Well even if you are a hunter dude GS is not useless at all people keep saying Additional Bullet is the shit for a reaosn. If I had too say you should keep it on ya and mow down mobs.

Sure it was useless back then but it comes in handy when it needs too that being mobs and PSE burst.

lol No i didnt mean to say it was useless, I mean to say that before I even had a GS with add bullet or any experience with a GS I was kicked just because I had no range over many times. I spam GS now especially caves aq using the tundra stone shop GS. that thing just tears mobs down lol.

But with all that, no reason to kick someone because they had 0 range all over exit / entrance bursts. I got really mad over it long ago lol. I welcome this change but Sega needs to increase chances for cross bursts especially MPA which having full 12/12 still cant even get a cross :/

Shinamori
Aug 22, 2013, 08:23 AM
Bursting in small places or in corners is just as good.

milranduil
Aug 22, 2013, 08:36 AM
Bursting in small places or in corners is just as good.

Depends entirely on the spawn points. That's what made exit/entrance bursts so efficient, especially with JP in your party for the quicker spawns: guaranteed spawn points close to one another for Launcher/Addbullet/Zondeel spam. It's still possible to find such areas, but, for the most part, it won't be nearly as easy unless you know spawn points and their activation distances to a T.

.Jack
Aug 22, 2013, 08:39 AM
Find a corner where everyone sticks together spamming their strongest PAs w/infinite PP = easy 5-10min+ burst in Vita blocks.

No entrance/exit required.

Punisher106
Aug 22, 2013, 08:44 AM
I want to know what the fuck is going through their heads to nerf these. I mean, seriously, Even with orgasmic Exit Bursts, I usually only amass about 14 capsules a run. Without these bursts, I don't think I'll even be able to break 10. Is Sega really trying to get us to buy those overpriced capsules from the NPC shop? I hope there's enough backlash to make them un-nerf these exit bursts. It's a fucking strategy to do them near the exit, not a glitch. |:

BlankM
Aug 22, 2013, 08:46 AM
How will we call people for 12-man crystal bursts now? =\

Shadowth117
Aug 22, 2013, 08:49 AM
Find a corner where everyone sticks together spamming their strongest PAs w/infinite PP = easy 5-10min+ burst in Vita blocks.

No entrance/exit required.

You're also assuming that its going to work like that and won't involve more detailed changes to ensure little end areas don't end up being like that. I'm not saying this won't be a good option then, given SEGA it probably will, but they may well just patch bursts to act differently than they have previously or something.

Regardless, I'm personally glad to see them go, so long as they get in some better missions in general later and maybe mess with drop rates. I mean hell, the good guy I quoted outlined the lack of thought they take to perform, and that's not even describing true entrance/exit bursting. Its kind of strange to allow something like that to be the absolute best way to get rares in my opinion.

BlankM
Aug 22, 2013, 08:58 AM
I doubt they will really change much. Bursting will still be the best way to go, you'll just perform them in a different way. Zondeel at some corner of the map.

All this does is nerf the reward, because y'know. SEGA doesn't like to reward people for playing.

Sure, MAYBE getting 400k exp every burst is a bit much, but in terms of drops the rates were still crap.

I don't like this change unless they give us something to compensate. I've heard rumors PSE bursts will be more likely, that enemies will now spawn next to you, things like that. We'll see what they do, but considering SEGA has done nothing but make the game easier as of late(Exit bursts have been easier since ep.2, since now enemies spawn during PSE burst chance) if they don't compensate then the game will just be boring imo.

I really don't see how AQs will be any more fun without them.

Arkanoid
Aug 22, 2013, 09:00 AM
So ummm, what is crystal farming exactly and how they nerfing it?

BlankM
Aug 22, 2013, 09:03 AM
""Mamorinuke the excitation crystal!" E trial for adjustment of prediction Conditions"

By prediction conditions I assume they mean the omen.

When you get a crystal omen you have time to call your friends, get a 12 man party, then farm an exit burst off the increased PSE chance. I assume this just means you won't be able to call people ahead of time anymore.

Can still make use of the increased pse after the crystals are completed I'm sure.

jooozek
Aug 22, 2013, 09:13 AM
from what i recall, if you aren't around for the code, you will not count in the bursts that come from the code i.e. you won't be counted for the enemy spawn in bursts

gigawuts
Aug 22, 2013, 09:15 AM
""Mamorinuke the excitation crystal!" E trial for adjustment of prediction Conditions"

By prediction conditions I assume they mean the omen.

When you get a crystal omen you have time to call your friends, get a 12 man party, then farm an exit burst off the increased PSE chance. I assume this just means you won't be able to call people ahead of time anymore.

Can still make use of the increased pse after the crystals are completed I'm sure.

jesus, the ability to phone people in was the entire point. Sega really wants to squeeze its players for everything it possibly can, don't they?

Must be nice to have no competition.

Z-0
Aug 22, 2013, 09:36 AM
from what i recall, if you aren't around for the code, you will not count in the bursts that come from the code i.e. you won't be counted for the enemy spawn in bursts
Yes, that's correct.

What I'm assuming is that the omen won't appear anymore, so if you were to call people in, they would have to be fast, which isn't really easy since people are on different blocks, ingame, busy, AFK, etc. etc. Which means you can't wait for people to get to you.

EvilMag
Aug 22, 2013, 09:48 AM
Cool Sega, keep punishing the players for having fun.

Walkure
Aug 22, 2013, 10:04 AM
Cool Sega, keep punishing the players for having fun.
http://i.imgur.com/OkYvqVe.png

Rien
Aug 22, 2013, 10:23 AM
If they made mobs spawn next to you, it wouldn't change the fact that AB can still cover them all.

In the very least it lets melee do something other than switch to gunslash.

Z-0
Aug 22, 2013, 10:26 AM
If they made mobs spawn next to you, it wouldn't change the fact that AB can still cover them all.

In the very least it lets melee do something other than switch to gunslash.
Melees should still switch to gunslash, unless one wants to push enemies further and further out.

I don't think melee would be "more useful" in bursts because of this, as enemies spawn at a random distance from you instead of right next to you, so when they do spawn away, you're spending time running to the enemies, which then risks pushing the burst outwards as well.

Walkure
Aug 22, 2013, 10:30 AM
What would be the problem in lowering the spawning radius for PSE bursts?

At the worst, it seems like that would happen is it goes back to pre-exit bursts where FOs dropped layers and layers of zondeel until the screen was white and the sound was a cacophonous orgy of BZZZZZZZZZZRRRRRRRRRTTTT.

D-Inferno
Aug 22, 2013, 10:36 AM
I do think the way bursting works should be changed, as farming enemies in one spot not only is boring, but getting rares from the area is annoying due to Zondeel blocking your vision (not to mention SEGA doesn't feel like making it so rares don't vanish).

The drop rates need a serious adjustment though, as even with burst, I find jack shit (best find was Inferno Bazooka).

gigawuts
Aug 22, 2013, 10:42 AM
I dunno, I'm finding 10* stuff like crazy, and I'm playing everywhere lately when I do it. All different quests, etc.

I can't even run TAs in peace anymore - got gwana daggers off a level 41 gwana yesterday.

KatsujinkenKik
Aug 22, 2013, 12:35 PM
A real shame. Regardless of whether or not I personally get rares (never from bursts because that would make too much sense) I always like the idea that people have a way to actually manipulate luck in their favor.

Obviously that doesn't mean anything for me as I've used over 20 250% rare drop and something like 13 tris and I have never gotten 10*s with them, it is always without. But knowing that people were creating these items gave me a happy feeling.

MetalDude
Aug 22, 2013, 12:40 PM
So to compensate, they're boosting PSE appearance rates, "One More" consistency, and rare drop rates right?

No? Well I'm really fuckin' excited for this patch.

UnLucky
Aug 22, 2013, 03:54 PM
It would be nice if lv6 and 7 PSEs didn't disappear all the fucking time.

Goukezitsu
Aug 22, 2013, 04:06 PM
Well. This could be a good thing if they replace this nerf with more reliable pse bursts overall. If they made it so the enemies just spawn in masses around you no matter where you are, this might be an upgrade instead of being screwed when code protection ignites a pse burst in the middle of nowhere or other bad situations.

I think it could be a good just hopefully they don't straight up make pse bursts shit without replacing it with a better method.

BIG OLAF
Aug 22, 2013, 04:21 PM
About time they nerfed it. Now people can't skeaze through levels.

Slightly on-topic, I'm wondering if they'll ever make an EQ that's just a giant, circular arena with PSE Burst chances through the roof. Now that would be an event mission.

jcart953
Aug 22, 2013, 04:45 PM
About time they nerfed it. Now people can't skeaze through levels.

What's wrong with that?

strikerhunter
Aug 22, 2013, 04:55 PM
Slightly on-topic, I'm wondering if they'll ever make an EQ that's just a giant, circular arena with PSE Burst chances through the roof. Now that would be an event mission.

With the objective reaching to high number of kills before heading to the next floor or burst? Yeah I can see a possible chance.....................

What's wrong with that?

Leveling becomes a bit harder (edit) but it's not like that it is. So you lost 1 source of leveling, there are still many other sources.

Honestly, I like it when it takes longer to level up.

On topic: If the drop rates aren't changed or rare spawns aren't increased during bursts, then this is going to be one sad update.

jcart953
Aug 22, 2013, 05:19 PM
Leveling becomes easier

So lol?

So you lost 1 source of leveling, there are still many other sources..
Lol didn't say there wasn't. In most other mmos I tend to like leveling but not in this game I prefer to just get to the end and do "end game stuff". Not much do in between there..[

IzzyData
Aug 22, 2013, 05:24 PM
"end game stuff".[

Farming money for cute clothes to afk in the lobby with? :-P

strikerhunter
Aug 22, 2013, 05:30 PM
So lol?

So? Leveling is still ridiculously easy in PSO2 with or without bursts.

And I meant to say a little harder not easier >_>

CloudChaser
Aug 22, 2013, 05:31 PM
Oh god not again.

jcart953
Aug 22, 2013, 05:40 PM
Farming money for cute clothes to afk in the lobby with? :-P

Nah I already have over 100mil and every 10 I wanted . Not to mention I don't make 10yr old looking characters nor do I afk in lobby's. So what was the point of your post?

Naiza Sa Remasu
Aug 22, 2013, 06:05 PM
I still don't get how people farmed for crystal codes anyway

Aine
Aug 23, 2013, 01:20 AM
I still don't get how people farmed for crystal codes anyway
Find 12 people, then split up and run through maps separately until someone finds a crystal.

Crystal farming is boring as hell, but I really liked exit bursts in AQs. I hated AQs before we discovered exit bursts and perfected the strategy of doing them, so I guess I'm gonna go back to hating this game again. welp

IzzyData
Aug 23, 2013, 01:24 AM
Nah I already have over 100mil and every 10 I wanted . Not to mention I don't make 10yr old looking characters nor do I afk in lobby's. So what was the point of your post?

Not sure what you are getting defensive about since it was mostly a joke. Now I'm curious as to what you could possibly do in the game anymore.

UnLucky
Aug 23, 2013, 02:40 AM
Farming money for cute clothes to farm money with, obv

Horo The Wise Wolf
Aug 23, 2013, 02:59 AM

Watch out guys, we have ourselves a BADASS!

Chdata
Aug 23, 2013, 03:45 AM
I don't have enough numbers ++ on my weapons OAO

need more 5 affix!

AgemFrostMage
Aug 23, 2013, 04:05 AM
I dunno, I'm finding 10* stuff like crazy, and I'm playing everywhere lately when I do it. All different quests, etc.

I can't even run TAs in peace anymore - got gwana daggers off a level 41 gwana yesterday.

I got a quartz dragon double saber from hard mode sanctum TA, should be good for my CAST until he outgrows it.

jcart953
Aug 23, 2013, 08:24 AM
Not sure what you are getting defensive about since it was mostly a joke. Now I'm curious as to what you could possibly do in the game anymore.

Don't know what your talking about just didn't see the point of your post especially since nobody except you brought up the idea of money. Oh and it was "mostly a joke" and the rest was?.. No need Gotcha

jcart953
Aug 23, 2013, 08:25 AM
gibberish

Watch out guys, we have ourselves a BADASS!

/facepalm

BlankM
Aug 23, 2013, 12:48 PM
Find 12 people, then split up and run through maps separately until someone finds a crystal.

Crystal farming is boring as hell, but I really liked exit bursts in AQs. I hated AQs before we discovered exit bursts and perfected the strategy of doing them, so I guess I'm gonna go back to hating this game again. welp

This^

Seriously. I mean take away one of the few fun things to do in AQ...

Arkanoid
Aug 23, 2013, 01:14 PM
I don't really think exit bursts are "fun", you can get more items out of it but you just stand in a spot and exploit the fact that the enemies keep spawning in the same place.

Maybe they could release a new EQ in their honor. Here's a mockup:

W| O 1000 | W
A | -|- GS ADDITIONAL enemies | A
L | /\ BOOLET spawn | L
L | here | L

Edit: well that didn't come out the way I wanted it :(
But the idea is to just spawn in front of a stream of enemies who helplessly spawn right in front of you. Maybe they could have a Signo Blue day?

The_Philosopher
Aug 23, 2013, 01:16 PM
I like reading these forums just to see how much different people's opinions can be. I, for one, found exit bursts dreadfully boring. I mean, 2 minutes of constant AB is okay, but 5~10? It got on my nerves after the first few minutes every time.

So yeah, I won't be shedding any tears after this update.

Shadowth117
Aug 23, 2013, 01:21 PM
I don't really think exit bursts are "fun", you can get more items out of it but you just stand in a spot and exploit the fact that the enemies keep spawning in the same place.

This^

MetalDude
Aug 23, 2013, 01:53 PM
They're boring, they're just really efficient and helpful in a game with terrible drop rates. If you're still not finding stuff in those, why the hell should we have to deal with the rates in the kind of mess that a regular burst is?

jooozek
Aug 23, 2013, 02:21 PM
you know what's really boring? when you play this game and nothing ever drops

BlankM
Aug 23, 2013, 02:24 PM
I don't really see how running around the map is any more fun then an exit burst. Specially running to a corner only to find 4 spawns because lolrng...

At least exit bursts were something to aim for. You had a strategy and you committed to it. Sometimes that strategy changed mid-game. You made decisions.(If you actually want to make the most out of everything)

I don't think exit bursts are good design, but I surely think they're more fun then what the game is without them. Is a burst really more fun if you have to move around to kill crap that spawns in random locations? Not really. You'll still just be spamming the same moves.

gigawuts
Aug 23, 2013, 02:47 PM
Is a burst really more fun if you have to move around to kill crap that spawns in random locations? Not really. You'll still just be spamming the same moves.

This is what people don't really seem to get.

PSE bursts are terrible design. They're a big middle finger to you if you can't get them, and if you only get one for 1 minute. They're a statement that drops are balanced around getting PSE bursts and if you can't get any then ha ha ha get fucked.

It's really just bad design all around.

Arkanoid
Aug 23, 2013, 03:07 PM
Well I play hunter so an exit burst means I just stand there and spam Additional Bullet.

But to put it simply, yes moving around and having enemies spawn in more than one spot is indeed more fun than sitting in a spot for 5 minutes or more and literally doing the exact same thing over and over.

BlankM
Aug 23, 2013, 03:10 PM
Well this update honestly won't change much.

The further you move out, the more likely enemies will get displaced. Ranged weapons will still be preferable.

You'll still have lots of zondeel, AB, cluster bullet. You'll just be getting less exp and drops in the process.

Z-0
Aug 23, 2013, 03:10 PM
But you still do the exact same thing over and over when you don't have a burst at an exit. There is literally no difference if you're looking for an efficient burst, you just stand in a corner and spam Additional Bullet, Cluster Bullet or Gifoie/Rafoie/Zonde/Zondeel.

What's the difference?

The problem isn't exit bursts in my opinion, it's the fact that bursts exist at all, considering the game is balanced around them. To "fix" exit bursts, I would rather bursts be patched out completely, while PSEs are just little bonus effects, and we have realistic spawns both solo and multiplayer, with more riveting quests.

Arkanoid
Aug 23, 2013, 03:19 PM
But I don't really do the same thing, I just did a cross burst in a corner in Ruins yesterday where I got to actually use much more effective things than AB against kuklohnadas and stuff because they spawned close and I didn't have to worry about making them spawn farther away.

Aine
Aug 23, 2013, 06:33 PM
It's not just the burst itself, but the whole process of getting an exit burst going effectively that I like. First unlock the exit, then turn back and fill in the rest of the map until you get a burst chance, then use a pipe to jump back to the exit. It keeps you on your toes because you have to pay attention to the light pillars and PSE levels to avoid accidentally starting the burst in the middle of the map.

For example, if the Meseta PSE is at level 7 and you see a yellow pillar going up, that means it's going to rise to 8 a few seconds later. If the Blast Gauge PSE is at level 6 and you see two blue pillars going up at the same time, it's going to rise to 8. If you see a rainbow pillar, it's going to burst, so jump in the telepipe as fast as you can.

I actually find the exit burst itself fun as well, there's something about positioning yourselves so that the enemies all spawn in the exact same spot and vapourizing them with Cluster Bullet that feels so good. Then there's the whole effort-reward thing that makes it satisfying when you get a good exit burst going.

On the issue of class balance, this isn't going to make things any better for melee (it'll probably make it worse). As long as the enemy spawn positions are based on the player positions, people are just going to do corner/wall bursts instead. They could have made it so that enemy spawns are not based on player position but rather randomly spawn within the current block, but since they've stated that the changes won't affect normal bursts it's not going to happen.

What they should have done instead is give melee the tools to do an exit burst, such as a charge attack with range like Po2i's Overend, or a piercing spear throw, or whatever. But they don't really care about balance, they just want to stop people from blowing through content with hyper-efficient playstyles.

Punisher106
Aug 23, 2013, 08:10 PM
Po2i's Overend

I.... don't recall Infinity having Over End.

Z-0
Aug 23, 2013, 08:17 PM
Most likely means Grand Crusher.

Aine
Aug 23, 2013, 09:02 PM
Overend was the Duman Hunter's Infinity Blast.